Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Ion Bombs don't do damage tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Thermal Detonators will be great on a K-Wing with Sabine crew that means they do +1 Damage :getin:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Aw sheeeet. With Sabine in your list, Ion bombs do damage now too. Also, Proton bombs can one shot Tie fighters and interceptors.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

Aw sheeeet. With Sabine in your list, Ion bombs do damage now too. Also, Proton bombs can one shot Tie fighters and interceptors.

They already could? Major Explosion -> Direct Hit.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I tried out Blue Ace (with R7-T1 + Autothrusters) last night and I have to say, the 1-turn boosts look a lot more useful than they actually are. That said R7-T1 actually proved to be a lot more useful than I was expecting. I managed to doge a couple of arcs with it and get a few range one, target-locked shots I wouldn't have otherwise.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

They already could? Major Explosion -> Direct Hit.

I didn't know about that! Awesome! So, theoretically, Sycks, Tie F/Os are now one hit kills too.
A-wings, and Zs always have been

Endman
May 18, 2010

I'll be running this at my next League night:

Luke Skywalker (28)
Predator (3)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2-D2 (4)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Han Solo (46)
Push the Limit (3)
C-3PO (3)
Chewbacca (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Total: 100

Because theme lists are :krad:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

I didn't know about that! Awesome! So, theoretically, Sycks, Tie F/Os are now one hit kills too.
A-wings, and Zs always have been

Proton Bomb ignores shields. Everything with three hull already has been a potential one hit kill since the new damage deck came out back in September. Technically, four hull isn't safe either (Major Explosion -> Major Explosion -> Direct Hit, but that's not even remotely likely).

Endman
May 18, 2010

Strobe posted:

Proton Bomb ignores shields. Everything with three hull already has been a potential one hit kill since the new damage deck came out back in September. Technically, four hull isn't safe either (Major Explosion -> Major Explosion -> Direct Hit, but that's not even remotely likely).

Funnily enough, that happened to me at Store Champs.

I still won that game, but I don't think I've ever seen a Y-Wing die that hard.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Overclocked r4

So, it's basically a worse Agromech?

Endman
May 18, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Overclocked r4

Holy poo poo. Drea Renthal can now focus + target lock for two stress over and over and over and over and over

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

Overclocked r4

You can't spend a target lock on defense. There's no limit to how often you can do this, either, so it's entirely possible to get a focus token passed off to you, and you keep it for the entire combat phase no matter how many ships shoot at you and no matter how many times. It's a free focus to use against all eight shots from a TLT list.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Speaking of astromech droids, why the gently caress is it so hard to find a little toy astromech. I just want a little droid I can stick on my desk or something.

E: Is this a :canada: specific problem or something?

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 11, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's also how you keep a focus while shooting a blaster turret. Kavil can now eat a stress to fire a blaster turret with focus and take Predator as an EPT to get rerolls and mods on every shot.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Strobe posted:

That's also how you keep a focus while shooting a blaster turret. Kavil can now eat a stress to fire a blaster turret with focus and take Predator as an EPT to get rerolls and mods on every shot.

Yeah, this is arguably better than R4 Agromech's focus -> target lock when you include predator.

Still, stress is difficult to shift on a Y-Wing without Unhinged.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Endman posted:

Yeah, this is arguably better than R4 Agromech's focus -> target lock when you include predator.

Still, stress is difficult to shift on a Y-Wing without Unhinged.

With Manaroo, you don't give a poo poo. Do a 1 or 2 forward and clear it if you want, you don't care about bumping anymore. Or don't, and get the tokens anyway.

EDIT: whichever one gives tokens, I don't remember which.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Strobe posted:

With Manaroo, you don't give a poo poo. Do a 1 or 2 forward and clear it if you want, you don't care about bumping anymore. Or don't, and get the tokens anyway.

EDIT: whichever one gives tokens, I don't remember which.

I keep forgetting that Jumpmasters can take Astromechs.

I keep wishing for an "Outlaw Mechanic" or something similar that has a little picture of a Jawa like Outlaw Tech, but he's zapping an Astromech and it gives the ship it's on an Astro slot. It would make Scum HWKs even more hilarious.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Endman posted:

I keep forgetting that Jumpmasters can take Astromechs.

I keep wishing for an "Outlaw Mechanic" or something similar that has a little picture of a Jawa like Outlaw Tech, but he's zapping an Astromech and it gives the ship it's on an Astro slot. It would make Scum HWKs even more hilarious.

No I mean put the astromech on Kavil and use the guy who gives away tokens to tell the stress to gently caress off you don't care.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking - gonna enjoy doing that! Although what does that Overclocked R4 come with, by the way? Since this is the first I've heard of it. Looks good though

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Where is the mist hunter? How much are the genetics? Do we have a 22 pointer to BBBBZ in scum now? :f5:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Archenteron posted:

Where is the mist hunter? How much are the genetics? Do we have a 22 pointer to BBBBZ in scum now? :f5:

Generic is spoiled to be 23. No go. I wish it was 22, it'd be aggressive and make it played more, but no. You pay 25 to get the PS5 with EPT.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Archenteron posted:

Somebody posted this on the FFG forums:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Great, so now TLTs can have double-focus for their attacks. Wonderful. That's definitely a thing this game needed.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Corbeau posted:

Great, so now TLTs can have double-focus for their attacks. Wonderful. That's definitely a thing this game needed.

A stressed TLT is a beautiful thing and it's a terrible idea to this on one of them.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Strobe posted:

A stressed TLT is a beautiful thing and it's a terrible idea to this on one of them.

Yeah, the more I think the more I realize that I'd never actually looked too closely at a astromech-less Y-Wing dial.

That's a real terrible dial.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was out birthday shopping for my kid and saw the new Black Series Titanium mini-helmets, and it was an act of will not to pick up the Kylo/X-Wing Pilot 2-pack for some kind of token for something...

When the Poe/Tie Pilot 2-pack drops I'll be powerless.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone asked me to provide a size comparison for the VCX-100.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Welp I sure get the Agility 0 now

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
And I thought base overlap with the Decimator was bad.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:eyepop: I can fit all sorts of anime idols on that thing :eyepop:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am absolutely looking forward to seeing Ghosts flood the tournament scene. My X-wings will feast.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Good lord the Ghost is huge.

So do we know all the TAP pilots at this point? Does anyone have pictures?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Holy poo poo, what? Why wasn't it a huge ship?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
Push The Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Kanan Jarrus (3)
· Outrider (5)

Z-95 Headhunter: Bandit Squadron Pilot (12) x2
Adv. Homing Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Z-95 Headhunter: Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Why are there no two point missiles! :argh:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

BattleMaster posted:

Holy poo poo, what? Why wasn't it a huge ship?

Epic is bad and no one plays it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Speaking of astromech droids, why the gently caress is it so hard to find a little toy astromech. I just want a little droid I can stick on my desk or something.

I saw some r2d2 and chopper ones in target and walmart recently. They were part of a two pack so youll have to buy a c3po or whoever the dude is who comes with chopper along with them though.

Or check amazon for the old 1996 guy who splits open and shoots a plastic missle.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy smokes. I see myself flying mine off the table in like two rounds

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Holy smokes. I see myself flying mine off the table in like two rounds

The base is the same size as other large ships.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Have you looked at lego astromech's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I've been looking for an R2 candy/gum tin to hold my rebel dice but I can't seem to find any. All I see are stormtrooper mint tins which are fine but I want a rebel one too.

• Locked thread