Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
For Monday, I was thinking of using a tanked-out Jin in Lance's slot. Obviously, she won't live for the whole fight, but she should add a pretty substantial amount if she can last a few rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

For Monday, I was thinking of using a tanked-out Jin in Lance's slot. Obviously, she won't live for the whole fight, but she should add a pretty substantial amount if she can last a few rounds.

You can use whatever you want as long as Lilid dies by turn 2. Using Lance on that tile just means that after turn 2, the boss will guarantee his back facing towards both Lees due to taunt from Lance. If the boss isn't staring towards the left, the center Lee will move himself closer to the boss and screws up the entire run.

edit:
http://cafe.naver.com/nexonsfw/252779

Korean patch notes are up.

It looks like it's definitely one hero only which is the dragon. No artificial angel hero.

980 genes to unlock and the shop also have a 4* S rank set for her. There's also going to be a package sold that will give 1000 genes, a SS rank set, a costume, and some coocoos.

Rainbow capsules are also in.

edit2: From what I can understand of it, rainbow capsule is loving nothing.

Looks like the capsule price reduction is now a permanent thing and you'll always get at least 1 set piece with 10x pulls. They also added platinum equipment into the pool. How good are the new chances to pull a set item, I don't know.

edit3: Also new 5* A rank set added to the Medal Shop.

Support Heroes only. 2pc gives 900 Defense and 3pc reduces mana costs by 50% for the first 3 turns.

Seems good.

edit4: THE DRAGON IS A PAPER SUPPORT HERO?!

Somefool fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 17, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
I'm hearing the package costs 2500 crystals, rather than straight cash?

Paper support is interesting. Her second appears to have Jenny's 3rd skill hit box.

e: If they use the Japanese system, rainbow capsules can only pull set weapons; two set weapons combine to make another piece of the set.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 17, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
Rainbow capsule system info is up:

http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/11329-Revealing-the-mysterious-Rainbow-Coocoo

It doesn't have the Japanese weapon-only thing. Apart from that, it seems a slight improvement over black coocoos.

e: The platinum items thing is actually rather nice. I generally extract all but the most useful non-set items I get from coocoos to get more platinum items because they can be transcended. Also, in some cases the bonus can be a huge deal.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 17, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm hearing the package costs 2500 crystals, rather than straight cash?

Paper support is interesting. Her second appears to have Jenny's 3rd skill hit box.

e: If they use the Japanese system, rainbow capsules can only pull set weapons; two set weapons combine to make another piece of the set.

Yes, the package cost 2500 crystals. You have 3 weeks to save up that much.

The package is definitely worth it because the SS rank set is like an extended Beast Rain. 2 pc gives 5% HP regen per turn and 3pc gives 30% attack for the first 4 turns and 10% damage reduction for the first 3 turns.

I would also hold onto as much gold as possible because there's going to be a gold shop which includes 1-3* capsules being sold for gold only.

edit: 2500 crystals is more or less equivalent to $75 so that's nice of them for putting it up as crystals. If only they did the same to Seira and the other hero packages.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 17, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
They've mentioned in the past that the rewards for the tower defense mode they're adding will be mostly gold. So there's also that.

That set definitely seems worth it; Celestial can't help but be crazy if she gets to wear that beast. I mean, an SS set for 2500 gems is a great deal in the first place because you just normally don't get a 100% chance at a full SS set.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
So I don't know why I've spent all this time trying to make alternate floor 90 strategies without Nirvana work when Shu-Shu can also increase movement by 2. The strategy may need a little adjusting because of her needing a straight line, though.

I'd appreciate a Persona merc or two, whenever people have a chance to switch.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

As a side note for Lee guild raid days: Thanks to a lucky alchemy pull, my Lee now has complete Legacy of the High Humans, for +7k damage per attack, ignoring defense. Be sure not to waste him.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

As a side note for Lee guild raid days: Thanks to a lucky alchemy pull, my Lee now has complete Legacy of the High Humans, for +7k damage per attack, ignoring defense. Be sure not to waste him.

Craaazy. The best set for him.

I wonder if the new hero will open up some new strategies.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Trying this out. If Mersenne hit up your friends list, that's me.

Two quick questions:

1) Is there a third tier goon guild, are any other goon scrubs in an open guild, or should I just join up with whatever for now?

2) Are friendship points used for anything besides the item draw? Not sure if I should be saving them up or using them to get 3/4⭐️ equipment for now.

Edit: also, at what point will I be able to easily auto Jack's stage for genes? The AI focus fires the center while the dudes on the outside keep Jack healed and pick off my damage dealers.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 17, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PFlats posted:

Trying this out. If Mersenne hit up your friends list, that's me.

Two quick questions:

1) Is there a third tier goon guild, are any other goon scrubs in an open guild, or should I just join up with whatever for now?

2) Are friendship points used for anything besides the item draw? Not sure if I should be saving them up or using them to get 3/4⭐️ equipment for now.

Edit: also, at what point will I be able to easily auto Jack's stage for genes? The AI focus fires the center while the dudes on the outside keep Jack healed and pick off my damage dealers.

