Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished watching Exodus on The CW site, and I gotta say Alex was a real badass this episode. She was kicking Cadmus rear end while also shooting up everyone with her new alien pistol that knocks out everyone. Pretty sad that J'onn had to trick her because he thought she would have been a liability though. And this episode definitely touched up on Recent Events on the U.S., I got that as soon as Snapper mentioned "Fake News."

And ANOTHER ending scene with Kara and Mon-El in her apartment? It's getting ridiculous at this point now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I was kinda hoping Supergirl couldn't have stopped the transport from hyperjumping across the galaxy. We could have had a couple episodes with Alex and Wynn's GF Starlord-ing it up around the galaxy until they find a macguffin to taken then back to earth.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Burning_Monk posted:

I was kinda hoping Supergirl couldn't have stopped the transport from hyperjumping across the galaxy. We could have had a couple episodes with Alex and Wynn's GF Starlord-ing it up around the galaxy until they find a macguffin to taken then back to earth.

So, they had a giant ship, why couldn't they just fly it back to earth? All those aliens, and not one of them can fly that thing or something?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wynn had Alex fiddle with one button and it didn't work so they gave up.

I think a more tense scene would have been them screwing something up which turned the ship off and Supergirl needing to keep it from crashing into the ground. Would have been a nice callback to the pilot episode when she saves Alex from the plane crash.

They could even set it up as a running gag that no one wants to fly with Alex because she is always crashing.

But then they wouldn't have been able to do the stare through the windshield and do the whole I believe in you thing.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
99% of this episode makes me thing that Supergirl is too good for TV.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Selachian posted:

Seriously, the writers and actors cannot possibly be unaware of the massive amounts of hints they're tossing out.

It's like they saw what Rebeca Sugar was doing over on Steven Universe and went "hold my beer."

In all seriousness though, yeah they are probably acutely aware of it by this point. We're getting into (or are well into) episodes that went into production after this season premiered, so now they have a chance to build on stuff the audience reacted to positively or negatively. People love Kara/Lena, so you get stuff like "Drop something? :buddy:"

Of the four shows, Supergirl's always been the best at responding to audience reaction, though Legends has been nipping at its heels with the hot breath of Mick Rory this year too.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

bull3964 posted:

But then they wouldn't have been able to do the stare through the windshield and do the whole I believe in you thing.

Sure you could've, just have the ship crashing nose down.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

howe_sam posted:

Sure you could've, just have the ship crashing nose down.

Very true.

Also, I will never tire of super strong people using non-load bearing parts of structures to hold them in place or move them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You know, when he was introduced, I never thought Snapper would be the one I'd end up having all the sympathy with but here we are and it was actually on purpose.

God dammit Kara you deserved to be fired, that was 100% Grade A stupid. And now you've made Snapper sad after all the time he spent mentoring you :smith:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

bull3964 posted:

Very true.

Also, I will never tire of super strong people using non-load bearing parts of structures to hold them in place or move them.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing during the scene. "Oh, uh, okay, so now you are pushing back on the windshield... um I hope it's like transparent adamantium."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I'm not really Kara/Lena, but Lord have mercy

Replace Lena with an ice cream cone.

Chokes McGee posted:

You know, when he was introduced, I never thought Snapper would be the one I'd end up having all the sympathy with but here we are and it was actually on purpose.

God dammit Kara you deserved to be fired, that was 100% Grade A stupid. And now you've made Snapper sad after all the time he spent mentoring you :smith:

Clark should come back and mentor Kara on how not to be a poo poo reporter. He will do 0 Superman stuff

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah if DC weren't dicks and let the CW use superman again.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm kinda liking these Supershows wearing their politics on their sleeves. First an awkward episode of Arrow about gun control and now Supergirl writing in an episode about refugees (like, more explicitly than normal) with a side of calling Trump a fascist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Clark should come back and mentor Kara on how not to be a poo poo reporter. He will do 0 Superman stuff

It would be pretty great to have him show up and be all "Snapper was right to fire you."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Why do Kara and Lena have such ridiculous chemistry? The loving screen smoulders whenever they're in the same scene.

Are they dating in real life or something? Why is this happening? Why am I turning into a shipper?! :psyduck:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

She could join up with Grifters crew. What is that called? Stormwatch? Or better yet, Adam Strange.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

DEO does come off like chumps with very little power. They're secret but not autonomous. Like they had to give Roulette up? ARGUS or SHIELD would have just dissapered her rear end to some black site never seen again, same with Lilian Luther. They know they're bad news, no need for a trial.

And yea its hard to be excited at Kevin Sorbo, becuase he's just been a world class rear end in a top hat in the last few years, whining he can't get any good roles because he's conservative. Putting out God's not Dead which has it's moral if you don't believe in god, you deserve to die horribly.

