Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rodyle posted:

Diego>Dio>DIO>DIEGO

Part 3 Dio is so much less hilarious than Part 1 DIo.

My favorite thing about DIO is how he's all stoic and reflective and poo poo, and you think "oh man, he's serious now", then he finally appears in the flesh and is immediately the same petty rear end in a top hat as in part 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like how everyone always assumes their Stand is invincible.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I would be super down for a JoJo game, but I'm not particularly good at... 'creative writing', so I'm not sure how well I would fare in a PbP type game.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

One of these days I'm gonna look into making a jojo game in trad games and round up some folks to play it. I already have a basis for what the general plot would be as well as an idea for how I'd run it, but the biggest issue aside from laziness would be figuring out how to run it without it just being pure RP because I want it to be a pen & paper game for reasons.

If I ever go through with it, I hope some of the people in here will join in and have some fun.

I would recommend FATE accelerated. It's much more about the role playing aspects than the fiddly mechanics, and the fast and loose rules would work great for stands.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
pretty sure only fatal would allow you to have extra balls

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres about 4 Jojos Bizzare RPGs on /r/StardustCrusaders. Heres one I plucked out of google at random: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit

Might be a cool starting point for making your own system

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://yonkouprod.com/jojolion-chapter-58-spoilers/

JoJolion 58 spoilers

poo poo is going to happen soooon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I would recommend FATE accelerated. It's much more about the role playing aspects than the fiddly mechanics, and the fast and loose rules would work great for stands.

I was mostly thinking of just running with Paranoia's system since I've DMed Paranoia before and it is the only thing I've managed to stick through and it has enough of a fast and loose barely-there ruleset that I feel I could use it to put people into situations where they'd have to make me believe their bullshit.

Of course, I'm the same dude who thinks a Jojo Warriors game would be fun and I guess that's not a popular opinion either so :shrug:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm so glad that I was sorta right about Caato instantly loving up Joshuu the moment she steps in the household

Get em, queen

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

JoJolion looks incredible this month aaaaaaa

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

JoJolion looks incredible every month aaaaaaa

ftfy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hope Kaato wins.

I hope she wins everything

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

She's already won my heart and I haven't even looked at spoilers!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

JoJolion 58 spoilers

I love how Joshuu gets his jaw pierced by a blunt chair leg and everyone just stands there staring at him like they're annoyed he's going to stain the floor with his blood.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Moltrey posted:

I'm so glad that I was sorta right about Caato instantly loving up Joshuu the moment she steps in the household

Get em, queen

Haato not even looking surprised is the best part.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whyy are youu talking like thiis

ooh god whaat is haapening too mee

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what the gently caress joshuu

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's trying to kill Joshu without it looking like she's trying to kill him. The string he points out is being manipulated by her. She's probably trying to kill them all barring Jobin without it looking like it.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

She's probably trying to kill them all barring Jobin without it looking like it.
Agreed. Also Joshu is a stupid piss baby but I've seen people comment that he's kind of perceptive? The only time I can think of, offhand, when he was on the ball was in Shakedown Road, but whatever: I guess it would be fitting for him to notice something's up first and get beaten up for it. It is definitely fitting for everyone to roll their eyes at him about it instead of assuming that he's onto something.

That being said I would prefer to think of it as Kato finally beating some sense into her spoiled rear end child.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

She's trying to kill Joshu without it looking like she's trying to kill him. The string he points out is being manipulated by her. She's probably trying to kill them all barring Jobin without it looking like it.
I agree and I love my prison mom

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

JoJolion 58 spoilers

Spoiler summary:

-Josuke walks out of Damokan Cleaning, having tracked down the stolen ID and figured out that one half of him is Josefumi Kujo and the Rokakaka with the power of equivalent exchange exists somewhere
-Josuke visits the hospital. He finds Holy has been moved to a different room and is now strapped to her bed because nobody's been paying her hospital bills since August.
-When the doctor asks Josuke if he's part of Holy's family, he says he's she's his mom.
-There's some missing pages here, but my best guess is Daiya and Joshu don't fully believe Caato is their mom, and also Caato trips over a chair at some point.
-Joshu tricks Caato into taking apart her own dress with Nut King Call, then demands that she let him suck on her huge tits (Joshu's words) to prove she's really his mom.
-Caato drops her deck and screams that she can't lose even a single card, then tells Joshu to pick them up.
-Norisuke realizes something and warns Joshu not to touch the cards or turn them over.
-A chair emerges from the cards and hits Joshu. Caato says there are so many chairs in the house that nobody noticed when she hid one between her cards.
-Caato then tells Joshu not to gently caress with her or she'll gently caress him up, and also she loves everyone in her family and never forgot about them while she was in prison, and also gently caress this poo poo she's going back to the hotel.
-Daiya sees Jobin and tells her that someone claiming to be their mom was in the house, and Jobin says he knows because he was the one who let her inside. Norisuke is suspicious of this. End chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Spoiler summary:

