Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Child of Light can do it, sure, but can the Sage of the Forest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0op6BASCOU
:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
https://imgur.com/a/Md0gC

I have finally max leveled myself!

To celebrate, I would like Billzasilver and Blockhouse to accept my friend request. The names the same.

Lord Tpasta fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 7, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Why do people keep posting pictures of their master profile screen? At least blank out your birthday.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why do people keep posting pictures of their master profile screen? At least blank out your birthday.

It's not really a problem if you've purchased Quartz since you can provide your CC/purchase info as proof.

And Tpasta shoots Quartz like heroin, so he can roll heroines

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 6, 2018

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Limit Breaking Purely Bloom is the way to go? That's better than putting one on all your main damage dealers?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

ZiegeDame posted:

Does this ever stop being a thing, or are events always going to be "use these exact servants" and poo poo on the idea of building an actual synergistic team?

It mostly stops being a thing in terms of 'need these servants to clear', especially after America since several very powerful and mostly accessible Servants drop to make team building really start working properly (specifically Rama and Billy are very very good for this, as are Cu Alter and eventually Nightingale). Like Baal said though, drops are a different story.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Limit Breaking Purely Bloom is the way to go? That's better than putting one on all your main damage dealers?

You're only ever going to use 1, and you won't have enough team points once you start putting on multiple Star of Artoria as the days go by.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I MLB'd it right away because I'm running an all Gold Saber team and I don't have the cost to run several 5* CEs at once.

You'll also want to be using Star of Altria later on because they work even on the back line and even if the Servant who has it equipped is defeated. It gives a flat +50% damage at the start of the battle that stays as a consistent buff the entire fight. So to fit as many of those as possible you'll probably only be using a Limit Broken Purely Bloom. When to limit break it depends on your team though.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Motto posted:

e: I'm fine with how the game has treated me so far, but it's entirely understandable why unlucky NAers or JPers with their bases mostly covered and mostly shooting for favs at this point would get annoyed, esp when we've run into an event that's very much mostly "have this specific handful of golds or heck off".

a slight misunderstanding: no gacha game is good. ever. always hate the gacha is the correct response. gamblification is a blight on gaming and the world will be a better place once it is finally legally found to be gambling. all I can say is ‘compared to all the other options for getting kicked in the assorted nether regions, at least this one wears fuzzy fox slippers’

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Don’t let your dreams be dreams!

No Extra outfit, 2/10

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

BlondRobin posted:

a slight misunderstanding: no gacha game is good. ever. always hate the gacha is the correct response. gamblification is a blight on gaming and the world will be a better place once it is finally legally found to be gambling. all I can say is ‘compared to all the other options for getting kicked in the assorted nether regions, at least this one wears fuzzy fox slippers’

On one hand I think you're generally right, on the other hand I think if all that happens it's more likely that NA Fate/GO would shut down its servers than change to fit any new rules or regulations. And that'd suck. Or maybe in a game like Hearthstone instead of buying packs for money you can just buy dust as a RNG-free microtransaction and the end result is about the same cost, but you can't get lucky and get what you want from the pack.

I don't think banning loot box type stuff necessarily means something better is gonna replace it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Dee Ehm posted:

On one hand I think you're generally right, on the other hand I think if all that happens it's more likely that NA Fate/GO would shut down its servers than change to fit any new rules or regulations. And that'd suck. Or maybe in a game like Hearthstone instead of buying packs for money you can just buy dust as a RNG-free microtransaction and the end result is about the same cost, but you can't get lucky and get what you want from the pack.

I don't think banning loot box type stuff necessarily means something better is gonna replace it.

It's a tricky thing because *in theory* microtransactions end up being a much better and fairer model for the consumer. Since the default assumption is that the game is paid for by a tiny percentage of whales, it allows everyone else to play for free, or for very little money compared to what the game would cost if the same amount of profit was split evenly across the playerbase. The problem is all the lovely and exploitative practices that come with the model and need to be wiped out.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I was thinking about how I would change fate/go to make the game better without destroying their cash cow as it currently flows and what I came up with was that all servants should be quartz and all CE should be friend points.

Of course ideally gacha is bad civilization and repeats would auto level np and otherwise would not drop once maxed.

