Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

uncurable mlady posted:

also c++ dude it sounds like you are interested in academic programming? we actually have people that do that

:want to know more intensifies:
I was looking at the academic section here, and felt suspiciously like an undergrad. I'm very glad about finding my way into this dead gay comedy forum that I joined for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Solvent posted:

:want to know more intensifies:
I was looking at the academic section here, and felt suspiciously like an undergrad. I'm very glad about finding my way into this dead gay comedy forum that I joined for a game.

lurk the terrible programmer thread in the 'pos for a while

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548182&perpage=40&pagenumber=966

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Karl Barks posted:

people who say javascript is bad are always fart huffing back end developers
It's the only programming I barely know through years of games using js syntax base and through old geocities/angelfire pages.

ASM.JS is cool for making more efficient JS while not even needing to code in JS and I really hope WebASM gets some good implementation (doesn't replace JS, but does a lot of stuff JS would do slower, plus lower level access)
Node.js and Node-Red are super neat too.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

ThndrShk2k posted:

It's the only programming I barely know through years of games using js syntax base and through old geocities/angelfire pages.

ASM.JS is cool for making more efficient JS while not even needing to code in JS and I really hope WebASM gets some good implementation (doesn't replace JS, but does a lot of stuff JS would do slower, plus lower level access)
Node.js and Node-Red are super neat too.

You can only pick one programming language and use that in your project. also pretty funny that you think node.js is neat, its actually pretty poo poo

apple should come out with a programming language that people can use to program their apples

Feral Integral has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Aug 23, 2016

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

r

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

new programmer likes simple easy to use framework, veteran programmer tells him he's a stupid piece of poo poo for using it, the cycle continues~~~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my website is broken :cry:

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Main_Page

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

:rip:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Cool website Baloogan. Want to bring it to the White House?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I made a webpage once, at the height of the geocites build-a-webpage fad.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
websites loving suck
yes all of them
every website is poorly written
irl i modified mediawiki php code but i don't remember wher and like everything is broken i should just tell people the website is over closed go home

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

websites loving suck
yes all of them
irl i modified mediawiki php code but i don't remember wher and like everything is broken i should just tell people the website is over closed go home

I think this website is pretty good I've been using it for 12 years.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Baloogan posted:

websites loving suck
yes all of them

oh no

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol im gonna fix it
its actually working 99%, just all the extensions are disabled
so i goota go upgrade em all one by one
apparely php4 isn't like cool any more

plus theres gonna be some leet rear end new infos in the database (which imply new features) that will blow ur mind (or at the very least excite u a little bit) but im not drunk enough to violate my nda

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Out of all websites I've ever used, forums.somethingawful.com is the one I've used the most in my life.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gmail i think for me

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

gmail i think for me

I would have said hotmail but I got locked out of my account a few years ago and haven't actually gotten around to unlocking it. I think I made my hotmail address when I was like 14.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

lol im gonna fix it
its actually working 99%, just all the extensions are disabled
so i goota go upgrade em all one by one
apparely php4 isn't like cool any more

plus theres gonna be some leet rear end new infos in the database (which imply new features) that will blow ur mind (or at the very least excite u a little bit) but im not drunk enough to violate my nda

Your website is pretty loving dope

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ty :3:

its very hard for me to see it as anytthing good but this reminds me of the buddist story

quote:

"Being a monk, I had patience and as much time as I needed. I made sure every single brick was perfect, no matter how long it took. Eventually, I completed my first brick wall and stood back to admire it. It was only then that I noticed— oh no! — I'd missed two bricks. All the other bricks were nicely in line, but these two were inclined at an angle. They looked terrible. They spoiled the whole wall. They ruined it.

"By then, the cement mortar was too hard for the bricks to be taken out, so I asked the abbot if I could knock the wall down and start over again — or, even better, perhaps blow it up. I'd made a mess of it and I was very embarrassed. The abbot said no, the wall had to stay.

"When I showed our first visitors around our fledgling monastery, I always tried to avoid taking them past my brick wall. I hated anyone seeing it. Then one day, some three or four months after I finished it, I was walking with a visitor and he saw the wall.

" 'That's a nice wall,' he casually remarked.

" 'Sir,' I replied in surprise, 'have you left your glasses in your car? Are you visually impaired? Can't you see those two bad bricks which spoil the whole wall?'

"What he said next changed my whole view of that wall, of myself, and of many other aspects of life. He said, "Yes. I can see those two bad bricks. But I can see the 998 good bricks as well.'

"I was stunned. For the first time in over three months, I could see other bricks in that wall apart from the two mistakes. Above, below, to the left and to the right of the bad bricks were good bricks, perfect bricks. Moreover, the perfect bricks were many, many more than the two bad bricks. Before, my eyes would focus exclusively on my two mistakes; I was blind to everything else. That was why I couldn't bear looking at that wall, or having others see it. That was why I wanted to destroy it. Now that I could see the good bricks, the wall didn't look so bad after all. It was, as the visitor had said, 'a nice brick wall.' It's still there now, twenty years later, but I've forgotten exactly where those bad bricks are. I literally cannot see those mistakes any more.

