Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/932309911463219201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm surprised there aren't more toxic work stories coming out of Entourage after the Piven stuff.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lycus posted:

Oh, the final season of Longmire snuck out.

I can't be the only one to get excited about this show because I keep mistaking it for Brockmire right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hulu keeps offering me "30 second interactive ads" instead of a regular break, but it makes me feel so dirty to interact with them that I'd rather just watch the 2-minute breaks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Hulu keeps offering me "30 second interactive ads" instead of a regular break, but it makes me feel so dirty to interact with them that I'd rather just watch the 2-minute breaks.

I bailed on hulu ages ago and haven't bothered to look back but because of the wiggy poo poo they pulled with adblockers I basically had to deal with ads and I would always opt for the interactive ads given the choice. The quiz ones in particular you could christmas tree and be done in no time flat.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I bailed on hulu ages ago and haven't bothered to look back but because of the wiggy poo poo they pulled with adblockers I basically had to deal with ads and I would always opt for the interactive ads given the choice. The quiz ones in particular you could christmas tree and be done in no time flat.

It's just so awful when it's like "What kind of Nissan are you?" and you have to pick one. I don't want to encourage them either because then they'll turn every ad into that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pay four more dollars a month and have no ads, imo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

zoux posted:

Pay four more dollars a month and have no ads, imo

gently caress hulu they deserve to be shuttered.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I switched to limited ads recently because they had a deal for students that let you get that and Spotify together for $5 a month and I'm real poor so I needed it. I assumed limited ads was just beginning and end, but nope, it's basically the same as the free tier was before they got rid of that!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey this is a dumb question but is The Expanse available online anywhere? Cant seem to find season 1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

Hey this is a dumb question but is The Expanse available online anywhere? Cant seem to find season 1

Amazon Prime

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

StashAugustine posted:

Assuming USA, season 2 may hit amazon prime after Christmas. Both are on UK netflix I hear.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Catching up on Leah Remini's Scientology show, the segment about the life of L Ron Hubbard when they show his habit of editing estranged and disgraced former associates out of media and they show the video where editing the man out makes it look like a pile of books start moving across the room of their own accord made me laugh really hard.

https://i.imgur.com/8S3XCBd.mp4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That would clearly be L Ron using his mighty powers to move those books with his mind.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is extremely unsurprising.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ohhh, Lady Dynamite is a Hurwitz show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I just got to episode 6 of Future Man, and I really want to read some post season rundown of riffs/homages because I can't help but feel like Wolf ripping his sleeves off was supposed to mimic that Chippendale's Swayze bit from old SNL.

And the actor that plays Wolf, Derek Wilson, I know he was in Preacher S1 (I haven't watched S2), but he was the abusive dad that got his arm broken by Jesse, right? I don't remember the plot so well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

And the actor that plays Wolf, Derek Wilson, I know he was in Preacher S1 (I haven't watched S2), but he was the abusive dad that got his arm broken by Jesse, right? I don't remember the plot so well.

Yeah. The show maintains a similar production team, so I figure this role was written for the guy.

(He's not in Season 2 of Preacher, for, uh, obvious reasons.)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I should probably re-watch S1 of Preacher, then. He wasn't the Preacher shot my dick off! Guy was he?

E: no wait, didn't Jesse accidentally blow everyone upat the end of the season? IDK if I need to spoiler these, but I feel like I'm just bad at watching/remembering TV at this point.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 20, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Corey Wolf-Hart is one of TV greatest heroes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SMILF is proving to be an unexpected year-end highlight. Frankie Shaw rules

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

You're dead loving right. She's all in.
Samara Weaving is no frills aussie in this, not tv aussie.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wynonna Earp is pretty good. Kind of like Buffy with more of a modern humor/sarcasm twist to it and self-aware writing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Figured out what Future Man reminds me of: Chuck. Which is a show I haven't thought of in forever.

I'm almost positive I caught a straight up Chuck reference when they told his dad to keep the car running (there was no car).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Escobarbarian posted:

All I want to know is what the "S" stands for

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Iron Crowned posted:

Single

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Well that's stupid

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

Skyrim, obviously. They've ported it to MILFs.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Wynonna Earp is pretty good. Kind of like Buffy with more of a modern humor/sarcasm twist to it and self-aware writing.

Yeah, I really dig it. It's dumb, but it knows exactly how dumb it is and just has fun with it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Skyrim, obviously. They've ported it to MILFs.

Ugh, that's even worse, why would anyone want to play more Skyrim?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FactsAreUseless posted:

Figured out what Future Man reminds me of: Chuck. Which is a show I haven't thought of in forever.

Might be why I’m not as hot on it as others, I thought Chuck was awful from what I saw. Futureman definitely better.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just started episode 2 of Future Man.

"YOU AND YOUR MUTANT RACE DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!" Might be the biggest laugh I had all year, Wolf is amazing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Just started episode 2 of Future Man.

"YOU AND YOUR MUTANT RACE DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!" Might be the biggest laugh I had all year, Wolf is amazing.

You're in for more of that!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Chuck varied greatly in quality. At its best, it was really fun, and at its worst it was the cringiest poo poo.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 20, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Travelers season 2 will be on Netflix December 26th.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Am I the only one who actually liked Me, Myself and I?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You might just be the only one who watched it. Isn't it cancelled already?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inspector 34 posted:

You might just be the only one who watched it. Isn't it cancelled already?

I wanted to watch it, but I forgot it existed because I saw exactly one commercial for it, and it's locked behind CBS All Access, so :rip:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I forgot how good Search Party is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It didn't get canceled. It got pulled from the schedule indefinitely.

So yeah it got canceled.

• Locked thread