Auto can be strongly dependent on hero choice and order. If you have Mu, max her passive, and spend some mod pots on her gear (make sure to get a bit of regen in there), there's a strong chance she'll make the level autoable. Beyond that, try mixing your order up and see how it changes things. Remember that you can never get less than the highest rank you've achieved, so once you SS the stage, even if only a single character survives, you'll get SS.

Friend points are used for that one and only thing. Blow them at every opportunity for 10x draws on the highest level you have available. The equipment you get from them is almost always going to be worthless trash, you'll very rarely get a green armor or weapon.

There may be a spot opening soon in SwdOfLowtax, I noticed we only got 17 people checking in yesterday.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Sorry I hadn't been checking the thread, I'll switch my merc to Lee and get my lee more up to par since I've been slowly bringing him along.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
Translated patch notes:

Jesus Christ that passive.

e:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Depending on what the range of that passive turns out to be.... whooo boy! Automatic debuff removal at the start of every turn? PLUS healing? Sign me up! Is Belle even worth it anymore?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Praise rngesus. I got Defender of the Earth as my free 4* SS set.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Praise rngesus! I got PATHFINDER for my free 4* SS set! That's going on Krut right away!

kontona
May 3, 2003

Secx posted:

Praise rngesus. I got Defender of the Earth as my free 4* SS set.

got this as well. assume this would be great on valkyrie or belle?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got........

........Ghost Step. I'm pretty sure this is Nexon going "Do it. Be the guy with a crazy Sonic Boom."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Iunnrais posted:

Praise rngesus! I got PATHFINDER for my free 4* SS set! That's going on Krut right away!

RNGesus is real, and strong, and powerful.

There really aren't any 4* SS sets that aren't kickass though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Library in the Sky uses gold for its rewards.

I'm pretty sure Nexon is determined to keep everyone below 1 million gold at all times.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Neurolimal posted:

Library in the Sky uses gold for its rewards.

I'm pretty sure Nexon is determined to keep everyone below 1 million gold at all times.

And something called a "Blue Gemstone"? What on earth is this thing?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got Devil Knight as my 4* SS set :3:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got Devil Knight as my 4* SS set :3:

Niiiiice.

Got Forgotten Hitter :toot:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Got the tower of dawn guardian off the free set. Also the second map for Library in the Sky literally broke for me, forcing me to quit at stage 1.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Got the tower of dawn guardian off the free set. Also the second map for Library in the Sky literally broke for me, forcing me to quit at stage 1.

Weird, the first map did that for me. I just figure I'll get it tomorrow. The second map worked for me, but man... it just goes on forever. I probably could have kept going, but after 30 levels, I got sick of it and hit auto, and then the AI let me die in level 41. Next time, I should probably auto up TO level 30, and take over after that if I notice.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I put it on auto and it decided that muzaka doesn't have a turn and monsters never spawned. 25 turns in before I noticed nothing was happening (watching Dark Matter at the time) and then proceeded to scour the map for enemies and none showed up at any of the spawn points.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
My game crashed during the story sequence, and when I started the battle the minions didn't spawn for me either.

I did a bunch of those "random item" pulls for 50k. Got some junk, but also ~6 diamonds, several ~600 soulstones, ~4 pgenes, and ~4 of the new Blue Gems.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
So I got the Celestial package and one of the rebirth ticket things. I had a bunch of paper Devil Souls already, and it's paper coocoo day. So she's Rank 4, level 30ish now.

Basically she's a "support unit" because she casts an awesome support spell and then goes off to be some sort of AOE goddess. Think "Kali" here. Granted, I don't think I've seen her attacks once her set bonus turns off.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I really hope to god the island crap doesn't reset daily because there is no way I'm sitting down for 4 hours just to clear 200 stages every day.

It took me 1.5 hours just to get to stage 80 and this is with me clearing out every stage besides the boss ones in 1 turn. This is way too time consuming and somehow even worse than guild raid in terms of reward. I'm just wondering how long it would even take to farm 900 blue gems to buy her entire set from the shop.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
Well you get the gems from those item caps as well. I kind of think the meta here will pan out to how far you can auto-farm with some broken, very specific teams.

e: Basically, if you can clear to 50, the reward per day is 450k gold a day. 350k if you can only do 20-30. I'd resist the urge to buy the packages yet and just pump this into your gear.

Past 50, you have to get to 100 for even another 100k gold payout. That won't be worth it until you're autoing. Even then, it sounds like it just plain takes too long.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 18, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm less worried about the gold and more worried about the blue gems. You get 1 blue gem for completing the 1st dungeon which is 20 stages. Simple enough to auto.

The 2nd dungeon, you get 4 blue gems clearing stage 30 then 25 for clearing stage 200. If you clear everything fully, that's only 30 blue gems total.

The set pieces cost 300 gems each, so 900 gems for the full set. If the dungeons reset daily and you somehow manage to clear all 220 stages per day, that's 30 gems total. 10 days per set piece doesn't sound too bad. However, most people probably won't waste several hours grinding out the same 200+ stages per day. If you aim for the 4 gem reward only, that's only 5 gems per day. 60 days per set piece is loving horrible. If these dungeons don't reset daily, that's even worse.

