Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pls just play the pc version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

frank buy a steam deck

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

League mechanic crafting is pretty good, made this:

Only had to buy about 10 corpses (got impatient), farmed the rest myself.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

frank buy a steam deck

Can vouch for this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive been afraid to put poe on the deck, feels like i would melt it, just been doing remote play insntead

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Stux posted:

ive been afraid to put poe on the deck, feels like i would melt it, just been doing remote play insntead

I mean it's not amazing but it's pretty good.* From your videos it seems like you've got a good rig though

*It for sure turned into a slideshow when juicing with goons last season. Abyss ftl

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh wow this build when set up properly has pretty drat good map clear. poo poo flying everywhere. This is neat. I may just have to spec into Legion. Feels like this build would be good at that.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
doing legion on a build good at legion is one of the Big Joys of PoE

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

frank buy a steam deck

It's on my wish list of things to buy but I'd lose all my cosmetics and hideout etc if I switch at this point.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Oh wow this build when set up properly has pretty drat good map clear. poo poo flying everywhere. This is neat. I may just have to spec into Legion. Feels like this build would be good at that.

Wait til ya get a Nimis

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Wait til ya get a Nimis

I'm assuming that would be funny as hell. You don't even have to aim, poo poo just flies all over the screen constantly (more than it already does I mean)?

Very curious to see how this build does vs bosses. The map clear is v good

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 6, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Haven't seen anyone mention it but shutout to whoever designed the new monster DD sound effect. No way in hell you'll not notice it and will make you crap your pants a little when you hear it. Very effective.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Haven't seen anyone mention it but shutout to whoever designed the new monster DD sound effect. No way in hell you'll not notice it and will make you crap your pants a little when you hear it. Very effective.

DD?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Detonate Dead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

I'm assuming that would be funny as hell. You don't even have to aim, poo poo just flies all over the screen constantly (more than it already does I mean)?

Very curious to see how this build does vs bosses. The map clear is v good

Yeah Nimis is where you really want phasing so you can basically stand inside of enemies as you kill them. Don't know it you noticed but Returning Projectile Support applies a whopping 60% less damage to projectiles on the return path, and it still shreds stuff. Nimis lets you lose that penalty AND frees up the slot for another support gem which is more than worth the random spread.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

whypick1 posted:

All of these problems with be solved if you just played on PC :twisted:

I’ll be honest I picked my build based on what I could play over Steam Streaming to my phone which does feel like a new low of degeneracy for me.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
After caving and buying an 21/20 exploding trap of shrapnel gem I went 3/3 on my remaining projects, each one selling for higher than my buy price. Helps salve the sting of bricking 4 6L kintsugi's in a row on the Locus

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Yeah Nimis is where you really want phasing so you can basically stand inside of enemies as you kill them. Don't know it you noticed but Returning Projectile Support applies a whopping 60% less damage to projectiles on the return path, and it still shreds stuff. Nimis lets you lose that penalty AND frees up the slot for another support gem which is more than worth the random spread.

I found a nimis in my first league right at the very end about a day after I got my mageblood like 2 weeks before the league ended. Some guy yelled at me for charging a ton for it but iirc

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Helps salve the sting of bricking 4 6L kintsugi's in a row on the Locus

Wouldn't it be better to use tainted currency to 6L afterwards if you get a success?

6S, get the colors, toss it in, if it survives 4-5L at the bench and throw tainted fusing orbs at it would be the more efficient route yea?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Okay, basketball done. Time for PoE

Tonight is the night I:
  • Beat the Cruel Merciless Lab
  • Finish the Campaign
  • Dip my toes into all this map / atlas stuff I've only read about.

Here we go!

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 6, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you thought the firehose you were drinking from during the campaign was big...

Edit: Oh, you should do Merc Lab before you finish the campaign

vvv Blast, you caught my ninja edit. :argh:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 6, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It would save him the cost of 6L'ing before deleting the item?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Double edit: I just set up my Animate Guardian after finally filling a Hungry Loop for him. Is there any way to see the gear he has equipped?

I was scared for you for a minute there, then I realized you put the AG gem in the Hungry Loop, you didn't try to animate the Hungry Loop itself.

Oh I found Nameless Seer in act 2. Best choice was a 10iiq sadimas, got 5c for it.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 6, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

whypick1 posted:

Edit: Oh, you should do Merc Lab before you finish the campaign

Yeah, I meant Merc. Doing that before the second res hit.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Paying2Lurk posted:

Okay, basketball done. Time for PoE

Tonight is the night I:
  • Beat the Cruel Merciless Lab
  • Finish the Campaign
  • Dip my toes into all this map / atlas stuff I've only read about.

