Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

That new thread title is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
That was a fun ratting op.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ThatEvilOne posted:

PFFFFFT don't call me out like that. Let me have some dignity.

Didn't you say you know the exact price of your dignity now? :v:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

you shouldn't have mentioned the furry dicks

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Oh my god.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Radio Free Kobold posted:

you shouldn't have mentioned the furry dicks

To be fair, I originally thought i was just telling my 10 man ratting group... it just so happened that as I was talking about it all 4 ratting groups condensed into one voice channel without me realizing

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ThatEvilOne posted:

To be fair, I originally thought i was just telling my 10 man ratting group... it just so happened that as I was talking about it all 4 ratting groups condensed into one voice channel without me realizing

You really think that wouldn't have leaked?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
furries are comrades now it’s ok

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

pixaal posted:

I mean there would have at least been a little disbelief maybe?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Every single time I go more than a few hours without checking the thread, something truly amazing happens. :allears:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I love that I can step away from the game and the thread for like, a day, and come back to see the thread/game deliver yet again. :five:

GOTY TYOOL 2020

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kaysette posted:

furries are comrades now it’s ok

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

pixaal posted:

This and the thread title :eyepop:

I cannot believe this game.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I just want you to keep us updated on how you are going to find and craft so many unique dicks. No two dicks alike is a tall order.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I just want you to keep us updated on how you are going to find and craft so many unique dicks. No two dicks alike is a tall order.

13 dicks specifically, I guess the different species is my only saving grace here. Also theres a channel on discord for it. #lovingly-crafted-furry-commissions

CardiacArrest
May 7, 2013
If you need 13 different ones, you can at least make one that kinda looks like a goose head and one that kinda looks like the front part of an Omen. A tribute to its origin.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Are goose dicks as weird as duck dicks? Because if so, you know what you need to do.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

How viable is toilet eve playing only on a phone? Can much be done? or does it really require BlueStacks to get the most of it?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

trunkh posted:

How viable is toilet eve playing only on a phone? Can much be done? or does it really require BlueStacks to get the most of it?

Phone only is very doable. The biggest drawback is (potentially) not having Discord up at the same time for various fleet ops. It's only really necessary for some though.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Honkfleet is pretty great, I am having a great time with my friends

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

trunkh posted:

I play on phone only. Everything is perfectly playable, the only annoyance I've had is getting Discord voice comms to work alongside (had issues with proximity sensor blacking out the screen, top notification bar sticking making it so that I can't touch the overview, and more), but I think I've got that solved now.

Oh, also setting things like orbit range is pretty sensitive.

I refuse to play on emulator or alts based on principle. The principle being: ain't nobody got time for that.

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

Yeah - the only reason I use an emulator is because it's easier to screenshot killmails for discord and also to stream via discord to the op while we scout for targets so they're not completely bored on a gate. The game runs about 100x better on my phone or iPad and I prefer playing on those instead.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Friday Deimos posted:

Yeah - the only reason I use an emulator is because it's easier to screenshot killmails for discord and also to stream via discord to the op while we scout for targets so they're not completely bored on a gate. The game runs about 100x better on my phone or iPad and I prefer playing on those instead.

Its kinda annoying how much better the game looks on my Ipad compared to my computer

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I know I'm late cause you know, burnout, but holy poo poo j4diplo

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

trunkh posted:

I play on my phone because I can't get any emulators to work right, then connect to discord on my desktop or laptop. Phone play does well enough, but honestly I'd prefer having a larger screen and the accuracy of a mouse.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Everyone's setup is different, but LDplayer has worked really well for me. Doesn't hitch and lag the way bluestacks did for me.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Yesterday I made a very important page on our wiki.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

corgski posted:

:hmmyes:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

corgski posted:

You're doing the lord's work.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I lost my free Maller (rip free mallers) plus modules & rigs to a cyclone lowsec gate camp last night. This morning, I log in to the notification that gate gun damage in lowsec is being increased a billion percent after the hotfix. :sad: My poor golden lasergoose

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

rocketrobot posted:

I lost my free Maller (rip free mallers) plus modules & rigs to a cyclone lowsec gate camp last night. This morning, I log in to the notification that gate gun damage in lowsec is being increased a billion percent after the hotfix. :sad: My poor golden lasergoose
This is the reason why Mallers are no longer free.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

trunkh posted:

It's totally doable. I play exclusively on my phone, and use my bt headset with discord. The only issue I have is, after a few hours of discord and the game running, one takes a poo poo which can be bad depending on what you're doing. The discord overlay sometimes makes the screen go black, but that's only after 3-4 hours of straight gameplay.

If you run just the game, it's fine, and actually looks amazing. You can connect an OTG cable/adapter and connect a mouse and/or keyboard to your phone, then stream it via chromecast to a tv if you want as well!

Fake edit: it might depend on how powerful your phone is if you want to run discord alongside the game. I have a OnePlus 8 and I've yet to experience any lag in game, even in fleets ops of 100+ people, or a gate traffic jam with 1000 people slammed into a caracal ball.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

oh huh, should try casting it to my tv

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Romeo Charlie posted:

This is the reason why Mallers are no longer free.

No. The reason is people would go into nullsec blindly. Lowsec has generally been fine.

Edit: this was in lowsec between lowsec systems. Not a null->low chokepoint

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 27, 2020

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

game is fun

i got blowed up in my free omen this morning trying to do a deadspace with people, but that's life in toilet eve, baby

e: if a goon magician could figure out how to do deadspaces in destroyers or frigates or something i'd happily never use a cruiser again

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It's probably possible with afterburning Executioner IIs.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

wolfs posted:

game is fun

i got blowed up in my free omen this morning trying to do a deadspace with people, but that's life in toilet eve, baby

e: if a goon magician could figure out how to do deadspaces in destroyers or frigates or something i'd happily never use a cruiser again

It's possible, you just need to flood the deadspace with more ships than the rats can lock. The first few days of the game we were running deadspaces with dozens of coercers.

I think we don't do that anymore because they die faster to a fleet of omens and since omens are free anyway who cares.

All of that said, if you show up to a deadspace in a coercer no one is going to care. Just warp out/warp back in the second anything tries to target you.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
The main thing to watch out for when bringing a frig/destroyer to these is your range. Frigs and Destroyers need to close distance to the blob to shoot them which means you're at danger of the blob switching targets to you or at being smack in the middle of the next wave when it appears.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Fake edit: it might depend on how powerful your phone is if you want to run discord alongside the game. I have a OnePlus 8 and I've yet to experience any lag in game, even in fleets ops of 100+ people, or a gate traffic jam with 1000 people slammed into a caracal ball.
I'm playing on a Pixel 3 and had no lag in the Y-Z fight which was like 300+ people at one point fighting, with Discord.
I have all graphical settings on lowest, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Saddest Robot posted:

The main thing to watch out for when bringing a frig/destroyer to these is your range. Frigs and Destroyers need to close distance to the blob to shoot them which means you're at danger of the blob switching targets to you or at being smack in the middle of the next wave when it appears.

Drone boat destroyers should have an easier time