The only good thing about this so far is that 1 blue gem = 10 Celestial genes which means 50 genes per day if you only go for 5 blue gems. I think that's probably the highest daily gene rate if you don't count 2x gene days but that only happens once per week for every story hero.

edit: 50 genes per day actually seems a bit too high. I wish it was reset time so I can finally figure out if these dungeons are daily or not.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
The 50k capsule spit out at least one decent blue gem reward for me from ten pulls as well. I think it was 4, but I'll have to check. I should have it plus the one from the first dungeon (second one bugged out on me).

e: looks it like was all of two. But I guess that's something.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 18, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
So this may be an exploit, or it may just make things a lot easier:

quote:

[–]Narelth 2 points 5 hours ago*

~EXPLOIT ALERT SKIP TO EXPLOIT OVER IF YOU WISH TO IGNORE~

Since no one else is posting this, people either haven't noticed or are trying to keep it secret. So... here's a fairly big exploit that I've already found in Island already.

~EXPLOIT SPOILERS~ If you have used Grace and/or High Morale and you complete the wave BEFORE 2 turns are finished, it will refresh its timer. I had both up for almost 30 waves straight.

I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but it makes 66% defense builds completely over powered since you take 0 damage from suicide bombers since it deals basic damage and not direct hp% damage.

Also, if you have both Grace and Morale up at the same time and start a new wave, Grace will last 4 turns instead of just 2.

~EXPLOIT EXPLANATION OVER~

Also, I've noticed that the magician/reaper enemies that you need to 'seal' their HP buff DOESN'T remove the HP so they will still have their 300%, 400%, 500% or whatever HP from the buff. They end up just becoming 900k/250k for example instead of 900k/900k.

Also, I am EXTREMELY pissed off and upset that Nexon didn't give out a large announcement in game that there was a Survey for SS Equip capsules except for if you checked Notices or were following the Facebook page.

90% of the members from my guild didn't even KNOW there was an event and most of us are all level 70+ players who play a lot daily. So the fact we missed out on these rewards was extremely upsetting.

Anyways, happy gaming everyone,

YukiShudo

~Edit~ Apparently now that I look there's also a few notices about 4*SS event also on Reddit... But no large announcements in game. Only really noticeable if you were following Reddit or FB closely. Unless I'm completely stupid along with 90% of my guild and didn't notice a huge screen that warned us about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4y9xwf/no_mans_library_in_the_sky_discussion_and/d6m9hx6?st=is078ngh&sh=81ecf8b6

Also I get the idea that being able to auto/clear all this poo poo has something to do with Celestial being the lovechild of Rai, Muz, and Belle.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Wow, this new content is really bad! Also, the gold/exp event ended, so much for having any gold!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

MooselanderII posted:

Wow, this new content is really bad! Also, the gold/exp event ended, so much for having any gold!

If you can hit stage 20 in Library, you'll be adding 350k to your daily gold income.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
cleaned up a few spots in overflowtax , if you apply put SA or goon in your lord comment . also needing a persona merc in overflow tax if anyone has one if not ima try to get on discord tomorrow to get 65 ToD done.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hodgepodge posted:

So this may be an exploit, or it may just make things a lot easier:
Yeah, clearing the map resets everything and doesn't apply the usual end-of-turn stuff. As a result, my 5th hero had like 20 mana for like 6 waves straight before I finally hopped on some potions for her.

Either way, the 200 battle thing is decidedly unfun, as is finding out the hard way on round 30 how much range and how many hits dragon girl has. :stonk:

NinjaDebugger posted:

Auto can be strongly dependent on hero choice and order. If you have Mu, max her passive, and spend some mod pots on her gear (make sure to get a bit of regen in there), there's a strong chance she'll make the level autoable. Beyond that, try mixing your order up and see how it changes things. Remember that you can never get less than the highest rank you've achieved, so once you SS the stage, even if only a single character survives, you'll get SS.
The hero order thing makes sense, thanks. And yeah, I've been taking advantage of the SS thing by scumming hell maps with some goon mercs and then using much dirtier clears for the subsequent genes. Doing pretty well for 3 days in.

Time-Police posted:

cleaned up a few spots in overflowtax , if you apply put SA or goon in your lord comment . also needing a persona merc in overflow tax if anyone has one if not ima try to get on discord tomorrow to get 65 ToD done.

I'll apply with my scrubby self and won't be heartbroken if I'm rejected.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If a goon guild has a space and they reject you then they are no true goon guild my friend.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Time-Police posted:

also needing a persona merc in overflow tax if anyone has one if not ima try to get on discord tomorrow to get 65 ToD done.

Do you have Lilly and/or Lilid? I did TOD 65 with both of them at 3*. If you only have one of them I can put up the other for you as my merc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The new content is fun if you just treat it as a normal last stand/horde mode instead of "must 100% to maximize reward efficiency!". At the very least its a quick and dizable chunk of gold per day with just 30 levels in stage two cleared.

• Locked thread