Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ape
Jul 20, 2009

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 17, 2017

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Good.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 17, 2017

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Kurnell by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Boutique 5 De Mayo by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Yes please.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Atacama
by Alex M,

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2017

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Carlos V Emperador MCMLVIII by Cacator, on Flickr

Triangle by Cacator, on Flickr

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Tagus by Cacator, on Flickr

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

more trees

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Karl Barks posted:

more trees

Trees, you say?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

This is dope

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

DSC_7988.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

DSC_8311.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Bit cloudy

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Are you going to sell a Kurnell zine? It's a really good series and I appreciate it after spending so much time looking at foreign series.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 30, 2017

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

underage at the vape shop posted:

Are you going to sell a Kurnell zine? It's a really good series and I appreciate it after spending so much time looking at foreign series.

I’m actually (maybe overly ambitiously) wanting to create an actual book. I’ve got a long way to go yet though.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

elgarbo posted:

I’m actually (maybe overly ambitiously) wanting to create an actual book. I’ve got a long way to go yet though.

I think you can do it. There are a tonne of good photos there on their own, together they are really cool. I genuinely find it inspiring that you've pulled so much from such a small area, especially when I'm trying to find something that interests me in boring old south brisbane.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Reminds me of the Soviet Bus Stops photo book that I have. Utilitarian photos are rad.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Helen Highwater posted:

Utilitarian photos are rad.

We did the Met museum in NYC this fall, and my big takeaway was that I really wanted to go back through and take really nice photos of all the different types of benches.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
You should get this book.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

You are correct that this is extremely my poo poo.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

I have the Kickstarter version but I see there's a second volume now where he went to Russia and Ukraine.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I only saw that there was a vol. II when I went to get the link above. If I was a moneyhaver and if I wasn't likely to be living out of a suitcase for the next few months, I'd be ordering that right quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

underage at the vape shop posted:

I think you can do it. There are a tonne of good photos there on their own, together they are really cool. I genuinely find it inspiring that you've pulled so much from such a small area, especially when I'm trying to find something that interests me in boring old south brisbane.

Thanks dude. If you want to see the best of them arranged into a vague overview of where the whole project is headed, have a look at my website - http://www.michaelgarbutt.com