Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Also Nathan Brown on NRL360 basically said they're not after Graham (thinks Graham isn't moving) and without naming names said they're after Blair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

Apparently Henry has been sacked for Hayne. Jesus christ when you think things couldn't get worse for the Titans they manage to gently caress it up even more.
sack both imo

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Also Nathan Brown on NRL360 basically said they're not after Graham (thinks Graham isn't moving) and without naming names said they're after Blair.

If he can help us dodge the bullet of a four year contract with Blair, I'd be very appreciative. Even more so if it meant that we could get Graham.

bowmore posted:

sack both imo

Probably the right answer. I'd love to get Henry over here to sort our poo poo out. He seems to have the Daniel Anderson gene in him- makes everything better but pisses everyone off in the process.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

If he can help us dodge the bullet of a four year contract with Blair, I'd be very appreciative. Even more so if it meant that we could get Graham.

Probably the right answer. I'd love to get Henry over here to sort our poo poo out. He seems to have the Daniel Anderson gene in him- makes everything better but pisses everyone off in the process.

Yeah ideal timeline is Knights get their man Adam Blair, salary cap is set revealing Dogs are hosed, Warriors get Graham uncontested.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Graham isn't going anywhere, they'll let go of Klemmer before Graham

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hodges on NRL.com arguing for the Titans to make Hayne captain.

God it's funny when he's trolling a team that isn't mine.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Hodges on NRL.com arguing for the Titans to make Hayne captain.

God it's funny when he's trolling a team that isn't mine.

I wish Hayne would just gently caress off to French rugby, I basically hate everything about him.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

K I'm just watching on my phone but how the gently caress did they not call that Sami try back?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
come on parra you scummy bastards

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

I wish Hayne would just gently caress off to French rugby, I basically hate everything about him.

The Justin Beiber of league

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
alright now just need the broncos and sharks not to cover and I win $100

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

K I'm just watching on my phone but how the gently caress did they not call that Sami try back?

The bunker gone back to 18 inch crt's?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Certainly looked like they must have. Wonder if Archer will come out and explain why it was totes correct.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
No, that's fine ABC, feel free to switch over to the Brisbane game. It's only half time in Warriors/Souths, I understand completely.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That pisses me off double since the games are timed to not overlap.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Turns out they were doing some reporting from Lang Park about the weather, late changes, and how a Parramatta team missed a flight so their match is rescheduled.

Long enough to miss the first set though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Triple M up here has a habit of just cutting away from the early game if Brisbane are the second one so they can gibber on about them.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

Triple M up here has a habit of just cutting away from the early game if Brisbane are the second one so they can gibber on about them.

when i inevitably go to hell for liking billy slater this will be what happens over and over again

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

luv ya Warriors

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Next year's the year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving hell

I know we're going to lose by forty but it still shits me when teams like the roosters cheat the HIA system. Cordner and JWH knock each other out in a tackle on their own line but the trainers let both play the full defensive set before taking them both off.

Need to get impartial trainers and assessors out there, this is a joke. Not just for the impact on my team, which is annoying, but how loving dangerous it is to have them out there making tackles when possibly concussed.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

JWH should've been sent off for that. What a oval office.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'll take what I can get from these shithouse refs

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Haha that was a mile forward. Justice finally.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah that was my feeling on the pass. It was a mile forward but made up for a heap of poo poo calls

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

But so funny the way they hosed it up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Picking the panthers put me in first in my tipping comp. 200 bucks on the line.

Next week is rough though. Cowboys v tigers how do you pick that poo poo show, same with sharks roosters and panthers dragons.

Probably cowboys, sharks and panthers but there's some rocks and diamonds teams right there.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Neil Henry's been given the arse.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hayne claims another victim.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Always nice to see a team that's not the Tigers making idiotic decisions

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Always nice to see a team that's not the Tigers making idiotic decisions

Indeed, it's nice to see another club making headlines for being morons for a moment.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i guess they could afford losing 400k not the 1.2mill they are paying Hayne

knew it was a terrible signing, they were a team on the rise before they did it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Reading Voss' column this week and I knew that the Warriors were terrible at the ends of seasons but I had no idea they were this bad

quote:

Among a few disappointments this season, the Warriors again are close to the top of the list.

With just one more away game to play, their record on the road reads 1 and 10. They take on the Tigers at Leichhardt in Round 26.

And what about their late season collapses? I examined some season ending numbers this week since they last qualified for the grand final in 2011. In two of the seasons since, they failed to win a game in the final eight rounds. (2012 and 2015). 2017 is a chance to become the third.

Overall, in the last six years since that mighty run of '11, they have recorded just nine wins in 46 matches over the last eight rounds of those seasons. The verdict can only be they drop their bundle… that they are not mentally tough. That record has been compiled under no less than five different coaches.

Like the Bulldogs, the Warriors have plenty of work to do to turn things around.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I prefer this statistic:

Warriors have now not won a match when out of finals contention since August 2009, while coach Stephen Kearney's winning percentage away from home slumped to just 12.9%.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

There are times I feel better about my support for the Tigers and their horrific structural and personal problems

Those are when the other clubs part the kimono and show that they're run by a bunch of clowns, too

Also that there are some that are as bad, or possibly even worse, than us on the field sometimes

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress y'all, this is the story that sums up our season.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/96065704/tuimoala-lolohea-admits-he-turned-to-alcohol-to-deal-with-frustrations-at-warriors

quote:

Wests Tigers five-eighth Tuimoala Lolohea has admitted he "drowned his sorrows" in alcohol during his final months at the Warriors as a way to deal with frustrations over a lack of opportunity.

Lolohea, who will shift to fullback next season to accommodate the arrival of Josh Reynolds at five-eighth, has shown glimpses of brilliance as he finds his feet at the Tigers.

The 22-year-old, who has shed six kilograms since linking with Ivan Cleary and the Wests Tigers mid season, has revealed the level of unhappiness during his last days at the Warriors where he was forced to play on the wing in NSW Cup.

"I got to a point where I felt that just wasn't me," Lolohea said.

"I had enough of playing on the wing. I never played on the wing growing up but they chucked me on the wing and first grade and had to stay there. I got the opportunity here to get more involved here and I feel like I'm playing some good footy.

"I was overweight. I was unhappy. I was struggling. Playing reserve grade on the wing probably didn't help. I was off it a little bit. I've lost six kilograms since coming here and each week I'm feeling better on the field. In the first month at the Tigers I was struggling and my weight had a lot to do with it."

He admitted he turned to alcohol to help him deal with the emotional rollercoaster while at the Warriors, but hasn't had to rely on it since joining the Tigers.

"I was going through some pretty tough times back home. All the alcohol ... all the little stuff it got to me," Lolohea said.

"I was drowning my sorrows in it to be honest. But I've been pretty good over here. The things I used to do back home, I don't do over here. I'm fully focused on my footy here."

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

that really is warriors.txt right there

anyone who makes bad life decisions like me, tigers jerseys are 59 at peter wynns today in their facebook deals section

i was not aware of the crazy good deals they have on their facebook page (if you are a terrible person like me and buy a lot of jerseys)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It would be mighty tough to separate which team was more disappointing between the Raiders and the Kiwis

• Locked thread