Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

blaise rascal posted:

What online game should my siblings and I play together? We've done terraria and left 4 dead 2 in the past and enjoyed those games.

If you like left 4 dead 2 you should try vermintide 2, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology

yessss get rat fight 2 its very fun and you can say things like "stairs, mayflies: stairs"

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
I'd suggest 100% Orange Juice but even on sale the amount of DLC is staggering and I don't think it's worth the price for a newcomer.

Scaly Haylie

see post below

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 25, 2018

Scaly Haylie

e: wrong thread

super sweet best pal

I hope the Vermintide devs get to make a 40k one set on Necromunda or something.

Bobby Deluxe

necromunda was a nice little ip and i am surprised its not been taken up

i liked spyrers, the whole idea of rich kids in power armour coming down to the lower levels to dunk on gangs

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up buying borderlands 2 for my family. It’s super cheap on steam, and none of us had played a BL game before.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

blaise rascal posted:

Thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up buying borderlands 2 for my family. It’s super cheap on steam, and none of us had played a BL game before.

It is a fun multiplayer experience as long as you don't replay the tutorial thirty dang times

bare bottom pancakes

I Was The Fury posted:

It is a fun multiplayer experience as long as you don't replay the tutorial thirty dang times

I can say the same thing about Dragon Age Origins. I really wanted to try out the different characters! So I did, and then didn't play any of them beyond the start because I was bored.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

killer7's pc port is apparently out and it is a very un-chill un-byob game but it is very pretty and very weird and fun anyway. also the pc port is basically piping everything through a gamecube emulator right down to needing to select a memory card slot to save which is really really funny

does anyone here know anything about kenshi because it looks really weird and janky in a way that i could probably get into for a while

bare bottom pancakes

bare bottom pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 10, 2019

Grimwit

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

food court bailiff posted:

does anyone here know anything about kenshi because it looks really weird and janky in a way that i could probably get into for a while

Kenshi is Sandbox RTS Fallout 2 with emphasis on "you can do anything." It's an unforgiving game, but has a pretty high ceiling of fun after your plans fail a bunch.

I don't play, but my brother swears by it and I watch him get into some crazy antics.

Rob a town, get enslaved and escape, lose a leg, then replace it with a cybernetic one, raise an army, build a town, raid, kill, loot, etc.

Watch a LP or something before you buy.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I picked up DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Xtreme Legends for the ps4 and it's fun, my experience with the series before this has been limited to Hyrule Warriors and a little bit of Pirate Warriors.

The voice acting is charmingly awful (Ling Tong sounds like Jon Arbuckle) and the music certainly warrants the use of Xtreme in the title!

Bobby Deluxe

do not buy 9, it is bad

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

do not buy 9, it is bad

i heard, and this is why I bought 8

and it was :20bux::20bux: cheaper

super sweet best pal

Heard that 9 replaced the tight mission stages with mostly empty open world maps that take forever to cross so I haven't even given it a second glance.

aol keyword party

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
ive been playing forza horizon 4 which someone described to me as “mario kart with real cars” and i am really getting behind that description i can’t stop playing

joke_explainer

Farecoal posted:

continuing my streak of being behind the times, I just finished undertale last night. I guess the fans have a bad reputation but I don’t know much about that. I liked it v much. half the time I was smiling like a doofus, but it also ended up being very sweet. tem/tem

I finished undertale in like ten minutes, it’s a lovely story

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm playing Travis Strikes Again on Switch and it's really good. Ridiculously stylish, simple gameplay, co-op, lots of Ramen reviews.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Stooge

joke_explainer posted:

I finished undertale in like ten minutes, it’s a lovely story

Agreed, one of my all time faves.

Have you played Deltarune yet? The music and humour is, like Undertale, fantastic.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Can we post about Cookie Clicker in this thread?

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Of̶ ̶c͡o҉urs̛e ̀y̢ou ͠c̴ań.

T̸̛͖̭̰̕h̠̟̘̝̳̞̘ͅe̷͔̝ ̶̝̟͈̣̦̬c̮̥̥͚̯̝̙̮̬o̵҉̛̬͔̣o̡̙̱̼̭̫͚͙̕ͅk̭̟͚̥͇͢͢i̷̝̫̻͇̫ͅè̙̹͉̦̠̖̳̰ ̧͜͏͍̜̜̞̺͕̠d̯͙͓̗́͝é͏̖̭͝m̵̡͍͍̻͞a̛̟̞̲ͅͅn̸̴̹͓̲̠͜d̡҉̜̞̩̖͖s̡͇̤̦̙͎͘ ̵҉̘̦c̘͖̹̥͔l͕̝̕͝i̛̦̟̫̹̮̫̥͎͜c̀҉̖̩̯͉̝̬̼͙ḱ̡͔̝͓̗s̗̮̣.̠̦

