Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

wow more lies from Frank :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Frank Frank posted:

take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I'm wrong a lot

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

So it just stacks with the breach nodes then?

It does. Pack size usually isn't the most important part of breaches since you get most of your splinters from hands/bosses, but for xp its a big boost.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Frank Frank’s Fake Facts

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Shield Charge does count as a hit, but if your accuracy is poo poo enough you'll not *actually* hit anything a good chunk of the time.

Exposure doesn't have any visual indicator outside of looking at the tiny resistance icons when you mouse over a monster, so it could be that you are actually doing it but just don't notice.

Hit chance probably was it. I had 43% on even targets, means a lot less on rares/uniques.
Shuffled around for RT and that should basically solve it.

Working on an Adorned now, any tips on finding the delve boss?
Wiki says its drop level 82, means area level 80 since the unique will be 82?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Hit chance probably was it. I had 43% on even targets, means a lot less on rares/uniques.
Shuffled around for RT and that should basically solve it.

Working on an Adorned now, any tips on finding the delve boss?
Wiki says its drop level 82, means area level 80 since the unique will be 82?
The deeper you go, the more stuff like Vaal Outposts spawn with a chance at the boss. You should basically always delve as deep as you comfortably can if you're looking for stuff like bosses.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I finally figured out my calling this league by doing something I have never been able to do before and not only that, I did it deathless:

Loot ain’t bad either:

I can close to dying in round 28(?) I think but with leech and rage active, the healing I put down outpaces incoming damage due to the sheer number of enemies.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 12, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's a good thing that's only a 5 passive Voices otherwise I'd have to bring the post out.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

My HC dream ends at uber elder!

Amazing league, had tons of fun, if any HC goon wants my leftover divines / chaos, hit me up

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

theshim posted:

The deeper you go, the more stuff like Vaal Outposts spawn with a chance at the boss. You should basically always delve as deep as you comfortably can if you're looking for stuff like bosses.

Ok, will do this then.
I thought about going lvl 82 and then branching left/right but ill dig deeper then.

Just found out the hard way that uber atziri doesnt always drop an aspect...

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
I’m kinda done with my exsanguinate miner build. Best mapper I’ve made for quite a while.

Looking for a bossing build now. Budget is around 50 divs, can be more but then I’ll have to grind a bit.

Any suggestions?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Talking about uber Atziri, can someone confirm/deny that lvl 80+ T3 temple room atziri can drop the vaal aspect since shes basically uber?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Talking about uber Atziri, can someone confirm/deny that lvl 80+ T3 temple room atziri can drop the vaal aspect since shes basically uber?

The atziri spawn in the temple only occurs in the T3 room and it isn’t the Uber variant. I don’t know if she can still drop the aspect but I doubt it. I got one to drop but it was from using mortal fragments the only time I killed uber atziri because the damage reflect forces me to gimp the poo poo out of my build just to prevent from instantly killing myself. I doubt it'd even be possible anymore for me.

E: Jeez, juiced delirium maps are where it's at. This must be how everyone gets crazy rich because this is insane.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 13, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Running towards the end of my challenges and there's one for conditional kills on ubers (real ubers, not UE)
Is there any way I can cheese this without a ton of frustration? This is made more difficult by the fact that I gave up all (most) of my mv speed for Ralakesh which makes dodging 1 shots a lot harder especially since leap slam is definitely not a blink and you can be caught and killed mid-movement:

* The Shaper without being affected by the Shaper's Beam - Maybe? I don't think the bullet hell portion of the fight is going to be winnable since I can't move around all that quickly.

* The Uber Elder while affected by Vortex ground and Eldritch Decay - This sounds awful. Vortex ground is the big slow the elder does to hold you in place, right? Eldritch decay would mean standing in a degen puddle, wouldn't it?

* Cortex without being hit by Wormhole Slam. Haven't tried uber cortex before but I'm assuming speed here is the key since more of those black hole things appear as time goes on. Maybe it's not that since it's described as "slam".

* Sirus while being affected by Desolation of the Awakener - this is madness because I'm 99.9% sure that's the degen effect caused by the huge glowing black/red orbs and puddles of stuff all around the arena. It's lethal within a second or two.

* The Searing Exarch without being affected by Cauterised Flesh - gently caress this boss. Not doing this :colbert:

* The Eater of Worlds without beginning to drown - Would involve never being hit by any of those drown orbs which normally wouldn't be a huge deal but again, slow.

