Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

can I get an exemption for dril

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

BMan posted:

no

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BMan posted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

BMan posted:

Sut....da fuk up

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

BMan posted:

look even he agrees
https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?lang=en

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

remember when the internet got big all the nerds using it in the 90s got rich. every single one of them

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sedge and Bee posted:

remember when the internet got big all the nerds using it in the 90s got rich. every single one of them

this is why i and everyone else who posted on fuckedcompany.com are all rich

also suck.com

god it is wonderful to be so drat rich with my Internet wealth

so many flooz and e-golds and beanz

also a kozmo.com tote bag

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

just remember you can't go judging bitcoin for another 10-15 years, all revolutionary technologies usually take a quarter century or more to really catch on

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i mean mr ford motorcar esq. tried to sell his automotive for 70 years before he got a single buyer

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Bitcoiners just like their tech young.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

vince vango died without selling a single one of the samples of his brilliant new invention: paint

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

vince vango died without selling a single one of the samples of his brilliant new invention: paint

:incorrect:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sorry, vinny vangoch

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

the british pronounce it van gock, rhymes with glock. sounds like they have something caught in their throats :gerard:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
uhhh I think you'll find it's vince van :goatsecx:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Weatherman posted:

uhhh I think you'll find it's vince van :goatsecx:

:wrong:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

suck it ...!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why are you quoting your empty quote of your own post :confused:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Weatherman posted:

suck it ...!

:wrogn:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

ztsmart [score hidden] 2 hours ago

Bitcion was not and is not in a bubble

...!
Oct 5, 2003

technically he's right, bitcion isnt a thing

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

...! posted:

ztsmart [score hidden] 2 hours ago

Bitcion was not and is not in a bubble

bitcoin has no physical presence and therefore cannot be encased in a soapy film, much like myself; furthermore

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Excuse me as the resident Dutch person I take offense to this butchering of Mr Van Gogh's good name.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

why are you quoting your empty quote of your own post :confused:

Postchain

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/gladstein/status/1079692494680535046

what's actually happening here is, the column is about how great Bitcoin is for Venezuela

archive link (it doesn't deserve a click and is dull even as dumb bitcoinery)

it's from the Human Rights Foundation, which is part of the right-wing grift circuit and was put together by the lawyer from the Federalist

so, if i did write something it would be "the wingnut welfare circuit tries bitcoin"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Excuse me as the resident Dutch person I take offense to this butchering of Mr Van Gogh's good name.

as the resident american i take offense to any non-american pronunciation of literally anything

it is "van go"

good day, sir and/or madam

*slams door*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

spankmeister posted:

There is literally not a single word the Dutch pronounce correctly. Especially not in Dutch. Especially if you're from Limburg.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

as the resident american i take offense to any non-american pronunciation of literally anything

it is "van go"

good day, sir and/or madam

*slams door*

*pumps :gas: into the closet ...! just entered*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

divabot posted:

https://twitter.com/gladstein/status/1079692494680535046

what's actually happening here is, the column is about how great Bitcoin is for Venezuela

archive link (it doesn't deserve a click and is dull even as dumb bitcoinery)

it's from the Human Rights Foundation, which is part of the right-wing grift circuit and was put together by the lawyer from the Federalist

so, if i did write something it would be "the wingnut welfare circuit tries bitcoin"

but why aren't you writing that?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Paladinus posted:

There is literally not a single word the Dutch pronounce correctly. Especially not in Dutch. Especially if you're from Limburg.

I was talking about the Dutch, not the reserve Germans.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Ghostlight posted:

but why aren't you writing that?

seriously yo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i think you will find that he did in fact write those words in that order

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 31, 2018

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Weatherman posted:

*pumps :gas: into the closet ...! just entered*

thanks for the nitrous oxide bithc

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
is dutch actually a language or an upper respiratory infection with a grammar

discuss

i unlike david “david gerard” gerard am not afraid to ask the big questions

edit to add: number go down

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

isnt it that language you can only speak properly if you first put a handful of mud in your mouth?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

According to respected online analyst ‘Filb Filb’, technical indicators (such as multi-year cycles) in relation to Bitcoin show that the currency will most likely bottom somewhere between $2,500 and $3,100 over the course of 2019. However, he then expects the market to swell within the next 500 odd days (during which he feels the price of Bitcoin will go beyond the $10,000 threshold). Last but not least, ‘Flib Flib’ also ascertains that once in the ‘green zone’ again, there will be no stopping Bitcoin— with the analyst claiming that as soon as the ‘effects of the halvening start to seep in’ the premier digital asset could eclipse a price point of $332,733.

Final Take
It is quite visible for everyone to see that whenever fiat markets struggle, Bitcoin and other similar cryptocoins start to surge. With that being said, there are still quite a few hurdles in the way of Bitcoin’s widespread adoption at the moment — with one of the primary issues being the currency’s scalability.

For example, as things stand, most crypto exchanges and trading platforms would likely buckle under pressure if “millions of users were to unload fiat onto them”. Not only that, if a mass exodus towards crypto were to happen within a short span of time, most digital currency networks would face a catastrophic amount of congestion— which would see transactions grind to a near-halt.

In closing, the future definitely seems bright for the crypto market as a whole but we still have to be realistic about the scalability of our existing digital currency networks.

https://twitter.com/filbfilb/status/1078316170493734918

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

they really love applying mathematical patterns to human behaviour

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'm the time reversal on the left end of the trend curve

...!
Oct 5, 2003

If we all gave $10 worth of Bitcoin Cash to three friends, then adoption could happen in as little as a few years. Also, the price might mature nicely.(self.btc)
submitted 20 hours ago by cryptacritic17 to /r/btc

I've already done my personal duty to one friend of mine. She didn't understand it at first, but giving her her very own Bitcoin Cash helped her become more interested. I really liked the experience. It made me feel good inside. Not only do I want to onboard two more people short-term, but I don't think I'd mind finding more friends just for the sheer experience of it.

It's spreading Bitcoin all over again. There is a great work ahead of us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/erikvoorhees/status/1079613966043607040

• Locked thread