-Josuke walks out of Damokan Cleaning, having tracked down the stolen ID and figured out that one half of him is Josefumi Kujo and the Rokakaka with the power of equivalent exchange exists somewhere
-Josuke visits the hospital. He finds Holy has been moved to a different room and is now strapped to her bed because nobody's been paying her hospital bills since August.
-When the doctor asks Josuke if he's part of Holy's family, he says he's she's his mom.
-There's some missing pages here, but my best guess is Daiya and Joshu don't fully believe Caato is their mom, and also Caato trips over a chair at some point.
-Joshu tricks Caato into taking apart her own dress with Nut King Call, then demands that she let him suck on her huge tits (Joshu's words) to prove she's really his mom.
-Caato drops her deck and screams that she can't lose even a single card, then tells Joshu to pick them up.
-Norisuke realizes something and warns Joshu not to touch the cards or turn them over.
-A chair emerges from the cards and hits Joshu. Caato says there are so many chairs in the house that nobody noticed when she hid one between her cards.
-Caato then tells Joshu not to gently caress with her or she'll gently caress him up, and also she loves everyone in her family and never forgot about them while she was in prison, and also gently caress this poo poo she's going back to the hotel.
-Daiya sees Jobin and tells her that someone claiming to be their mom was in the house, and Jobin says he knows because he was the one who let her inside. Norisuke is suspicious of this. End chapter.

Joshu is the best of all

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Johnny Joestar posted:

even more applicable with translations

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Joshu what the gently caress. :stare:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
big lol and a smh at those saying joshuu is "good" and "the best" when he's actually very much the worst, but not in a rohan like way, and then paying no respect to the the ice cold prison mom who is here to murder her children or the good boy son whom she loves

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So are we calling Caato as the main villain? Her introduction immediately after the fruit gang get offed, her sudden prominence in the story and having a spatial manipulation Stand all point to her being a super big deal.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Can we all agree this entire family is the best

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
All the Higashikatas are the absolute best except for Tsurugi is pretty okay and Joshuu who I hope dies like yesterday

multijoe posted:

So are we calling Caato as the main villain? Her introduction immediately after the fruit gang get offed, her sudden prominence in the story and having a spatial manipulation Stand all point to her being a super big deal.
If she isn't, I am going to be so so crushed. JoJolion having a 52 year woman who is a mother to four children and spent fifteen years in prison be it's main antagonist would make it quite possibly the best JoJo part

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

All the Higashikatas are the absolute best except for Tsurugi is pretty okay and Joshuu who I hope dies like yesterday

If she isn't, I am going to be so so crushed. JoJolion having a 52 year woman who is a mother to four children and spent fifteen years in prison be it's main antagonist would make it quite possibly the best JoJo part

please don't be mean to my trash boy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

big lol and a smh at those saying joshuu is "good" and "the best" when he's actually very much the worst, but not in a rohan like way, and then paying no respect to the the ice cold prison mom who is here to murder her children or the good boy son whom she loves

hello i am moltrey and i don't like fun

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I know joshuu is the worst but I love him so much please don't anyone be rude to my garbage, shithead son

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that garbageboy stinkman belongs in the toilet

you know the phrase "a face only a mother could love"? that doesnt even apply to joshuu. his mom hates him and she sent a chair leg through the bottom of his jaw. joshuu is the worst

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 15, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

moltrey, when confronted with a fine rack: "gross, lame, i hate women"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

:yeah::agreed::same:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Joshuu is twice the lame, creepy fuckboi Annasui was, but he's poo poo on 10x harder by the manga and everyone around him, so I love to hate him. He's the best at being the worst and having zero redeeming character traits.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cool stand
great hair
good attitude
respects other people

what's not to like???

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I do appreciate that Araki also clowns on Joshuu a lot, but also like, just kill the boy. Put the nail in this coffin, man.

moltrey, when confronted with a fine rack: "gross, lame, i hate women"
Look, I'm not mad you have to attack me, I totally understand. Like what else are ya gonna do? Defend Joshuu? Pffft, no. An impossible task

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
joshu is a hero and the true jojo of part 8