Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Considering RWing Grand Cross/Indomitable Blade. That eats up most of her nasty ST magic. You also really want Magic Breakdown on Ramza.

I'd say give Squall Lifesiphon and then Pound to Sephiroth; Double Cut is really weak at this point in the game. Alternatively, give Lifesiphon to Beatrix so you can get more Magic Blinks with Shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Lack of Magic Breakdown is probably the culprit here. You'll want to stack at least Breakdown and Full Break on most ultimate bosses.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Not the worst sp Apoc although these hp pools are crazy. Died once to wall falling off to dual AOE but got them second try.

Lightning, Orlando, Ramza, Ysh, Ok. Rw wall.

Actually tried Lightning SSB-BSB2 combo but wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure it's just better to spam BSB2.

I killed the soldiers at the same time so didn't get hit by short fuse at all. Nothing else noteworthy that would be of help I think.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

ApplesandOranges posted:

Considering RWing Grand Cross/Indomitable Blade. That eats up most of her nasty ST magic. You also really want Magic Breakdown on Ramza.

I'd say give Squall Lifesiphon and then Pound to Sephiroth; Double Cut is really weak at this point in the game. Alternatively, give Lifesiphon to Beatrix so you can get more Magic Blinks with Shock.

Attestant posted:

Lack of Magic Breakdown is probably the culprit here. You'll want to stack at least Breakdown and Full Break on most ultimate bosses.

Thanks! I didn't realise that full break stacked with breakdowns. I'll give it another go later on.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Party Boat posted:

Thanks! I didn't realise that full break stacked with breakdowns. I'll give it another go later on.

Rule of thumb with stacking is that buffs and breaks stack as long as they affect different combinations of stats.

So Magic Breakdown is -Mag and Full Break is -Atk/Mag/Def/Res, so they stack. If you'd have Vaan's BSB which is -Mag/Def, that would also stack. But if you'd try to use the Vaan BSB command 1, which is -Mag, that wouldn't stack because it's identical to Magic Breakdown. Likewise Multi Break would do nothing with Full Break, because they affect the same four stats.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Actually tried Lightning SSB-BSB2 combo but wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure it's just better to spam BSB2.

I killed the soldiers at the same time so didn't get hit by short fuse at all. Nothing else noteworthy that would be of help I think.

Enelement SSB -> BSB combos tend to work better when there's early phases of a fight you can kind of sleepwalk through. As an example, the team I was on for the multiplayer A+ had Celes on Indomitable duty, so the Fujin and Raines we had spent the entire first two portions spamming Wrath, then dropped their SSBs (Enwind on Fujin, Imperil Holy on Raines) into their BSBs on the third form and took a sizeable chunk out of it.

If nothing else, the tankboys fight made me a full-fledged believer in Reno BSB. Hitting a mook for 8x2800 every turn pretty much won me the fight.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tri-Point was way more annoying than BGH251F2, having to remember to alternate between his weaknesses and him countering any other element with a nasty AoE. I had to flee the first time because I didn't have Blind resist on Irvine and Quistis; could have managed with RNG, but decided it was too frustrating.

On the other hand, Apoc absolutely melted as I took Kain and his BSB for his first test run. Comboing with Garnet meant that he was doing straight 9999s as soon as he got his Burst, even against the mooks without Imperil Lightning up. Meanwhile Garnet was slamming the robot for ~5000x5 attacks and then smashing the mooks for close to 9000x2 with Bahamut. The robot is ridiculously fast at low health though, keep a light trigger on your Medicas/Curadas.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I had the reverse issue, at least initially. With Squall's OSB I could easily just treat Tri-Point's gimmick as a toggle between him and Raijin (with Fires Within and his SSB), and the counter AoE (when it showed up due to Quistis' BSB commands) was easily nullified by Selphie's SSB. In contrast, I had a lot of trouble trying out my physical team (including Kain and Orlandeau) against BGH251F2. As it turns out my FF8 synergy has some holes, so I was struggling to grab enough buffs to hit caps and to do burst damage at the same time. :supaburn:

