Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

They'll also be walking through tons of human poo poo but that's just SF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/atrak/status/89...eadid%3D3831692

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"What if I'm walking down the street, I see Martin Luther Coon--I shouldn't say that, Martin Luther King"

Like hold up dude no what you don't get to laugh that off like a brain fart

that's totally something he says regularly

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"i just think it's a shame you know, that they're so willing to throw away a huge part of - hold on a second *turns around and shouts the n-word through a megaphone at a passing minority* - our heritage."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Yinlock posted:

"i just think it's a shame you know, that they're so willing to throw away a huge part of - hold on a second *turns around and shouts the n-word through a megaphone at a passing minority* - our heritage."

It's impossible to tell if this person is racist in his heart. We'll just never know.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Orange Devil posted:

It's impossible to tell if this person is racist in his heart. We'll just never know.

eh racist in the mouth is good enough for me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

notch is the saddest millionaire

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
shook notch

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

he doesn't have a racist bone in his body

now his brain on the other hand

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
At some point can we go back to deconstructing the far right? I've been immersing myself in what passes for far right political theory and goddamn, is it loving retarded. They genuinely think that there's a disconnect between the State Dept., NGOs, and the DoD, and think that by purging the state department they can dismantle foreign entanglement. This poo poo is being tried, tested and proven as phenomenally stupid in real time, as generals with a seemingly personal grudge against Iran assume control of the white house.

http://www.socialmatter.net/2017/08/24/descending-the-tower-12-restoration/#comment-48669

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Aug 25, 2017

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Why is it all these idiots think that a collage of a few white men in the 20s with minor bruises and abrasions on their face is equivalent to the violence, and death white supremacists have caused in the last few years alone? How loving dumb do you have to be?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Why is it all these idiots think that a collage of a few white men in the 20s with minor bruises and abrasions on their face is equivalent to the violence, and death white supremacists have caused in the last few years alone? How loving dumb do you have to be?

Are you asking regarding liberals or ?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pretty hosed up when an SA mod who was ousted for being a pedo can dunk on you.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
he lost weight at least

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
so you know how that one protest group chanted "GEORGE SOROS WHERE'S OUR MONEY" & it was funny?

the chuds took it seriously, jesus christ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IovWPu2w44
250,000 views :psyduck:

they actually believe it posted:

i fukken love brain worm infested internet

crime weed has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Aug 25, 2017

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kjoery posted:

so you know how that one protest group chanted "GEORGE SOROS WHERE'S OUR MONEY" & it was funny?

it owns lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im honestly starting to feel bad for george soros. im mean he's insanely rich guy but he's also not the worst as far as insanely rich people and he's willing to critique the capitalist system.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Aug 25, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Anyone could have proven this just by going to 4chan. It's not like they keep their plans super secret.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

What the gently caress is up with all these nerds like Notch and Zuck who worked for like 4 months 8 years ago and now they can just poo poo up society because the system is broke rear end?

Montasque posted:

Anyone could have proven this just by going to 4chan. It's not like they keep their plans super secret.

Nah dahg, if the paycheck news reports finding facts by looking at the internet as anything other than hard-nosed journalism the jig is up.

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Aug 25, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

you expect normies to go on 4chan? it might as well be the darkweb as far as they're concerned.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Over Easy posted:

What the gently caress is up with all these nerds like Notch and Zuck who worked for like 4 months 8 years ago and now they can just poo poo up society because the system is broke rear end?

at least notch willfully removed himself from society. more wealthy idiots should choose the path of hermitage.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

steinrokkan posted:

at least notch willfully removed himself from society. more wealthy idiots should choose the path of hermitage.

He hasn't removed himself from society until he stops tweeting :colbert:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

InHerm

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Good thing we have Bellingcat around to run reverse image search.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Imagine you've bought into the paranoid style of political worldview, and you've shut yourself off from all mainstream news sources. Now your only window to the world is through the internet, and all the sites you visit on the net are Breitbart, Daily Caller, Drudge Report, Etc., Maybe you leave Fox News running 24/7 on the tv, but even that might be too normie for you.

