Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

G-Dub posted:

OK maybe I'm missing something, but are they selling a scarf that says "shop" on it? Excuse my whatever-language-Bodega-is-ese.

http://www.bdgastore.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Holidaying in Florida. I think European soccer shirts have become compulsory. I saw 3 people (seperate) in Grimsby Town shirts in one day.

Grimsby Town.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 24, 2009

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Funso Banjo posted:

Holidaying in Florida. I think European soccer shirts have become compulsory. I saw 3 people (seperate) in Grimsby Town shirts in one day.

Grimsby Town.
Did you do it in Orlando because if so it doesn't count since British people loving love Orlando. So most of those were probably Brits visiting the states.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
In Key West a couple of years back I saw a guy in a Real Madrid shirt and another in an AC Milan one. Both were English.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Wore a Hull City shirt to the Camp Nou and got enthusiastically shouted at by a man and woman passing by on bikes with Hull accents saying "We're 'ull city fans too!"

That was weird.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

real_scud posted:

Did you do it in Orlando because if so it doesn't count since British people loving love Orlando. So most of those were probably Brits visiting the states.

90% of English people who have ever been to America went to Florida and Florida only. The other 10% went to New York.

When I went to the US last year whenever anyone at work asked where I went on my holiday and I said "America" pretty much all of them went "oh, Florida?". Most English people have no concept of going anywhere on holiday that isn't a beach or a theme park. Florida has both!

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
I went to San Francisco :colbert:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If I was going to America I think Florida would be the last place I'd go. I'd like to go to San Francisco and the rest of California.

Edit: Oh gently caress.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Well yeah I went to California, Oregon and Washington, I was on about the great unwashed rather than us classy Ray Parlour types.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Grez posted:

90% of English people who have ever been to America went to Florida and Florida only. The other 10% went to New York.

When I went to the US last year whenever anyone at work asked where I went on my holiday and I said "America" pretty much all of them went "oh, Florida?". Most English people have no concept of going anywhere on holiday that isn't a beach or a theme park. Florida has both!
I know, and while sometimes it's interesting because of the jerseys you see on people, I don't get it. I mean yeah we have Disney here, and there are beaches, both of which are hard to come by in England, but if I was a Brit I'd want to say visit the Rockies, or the Grand Canyon, any place that has geography that you'll never ever see in Britain in a million years.

Then again I prefer to spend my vacations in a cold and damp country getting piss drunk and screaming with some 60k other people.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

real_scud posted:

I live in Orlando and work at a miniature golf course about fifteen minutes up the road from Disney. About 2/3 of our customers are English, and quite a few of them do wear jerseys out and about. Also an unholy number of them are from Birmingham, and down to the last man, every single one of those have been West Brom fans. I haven't met another Aston Villa supporter the whole time I've been working there.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I live in Orlando and work at a miniature golf course about fifteen minutes up the road from Disney. About 2/3 of our customers are English, and quite a few of them do wear jerseys out and about. Also an unholy number of them are from Birmingham, and down to the last man, every single one of those have been West Brom fans. I haven't met another Aston Villa supporter the whole time I've been working there.

Your job sounds awesome.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Sounds like you live near me, now let me come play putt-putt for free damnit!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Been to Florida :(

I was about 12 though so it wasn't really my choice. Bough the marshal mather lp and some jnco jeans while I was there. Whoppa.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I've been to Florida and really enjoyed it :colbert:.

Having said that also been to the Rockies skiing a couple of times so I guess I have seen other bits of the country too.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

real_scud posted:

Sounds like you live near me, now let me come play putt-putt for free damnit!

Only if, in the spirit of this thread, you come wearing a jersey.

And yeah, it is a pretty rad job.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Only if, in the spirit of this thread, you come wearing a jersey.

And yeah, it is a pretty rad job.
If it's a gameday then yes, I'm wearing a jersey, so I will come on Wednesday evening!

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Craiglen posted:

Wore a Hull City shirt to the Camp Nou and got enthusiastically shouted at by a man and woman passing by on bikes with Hull accents saying "We're 'ull city fans too!"

That was weird.
I was visiting a friend in Skye a few years ago, and was walking along the main street of Broadford (population 620 or so) wearing a Green Bay Packers jersey. A car slows down as it passes us, and an American voice bellows out the window "Go Cheeseheads!"