D̲̤̫̯̟̪̠͖͚̼̦̞̘̺͖̹ͬ̊̋̈̆͆̌̔̊̆̀͗͆͘͠͠o̷̴̧̦̰͈͔͎̅̋͛̑̄ͦ̉̅̌̊͗ͣ̐̄ͨ́͝ ̸͉̦̦̭̜̥̮̐͛͊ͧ̅ͨ̃ͬͨ̚͝ǹ̶̨͔̮̲̘̬̬͍͔̩̜̳͖̂̄̓ͭ̐ͬ͌͑̐͒͋̈ͭͬ̽o̢͓͙͎̯̤̼̠̜̪͍̠͇̤̙̗̠̙̤ͧ̐ͥ͛͑ͤ̓ͯ̂͡t̨̧̙̬͕̲̭̻̩͖̞̯̪̱̼̯͍͐́ͥ̑ͤͬ͘͜ ̡̛̟͓̹̙̤͕̖͂̊͋̊̿ͭͪ͒̎ͩͮͭͩͭ̽ͧ̈̍̀͞f̨͓͉̗͎̫͔͚̱̙͚̬̖̖̰̙̩̝̝̊͐̒̐͑̔ͨ͆͞e̢̹̻̦̮͔̭͔̘̲͎̭͉͕̙͇͌ͦͫ̆̆ͫͮ̽͆́͆́͠a̡̡̛̙͔̜̙ͧͭ̃͌ͯ͆̊̎͒̑ͩ͒ͮ̑͟͝r͈̳͖̗͚͚͓̠̗̤̩̠̃̄̽̍ͥͨ͌͊̓͂̀͟.̷̡ͥ̄̏̋͛̋̏̎ͯͦ̃ͦ̓̀̚҉̶̬̖̙̲̜̰͚̩͖͈͓̩ͅ ̵̪̳̬̹͈̰̳͉̼͈͉̦͕̩̼̩̫̺̍͒̎̃͗̐̓̓ͬ̀ͅẺ̢̢͎̥̗̗̘͖͍͉̆ͬ̔̈̽̈́ͣ̂ͯ̊̔͗ͥ͡v̏ͨ͋̄ͪ̐̿̅ͬ̅̎ͪ̆̈́͗͐̚҉̨҉͓͍̜̣ȩ̧̤̤̪̞̠̝̣̌͆̃̐̾̔̆͑ͭ̇̋̿̿̾̽ͬ̋̚͠͞͠r̴ͯ̈́̎͒̓̿̂͂̑̏ͯ̉ͤ͛ͨ̐̀͝͏̮̰̣̮͇̲̩̰̞̲̠̙ͅy͇͎̻̘̋ͧ̔ͭ͢͟ţ̤̥͓̬̆̊ͪ̆̀̽́͘h̸̯̭͔̮̥̮̮̪͎̻ͯ͊ͧͭ͆̄̎͑ͨ͛̂ͦ̚͡į̶̛ͨ̄̂̐ͧ̒͛̚̚҉̴̪̗̫͍̘̭͍̦̞̦̞ͅnͧ͆̃ͫ͘̕͝͏̫̰̣̜̻͍͓͞ͅg̶̶̭̭̱̬̘̜͉̘̳̋ͥ͂ͬ͑ͦ̿ͭͧ ̴̛̜̯̭̍̃͒ͤ̈́ͥ͋̽͗ͤ̓̉̋ͣͬ̈́̚͢͡w̵̢̧̮̠͉̳̙̫̩̜̦̦̟͖̝̳̮̬̜̰̑͑͌̋̒̿͌͂ͬͫ̅ͤ͠ͅĩ̶̻̝̱̬̥̺̱̦̖̭̺̎̊̅͆ͫ̍̌͛ͪͫ̿l̷̥̹͎̺͇̘͖͓͕͚̘̗̪͍̰͆̆͂͊ͧ̓̐ͬ̆̍͂ͦl̢̛̜̺̩̜̻̖̦̪̘̼̤̽͂̄͌ͪ̈̒̾̐̄ͧ̿̔͊ͨ̎͘͜͢ͅ ̵̴̛͔̻̞̖ͩ̈̄̎ͯ͗̌͒̃͊͆̉̃̃͂̕b̛̮̜̥̖̘͓̝͋̌̍̅̾̈͋̌̄͆̈́̿͂͌ͣ́̌̀̚e̴̖̫̞̠̘̣͍͎̺̺̻̩̦̗ͥ̌͛ͬ̂̆̕͜ͅ ̷̸͉͇̱̻͌ͨ̒̈́̐̏̋͊ͭ́̕f̵̶̨̢̝͖̜̰͎̞͖̲̻̙͓̖̝̙̓͊͆̀͛̃̌į̸́͋̍̃̄̎ͫ̾ͩ́҉̧̤͓̬̘̜̞̞̻̤̦̜̲̗̯͙͚ͅn̢ͦ͌̈͒͒̋̂ͮ̃ͩ͂̓͠҉̻̬͇̮͞ẹ̶̢̡͉̝̟̞̯̒ͥ͑ͣ͡.̴͇͙̗̥̰̙͎̣͓̻̰̦̳̩͕̪̖̦̑ͪ̌̾ͣ̾ͩ́̄̒ͣͩ̇ͯͯ͆̌̀͟͞

I'm sewage flavored.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

glowing-fish posted:

Can we post about Cookie Clicker in this thread?