So then I tried out Magic Buffs Team with RW Rapha BSB and some slow-resist accessories. And I breezed through that on my first try. :v: Just a bit of a contrast there. (And after the fact I realized I forgot to equip Krile's BSB for even more damage! :pseudo:)

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Really should have read the full details of the apoc fight first. Skipped the section about short fuse. Plugged one of the grunts, then suddenly I am eating 3k aoe hits x2. Whoops.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah short fuse hurts a lot.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I ran out of hones against the a+ robot. Was doing crap damage to him too, only got him to 25% HP before fleeing because I wasn't gonna make it. Guess I should go with my best lightning BSB team (ashe and delita for dps, selphie tyro and maybe Fran for mitigation) instead of my CM team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah that thing is a dick. Had almost as much trouble with him as I did the Aeon one two events ago. That was even with Kain and Reno. I just kept screwing something up. Like usual!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Can it be Cloud USB time now please

I have 150 mythril and a leviathan pouch waiting

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

Can it be Cloud USB time now please

I have 150 mythril and a leviathan pouch waiting

Should be the 7th. 1st is Gogo 5, Awakening Cloud is the event right after that.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

There's speculation the Cloud event could come later, since it coincided with the fest in Japan and apparently wasn't like a full event like the usual anyway. Hopefully we'll get news soon.

I have pretty decent VIII RS so I finally got to completing the event today with the double greens ending. The CM was pretty easy if you have debuffing and any form of medica. I RWed Lulu's BSB though I think Shantotto's would be even better.

The A+ fight I had a pretty easy time with it relying on RWing Rapha's BSB and spamming Tyro's USB whenever needed. It was a long battle though. I think if I didn't insist on bringing Irvine for his AOE pentabreak I probably could've done it much easier with another DPS.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Speaking of VII, here's the Rude/Elena event.

A lot of Legend Dives this go around- Aerith, Cid, Reno, Rufus, Sephiroth, and Shelke.
Aerith LM1: Heal +15%
Aerith LM2: When using White Magic abilities, 35% chance of h25 party heal
Sepiroth LM1: PHY Damage +10% w/ Katana
Sephiroth LM2: Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, auto 100% recovery & Trance for 25 seconds
Sephiroth Trance: Casting Speed x3, ATK +50% & DEF -50%
Reno LM1: Lightning Damage +10%
Reno LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities
Rufus LM1: PHY Damage +10% w/ Gun
Rufus LM2: When using Dark attacks, 35% chance of inflicting minor Imperil Dark
Shelke LM1: Lightning Damage +10%
Shelke LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle
Cid LM1: Wind Damage +10%
Cid LM2: ATK +?% with each Wind attack used, up to ?%

Aerith has been given Light Armor access.

BANNER 1
-----------------
Sephiroth's Mako Katana [USSB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Dark physical attacks, En-Dark, En-Dark Stack* & Heartless Angel to user
Heartless Angel: ATK +50%, DEF -15% & RES -15%

Red XIII's Centclip [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK/DEF/RES +30%, Haste & Status Blink to party

Sephiroth's Chirijiraden [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Dark/Fire Overflow physical attack

Rufus's Lariat [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 AOE Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier with fewer enemies, Imperil Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, Quick Cast 2 to user
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, 20% minor Imperil Dark

Aerith's Holy Rod [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & minor Bar-Dark to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> ATK & RES +30% and High Regen to an ally

Sephiroth's Yoshiyuki-Shinuchi [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark & Dual Blink 2 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's ATK
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Red XIII's Platinum Barrette [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% and High Regen to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, DEF -40%, 0.825s CT
Defend -> Single-target physical attack, RES -50%, 0.825s CT

Sephiroth's Coat EX [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rufus's Jacket [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Dark abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Aerith's Jacket [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities

Shelke's Gloves [SSB, +10 ATK] - AOE Dispel to targets, Esuna & High Regen to party
Aerith's Wizard Staff [SSB, +10 MND] - h50 heal & Reraise to party

BANNER 2
-----------------
Reno's Telescopic Baton EX [USSB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical or magic attacks, Quick Cast 1, En-Lightning & ATK/DEF or MAG/DEF +30% to user, Quick Cast 1 when using Lightning attacks

Cid's Dragoon Lance [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, ATK & DEF +30% and Instant Jump to user

Tifa's Premium Heart [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Haste, 100% Radiant Shield & High Regen to party

Rude's Gloves [BSSB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 10 single-target Earth/NE physical or magic attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/NE physical or magic attacks
Defend -> 25% max HP heal and ATK +30%, MAG +30% & DEF -30% to an ally

Elena's Research Dept. Handgun [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, low% Confuse

Shelke's Spear [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, Hyper Break, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Lightning/NE physical attack, MAG -50%
Defend -> Single-target Lightning/NE physical attack, MND -40%

Reno's Shinra Bombshell [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical attack, +1 hit each time command is used within 25s, up to 8
Defend -> 4 single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, 9% Stun

Reno's Light Rod EX [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at start of battle
Cid's Jacket [LMR, +10 ATK] - Jump Damage +?% with Spear equipped
Shelke's Slash Lance [LMR, +10 ATK] - Stat Debuff Duration +30%

Rude's Leather Gloves EX [SSB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - Protect, Shell & Last Stand to party

Elena's Bombshell [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Fire

*En-element Stack is a separate status from En-element that also lasts 25s. It does nothing but allow its corresponding type to stack (that is to say, it does not add the stacks itself).
Level 1: Ability +50% / SB +80% (the standard En-Element boost)
Level 2: Ability: +70% / SB +90%
Level 3: Ability +100% / SB +100%
When it expires, any existing En-element reverts to its Level 1 bonus.

New 5* Dragoon Ability, Aerial Dive: 4 single-target Wind jump attacks, long air time.

Sky High has a buff planned to be revealed at a later time.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Let me tell you about Marach's record spheres.

+Mag, + Def, +Atk, +Mnd, +HP. +Rod damage?

What the hell is going on with this dude.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Guess whose killing blow came first!

(not mine!)

(gently caress!)

Really wanted that A+ solo too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's worth pointing out that Shelke (as FF7's 3rd (4th if you count Cait) Support, gets the Haste/Instant Cast 3 LM2, so if Global doesn't get Morrow, she'll be the best Global Entrust bot.

New 5* Dragoon Wind Jump and a Sky High buff sound great, although they should really take another look at Penalty Snipe and Quadruple Foul first if they're buffing 6* skills.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Aerith's BSB2 is... odd. Like, you'd expect it to be a direct upgrade to White Materia, and on the entry and CMD1 it is, but it loses medica command, which is kind of a big thing for MP. The spammable Curaja and an actual stacking buff command has appeal, but it seems... oddly underwhelming, considering it's the first new relic she's gotten since her USB nearly a year ago. You know, the one we got like three months back.

In general it seems better for single player than multiplayer, which is in its way the exact opposite of how Zack's stuff went.

pichupal posted:

New 5* Dragoon Wind Jump and a Sky High buff sound great, although they should really take another look at Penalty Snipe and Quadruple Foul first if they're buffing 6* skills.

Neither of thoseQuad Foul will ever be improved because, much like Reraise, the basis of the move itself is fundamentally flawed. No amount of buffing would make it good since it hinges on status effects and generally status effects only work when the developers allow them to work.