That was a very bizarre week in general.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Grez posted:

Some go to Las Vegas. But only when Ricky Hatton fights.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Grez posted:

Well yeah I went to California, Oregon and Washington, I was on about the great unwashed rather than us classy Ray Parlour types.

I'd say classy but other than Florida I've been to Colorado, Georgia and both Carolinas :)

Actually I really liked North Carolina, we were around Hendersonville if anyone knows it.

quote:

I know, and while sometimes it's interesting because of the jerseys you see on people, I don't get it. I mean yeah we have Disney here, and there are beaches, both of which are hard to come by in England, but if I was a Brit I'd want to say visit the Rockies, or the Grand Canyon, any place that has geography that you'll never ever see in Britain in a million years.

Exactly, I was in Denver on business but I had a weekend and I went to see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/sets/72157621742230441/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/sets/72157621866654528/
Garden of the gods and the pikes peak area. We don't have poo poo like that.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 25, 2009

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
why has a Football Kit thread suddenly turned into holiday discussion? haha

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Oh god I might own all 3 this season :geno:.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
That is pretty awesome.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The letters are starting to come off my USMNT jersey. Anything I can do about it?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Be relieved?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
stick the M back on upside down and pretend you are a big supporter of women's football

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

The letters are starting to come off my USMNT jersey. Anything I can do about it?

That's what you get for putting it in the dryer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

You could try running an iron over it while inside out/with a barrier of some sort and see if you can get the glue to re-adhere. Don't put them in the dryer anymore either.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Shrapnac posted:

You could try running an iron over it while inside out/with a barrier of some sort and see if you can get the glue to re-adhere. Don't put them in the dryer anymore either.

And when you wash them, on gentle cycle, turn them inside out.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I've always washed it inside out and line dried it. Should probably have washed it on gentle though.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Oh god I might own all 3 this season :geno:.

City have to be the only club on the loving planet with "purely decorative" stars above their crest. Seriously, just drop them and then stick them there when you win a few Champions League titles, they're probably all going to come in the next decade anyway. Possibly.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Since this has turned into shirt care discussion, I have a question myself. I have an authentic Adidas Formotion shirt that I took with me on a trip recently. When I unpacked, it ended up with fine wrinkles all over it. I threw it in the wash (cold water) and hung it to dry, but those wrinkles were still there when it dried. I repeated this process twice to no avail. I've tried tricks I've read, such as hanging it in the bathroom while showering, hanging it to dry upside down, etc., and none work. I'm not very good with an iron and don't want to ruin the shirt. Have any of you had this problem before?

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

Hoover Dam posted:

And when you wash them, on gentle cycle, turn them inside out.

I do all of these things (except the gentle wash). Usually I seperate my jerseys by colours and whites, but recently I bought a yellow Vancouver 86'ers away kit, and I am now confused. Should I wash it with my whites and risk dye leak or wash it with my colours (mostly black and blue, sometimes red) and risk dye fade?

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I see lots of European shirts around my campus (Chicago area). Can somebody explain to me the point of wearing a really cheap and poorly made bootleg national jersey?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Soundboz posted:

I see lots of European shirts around my campus (Chicago area). Can somebody explain to me the point of wearing a really cheap and poorly made bootleg national jersey?

availability maybe? when I was in pittsburgh, there were a bunch of street vendors selling really fake looking jerseys for $15 or so, and i'll be damned if I know what store has the real ones.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

availability maybe? when I was in pittsburgh, there were a bunch of street vendors selling really fake looking jerseys for $15 or so, and i'll be damned if I know what store has the real ones.
See, it made more sense when I would see fakes in Dallas because we only had one or two really good places for soccer equipment and it was a lot easier to find bootlegs in the Mexican stores, but Chicago has Nike, Adidas, and Puma flagships all within about a mile of each other that sell tons of legit jerseys, national and club. People just being tightwads I guess (or can't tell the difference).

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Not everyone has $60-$90 to spend on a shirt.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

dakpowers posted:

Not everyone has $60-$90 to spend on a shirt.
Let's just ignore the 20k+ they have available to drop on private education tuition yearly. If this wasn't on a college campus that might make more sense.

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

Soundboz posted:

Let's just ignore the 20k+ they have available to drop on private education tuition yearly. If this wasn't on a college campus that might make more sense.

if they had to pay that much tuition, do you think that kind of explains why they might be broke? Something tells me there might be a reason you call people at colleges and universities "starving students"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Soundboz posted:

Yeah really, all the college kids I know are swimming in money :rolleyes: