Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
all the cheeses need to get in my face

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

also, while we're doing sandwich cheese chat, i quite like muenster cheese. its not fancy, but it has a mellow vaguely nutty flavor and also melts well. most importantly it lacks the weird plasticky chemical tang of American CheeseTM.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
oh and today we celebrate because this is the day that cheeses come back from the grave as zombie cheeses and now the cheeses have holes

Robot Made of Meat

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also, while we're doing sandwich cheese chat, i quite like muenster cheese. its not fancy, but it has a mellow vaguely nutty flavor and also melts well. most importantly it lacks the weird plasticky chemical tang of American CheeseTM.

Yeah, muenster is good. And although I find american cheese to be tolerable in grilled-cheese sammiches, there are several dozen cheeses that are superior for that (or any) purpose.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

Speaking of farmer's markets, my partner went to one yesteday and bought some local blueberry honey that tastes how flowers smell and it is amazing.

Finger Prince

There's one cheese I buy every once in a while thinking maybe all the other times I bought it, I got a duff one, but always, every time, is pure disappointment. Mimolette.
Look at this. Doesn't it make promises of epicurian delight?

Don't fall for its lies. It is writing cheques its body can't cash. All style, no substance. Just hard orange bland.

cruft

I'm thinking about the place Kraft singles have in humanity's rich palette, and I'm wondering if, when we start colonizing other planets, that's what people will get for cheese, and be super grateful for it. I think there's probably a place for highly processed highly stable foods, and there may come a time when people are intensely grateful for Kraft Dinner because it'll be so vastly superior to every other available option.

I think about space exploration a whole lot.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I'm thinking about the place Kraft singles have in humanity's rich palette, and I'm wondering if, when we start colonizing other planets, that's what people will get for cheese, and be super grateful for it. I think there's probably a place for highly processed highly stable foods, and there may come a time when people are intensely grateful for Kraft Dinner because it'll be so vastly superior to every other available option.

I think about space exploration a whole lot.

People will chop up and fry the local onion analogues (the once that don't kill you, guess how many colonists we lost to that one?) and mix it in with the processed food product, add some of those flowers that only give you violent GI distress if you eat too many, but taste amazing, and 100 years later, hipster popup restaurants specializing in authentic Alpha Centauri style engineered soy kibble will start appearing on Brooklyn Floating City and the trendy beachside bars of Sacramento.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I haven't eaten a cheese in 27 years. My one regret about this is that I have not tasted muenster, and I like to eat things whose names sound like monster.

cruft posted:

I have yet to find a vegan cheese I like. Still searching, though.
If you like a strong cheese, Miyoko's "black ash" is really good (slice it super thin and put it on a cracker, it's so strong that it's worth the hefty price because you can cheese up 6 crackers with the mass of cheese that would normally accommodate one cracker.)

Daiya's jalapeno havarti block is probably my top pick for a grilled cheese, followed by follow your heart's smoked gouda slices.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

There's one cheese I buy every once in a while thinking maybe all the other times I bought it, I got a duff one, but always, every time, is pure disappointment. Mimolette.
Look at this. Doesn't it make promises of epicurian delight?

Don't fall for its lies. It is writing cheques its body can't cash. All style, no substance. Just hard orange bland.

I enjoy it.

cruft

roomforthetuna posted:

I haven't eaten a cheese in 27 years. My one regret about this is that I have not tasted muenster, and I like to eat things whose names sound like monster.

What's that coming over the hill, is it a... Oh, it's a block of cheese. Okay.

Prof. Crocodile

‘miyoko’s black ash’ sounds like a dark souls item.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

4120 smoke ham every day happy holiday of some sort

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

roomforthetuna posted:

Daiya's jalapeno havarti block is probably my top pick for a grilled cheese, followed by follow your heart's smoked gouda slices.

The Daiya jalapeno havarti is real good for cheese fries too. Much better than their standard shreds.

I like Chao tomato cayenne for my grilled cheese.

Heather Papps

hello friend

the reviews for this seventy five pound wheel of cheese made me laugh multiple times but this one really threw me for a moment

enhance

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

:wedass:

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

roomforthetuna posted:

If you like a strong cheese, Miyoko's "black ash" is really good (slice it super thin and put it on a cracker, it's so strong that it's worth the hefty price because you can cheese up 6 crackers with the mass of cheese that would normally accommodate one cracker.)

Miyoko is really good but I have to go a little bit out of my way to find it here. I also like their butter and their like, pretzel dip thing. Man it really is my top pick all around whenever I have it.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

cruft

Here is a sponge on a towel. I thought it was pretty.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I love the color contrast, that is a very nice camera you have.

Also only missing something white and you have the non-binary flag color.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

How Wonderful! posted:

Miyoko is really good but I have to go a little bit out of my way to find it here. I also like their butter and their like, pretzel dip thing. Man it really is my top pick all around whenever I have it.
I'm always a bit disappointed by every *other* Miyoko product because the black ash is so good. Their cream cheese errs too far cheesy not enough creamy. Though I also like that they made their cheese recipes public, not just because that's nice, but because it fully justifies the high prices as soon as you start to think about the DIY process. (Unlike, say, vegan cheesecake, which has high prices and isn't actually hard to DIY.)

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Going to have to look for the Miyoko products around here then. Looking at their site and your recommendations, I for sure want to give the stuff a try.

edit: got some butter and cheese sticks to give them a try.

Zil fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 17, 2022

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Very!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

cruft posted:

ooh it's spongeboy towelbob

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
My favorite food is donuts, but not any donuts, it has to be made in a shop that has a 50 year old sign that doesn't really turn on so much as it has a very faint glow, and there's an old lady behind the counter who somehow remembers everything about you even though the last time you were in there was 20 aught 2 the donuts are all delicious, and they have chocolate milk in the fridge you never buy. They also have ham cheese croissants that you never buy. The donuts are like .02c a piece and the dozen costs you some pocket lint, and then you march off.

sb hermit

There's a nearby hole-in-the-wall donut shop that I visit whenever I want donuts. I only ask for one coconut but they give me as many donuts as can fit a small bag, along with coffee for my tumbler. I'm not complaining.

kalel

hello everyone, I saw a movie called "everything everywhere all at once" and I really enjoyed it, and I think byob would too. dunno if it's been talked about already but I can't stop thinking about it. I felt like it was made specifically for me :kiddo:

if you do go see it, try to go in with as little information as possible. all you need to know is it's basically byob: the movie

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I had a really good Easter. I paddleboarded for the first time, I rode an electric bike for the first time, and I beat my friend in a pushup contest. All of those things were very fun!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I also did a tim tam slam for the first time and it was v good.

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Escape From Noise

I am having the most rear end day at work and I wish I was dead holy poo poo.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
My sister/brother in law dropped off a bunch of food last night, I'm just waking up and looking at what they left and there's something labeled "chocolate gravy" and it sounds terrifying. Have any of you had experience with Chocolate Gravy

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
No but I would like to :stare:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Philippe

(she/her)

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I also did a tim tam slam for the first time and it was v good.

A couple of Aussie friends sent over a care package with TimTams last summer and I love them (the friends and the biscuits)

Manifisto

Tampa Bae posted:

My sister/brother in law dropped off a bunch of food last night, I'm just waking up and looking at what they left and there's something labeled "chocolate gravy" and it sounds terrifying. Have any of you had experience with Chocolate Gravy

if I came across that description, I would both be hopeful that it referred to a mexican mole sauce, and also almost positive it was not in fact a mexican mole sauce

ty nesamdoom!

Tampa Bae

Good/bad news, my brother in law left the recipe

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tampa Bae posted:

Yes. It's a cream gravy but instead of savory it's sweet chocolate. It's good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chocolate gravy is normal southern.

Eta: lol yup that's basically thinned pudding, which is basically gravy. Congrats.

Tampa Bae

Cardi BYOB posted:

Chocolate gravy is normal southern.
I'm an immigrant and my sister married a southern white boy so this stuff is all very new to me. I tried the Chocolate Gravy, it's like very pure and sweet chocolate pudding

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Drown me in chocolate gravy plz

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm an immigrant and my sister married a southern white boy so this stuff is all very new to me. I tried the Chocolate Gravy, it's like very pure and sweet chocolate pudding

Hell yeah. It's...yeah it's like ridiculous pudding.

I don't love it because chocolate but we had this at school occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

G’mungo

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!