You wouldn't need spirit origins if it was possible to be a servant collector.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 6, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a conundrum since I think there's a lot of value in F2P games existing as widely accessible entertainment, but that also comes with a monetization model without an upper bound and trying to make it more consumer friendly without outside pressure is just asking your boss if you can make less money.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

I was thinking about how I would change fate/go to make the game better without destroying their cash cow as it currently flows and what I came up with was that all servants should be quartz and all CE should be friend points.

Of course ideally gacha is bad civilization and repeats would auto level np and otherwise would not drop once maxed.

Something as simple as making banners have pity timers would go a really long way tbqh. It's not like it'd break the game if the guys who hoard 900 SQ to get their waifu can, like, 100% get her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Either a pity rate or changing their really lovely method of a pity breaker, which is like 10 copies of the same 5 star.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Tae posted:

Either a pity rate or changing their really lovely method of a pity breaker, which is like 10 copies of the same 5 star.

It can be a 5 star ce too, trust me I know.

Transient People posted:

Something as simple as making banners have pity timers would go a really long way tbqh. It's not like it'd break the game if the guys who hoard 900 SQ to get their waifu can, like, 100% get her.

You never compete against other players so it's pretty much purely to encourage whaling.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
MHX's interlude is my favorite in the game so far. :allears:

Was well worth wasting the AP on it to take a break from farming the event.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The special summon system is hilarious since it's aimed squarely at people who will never need it, besides that guy who special summoned NP5 nightengale

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Motto posted:

The special summon system is hilarious since it's aimed squarely at people who will never need it, besides that guy who special summoned NP5 nightengale

there's also this one person on reddit who's an omega whale and has like NP5 everyone besides NP4 Scathach, who uploaded a video recently of grabbing NP5 shishou from the shop

also in that same video revealed they had 104 of the blank graphs, which is just, good lord

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't think of any change that I'd want implemented that doesn't result in DW making less money. Like broadly speaking I think the 4* and 5* rates should be about doubled, and quartz cost about half as much. I think there also should be separate summons for CEs; maybe the two using different rates of using the currency? Whether FP or SQ.

The fact is they are highly profitable with the current model, and even in the worst case where a lot of people get fed up and quit they can always remain supported by the whales so there's little incentive to change it. At least it's no longer 4 SQ instead of 3 SQ per individual summon.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Just adding a small chance of 4* or 5* to the FP gacha so its worth any kind of goddamn would be nice

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They definitely need bad luck protection of some form. Even if the rates were the same and the bad luck breaker is 99% chance of a 4 star and 1% of a 5, it'd still be better than nothing.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Transient People posted:

It's a tricky thing because *in theory* microtransactions end up being a much better and fairer model for the consumer. Since the default assumption is that the game is paid for by a tiny percentage of whales, it allows everyone else to play for free, or for very little money compared to what the game would cost if the same amount of profit was split evenly across the playerbase. The problem is all the lovely and exploitative practices that come with the model and need to be wiped out.

The problem is those lovely and exploitative practices are the core of how these games monetize. Whales aren’t magic rich people creating jobs in the mobage industry by purchasing yachts- err, Nightingales. Rich people don’t play video games, the guy who voice acts like half the male cast and turns all his salary into gacha rolls notwithstanding. The whales are gambling addicts who are literally living lives of suffering, hurting themselves and those around them to sustain the game. Any f2p based on tons of free players being used as the product to sell the game to the whales is going to be exploitative and lovely.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There's a whole lot of people that cant afford this sort of thing but there are a whole lot of techbros and trust fund babbys with a whole lot of money and no 3d wife to spend it on.

Like if you go to the FFBE raid rankings that is happening right now you'll see people dumping thousands of dollars into refreshes just to be top 100 and either they are spoofing the currency to do it, are rich, or are mortgaging their house just to have their name on a list.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 6, 2018

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Even GBF, which got nailed before for Gacha bullshit has a better pity system than FGO.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PrinnySquadron posted:

Even GBF, which got nailed before for Gacha bullshit has a better pity system than FGO.