* The Maven after successfully completing the Memory Game at least 5 times - Ahahah no.

The guide I'm following basically said "this is the same as the last time it popped up" but I couldn't do it then either so w/e.
This is what my PoB looks like these days if anyone sees any huge glaring flaws:

https://pobb.in/VIxJZuiliyMX

My health is low-ish because of arrogance reserving health for Precision. EHP is still 186k, phys max hit ~20k, elemental 43k, chaos 42k

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 13, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

* The Uber Elder while affected by Vortex ground and Eldritch Decay - This sounds awful. Vortex ground is the big slow the elder does to hold you in place, right? Eldritch decay would mean standing in a degen puddle, wouldn't it?

* Cortex without being hit by Wormhole Slam. Haven't tried uber cortex before but I'm assuming speed here is the key since more of those black hole things appear as time goes on. Maybe it's not that since it's described as "slam".

* Sirus while being affected by Desolation of the Awakener - this is madness because I'm 99.9% sure that's the degen effect caused by the huge glowing black/red orbs and puddles of stuff all around the arena. It's lethal within a second or two.

No. Vortex Ground is from the homing bubbles Shaper spawns. Eldritch Decay is left by the Elder's adds (not the portals during the intermission phase, but throughout the fight when you can damage one of them) if they're not killed shortly after spawning.

No. One of the Cortex bosses has a move where he launches a bunch of homing projectiles that pick up in speed. When one of them touches you you're teleported in front of the boss and have about a half second before his Slam move probably one-shots you.

Culling Strike support exists

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

No. Vortex Ground is from the homing bubbles Shaper spawns. Eldritch Decay is left by the Elder's adds (not the portals during the intermission phase, but throughout the fight when you can damage one of them) if they're not killed shortly after spawning.

Ok so you’d have to be hit by both the squid splat and the degen from one of those homing bubbles at the same time without dying in an Uber fight? Yeesh.

quote:

No. One of the Cortex bosses has a move where he launches a bunch of homing projectiles that pick up in speed. When one of them touches you you're teleported in front of the boss and have about a half second before his Slam move probably one-shots you.

This should be easy enough to just out-DPS and dodge out of the way if this actually happens. Maybe it’s unique to the Uber fight but I have never seen this attack doing regular Cortex.

quote:

Culling Strike support exists.

Yeah I know it does but it would still involve getting the boss into cull range, dying, swapping to cull and then trying to meet the win condition. Zero chance I’m going to be able to swap out gems on the fly on console unless I can make it so the button press sequence is very fast (I’ve actually gotten pretty good at hot swapping to inventory to drop portals in fights - so like that)

E: also I guess the arakaali pantheon could help with these degen specific challenges a little if I’m not worried about freeze.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 13, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whypick1 posted:

It's a good thing that's only a 5 passive Voices otherwise I'd have to bring the post out.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Path of Exile: it’s been 3 0 days since Frank Frank has gotten away with it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Was a busy weekend working on the house but I squeezed in some Breach time and am like 80% of the way through 99 now. I definitely would not bother doing this grind without Omens of Amelioration and the shrine xp buff. Noticing that my xp/hr cut in half at 99 compared to 98 was fun.

Had a nice run of luck the last group of maps though, found an Einhar’s Memory of Harvest Beasts and at one point I had Fortunate card drop in 3 consecutive maps including 2 of them in the 3rd map.

Got like 50 raw div sitting around again and not sure what to spend it on. I don’t think I want to make the swap to Crystalized Omniscience as that’s a major retool of basically every slot. I could try to get a bow with +arrows on it I guess, or maybe it’s Watcher’s Eye time. The endgame LA guides I’ve seen don’t have cluster jewels on them but maybe that’s worth investigating.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

Was a busy weekend working on the house but I squeezed in some Breach time and am like 80% of the way through 99 now. I definitely would not bother doing this grind without Omens of Amelioration and the shrine xp buff. Noticing that my xp/hr cut in half at 99 compared to 98 was fun.

Had a nice run of luck the last group of maps though, found an Einhar’s Memory of Harvest Beasts and at one point I had Fortunate card drop in 3 consecutive maps including 2 of them in the 3rd map.

