Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Strongylocentrotus posted:

'ey, no one's using this av yet, are they? Finally have the :10bux: to nab it. Suggestions for an accompanying title?

All I can hear when I see that is "Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - Stop that pigeon NOW!"
(why do I still remember this cartoon?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I don't know about words, but you should hyperlink to yakety sax.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Strongylocentrotus posted:

'ey, no one's using this av yet, are they? Finally have the :10bux: to nab it. Suggestions for an accompanying title?

"I think that might be ultra cannibalism?"

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blasmeister posted:

All I can hear when I see that is "Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - Stop that pigeon NOW!"

I've always preferred this version, while we are being nostalgic.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Blasmeister posted:

Perfect, and done. Can't stop watching the gif with that song playing in the background, it syncs up so well. Thanks for the ideas, all! :tipshat:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Something I am rather enjoying with this chapter, Tom is building both 'mysteries' (for lack of a better term) in tandem very well.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yes, Annie, trying to sneak in the domain of the litteral trickster god and the guy with wolflike senses is a good idea! It's not as if they always knew you were coming, weren't they. Though it might be a joint effort by Annie and Coyote to give the new medium a proper Forest greeting. That would explain her laughing in the first page.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I never really noticed until now, but Annie is tiny. She's a full head shorter than Smitface, not to speak of Eglamore.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Smits is doing some spying on Jeanne.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wait I never realized this before, but why does the bridge have no rails?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Rails cast shadows.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Glad to see we're getting to see what happened. I'm not one to complain about the art, since it's generally amazing anyway. However, Eglamore's feet are tiny in that first panel. They're the same size as Annie's. Poor guy.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Madrox posted:

Glad to see we're getting to see what happened. I'm not one to complain about the art, since it's generally amazing anyway. However, Eglamore's feet are tiny in that first panel. They're the same size as Annie's. Poor guy.

Leaping tall buildings in a single bound really messes with your bone structure.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Iceclaw posted:

Rails cast shadows.

Same reason as why the lamp posts are not "on" the bridge itself, but attached to the sides.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Iceclaw posted:

Yes, Annie, trying to sneak in the domain of the litteral trickster god and the guy with wolflike senses is a good idea! It's not as if they always knew you were coming, weren't they. Though it might be a joint effort by Annie and Coyote to give the new medium a proper Forest greeting. That would explain her laughing in the first page.

I don't think she's trying to sneak, she just doesn't have visiting them on the agenda today. She's the forest Medium, she doesn't need their permission to head around the forest anymore.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
They always know she's coming because the Court sends a magic signal in the form of an enormous glowing red angel in the sky to let them know it's happening.

I mean, they're still going to know she's there, but it's at least plausible to imagine that she might think they won't.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

They always know she's coming because the Court sends a magic signal in the form of an enormous glowing red angel in the sky to let them know it's happening.

I mean, they're still going to know she's there, but it's at least plausible to imagine that she might think they won't.

She probably doesn't have to anymore because she's not there as a member of the Court. She's the Forest Medium, why would she be tossing up the Court symbol?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
She wouldn't. I'm just saying that's how they've previously detected her presence in the forest; because she announces it and then goes out looking for them specifically.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder why the word bubbles were used to cover up the characters in the first panel. There's enough room to use to put the text over areas that wouldn't block them.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

IUG posted:

I wonder why the word bubbles were used to cover up the characters in the first panel. There's enough room to use to put the text over areas that wouldn't block them.

Probably because sometimes it's nice to not have to draw a character.

But actually it's because they're having a sloppy makeout behind there and it's gross as hell.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

IUG posted:

I think it's a visual implication that Parley and Smitty are background characters for that conversation, rather than part of it.

ElementaryScotty
Jan 8, 2010
I know people who are exactly like Annie when it comes to telling stories

I bet the next update is Annie suddenly switching gears to mention this awesome sandwich she had last week.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Yeah, I get the feeling that this chapter is going to bounce back and forth between the forest storyline and the love letter storyline. It's exactly the sort of shenanigan Tom would pull.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

drat right she's cool, Mr Siddell.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Tom please never stop drawing.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
More sitcom x video game True Love Mashups, please.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Huh, have we seen one of those guys before?

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
I certainly haven't!

In related news, Amazon has copies of Gunnerkrigg Court Volume Two: Research for a fair price. Buying from them gives Tom less money, but I'll live with my man-failings and be a better consumer next time.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Oh poo poo. It's an owlatrice. It's gonna open like the spitting Dino from Jurassic park and then there will be about fifty of them.

ElementaryScotty
Jan 8, 2010
I wonder if it's Smitty's powers that are bringing these guys out of the woods. He could get a job on Springwatch if the medium gig dries up.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

ElementaryScotty posted:

I wonder if it's Smitty's powers that are bringing these guys out of the woods. He could get a job on Springwatch if the medium gig dries up.

More like a pair of tasty humans wandering around the forest without Coyote and Ysengrin's protection is what is bringing them out.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Oh hey, it's a talking barn-owl-raptor-monkey with glowing red eyes. You should go up and pet him, Annie; he seems legit.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Rasamune posted:

Oh hey, it's a talking barn-owl-raptor-monkey with glowing red eyes. You should go up and pet him, Annie; he seems legit.

Even knowing Annie and Smit get out all right that is one scary looking little beast.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ElementaryScotty posted:

"The badgers seem to be doing the can-can, and the ospreys have successfully raised eighty chicks"

(edit, totally not how Smittys powers actually work but oh well)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Oh my god.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Close the thread, we've hit the peak. It's only downhill from here.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Well, that is too amazing for words. Now I'm wondering if Annie has the diamonds.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kennel, how much for a sample of your hair so I can grow a clone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This explains everything. Annie and Smitty were running from Beartato and Kat's love letter was from Reginald.