You've got no critical thinking skills, no alternative sources of information to contrast with, and you actively seek out information solely for the purpose of reinforcing your paranoiac worldview. When you see one of these image macros, what are you gonna believe? All you've ever heard is that Antifa is a terrorist organization that wants to break your legs for voting Trump.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/901035917342892032

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Kjoery posted:

I want soros to die only because I wanna see how the conspiracy theorists react when all these leftists groups don't go away

my guess is they'll move on to zuckerberg

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malaysia doesn't have habeas corpus. Their constitution guarantees basically the same thing, but the laws on the books allow indefinite detention so long as they didn't make any procedural errors.

SpaceGoku posted:

I want soros to die only because I wanna see how the conspiracy theorists react when all these leftists groups don't go away

Soros is probably going to set up some kind of Trust to make sure Open Society Foundations is funded well after he's dead. So he will literally become a specter haunting their brains.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol a couple of geeks get punched and all of a sudden its APE LAW

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If there's an Antifa Malaysia they should loosen the screws on his gaming chair.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Malaysia doesn't have habeas corpus. Their constitution guarantees basically the same thing, but the laws on the books allow indefinite detention so long as they didn't make any procedural errors.

by this definition plenty of places in the US don't have habeas corpus either since the cops can just say you did something and throw you in jail for several years without any kind of trial

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the bitcoin of weed posted:

by this definition plenty of places in the US don't have habeas corpus either since the cops can just say you did something and throw you in jail for several years without any kind of trial

Yes.

The United States also suspends habeas corpus de facto for anybody detained at Gitmo, including American citizens. If you're arrested and accused of being a member of a foreign terrorist group you basically have no rights.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
antman is my favourite

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes.

The United States also suspends habeas corpus de facto for anybody detained at Gitmo, including American citizens. If you're arrested and accused of being a member of a foreign terrorist group you basically have no rights.

Gitmo, but also Chicago, NYC, etc.

SpaceGoku posted:

99.9% chance they'll say he faked his death

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kjoery posted:

chuds are incapable of understanding irony

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it'd be funny if some antifa really did get mad at george soros but, like the big lebowski, they go after the wrong george soros who is some middle aged stoner dude

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

quote:

Right-wing propaganda videos are usually pretty horrendous.

However once you sieve through all the homphobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia and general terribleness, you can on occassion stumble across some comedy gold.

ake for example the Take Back Our Future video recently posted to The New Guard Facebook page.

The bizarre video seems to satisfy every fascist’s desires – muscular men with swastika tattoos marching around, putting a stop to LGBT demonstrations, revealing every pro-immigration protester to be a minority in disguise, before finally demolishing a Mosque and hitting the gym.

One thing we’d also like to point out – this is without a doubt one of the most homoerotic animations ever made. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that, it just seems to be at odds with the organisation’s traditional conservative beliefs.

Watching this video begs the question – is it a joke or not?

The rest of The New Guard’s Facebook page seems pretty serious (you can read delightful posts on why banning hate speech is bad and a musing on ‘how to be a good fascist’… seriously), not to mention the relatively high production values, and the fact that a group called ‘CyberNazi’ apparently supplied the music for it.

The video has been watched more than 300,000 times already, and while we assume most of these views are from people laughing hysterically, it’s a shame to think that some folk will actually take the video seriously.

Who are The New Guard?

The New Guard was a movement founded in Sydney, Australia in 1931, espousing loyalty to the British Empire and conservative ideals. Its members quickly became inclined towards fascism and disbanded barely two years after the group’s inception.

The Facebook group that bears its name seems to follow a similar right-wing doctrine, but labels itself as ‘alt-right’.
Like we said, it’s unclear if the page is run by genuine fascists or just someone having a (slightly deranged) laugh.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/25/we-honestly-cant-tell-if-this-alt-right-take-back-our-future-video-is-a-joke-or-not-6878635/

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Welp, it's real, it's real and now it's viral.

Edit: It's like the Triumph of the Will of alt-right meme-dia. Average Joes and Josephines potentially thinking "The content is abhorrent but there really is something to that looping guitar line in that nazi-muzak and the animation sure is crisp and I didn't like that swastika but the they live reference got me to crack a smile"

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Aug 25, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well I'm glad at least I wasn't the only one who was confused.

Seriously, the alt-right nazis don't actually get boners over building churches and making people more Christian, do they? I was under the impression that the religion aspect was rather minor in those circles.

E: ^^ Fuckin hell though, I really wish that music weren't so catchy, I've had it stuck in my head against my will

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
it was necessary that the 80's came back to us this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean we already had Moonbeam City

Not like this

Not like this