I figured CatCo being a media conglomerate has a magazine but also a newspaper. It has a TV station too I think.

The DEO didn't have Amanda "The Wall" Waller at the head of the department getting poo poo done. ARGUS is deeper in the "You must be this Top Secret to know about this" ladder than the DEO. It's the same in the comics iirc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

The DEO didn't have Amanda "The Wall" Waller at the head of the department getting poo poo done. ARGUS is deeper in the "You must be this Top Secret to know about this" ladder than the DEO. It's the same in the comics iirc.

I guess so. I honestly haven't read many comics with the DEO in it, so I assumed they're like all the other super secret acronym comic book organizations.

Looks better than La La Land

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I guess so. I honestly haven't read many comics with the DEO in it, so I assumed they're like all the other super secret acronym comic book organizations.

Looks better than La La Land

I gotta admit, when I heard that Duet was gonna be an "it's all just a dream" episode, I was a little disappointed. But the "it's all just a Roaring 20s costume musical dream" angle is a nice way to salvage it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

I gotta admit, when I heard that Duet was gonna be an "it's all just a dream" episode, I was a little disappointed. But the "it's all just a Roaring 20s costume musical dream" angle is a nice way to salvage it.

Yep. Though isn't that what earth 2 looked like on the Flash?

And according to the FB post I stole that image from, it airs on the 21st. So whatever drama involving Mon-El's parents is coming, looks like it will resolve in a single episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

And according to the FB post I stole that image from, it airs on the 21st. So whatever drama involving Mon-El's parents is coming, looks like it will resolve in a single episode.

Only partially, Hatcher and Sorbo are going to be around for four episodes or so.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The musical will only be occupying the flash episode from what I've read. It's going to be like the big crossover earlier where the supergirl component will be like 1 min of setup at the end of the episode.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gninjagnome posted:

It's gonna be hard to take them seriously as a threat, when all you have to do is shoot them in the leg to incapacitate them.

But having them flee in terror from civil war reenactors would be funny

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Selachian posted:

Not to mention this...

Seriously, the writers and actors cannot possibly be unaware of the massive amounts of hints they're tossing out.

The flunkies had great expressions there when they accidentially threw her off the building. The slow horror of "we ucked up. We really hosed up."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The dude covering his mouth in shock when Lena went over the ledge was hilarious.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Selachian posted:

"Queerbaiting" is the term. Though the accusation is less baseless given they're clearly aware of the existence of lesbians.

I'm pretty sure they won't have Kara gently caress Lena Luthor. Gonna go out on a limb with that one. Apparently they'd rather pair her with a litany of deeply boring men who fluster her for no reason other than they have to for the story to work. Actual on-screen chemistry can't stand in the way of rote, obligatory love between our plucky lead and some bro with abs.

Besides, are we expected to believe there are coincidentally TWO lesbians in National City? Who AREN'T dating each other? Who are related? That's silly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kara and Alex are the Tegan and Sarah of national city.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Xealot posted:

"Queerbaiting" is the term. Though the accusation is less baseless given they're clearly aware of the existence of lesbians.

I'm pretty sure they won't have Kara gently caress Lena Luthor. Gonna go out on a limb with that one. Apparently they'd rather pair her with a litany of deeply boring men who fluster her for no reason other than they have to for the story to work. Actual on-screen chemistry can't stand in the way of rote, obligatory love between our plucky lead and some bro with abs.

Besides, are we expected to believe there are coincidentally TWO lesbians in National City? Who AREN'T dating each other? Who are related? That's silly.

Christ, you'd think some of you didn't flirt with every single one of your friends regardless of their gender or marital status.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xealot posted:

if it helps your suspension of disbelief kara'd be bi

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I realized that there is no Supergirl today, which seemed odd, but then I read an article online that said the reason for the delay is so the Music Meister episode crossover can coincide the same week as The Flash. the crossover is probably only going to happen at the very end of the Supergirl episode anyway, but I think it is a nice gesture.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why did J'onn use the disguise trick on Alex instead of just reading her mind?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Spacebump posted:

She probably believed she was OK herself

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

It's probably because he had to know what she would actually do instead of just what she thought, or something to that effect.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I feel like she could probably just have claimed she was going to double cross him or something. She didn't exactly try very hard to get out of it.

Guess she was shocked.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
When the telepathic martian catches you with your hand in the cookie jar, "lol just kidding" probably isn't the right play.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well the truth is gonna come out.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm kind of interested to learn more about the Daxamites straight from the source. A hedonistic monarchical society sounds pretty interesting. It'll be nice to learn about them from a source with a less negative bias.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

King Lar Gand huh

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Celebrate good times come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well okay, I can see why Kara might have a problem with the Prince of Daxam