Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Sylvari Take Root condi build cheese
Asura Technobabble breakbar cheese
Human Avatar of Melandru unnecessarily long immob cheese
Charr Charrzooka whoops they forgot to patch the launch skill shhh don't tell them cheese
Norn...I think they fixed all the cheese, erm, ... giant moustache

Norn have bear form charge for cheesing the hot room in thaumanova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Well it started off with wanting just one of each class, then an equal number of each race, then an alt of every armour class and race so I could use all the cultural armour if I wanted, then I wanted to even it out with two alts of each class, then HoT showed up and the revenant class threw a spanner into the works, then I ended up having alts just so I didn't have to bother swapping out of gear sets for different builds every time I wanted to do something else, and then I got carried away with thinking of dumb names and semi-decent outfits and wasting all my gold (ok and some actual cash but not much and I have a job now) on gems and I had to finish it, I couldn't leave it half done could I?

Basically, aspergers.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I mean at least you're not half assing it and giving up half way through. I guess?

Sekkira posted:

I started typing and stopped caring.

I only have 1 character of each class. I don't have a main, because I switch between all of them frequently, which made ascended gear a pain, had to outfit everybody at once because gently caress switching gear between characters.

Yeah, gently caress gear swapping. I still have a gently caress ton of ascended armor to make though, sadly. I really want to get my guardian all set up and ready to go. I'm at the point where I don't care enough about mesmer or thief that I'll just let them sit for now. Well mostly I want the free ascended set for my mesmer as to save cash. I'm also getting my ele slowly geared up in ascended poo poo while I get it to level 80 as well.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Gear swapping is easy though! Just buy an Invisible Bag and throw it at the end of your inventory and shove all your spare gear in there so it doesn't get tangled up with the rest of your inventory. If you can't find a piece of gear in your inventory, open up the equipment panel and click that slot in it and it will show you all your alternatives for that set of gear.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

That's like a billion extra clicks though - also don't forget traits and skills - while F12, the Char select and right arrow buttons are like four or five max

I like to play smarter, not harder, obviously

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Illuyankas posted:

Well it started off with wanting just one of each class, then an equal number of each race, then an alt of every armour class and race so I could use all the cultural armour if I wanted, then I wanted to even it out with two alts of each class, then HoT showed up and the revenant class threw a spanner into the works, then I ended up having alts just so I didn't have to bother swapping out of gear sets for different builds every time I wanted to do something else, and then I got carried away with thinking of dumb names and semi-decent outfits and wasting all my gold (ok and some actual cash but not much and I have a job now) on gems and I had to finish it, I couldn't leave it half done could I?

Basically, aspergers.

:stare: Jesus Christ.
Okay, I know we are usually very nice to each other (except for Lonk) but this is incomprehensible to me.
Back in my City of Heroes days I did the same thing and was a reason I only had three max level characters.
But those slots were free.

Even if you are paying for them in gold, you could use that for a million other things!
Oh well. If it makes you happy then I shouldn't judge.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I ended up making lots of alts with tomes and bday scrolls in the pre-HoT lull, the original goal was one each, too, I ended up having two each because having an asura everything was worth it.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

People seem to be largely busy around the later teq, despite there being way more people online, so I'm going to move Goomteq back to the reset teq! Watch for it starting tomorrow!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I bought keys on sale tonight and I got some wardrobe unlocks and was really bummed when I unlocked [Worn Chain Coat] but then I got this

:smug:

(it's exclusive to wardrobe unlocks)

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 29, 2016

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I bought keys on sale tonight and I got some wardrobe unlocks and was really bummed when I unlocked [Worn Chain Coat] but then I got this

Congrats, Discount Don!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Jesus that thing is loving ugly. The mushroom looks cool though, I guess.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

cool cat anus on your back

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

cool cat anus on your back

tyvm

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

:wink:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Free key from level 10 story. Eat it Arus.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
lol, that's also how I got my braham's outfit

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Lonk posted:

Eat it Arus.

I assumed that was why he was so happy to get a giant mushroom.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I have two guardians and two revs because I'm sick of armor looking janky on Asurans and rerolled as humans.

Today with the key sale i spent around 850g on keys. I intended to stop around 300g, but I just didn't care. I felt like i was saving up for something, but there was just nothing that really felt worth buying. Anyways, that's my story from today. Thanks for reading!

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

AmbientParadox posted:

Today with the key sale i spent around 850g on keys. Anyways, that's my story from today.

You're bad at story telling.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't understand why someone needs more than 1 alt of the same class.

because I already had a guardian but if I was going to make Arus Asura I had to make it another guardian for the aegis factor

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Sekkira posted:

You're bad at story telling.

Nah, it's a great tragedy that's being told.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

because I already had a guardian but if I was going to make Arus Asura I had to make it another guardian for the aegis factor

That is a perfectly acceptable reason.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Eat The Eggis

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Eat The Eggis

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Anyone have a good babby's first revenant guide? Leveled one to 80 with books and just don't even know where to start.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

A goon wrote a decent guide to it, but that was when rev was the new hotness. Some of it has likely been subjected to changes and nerfs.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745583&pagenumber=4#post451159456

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

sword/axe, hammer

unlock herald, get enough hero points for swiftness facet ASAP

for casual play use upkeeps for heal, fury, and swiftness, this leaves you 1 energy regen per second which is fine

hammer 2 hits really hard, hammer 1 and 2 pierces

sword is mostly autoattack for damage, 2 for a bit of burst, axe 4 for gap close

not much to it. some people say it's boring, but i like being able to kill stuff very quickly and not have to worry about health or rotations or whatever

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I think they nerfed heal upkeep to two ticks, so you wouldn't get any energy regen your way

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

You still get regen with heal, swift, and fury.

All zerker gear, scholar runes

Hammer 3 is a relatively short CD aoe that does reasonable damage, but is also an evade. It's a pretty great skill

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
How is the shiro quickness toggle outside of raids? I remember it draining energy fairly fast, but it appeared to be useful for bursts.

Aug 24, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

How is the shiro quickness toggle outside of raids? I remember it draining energy fairly fast, but it appeared to be useful for bursts.

it's fine

make sure you've got at least 10 seconds of fury before you turn it on though, if you activate your F2 immediately before using quickness you'll eke out a couple of extra seconds as well

you can also use dwarf hammers instead for a good bit of healing, which also lets you passively kill enemies while you harvest gathering nodes :cool:

Illuyankas posted:

I think they nerfed heal upkeep to two ticks

only in esports

nickhimself posted:

All zerker gear, scholar runes

this guy fucks

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I guess my questions are more basic then builds.

Do I just stay in one legend until I'm out of energy then switch? Or if I'm using shiro do I try to stay with him as long as I can and do more energy management?

Should I try to keep my weapons tied to their respective legend? Ie if I have glint on should I try to have my staff out?

As much as I hate grinding to 80 you really learn how to play them along the way.

Aug 24, 2011

Demon_Corsair posted:

Do I just stay in one legend until I'm out of energy then switch? Or if I'm using shiro do I try to stay with him as long as I can and do more energy management?

Should I try to keep my weapons tied to their respective legend? Ie if I have glint on should I try to have my staff out?

As much as I hate grinding to 80 you really learn how to play them along the way.

these are all very complicated questions that are beyond me, a revenant player

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I'll help answer these as I nearly always do all of my daily quests on my Rev, and he's the only class I take into WvW. I don't go for min/maxing or the most optimal rotations as general game mechanics don't require that level of intensity.

quote:

You can just hang out in one legend until you actually need or want to swap for a specific reason/you're out of energy. I stay in Glint 98% of the time.

I keep Healing, Swiftness, and Fury up as much as possible.

If I encounter more than one enemy (or a vet) I'll cast Swiftness again (targeted AoE that does a nice bit of condi damage) and cast Might until the enemy is nearly dead, at which point I'll cast Might again which hits for a good bit of damage as well and also frees up some energy. When Swiftness is off CD, I cast it and go back to running around.

If I run out of energy, need CC, or want the Jalis 4 swirling aura I will jump into that until Glint is off CD, then go back to that and re-apply all of my boons.

quote:

You don't need to do that.

quote:

This is 100% how I felt every time I've used scrolls/tomes or the one 80-boost from HoT to level someone up before actually playing them. It sucks.

Rev is tanky enough and puts out enough damage that you shouldn't have too much trouble acclimating yourself to the play style.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
If you're in a group with a Might bot Warrior you can leave yourself with positive energy regeneration while in Dragon stance and just swap back out ASAP to reap the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equilibrium procs since none of facets are really worth damage besides Fury and maybe Boon Duration. Your Regeneration is peanuts and the stack is probably getting camped by the Chronomancer anyway.

Unless people want Protection up, then you can tell them to gently caress off and make the Druid do it or have someone bring a Hammer Guardian.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

So, here's something interesting about the new Bitterfrost zone:

The Elixir Daily requires:
Grawl Firestone - 1,050 Karma
10 Winterberries - 10 of a currency used for ascended items or between 250-500 unbound magic.
Other map materials that require gathering, but aren't difficult to obtain.

The daily chest gives you:
2 Winterberries
25 Unbound Magic (about 1 Winterberry)
1 Sip of Liquid Karma (1,500 Karma)
Maguuma Mastery XP (autoconsume)

Basically, you get 450 karma and lose 7 Winterberries for a potion that lasts until reset and requires way more time than it should to throw together in order to access a region of the map that has no real purpose outside of story related content.

edit: I know that 10-2 doesn't equal 7, but I'm counting them as sources of unbound magic.

I'm all for having dailies that reward the player, but my time is definitely worth more than 450 karma for something that isn't incentivized enough to be marked as a 'daily achievement'.

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 1, 2016

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

nickhimself posted:

So, here's something interesting about the new Bitterfrost zone:

The Elixir Daily requires:
Grawl Firestone - 1,050 Karma
10 Winterberries - 10 of a currency used for ascended items or between 250-500 unbound magic.
Other map materials that require gathering, but aren't difficult to obtain.

The daily chest gives you:
2 Winterberries
25 Unbound Magic (about 1 Winterberry)
1 Sip of Liquid Karma (1,500 Karma)
Maguuma Mastery XP (autoconsume)

Basically, you get 450 karma and lose 7 Winterberries for a potion that lasts until reset and requires way more time than it should to throw together in order to access a region of the map that has no real purpose outside of story related content.

I'm all for having dailies that reward the player, but my time is definitely worth more than 450 karma for something that isn't incentivized enough to be marked as a 'daily achievement'.

Yeah, unless you need to go into the bitter cold making the elixir is dumb.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Demon_Corsair posted:

I've been playing a rev almost exclusively for maybe 3 months now, since getting bored with guard and war. These days I stay in staff for most fights, but switch to sword/axe for more dps. Staff 5 destroys breakbars for anything except for group event mobs. I'm really sloppy at this game, so staff 4 is a nice third healing skill. Staff just gives you a lot of utility and makes the class more interesting to play. But, the dps is low. When swapping weapons, I just do the same poo poo as everyone else: sword 1,2, and maybe 5 because it's ranged.

As for stances, I almost always start off in Glint, and have as many facets up as possible. I usually drop the aoe skill before F2'ing into shiro for quickness.

Hammer is your only ranged weapon, so have one and know when you'll need to swap to it, like with mushrooms or whatever.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

You're doing God's work, Lonk.

• Locked thread