Here we go!

You’re the other PS5 player right? You should add me: MrFrankFrank

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wouldn't it be better to use tainted currency to 6L afterwards if you get a success?

6S, get the colors, toss it in, if it survives 4-5L at the bench and throw tainted fusing orbs at it would be the more efficient route yea?

Oh 6Ling is easy with Black Morrigan. I am trying for double corrupt.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Frank Frank posted:

You’re the other PS5 player right? You should add me: MrFrankFrank

I will as soon as I get through this drat Cruel Lab. My PSN is Static_Rook

So far I've disconnected twice, died in the room before the last fight, and once on the last Izaro fight when he had a sliver of health left. Tedious AF

EDIT - Friend request sent. Died 3 times to Izaro's teleporting me right onto a saw blade thing. I'm done with this game's bullshit for the night. Time for some other kind of bs.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 6, 2024

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Anyone tried bulk selling scarabs on TFT or Wealthy Exile?

If so, any luck? What % actually sold?

Same if anyone tried bulk selling coffins

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a confirmed documentation on corruption changes, Vaal orb vs Locus/Doryani's? I wanna do some math.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Goddammit, how many times did I run past caverns in act 2 and not notice the secret Vaal Skills recipe room?

edit:

Keru fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 6, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Probably just once

'The Caverns' poewiki changelog posted:

The Crafting Recipe unlock for Movement Speed - Rank 1 can now be found in The City of Sarn.
(Undocumented) A new Crafting Recipe unlock for increased Damage with Vaal Skills has been added to The Caverns.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Keru posted:

Goddammit, how many times did I run past caverns in act 2 and not notice the secret Vaal Skills recipe room?

The amount is [your runs through a2 this league]

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Having gotten my league mandated fill of ritual disappointment, I've swapped over to ultimatum+harvest which seems to be working out pretty well? Harvest only needs 1 scarab and ultimatum seems pretty good with double bribe scarabs, been getting a stuff that actually has value pretty consistently and it feels like they've reworked the reward generation for inscribed ultimatums to be significantly better than last league.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Paying2Lurk posted:

So far I've disconnected twice, died in the room before the last fight, and once on the last Izaro fight when he had a sliver of health left. Tedious AF

EDIT - Friend request sent. Died 3 times to Izaro's teleporting me right onto a saw blade thing. I'm done with this game's bullshit for the night. Time for some other kind of bs.

My friend, you need some dark shrines perhaps! https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Mysterious_Darkshrine

You can see where they're at on https://www.poelab.com/

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

whypick1 posted:

Probably just once

I figured it was new for this league, but also three times. I like making a lot of new starts because brain probelms.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You're posting in the Path of Exile thread on the Something Awful forums, "brain problems" is a given.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Paying2Lurk posted:

Do you know about Darkshrines? That final room is nearly impossible if you don't disable the traps in it especially if you get the room with the saw blades/spinning spike things. Keeping your distance from Izaro is extremely important as he has a couple big slams that will just instantly kill you and if you don't have room to maneuver, welp.

Go here:
https://www.poelab.com/

The lab layout changes daily but if you look on the map, you can see nodes that are marked with a "D". Depending on the lab you're running, there are up to 3 4 darkshrines per map. They are hidden behind wall switches but you can see them on your mini-map (you'll see a small walled-off unexplored room on your map). If you search around the entrance to it, you'll find hidden switches that will open a door to let you in. The darkshrines have all sorts of effects such as:
* permanent shrine effects (replenishment, brutal, etc)
* Izaro drops extra keys
* Disable all traps in izaro's room. This is the one that you really want because it trivializes the izaro fight when you can just keep him on the opposite side of the room from you.

E: EFB

EE: This reminds me that I still need to run the Eternal Lab.

EEE: Here’s what a dark shrine entrance looks like. Most of them look like this but the ones that spawn outdoors look different (but still have a walled-off area and a hidden switch):

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 6, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also wtf is the point of running Arrogance support on Dread Banner if my final ascendency skill negates the reservation cost of DB? Shouldn't I swap it out with some other support?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Also wtf is the point of running Arrogance support on Dread Banner if my final ascendency skill negates the reservation cost of DB? Shouldn't I swap it out with some other support?
arrogance gives increased aura effect, so even though your Dread Banner costs nothing it's gaining 20% inc effect from the support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FZeroRacer posted:

arrogance gives increased aura effect, so even though your Dread Banner costs nothing it's gaining 20% inc effect from the support

Ah ok. Well it’ll be nice to have that health back at any rate.