EDIT: Penalty Snipe could be redeemed, I just looked at it again and it works for breaks so it could at least be worked with.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 30, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hogama posted:

Shelke LM1: Lightning Damage +10%
Shelke LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle

This is somewhat important to note for Global players. Shelke has Support 5, meaning that she's a character Global will actually get who can do the speedrun strategy of turn 0.5 instant cast Entrust onto a DPS character, followed by two instant cast Wraths, followed by another Entrust, giving you nearly two full SB gauges to distribute within the first ~7 seconds of a fight. The other character to date who can do this (Morrow) is a very likely JP-exclusive character because he's from a mobile game never released outside of Japan.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elena's fire relics and ranged weapon access make me think she's probably got shooter 5. Wouldnt be surprised to see some celerity/thief/ninja in there either, since she seems to have the need for speed. Rude's probably Monk 5/Black 5 like Vayne. Command 2 on his burst seems interesting, is there any other burst that gets a targeted buff? All the ones I know of are selfish.

Also RIP people who got Rufus ssb

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

This is somewhat important to note for Global players. Shelke has Support 5, meaning that she's a character Global will actually get who can do the speedrun strategy of turn 0.5 instant cast Entrust onto a DPS character, followed by two instant cast Wraths, followed by another Entrust, giving you nearly two full SB gauges to distribute within the first ~7 seconds of a fight. The other character to date who can do this (Morrow) is a very likely JP-exclusive character because he's from a mobile game never released outside of Japan.

Hmm, good to know, my earlier attempts at using Entrust to get Squall's BSB2 really churning with Gathering Storm seemed unimpressive but that could help a lot.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Agh this is like the third U+ CM in a row that has some dumb elemental gimmick requiring SBs I don't have and also immunity to the elemental SBs that I *do* have.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Agh this is like the third U+ CM in a row that has some dumb elemental gimmick requiring SBs I don't have and also immunity to the elemental SBs that I *do* have.

Yeah, this one was kind of obnoxious. Especially without a hastega, and fujin as my only levelled character with support access. Had to bust out the old combat 3star breaks, and make/hone fire twinstrike, chain blizzaga and fires within.

Apoc+ this week was a breeze for the mages, just a ton of hp to eat through.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

on the CM i finally got some use out of my Inaugural Parade i got on a 'lucky' draw.

for the A+ i way over-prepared for the soldiers and squished them with summons in like two turns after they popped out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Any reason people keep using Orlandeus new SSB?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It loving owns for using as a RW on your daily farm, on par with Shadow BSB

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I have TG Cid's OSB, BSB, and SSB all through different lucky draws. FFT appears in too many I think but the characters have great soul breaks so hmmph. :)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Black Magic and White Magic Lucky Draws are on for tomorrow!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
They're a trap, don't pull.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
*pulls*

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I don't need any more white magic stuff, but what's bad about the black magic one? Just a bad pool of relics?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Just not a very high chance you'll pull a game changer.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I don't need any more white magic stuff, but what's bad about the black magic one? Just a bad pool of relics?

It's mostly a huge gamble. There are a lot of Black 5* users in the game, so the pool is very wide. You can get something great like Cid Raines BSB, or you can get something awful like Rinoa SSB.

I'd only pull on it if you really just want to roll the dice. :shrug:

(edit) Rinoa SSB, not BSB*

Attestant fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 31, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I'll take anything. Barely have enough mages to fill a team. And my elemental coverage is miserable.

That's why I'm pulling the trigger on BM.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, if you have poo poo magic coverage both banners are great. I'm still aiming at getting medicas for each realm, so I'm gonna pull on the white banner eventually. Maybe after seeing how the medic banner goes. My last medica banner was poo poo. 5 absolutely fantastic medicas, all dupes. All dupes whose combines didn't outweight any black magic stat stick for their realms, save the ffii staff. Though that one's beaten by my 6* rod now.

5 absolutely amazing medicas, which were completely and utterly useless :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm definitely going to take the risk with the Black lucky, just because I have pretty limited mage BSB options compared to physical ones. Might not pan out, but eh, it's only 25 mythril.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm pulling both luckies because I am addicted to seeing 5* items pop up from the gacha

The RUSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Beasteh posted:

I'm pulling both luckies because I am addicted to seeing 5* items pop up from the gacha

The RUSH

This is me

• Locked thread