Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

there's yr album cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

theflyingexecutive posted:

one guy keeps going on and on about his god-given right to say doobie's kid has dick sucking lips and to keep posting pictures of the whole family

one guy (a creepy colon) thinks he's the master troll, but he was an original donor

one guy, who was run out of the boston thread for being terrible and banned for being terrible repeatedly (conquistador/scumlord tacobueno/fetus tree) posts dumb painfully unfunny bullshit trolling it's sooooo loving bad and embarrassing at doobie on facebook and expects to be praised for it

I'm ashamed to know all this poo poo but there are funny parts and the star citizen mocking is v funny, there was a separate doob thread at one point, but it was rightfully gassed and unfortunately all the poo poo returned
whats cool is that the certified mensa member mod is more concerned with angrily deleting I/P threads in GBS and posting a bunch in them complaining about how bad they are than that poo poo

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

stoutfish posted:

empathy and having limits is weakness

this but completely 100% serious

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Rufus Ping posted:

this but completely 100% serious

you aren't a big man by stalking and harassing someone anonymously online

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

depends if they're asking for it tbh (in general - i know nothing of this doobie guy). if someones being a prick online and then some other guy completely Fuckin owns them beyond belief irl then I reckon thats potentially grounds for person 2 being classed as a legit cool internet bigman

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
thank you for your oppinon

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Imo trolling and owning people is a dying art and the mantle falls on each and every one of us to keep it alive and recognise those who dedicate themselves to pushing the very limits of the field

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Rufus Ping posted:

Imo trolling and owning people is a dying [f]art

good.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeah nobody in the doob thread is doing any sort of high level trolling, just weakass burns and tired jokes all around

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Vogon Poet posted:

Sling the dogs Bobby.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

art

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Rufus Ping posted:

depends if they're asking for it tbh (in general - i know nothing of this doobie guy). if someones being a prick online and then some other guy completely Fuckin owns them beyond belief irl then I reckon thats potentially grounds for person 2 being classed as a legit cool internet bigman

person 2 being any given gbs poster pretty much destroys both of these possibilities though

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
late to this party but thanks to you assholes i caught up on the doobie / star cit / somedumbzombiegame thread and jfc i want to fire the doobieposters into the sun. i get that they're bitter about being owned so hard by doobie but there is absolutely no comedy left in DOOBIE DOES A SLIGHTLY DIMWITTED THING. and fuuuuuuck every one of them who tries to get at doobie by shaming doobie's wife for not being a magazine model airbrushed to look 18

star cit dumbassery is actually entertaining to read about. the targets of mockery are so plentiful and so much more deserving: a super rich manchild failing at making a game, and follower manchildren willing to :10bux:^2 or :10bux:^3 every time dear leader puts a new set of limited edition pixels on sale. it's a great trainwreck in progress

that is my opinion, which is mine

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
i am sure as poo poo not randomly clicking gbs threads so wheres the star cit thread you speak of

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

penus de milo posted:

i am sure as poo poo not randomly clicking gbs threads so wheres the star cit thread you speak of
it's the same thread as the doobies dogs thread, gbs had to consolidate them because ???

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611001

but be warned that you will have to scan through mountains of dumb doobie poo poo to get at the star cit gold

they really should be split into separate threads so the doobie thread can get gassed which is its rightful destiny

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
arse technica had some giant star citizen post, half of it was exactly the sort of nostalgic self-buggery that drives these kickstarters in the first place

current estimate "sometime in 2015" lol

(reminder programmers never finish anything before the latest date they give you)

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

"sometime in 2015" is compounded by star citizen shaping up as a truly great poster child for second system syndrome, where the first system is every real game chris roberts shipped while under management supervision. now that he's calling all the shots he gets to put in whatever he wants, which is everything

and despite being a ~great game designer~ he doesn't seem to have much idea how it is all going to tie together into a coherent and fun game, plus some of the features (when taken together) are ridiculously ambitious. so in addition to suffering development hell it's probably gonna be a lovely game. :allears:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
not to mention it'll be full of middleaged poopsocks who paid thousands to win and think that's a perfectly reasonable use of disposable income

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I gotta be honest, I have hopes for the doobs.

I didn't donate to him, but if I find myself in backwater alabama wanting a hotdog, i'd probably sling him some change. Guy just wants to make a business doing what he loves. It might look like poo poo, but compared to the rest of alabama it looks damned fine.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

He is a racist but then again... Alabama.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Shifty Pony posted:

Dude, I live in a state where the dumbfuck redneck contingent voted for a woman thinking when they heard she was "Indian" she was "Native American". . .

I mean yeah, you're in the southeast, you gonna find racist rednecks.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i grew up in and got the gently caress out of south carolina so i know what you mean.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Shifty Pony posted:

i grew up in and got the gently caress out of south carolina so i know what you mean.

I grew up here, and don't plan to leave. . . I'll just expect each year to see more rich white folks from up north migrate to think they can publicly be racists finally, and most of us going "poo poo, you do realize we all have to loving live here and somehow work together you cockgobbler, take your mud free $50,000 jacked up over grown redneckmobile back to goddamned boston"

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
granted I did recently stop doing business with a local hot dog purveyor, who made a fine hot dog, cause he claimed black children were "obama'ing" his sodas.

But he's a latino dude who grew up in peurto rico.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

BobHoward posted:

they really should be split into separate threads so the doobie thread can get gassed which is its rightful destiny

that has already happened half a dozen times, and every time the doob posters return in force and continue their shitposting quest. they somehow keep making GBS threads out funny stuff (all in the op), but 99% of the posts are somebody posting "piled high" or "fries" and it's just dumb

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
the gbs aesthetic

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

that has already happened half a dozen times, and every time the doob posters return in force and continue their shitposting quest. they somehow keep making GBS threads out funny stuff (all in the op), but 99% of the posts are somebody posting "piled high" or "fries" and it's just dumb
freen relish!! :iamafag:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Shifty Pony posted:

fun alabama fact #1: in 2001 alabama still had a law banning interracial marriage

fun alabama fact #2: the vote to do repeal it passed by only fifty-something percent

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Alabama seems like this magical wonderland that you don't want to visit but love to hear the gently caress about

Kinda like Florida, except no one wants to hear anything about Florida

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/memorytag/memorytag-connect?ref=popular

"for 25k, we're gonna make an app based social network based on qr codes, how are ours different? uhm. . . "

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

still haven't seen evidence that the doob is actually a racist

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Base Emitter posted:

(reminder programmers never finish anything before the latest date they give you)

gotta manage expectations mang

enotnert posted:

granted I did recently stop doing business with a local hot dog purveyor, who made a fine hot dog, cause he claimed black children were "obama'ing" his sodas.

what does this even mean

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

enotnert posted:

"for 25k, we're gonna make an app based social network based on qr codes, how are ours different? uhm. . . "

white guy with hair in a cabbie hat spotted

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Yodzilla posted:

what does this even mean

Some kid stole a soda from his cart, and he constantly screams about the president stealing all his money to give poors healthcare.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

od bles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

enotnert posted:

http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

• Locked thread