Got like 50 raw div sitting around again and not sure what to spend it on. I don’t think I want to make the swap to Crystalized Omniscience as that’s a major retool of basically every slot. I could try to get a bow with +arrows on it I guess, or maybe it’s Watcher’s Eye time. The endgame LA guides I’ve seen don’t have cluster jewels on them but maybe that’s worth investigating.

If your LA end game build guide doesn't have cluster jewels, it's probably a bad guide.

This is a good resource for LA builds with PoBs for different points of the league. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR35NJkrhF1Zf9SZZOPlsdpqbTibL2AqOiZosya0NSjEN5A1Dx8a_MeQox9VDLQw3kB0ibZCNb_e6VJ/pubhtml

If you don't have a HH, get that ASAP. Nimi's is like a 60% dps upgrade if you don't have that as well.

This is where I am currently at: https://pobb.in/XxfeoEEfMH6G

The Ravenous Passion berserk tech is extremely strong. You need a high mana pool to make it work well though.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 13, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’ve been working off the Crouching Tuna guides on maxroll, figured he’s the main LA guy to follow. The super endgame build is Omni and the league starter ends without clusters.

Is HH significantly better than Mageblood for LA? Cause I’ve grown quite accustomed to the later on this character.

Edit: PoB from two levels ago, haven’t made any gear changes since this https://pobb.in/sP1gJ2VxfSeY

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 13, 2024

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

I’ve been working off the Crouching Tuna guides on maxroll, figured he’s the main LA guy to follow. The super endgame build is Omni and the league starter ends without clusters.

Is HH significantly better than Mageblood for LA? Cause I’ve grown quite accustomed to the later on this character.

Edit: PoB from two levels ago, haven’t made any gear changes since this https://pobb.in/sP1gJ2VxfSeY

He is not. Follow Fubgun, the guy who only plays Deadeyes and farms 30+ mirrors a league with them. Especially if you are telling me Crouching Tuna doesn't have cluster jewels.

Also, HH was made for deadeyes. It's one of our main defensive layer.

Edit: You should swap out of ballistas the second you are done killing your bosses for your watchstones and get over to a manaforged setup unless your are trying to make your deadeye some bosser.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 13, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

So this one that just dropped is better or worse? Better I would assume?

Also this dropped in the same wave and man this would have been useful to have back when I used Precise Technique:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I pretty much rolled the character for the purpose of using the Mageblood but there’s definitely a lot here for me to dig into now, thanks for the resources!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

So this one that just dropped is better or worse? Better I would assume?

It's exactly the same. That last line is the only variable on that item. If it was a 3 I'd have to get the post. If it was a 1 the thread would probably riot (and rightfully so).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

It's exactly the same. That last line is the only variable on that item. If it was a 3 I'd have to get the post. If it was a 1 the thread would probably riot (and rightfully so).

I’m going to keep running these. I also have a small stack of those megalomaniac jewels that keep popping up. Haven’t sold anything yet but at least this is new. Simulacrum is a larger time investment but the loot drops are just insane

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

I pretty much rolled the character for the purpose of using the Mageblood but there’s definitely a lot here for me to dig into now, thanks for the resources!

Crouching Tuna's Splitting Steel Trickster is the build for you then =)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’ve never rolled more than two characters in a league before and I’m not about to start now :colbert:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bawfuls posted:

Started a breach atlas setup for xp and it has been good. Something like 12%+ of a level per map without the xp scarab from 94 to 95. This league probably ends after today for me, but I'll be back. Game is good once you get rolling and there's still an insane amount of things I haven't even touched. There's just so much stuff.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

What scarabs are you running? I’ve been using +xp from shrines, one add shrines scarab, 2x added breach scarabs, and then added shrines on the map device

So it’s 4 breaches from scarabs plus whatever the map rolls from breach nodes on the tree, and I think a minimum of 6 shrines between scarab, map device, and atlas tree

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

DangerDongs posted:

Crouching Tuna's Splitting Steel Trickster is the build for you then =)

I did this to end the league and ignored the crazy expensive corrupted magic jewels nonsense, but kept everything else. It worked really, really well.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bawfuls posted:

What scarabs are you running? I’ve been using +xp from shrines, one add shrines scarab, 2x added breach scarabs, and then added shrines on the map device