"How many people end a relationship or get divorced because all they can see in their partner are 'two bad bricks'? How many of us become depressed or even contemplate suicide, because all we can see in ourselves are 'two bad bricks.' In truth, there are many, many more good bricks, perfect bricks — above, below, to the left and to the right of the faults — but at times we just can't see them. Instead, every time we look our eyes focus exclusively on the mistakes. The mistakes are all we see, they're all we think are there and so we want to destroy them. And sometimes, sadly, we do destroy a 'very nice wall.'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also just wanna say mods / iks etc please probate me when u think its probatable im still posting like always and ivd gona for way too long without a probation

power dont change me ever im just too good for dat

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
srs u loving cuskc im been drunk like literally a weak without a probation

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the only peeps im gonna probtate atrer the sarus vile and maybe hisroical eplxainter seriously fukc you ducks need to have cspam standards

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

last time an ik probated an ik they got de-iked i think??? or maybe just probated. so you're trapped baloogan. unless you probate another ik

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
now you're trapped on the wheel of posting samsara with the rest of us

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

the only peeps im gonna probtate atrer the sarus vile and maybe hisroical eplxainter seriously fukc you ducks need to have cspam standards

lol ok lump me in with those actual mental cases

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
drat
well i dunno the rules of IK etc but gently caress im drunk and very probatable

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Homework Explainer posted:

lol ok lump me in with those actual mental cases

ur a fuking occommunist in 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i dont give a gently caress ab out the unwritten rules about probating IKs
u see a bsloogana post that needs a probations u probate that poo poo

shinji i need u
SHINJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

ur a fuking occommunist in 2016

your point

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Chicks dig class-aware revolutionaries.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

my point is that your life philosofphy has killed more good poeple that facistm
and it literally dehumaniszeds the people who are humans
joint ownerhip of everything worsk on paper
but wer are people with souls and god gives us dominion over our poo poo
ur philosofphy ilieratally denies god
and my soul
and i will fgight it wfoeever
my dad signed up to figher your communism a
and it woul be a a fauckiung failure
of a failson if i didntry to fight ur philosofy for ever and ever
i will ooppose ur philiosfy in every way i can
your sphilosfphyies dies deiniese i have a godd given dominion over my poo poo
and u deny that i fight u

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
zdr might say ironically "communism sucks" but i live in kkkanada whichi s trying to suck on the teat of commiunsiom and i know the philosofy doesn't loving wokr WORK OWRK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM

your philosofy literally demhumanisizes me and i will die before i got "lool @ ur comminsiom onaky u can post"

gently caress communism

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

my point is that your life philosofphy has killed more good poeple that facistm
and it literally dehumaniszeds the people who are humans
joint ownerhip of everything worsk on paper
but wer are people with souls and god gives us dominion over our poo poo
ur philosofphy ilieratally denies god
and my soul
and i will fgight it wfoeever
my dad signed up to figher your communism a
and it woul be a a fauckiung failure
of a failson if i didntry to fight ur philosofy for ever and ever
i will ooppose ur philiosfy in every way i can
your sphilosfphyies dies deiniese i have a godd given dominion over my poo poo
and u deny that i fight u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWJ7A9YJso0

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
capticalisms is shite as gently caress

but
it doesn't deny the soul god gave me
it trampoles on my soul
but it doesn't dney it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

being a good poster is all that matters imo.. homework explainer fits the bill

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah i know u can only respond to anticommunsimt truths with funny vids
which should tell u your life philosofphy is fcckiong lame as shite and shoudl die
1991 best day of my life my first memory is a pary my family had because the UUSSR loving died

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Barks posted:

being a good poster is all that matters imo.. homework explainer fits the bill

ya honestly im o,aky with everyhing but communism
communism is cool, its got those che guvera shirts
but when its implciated its so horrific
it KILLS THE SOUL

kills
the
soul

and th soul is all we are

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

yeah i know u can only respond to anticommunsimt truths with funny vids
which should tell u your life philosofphy is fcckiong lame as shite and shoudl die
1991 best day of my life my first memory is a pary my family had because the UUSSR loving died

the "truths" in there are a barrel of ad hoc reckons which have nothing to do with communism either in theory or practice, there's no point in taking them seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah your posint ur making have literally nothging to do with what im saying

i will oppose your anti soul philosofy amnyy way i can

fucki you you communist poo poo
your philosofy ruined 1/3 of the entire world
capitalism is the wrost system aside from all the others
it literallh brings a tear ot my eye s that i cant somehow fix your idiot brain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NBHx80ovY