What's new with Cookie Clicker?

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm playing Travis Strikes Again on Switch and it's really good. Ridiculously stylish, simple gameplay, co-op, lots of Ramen reviews.

I'm glad you're liking it. I loved those first two No More Heroes games but this one just doesn't look very fun to play. The non-game parts of it look really cool, but the game parts look like a slog.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What's new with Cookie Clicker?

The Garden Minigame

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Jolo posted:

I'm glad you're liking it. I loved those first two No More Heroes games but this one just doesn't look very fun to play. The non-game parts of it look really cool, but the game parts look like a slog.

Why did you like the first two? I didn't play the second one, but I would definitely call the first one a slog.

mysterious frankie

Jolo posted:

I never played the first two but I am digging this one. The game doesn’t feel too sloggy to me, but I hear that’s a common complaint. I might just be a sucker for style haha.

----------------

Jolo

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Why did you like the first two? I didn't play the second one, but I would definitely call the first one a slog.

I liked the gameplay of the first two alright. It's not all that complex, but I really like the finisher mechanic where you swing the wiimote in a direction and enemies die in a big splash of blood and coins. It's definitely a slog at points, especially with repeating the minigames to get enough money to buy the next beam katana. The main draw for me in the first two is working towards the outlandish characters that you fight at the end of each area. I think each area has a decently long cutscene with all sorts of different weirdness depicted. The cutscenes in NMH1 and 2 are fully animated and voice acted.

From the little bit that I've seen of the new game, instead of animated cut scenes there are a lot more exchanges with still images and text windows. The video I've seen of the overhead run and slash gameplay looks less interesting than the behind the back combat in the first two. It's possible that it opens up and becomes more interesting later in the game, but everything I've seen has looked kind of bland.

I think the cutscenes being limited is the main thing deflating my enthusiasm for it.

Take this from the new game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28zYigYHxU

compared to this from NMH1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkrANttME0

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

mysterious frankie posted:

I never played the first two but I am digging this one. The game doesn’t feel too sloggy to me, but I hear that’s a common complaint. I might just be a sucker for style haha.

BUT, Please don't let my reaction to it affect your enjoyment! If you like it you might also like the two Wii games. I'm a fan of them for their presentation more than for the moment to moment gameplay.

mysterious frankie

Jolo posted:

BUT, Please don't let my reaction to it affect your enjoyment! If you like it you might also like the two Wii games. I'm a fan of them for their presentation more than for the moment to moment gameplay.

I’ll totally get them if they show up on switch. I’ve missed pretty much all grasshopper manufacture games due to the GameCube being my last console before the Switch and ps4. Well, I tried that one f2p game that came out a while ago, but I wasn’t wowed. Let It Die? The style on that was great too, but the gameplay wasn’t my jam.

----------------

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the first one feels sloggy if you aren't paying attention because you need to save up cash between assassin gigs by doing menial work, but if you pay attention to silly things like numbers you will realize that the extracurricular fighting rounds that unlock really early on pay way more per time spent than all of the menial task minigames

definitely still try 'em though because they're kind of fun

Grimwit

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
Been playing DF Adventure Mode recently. With a little imagination, this can be the greatest rpg ever.

Imar, the Ratman, early in his career, walked into a hamlet's meeting hall. He yelled "I am Imar, and I have just killed a rattle snake! That is all!"

Everyone inside ignored him except one little girl in the back who yelled "Good job!"

Seriously, this is the kind of thing that keeps me coming back.

Scaly Haylie

I've been too high to play FF14 lately, what should I play?

Queen Combat

Sounds like you need to play ff14 but high.

Oblivion and/or Skyrim were always fun to gently caress around with the the same state

bare bottom pancakes

Any Kirby game

bare bottom pancakes

Or Audiosurf. Really feel the rznv vibes.

Scaly Haylie

Queen Combat posted:

Sounds like you need to play ff14 but high.

Oblivion and/or Skyrim were always fun to gently caress around with the the same state

these are good ideas, but i don't think i like oblivion or skyrim enough to play them anymore. what else can i scratch an elder scrolls itch with?

bare bottom pancakes

If you just wanna get lost for a bit, Mad Max is great for that, or Horizon Zero Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

bare bottom pancakes posted:

If you just wanna get lost for a bit, Mad Max is great for that, or Horizon Zero Dawn

oh jeez i do have horizon zero dawn from last christmas. i need to play it!