So it’s 4 breaches from scarabs plus whatever the map rolls from breach nodes on the tree, and I think a minimum of 6 shrines between scarab, map device, and atlas tree

I still only have the 4 slot map device so I've generally been running 2 breach scarabs and one shrine scarab. It's still a ton of xp for me. I'm fairly poor so I don't regularly run anything else. I've only been running the xp scarab toward the end of a level with the breach map option when I do.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Still not seen a cowards trial in my ssf run, im lvl 97 on the chief, 114/115 atlas and 16/17 unique maps and this damned thing just doesnt come along.
i dont even know how many scout reports ive blown, done missions to reroll missions etc. in a full kirac setup even.
Ive even resorted to chancing cursed crypts but to no avail, luckily im not going for achievements this time but i still would like to crafting recipe at some point...

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Fun thing I just realized; the "randomise outcomes of this and adjacent corpses" craft maintains corpse type when planting. So if you want to produce a ton of Undead Additional Craft corpses, you can seed undead corpses to be modified; trying to see if I can generate 2-3 add craft corpses of the right type before setting in on the proper craft right now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I just had a perfect T1 life fractured jewel drop. There's no way to deterministically craft specific explicit mods onto a jewel, correct? Just alt spam/regal/exalt or w/e, right?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I just had a perfect T1 life fractured jewel drop. There's no way to deterministically craft specific explicit mods onto a jewel, correct? Just alt spam/regal/exalt or w/e, right?

Depends on what you want out of it exactly; fossil crafting can be more targeted.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Depends on what you want out of it exactly; fossil crafting can be more targeted.

I have fractured 7% life

Want:
Global physical damage
attack speed
wildcard (but something not totally useless like area damage or mana regen)

I'll look at CoE and see what it says about jewel crafting. Never tried this before outside of spamming alts/chaos and finishing with regals/exalts

E: Looking at CoE, it appears there are only two mod groupings so the best I can hope for is 2/3 of the mods I want and the last one would have to be "say a prayer and annul/exalt" unless I'm reading this wrong:

...and with these odds, I'm probably better off just spamming chaos orbs or w/e. I'm also not entirely sure that CoE is factoring in that the jewel already has a fractured mod on it either. The price tag on using expensive resonators/fossils is pretty ridiculous for what I'd be getting out of it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 14, 2024

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I have fractured 7% life

Want:
Global physical damage
attack speed
wildcard (but something not totally useless like area damage or mana regen)

I'll look at CoE and see what it says about jewel crafting. Never tried this before outside of spamming alts/chaos and finishing with regals/exalts

Yeah COE's fossil crafting calc would be great here, the Compute best selection button after you pick all your mods will lay out most of your top options side by side nicely.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Yeah COE's fossil crafting calc would be great here, the Compute best selection button after you pick all your mods will lay out most of your top options side by side nicely.

Yeah I already did that. The result above is what I got after pushing the "compute best option" button. In terms of cost efficiency, the best bet is to just spam jagged fossils until I hit what I want and that would take ~218 tries or so which likely won't be a hell of a lot different than just spamming chaos orbs.

Random follow-up question. I saw a paradoxica on the market with an explicit (looked to be crafted?) modifier that read something like "10% increased explicit physical modifier magnitudes" which would be super nice but after some light googling, it appears that mod might be heist drop only. Is that correct? Someone also mentioned harvest bench crafting but the only craftable weapon mods I saw on the bench were the ones that ditch your quality bonus for other things (which I already discovered are bad - at least for me).

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I already did that. The result above is what I got after pushing the "compute best option" button. In terms of cost efficiency, the best bet is to just spam jagged fossils until I hit what I want and that would take ~218 tries or so which likely won't be a hell of a lot different than just spamming chaos orbs.

Random follow-up question. I saw a paradoxica on the market with an explicit (looked to be crafted?) modifier that read something like "10% increased explicit physical modifier magnitudes" which would be super nice but after some light googling, it appears that mod might be heist drop only. Is that correct? Someone also mentioned harvest bench crafting but the only craftable weapon mods I saw on the bench were the ones that ditch your quality bonus for other things (which I already discovered are bad - at least for me).

That particular enchant is the result of a Tempering Orb, an item found in Grand Heists that gives a weapon a random enchant. Be careful using it, though - some of the possible enchants come with downsides like "200% increased requirements" or "-3 maximum sockets".