Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

strap on revenge posted:

also lol at the suckers who could only get grey joycons and have had to convince themselves that grey is better

They had them side-by-side at Target, and I grabbed the grey

Checkmate, atheists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I bought the slick as gently caress looking grey switch so I don't look like I'm seven if I take it out and about, then I bought a set of neon joycons so I'm all set for 4 player Mario Kart :shrug:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
on a more serious note do we know how many people can play mk8d on the one switch? im going to visit friends on friday and need to know if i should get a pro controller so all 3 of us can play at the same time or just stick with the 2 joycons

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

strap on revenge posted:

on a more serious note do we know how many people can play mk8d on the one switch? im going to visit friends on friday and need to know if i should get a pro controller so all 3 of us can play at the same time

on one switch, 4.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

on one switch, 4.

on the other hand i dont have enough bag space to take my dock + power cable + converter so i doubt we will all be able to play on the handheld screen anyway

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

(i really don't want to spend $80 on a controller)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

So all four people can play on tabletop mode together? Because :lol: at people having to play 4-way split-screen on a 6" display

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

strap on revenge posted:

It's worth every penny

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is anyone bored enough to explain Wonder Boy to me? I watched a couple trailers and the art style is cute enough but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is.

Is it like that recent Shantae game that came out? Kinda close to impulse buying it but eh

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i'm gonna buy the piss joycons

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

deadwing posted:

i'm gonna buy the piss joycons

same

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is anyone bored enough to explain Wonder Boy to me? I watched a couple trailers and the art style is cute enough but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is.

Is it like that recent Shantae game that came out? Kinda close to impulse buying it but eh

It's a metroidvania

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's a remake of one of the Master System's best games. It's basically a Metroidvania.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hard mode is kind of a slog but once you get Mouse Man you're over the hump. You can get enough hearts to last a while and you can finally reach the potion store.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

it's almost PUYO PUYO TETRIS time, damnit

I am ready for puzzles

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Neon joycons: Game with Courage
Gray joycons: Game with Honour

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

acksplode posted:

Neon joycons: Game with Courage
Gray joycons: Game with Honour

Yellow joycons: Game with piss on your hands

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

if you are embarrassed to play with the neon joycons in public but not grey just remember you're already playing video games in public. you may as well be rad while you humiliate yourself

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dizz posted:

What's the release date on Disgaea 5 for NA? I still don't get why it's coming out so late.

I am pretty sure it's May 23rd. I live in Japan and bought the physical version and can confirm all the voice acting and writing are the same as the NA version of the PS4 release. There is an option for Japanese audio with English subtitles that might not have been in the NA release.

All of the DLC is is included and immediately unlockable if you want it.

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Disgaea but the combat is super refined and a ton of fun. I skip through most of the story since it's all nonsense anyway but it's a hell of a lot of fun to try to break the game with crazy builds.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 25, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

strap on revenge posted:

if you are embarrassed to play with the neon joycons in public but not grey just remember you're already playing video games in public. you may as well be rad while you humiliate yourself

Did the guy who got laid because he had a Switch on a plane have neon or gray joy cons?

Lol at the idea of being more ok at playing a Switch in public because the color of the joy cons.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Did the guy who got laid because he had a Switch on a plane have neon or gray joy cons?

im flying between australia and california twice in the next 10 days and will be playing my neon switch the whole time. ill report back

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm getting the Kart on a cart.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm getting the Kart on a cart.

I'm gonna put the cart for Kart in my cart at Target, then cart it home in my car...(t).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm gonna play my Switch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ya

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

how dare you

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm very excited to turn my Switch on again for MK8 this week!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

strap on revenge posted:

Then spend 70 on the pro controller!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's called the nintendo switch because you switch your brain off when u play it LOL

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

General Morden posted:

it's called the nintendo switch because you switch your brain off when u play it LOL

Fight me.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Uh huh. Yeah. Real funny

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Enjoyed Wonder Girl: The Dragon's Trap, the new art is gorgeous, but I always forget that there isn't a final area as the human form so it always feels really abrupt to me when it just ends after I beat the vampire dragon

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Norns posted:

Then spend 70 on the pro controller!

rrp is $100 here im not going to find one for less than 80

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like how eye catching neon joycons are, they look fun without compromising sleekness

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Box of Bunnies posted:

Enjoyed Wonder Girl: The Dragon's Trap, the new art is gorgeous, but I always forget that there isn't a final area as the human form so it always feels really abrupt to me when it just ends after I beat the vampire dragon

There's a human charm stones area now, in the door she goes through in the ending.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

get a load of this fucker

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

get a load of this fucker

There's nothing in the rulebook that says a dinosaur can't race!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NEWS ALERT

Switch is, like, really good.
Boy howdy, I love playing the Switch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted: