Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I love how Destiny 2 integrated a bunch of community tools into the game as basic features and the community responds by coming up with tools for even more minor and esoteric edge cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Eh, I wish I could go on the clans tab and be like "looking to raid," "looking to crucible," "looking for patrols" and also see what everyone else wants and just snag some people off the list

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why do guided nightfall games require a microphone I don't want to talk to these people

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

Why do guided nightfall games require a microphone I don't want to talk to these people

Lol

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Calaveron posted:

It doesn't. Just hop in there and shoot mans.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Eh, I wish I could go on the clans tab and be like "looking to raid," "looking to crucible," "looking for patrols" and also see what everyone else wants and just snag some people off the list

That would be pretty cool. You log onto D2, and set up a "clan beacon" that shows what activity you want to do. They could even show how many people are currently in your fireteam and how many total are needed for the activity. So you hop on and check your clan roster and see that there's a raid group with 4/6 and you join them, or whatever else you might want to do.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
When I first saw "clan options" I thought it would be like that, but the only option is to quit like a sucker

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Destiny: Attempting To Make The Anti-Social More Social.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Calaveron posted:

There's a strike playlist for people like you, go join it

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

holy butts I only just now realized the eyes light up on celestial nighthawk when your super is charged

are there any other exotics with sweet aesthetic features like that that aren't readily apparent?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

free hubcaps posted:

holy butts I only just now realized the eyes light up on celestial nighthawk when your super is charged

are there any other exotics with sweet aesthetic features like that that aren't readily apparent?

The Synthoceps have veins that glow with certain shaders applied.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

That would be pretty cool. You log onto D2, and set up a "clan beacon" that shows what activity you want to do. They could even show how many people are currently in your fireteam and how many total are needed for the activity. So you hop on and check your clan roster and see that there's a raid group with 4/6 and you join them, or whatever else you might want to do.

That would be entirely too convenient!

I think they're under the delusion that people like using the website.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

moist turtleneck posted:

post your biggest butt clenchers in the gauntlet

https://i.imgur.com/RwltVUB.gifv

Man, it was pretty rad that you'd never done it before and literally not once skrewed up. Raid is fun and good.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When is moist going to be a contestant on american ninja?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

free hubcaps posted:

Foetracer glows when someone is Hunted

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

precision posted:

That would be entirely too convenient!

I think they're under the delusion that people like using the website.

They've said before that they think that the effort of forming bonds with other players outside the game leads to higher retention.

I am sure they have a spreadsheet.

I am also sure that they are wrong.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I would play Destiny a lot less if I had to roll solo without my crew

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Murgos posted:

They've said before that they think that the effort of forming bonds with other players outside the game leads to higher retention.

To be honest, I believe this after my experience in the LFG Discord.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Anyone actually try Guided Nightfall at or soon after reset, unlike me who has only tried it at 10 PM on Sunday night?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Gold gun walked in, looked around, shrugged and walked the other way. :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/tC1qAtO.gifv

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I hit level 20 this weekend. I'm at 219 light. What's the fastest way to get my light level up? Just go down the list of milestones? After that roam around doing public events? Are there any tips or tricks to making this process faster? I just want to do the raid!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

Anyone actually try Guided Nightfall at or soon after reset, unlike me who has only tried it at 10 PM on Sunday night?

I tried it once to see if it was worth the effort but the queue said it was a 20 minute wait time so I did something else instead.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

So I hit level 20 this weekend. I'm at 219 light. What's the fastest way to get my light level up? Just go down the list of milestones? After that roam around doing public events? Are there any tips or tricks to making this process faster? I just want to do the raid!

Ignore Milestones until you're 265.

To get to 265, do literally anything.

Lost Sectors, Public Events, High Value Targets, "Adventures", hand in Tokens. All those will rocket you right up to 265.

THEN do the Milestones for "Powerful Rewards" as those are the only things that drop above your Light Level once you're 265.

(It's Monday though... Do make sure you get your Powerful Rewards before the weekly reset)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

[quote="“Wazzit”" post="“476982964”"]

[/quote]

This is great. He missed an easy kill.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ignore Milestones until you're 265.

To get to 265, do literally anything.

Lost Sectors, Public Events, High Value Targets, "Adventures", hand in Tokens. All those will rocket you right up to 265.

THEN do the Milestones for "Powerful Rewards" as those are the only things that drop above your Light Level once you're 265.

(It's Monday though... Do make sure you get your Powerful Rewards before the weekly reset)

Cool, thanks for the info!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Also! Once you've run out of weekly Milestones, do the "Exotic weapon" quests on each planet (Rat King, MIDA, Man-o-war, Sturm), because these pop at Powerful (up to 305) levels too.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legendary mods aren't altogether common, some take a while to accumulate a 3 stack of the blues to make 1, and they aren't handed out readily by any imagination, so forcing me to destroy them to gamble for a Kinetic, now on a nearly 30 mod dry spell, is light years past retarded.

Like, I can have one weapon maximized -or- I can have zero mods. Or I can max zero guns -and- also have no more mods. What rewarding gameplay!

Idfgi. Is oval office Banshee also on some inane clock so he only gives out useful poo poo on a schedule?

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

PathAsc posted:

:frogsiren:Reminder for non-slack boners: tomorrow night just a bit after 1930 raid for all comers, hopefully starting at calus:frogsiren:

19:30 pacific or eastern?

If Pacific I'm down - IncontintlBkfst. I have a hunter and a warlock both about 294, the warlock has killed Calus this week, but I'm down for any of it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

Legendary mods aren't altogether common, some take a while to accumulate a 3 stack of the blues to make 1, and they aren't handed out readily by any imagination, so forcing me to destroy them to gamble for a Kinetic, now on a nearly 30 mod dry spell, is light years past retarded.

Like, I can have one weapon maximized -or- I can have zero mods. Or I can max zero guns -and- also have no more mods. What rewarding gameplay!

Idfgi. Is oval office Banshee also on some inane clock so he only gives out useful poo poo on a schedule?

Just shard all the class ability ones

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Also anything for subclasses that aren't arc because arc is best.

Unless you're playing warlock, then I guess void is cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the good fax machine posted:

Also shard ones that are for class items that don't apply to you (or transfer them to alts).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've got more Legendary energy weapon mods than I know what to do with

and zero Kinetics

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Lol this was so good. Missed his free kill and got melted

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

RCarr posted:

A caveat to the ignoring the milestone bit, If tomorrow is the weekly reset then just do them and grab the rewards at the end of your play session otherwise you're just missing out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Also shard ones that are for class items that don't apply to you (or transfer them to alts).
Mods are inventory and aren't shared.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

precision posted:

and zero Kinetics

So shard the energy ones and gamble for kinetics.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Brine posted:

So shard the energy ones and gamble for kinetics.

I'm 3/37 lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

precision posted:

and zero Kinetics

rng gonna rng

https://i.imgur.com/wRckq5X.gifv

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

imweasel09 posted:

A caveat to the ignoring the milestone bit, If tomorrow is the weekly reset then just do them and grab the rewards at the end of your play session otherwise you're just missing out.

So basically, if you're not going to be above 265 light by the weekly reset, it's safe to do the milestones? If you think you'll get to 265 before the weekly reset, then wait until you are before doing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RCarr posted:

So basically, if you're not going to be above 265 light by the weekly reset, it's safe to do the milestones? If you think you'll get to 265 before the weekly reset, then wait until you are before doing them?

Exactly.

You should ideally be using the milestones only when you stop getting blues that help push you up, spacing out each one to boost you a bit and then let blues follow it up until you're stuck again.

But getting a milestone at any point is better than not getting one.

Luckily milestone rewards will keep going up after you've completed them but before you pick them up. So you can do your flashpoint poo poo but just hold off on picking up the reward until it's optimal.