Eh, I'd say that's questionable. The sheer amount of rolls you have to do in an extremely short time frame to spark someone is really absurd. It's protection for the absolute top-end whales I guess but it does nothing for f2pers or dolphins with lovely luck.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 6, 2018

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tae posted:

You're only ever going to use 1, and you won't have enough team points once you start putting on multiple Star of Artoria as the days go by.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just stupid - why am I only ever going to use one? The bonus only applies to the servant it's on, doesn't it?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Eh, I'd say that's questionable. The sheer amount of rolls you have to do in an extremely short time frame to spark someone is really absurd. It's protection for the absolute top-end whales I guess but it does nothing for f2pers or dolphins with lovely luck.

But at least the system allows you to save for these situations. I know someone who saved up more than enough for a spark just to guarantee they could get a specific unit that was rumored to release much later.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Killed By Death posted:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just stupid - why am I only ever going to use one? The bonus only applies to the servant it's on, doesn't it?

Star of Artoria applies to every character.

Replacing two Purely Blooms with 2 Star of Artorias gives both characters the exact same attack boost as if they each had Purely Bloom, plus giving every other character an additional +100% attack, equivalent to each one having their own Purely Bloom.

My ideal if I don't get more Star of Artorias from drops would be 4 Stars on team, a Support with a fully LB'd Star, and then 1 MLB Purely Bloom, for 300% attack on all characters and 500% on the one with Bloom.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is there something on there that's incriminating? I don't think people knowing my birthday is going to lead to something bad happening.

As far as my rolls have gone, I haven't 'shoot Quartz like heroin' since the Thanksgiving banners from last year. Holiday shopping had pretty much robbed me of any money I could have thrown at the Gacha.

Case in point, I haven't actually rolled for this banner at all as I would like to (just once from using free Quartz and it was bare minimum garbage).

Lord Tpasta fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 7, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

But at least the system allows you to save for these situations. I know someone who saved up more than enough for a spark just to guarantee they could get a specific unit that was rumored to release much later.

On the other hand, the "how" of this is not doing a single draw over the course of about 6 months with variation depending on compensation and giveaways. It is not a good or realistic pity system for most players.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

anyone know how to clear the notification bubble on the app icon on IOS? It's been stuck on (1) after I got a sbaer wars notification a couple days ago.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

Star of Artoria applies to every character.

Replacing two Purely Blooms with 2 Star of Artorias gives both characters the exact same attack boost as if they each had Purely Bloom, plus giving every other character an additional +100% attack, equivalent to each one having their own Purely Bloom.

My ideal if I don't get more Star of Artorias from drops would be 4 Stars on team, a Support with a fully LB'd Star, and then 1 MLB Purely Bloom, for 300% attack on all characters and 500% on the one with Bloom.
But until I get there, running both of my Bloom CEs is fine, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's still a massive laundry list of stuff I'd change in the game, but I doubt they'd ever actually do any of it in a meaningful amount of time. The gacha is just absolutely awful and for a while in 2017 I forgot that because I was getting stuff and then the stuff I really wanted enough to save up for actually showed up and got nothing for it except 5* I didn't want nor will ever use.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

BlondRobin posted:

The whales are gambling addicts who are literally living lives of suffering, hurting themselves and those around them to sustain the game.

I'm somehow insulted that you seem to think that I'm living a life of suffering.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

El Burbo posted:

anyone know how to clear the notification bubble on the app icon on IOS? It's been stuck on (1) after I got a sbaer wars notification a couple days ago.

I can't confirm myself but apparently disabling the app's notifications in settings and reenabling them should get rid of it.

Failing that you could try just doing the first of those steps.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Killed By Death posted:

But until I get there, running both of my Bloom CEs is fine, right?

yes, run all the boosting you can get; if you can't get Stars then run blooms. Max Limit break a Bloom and then start transfering to Stars. I got a Bloom on a drop so when I got the last Bloom from points, I was able to max LB one Bloom and put the other on another unit, and then start cycling in Stars as I got them. When I get the last few I'll replace the lower Bloom with a Star, or if I get enough for a MLB I'll probably MLB it then put the spare Purely on someone, then keep using a support Star; a MLB Star, plus a buddy MLB Star is 200% attack, then 200% on my MLB Bloom, for 400%, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

On the other hand, the "how" of this is not doing a single draw over the course of about 6 months with variation depending on compensation and giveaways. It is not a good or realistic pity system for most players.

Yes, but GBF also offers things like the special pick ticket to let you pick the character you want, as opposed to FGOs 5* gacha which lets you spend money to maybe get you the character in the class you want, but probably not.