Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
:stonk:

:stonk::stonk:

:psyboom:

This is by far the worst case of pepboys bling I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, you want :stonk:?

Though this is probably blatantly enough of a pisstake to be "wrong thread" material.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Though this is probably blatantly enough of a pisstake to be "wrong thread" material.

The smell of that thing after it rains would be enough for this thread.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Is there a pimp cup in it?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

InitialDave posted:

Saint's Row looking great these days.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I saw a license plate yesterday on the highway that I wished I'd been able to get a picture of, because it was the opposite of terrible car stuff.

Car was a Chevy Volt, and the plate said "OHM MY".

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

This just passed me on the road not more than a half hour ago, and it's people like this who give other Mustang owners like myself a bad rep. I have a weird inkling that the driver of the Mustang was at fault for the damage and is probably being punished by Satan for lack of blood sacrifices performed. (13)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Looks like he went sliding right into a curb. Mustangs like to do that, especially leaving cruise nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajKNJiExjXM

I did a little peel out once after a show, but I was already pointing straight and didnt turn at all. :colbert:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Count Freebasie posted:

This just passed me on the road not more than a half hour ago, and it's people like this who give other Mustang owners like myself a bad rep. I have a weird inkling that the driver of the Mustang was at fault for the damage and is probably being punished by Satan for lack of blood sacrifices performed. (13)

:10bux: says it was a rolling burnout that spun him into a curb and broke the poo poo out of the car.

Edit: god damnit.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Cage posted:

Looks like he went sliding right into a curb. Mustangs like to do that, especially leaving cruise nights.

Yeah, I saw it up close and that's precisely what it had to be. The sad part is I just shook my head without any iota of surprise or shock. Shock like the average person would have if they were face-to-face with all-powerful Satan. (19)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who could have predicted that spinning the rear wheels would cause issues with steering. :iiam:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Cross-post from the Craiglist thread

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

N is for Nipples posted:

Dodge Neon WRX STi:

That's the cleanest Neon I've ever seen.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Remove the dumb headlight covers and it's awesome.

I think those came stock on the SRT4, which I'm just now realizing. I've never seen one without them. I guess I'll give them a pass from now on, like the late 90's Lexus's with Altezza tail lights.

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 1, 2014

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

enojy posted:

That's the cleanest Neon I've ever seen.

I think those came stock on the SRT4, which I'm just now realizing. I've never seen one without them. I guess I'll give them a pass from now on, like the late 90's Lexus's with Altezza tail lights.

I don't think they did, I looked at the SRT-4 Neon in its last year of production when they had ridiculous rebates (Like, new, OTD, for ~$11-12k without negotiation taken into account) and they had a couple on the lot, I don't remember them having them on them then.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

neckbeard posted:

Cross-post from the Craiglist thread

A KA-T in a loving Forrester. Wow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BlackMK4 posted:

I want to understand.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

With a Skyline steering wheel even.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
And it appears to be a tow car. So many mysteries here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

N is for Nipples posted:

Dodge Neon WRX STi:

I very clearly remember that Kia sold either a Rio or a Sephia in WRX-clone trim - blue paint and tall spoiler definitely, hood scoop and gold wheels maybe. But I can't for the life of me find pictures.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Phy posted:

I very clearly remember that Kia sold either a Rio or a Sephia in WRX-clone trim - blue paint and tall spoiler definitely, hood scoop and gold wheels maybe. But I can't for the life of me find pictures.

Gold wheels were optional. It's the Sport-Pac (sic) package, which added $3k to the price but at least came with a suspension upgrade.

quote:

Kia says it did not intend to model its Sport-Pac on the Subaru WRX. *

Kia spokesman Edward Rowe says: "It's just a coincidence." *

He says the sporty Rio has been designed to mimic all rally cars, not just the Subaru. *

"Subaru, Citroen and Ford all have cars in the WRC with wings and scoops like that, not just Subaru," Rowe says. *

Kia is confident the Sport-Pac will be popular with young people who want a car that looks fast but who can't afford to buy or maintain a car such as a WRX or a Lancer EVO. *

"This conversion won't affect people's insurance premiums and that is *quite important for people who are 25," Rowe says. *

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Phy posted:

Ye olde BC rio 'sport pac'

edit: goddammit :saddowns: beaten

Also I think that neon looks mint but I've never seen an SRT4 in person so maybe they're all garbage, I dunno.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 1, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cage posted:

I did a little peel out once after a show, but I was already pointing straight and didnt turn at all. :colbert:

In case anyone wondered at 17:10 was, that was the guy who I think was trying to sue Ford because the driveshaft on his V6 Mustang exploded... after he disabled the speed governor and exceeded the rotational speed it was rated for. :doh:

Some of these guys who fishtail in a straight-line burnout... does feathering the throttle mean nothing to these people? yes

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

N is for Nipples posted:

Dodge Neon WRX STi:

I am going to agree with a couple if previous posters in not hating that neon. What I'm seeing is an SRT4 with a properly lowered suspension, drat good looking and not too oversized aftermarket wheels, and a painted hood. The ridiculous wing on that thing is stock. I could do without the headlight covers and the painted hood but overall it looks good, for a neon.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

GOOD GOD MAN

http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=5691449&postcount=912

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Modus Man posted:

I am going to agree with a couple if previous posters in not hating that neon. What I'm seeing is an SRT4 with a properly lowered suspension, drat good looking and not too oversized aftermarket wheels, and a painted hood. The ridiculous wing on that thing is stock. I could do without the headlight covers and the painted hood but overall it looks good, for a neon.

It still has hand crank windows in the rear.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Holy poo poo.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

quote:

Not sure how this is going to work. It'll have to do. No fucks given. ZERO

edgy mc edgehog here is obviously inspired by that lovely SBF RX7 that that retarded punk kid made because it earned him 71/2 minutes of fame on Jalopnik and //DRIVE

quote:

First one sucked. I hated welding it up because the low iron content of the piping i was using made it easy to burn through. the slag inside the piping wouldn't have all gotten out with a bottle hone either. Turbine wheels hate slag.

:downswords:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SaNChEzZ posted:

It still has hand crank windows in the rear.

Yeah, that was one of the things that made me pass on one even for $12k or less. If I have four windows, I want to be able to put them down from the driver's seat going down the road. Or up.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I passed a brand new Accord (with drive-out tags) that had one of these on the hood

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Fast little shits that take barely any goosing to go even faster. Build quality is crap, a side impact will liquefy you and parts are getting hard to find though.

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, that was one of the things that made me pass on one even for $12k or less. If I have four windows, I want to be able to put them down from the driver's seat going down the road. Or up.

I can't say this has ever bugged me in 10 years of ownership though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

We have one show up to Cars & Coffee once in a while, I keep forgetting to take pictures. It's immaculate and has like 20K miles on it. Dude loving loves his KIA.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cage posted:

Holy poo poo the retards are 9:30 are the biggest pieces of poo poo

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Goober Peas posted:

I passed a brand new Accord (with drive-out tags) that had one of these on the hood

My H has been stolen! Awww, that's how people know it's a Honda. Why would you drive a Honda if you can't show it off?

WTF why can't I find a video clip of that. Terrible car stuff indeed.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

enojy posted:

I'm like 60% sure they didn't but they're a popular addon because of the Neon's femboy curves completely non-aggressive headlights.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

My H has been stolen! Awww, that's how people know it's a Honda. Why would you drive a Honda if you can't show it off?

WTF why can't I find a video clip of that. Terrible car stuff indeed.

Fox is relentless with their takedowns on YouTube, the only things left are lovely camera pointed at a TV videos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Apologies for the facebook link but holy gently caress this is terrible car stuff.

Lady's engine was overheating so she went about solving the problem... :v:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154151665060112&fref=nf

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

Apologies for the facebook link but holy gently caress this is terrible car stuff.

Lady's engine was overheating so she went about solving the problem... :v:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154151665060112&fref=nf
Oh God, it's like the Austin Powers defrosting scene.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I know Plasti-dip comes off, but what in the gently caress?:

He will burn in the lake of fire by the hand of my Dark Lord for this, I can only hope. (44)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Count Freebasie posted:

I know Plasti-dip comes off, but what in the gently caress?:

He will burn in the lake of fire by the hand of my Dark Lord for this, I can only hope. (44)

He took some of the ugly off it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donut
Feb 4, 2001

kastein posted:

:stonk:

:stonk::stonk:

This is by far the worst case of pepboys bling I have ever seen.
I see this thing around LA sometimes. Even the windshield has chrome strips creeping in from the sides and top.