Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DaveWoo posted:

The Wealth allflame replaces packs with Living Currency mons that always drop a single currency - usually a Chaos orb, but sometimes a Vaal orb or occasionally an Exalted orb. The drop is fixed, so the trick is to get as many mons in the map as possible - ideally a high-frequency pack with either the "increased pack size" Devoted mod or the green plus indicator. Using Strongbox scarabs with the Strongbox atlas mods is also a good way to boost the number of potential Living Currency mons.

I've gotten upwards of 600 chaos from a properly juiced map.

Hmm. Would seem selling them for 4d would be more worthwhile although I suppose 600 exalts would be a pretty big deal. Surprised this hasn't crashed the market for exalts overall. I'm currently running strongboxes/harbingers/allflame atlas so I could at least give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DangerDongs posted:

T17 can juice meatsacks to extreme levels by giving that pack that was reduced to a single mob 8 extra rare mods with Back to Basics and a Nemesis scarab.
A tree for the strat: https://maxroll.gg/poe/poe-atlas-tree/p35so0w4

Also hey, how did you search this atlas strategy on Maxroll.gg? I want to look at an apothecary crimson temple farming tree to make sure mine lines up.
Currently running 2 divination scarabs, 1 harbinger scarab and 1 harbinger regency scarab.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The issue with the wealth allflame isn't that it's not profitable, it is, it's that you have to click 600+ individual orbs one by one. Though maybe console has a pickup button of some sort.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

The issue with the wealth allflame isn't that it's not profitable, it is, it's that you have to click 600+ individual orbs one by one. Though maybe console has a pickup button of some sort.

On console you have to bind your pickup key to one of your action buttons and then manually highlight the item you want to pick up and hit the button. You only get a total of 12 key binds. If you don’t manually highlight, it just picks up whatever is closest to you. Normally, this is annoying because you are going to trigger a skill every time you try and pick something up (mine is bound to ancestral protector). For something like this though it makes it super easy to just spam the button and pick up everything very quickly which is nice.

Speaking of ancestral protector, wtf is the point of that skill? It seems pretty worthless overall.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Speaking of ancestral protector, wtf is the point of that skill? It seems pretty worthless overall.

Gives more attack speed when you are near it.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

literally "More" in fact.

It's too drat good and basically mandatory for every melee build.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Frank Frank posted:

On console you have to bind your pickup key to one of your action buttons and then manually highlight the item you want to pick up and hit the button. You only get a total of 12 key binds. If you don’t manually highlight, it just picks up whatever is closest to you. Normally, this is annoying because you are going to trigger a skill every time you try and pick something up (mine is bound to ancestral protector). For something like this though it makes it super easy to just spam the button and pick up everything very quickly which is nice.

20% ias stacking with your Warchief if you’re a dumbass who league starts melee (ask me what I did).

I’ve been dabbling on Steam Remote with a controller and my phone, and playing this game on a controller just feels wrong. But, I have to say it would make picking up 600 individual chaos probably a bit easier assuming you rebind pickup and walk on the same button.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is anyone playing on GeForce now? If so, how's your experience? Can you use loot filters? I can't handle the mindless diablo 4 gameplay loop and have the itch again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Not playing that way, but you can use item filters. The inventory of item filters is tied to your PoE account, either by uploading the text file, connecting a third party site to your account, or following another players' filter. After that, you choose which filter to use in-game.

You will be locked out of a bunch of third party tools like Awakened PoE Trade though.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Google Butt posted:

Is anyone playing on GeForce now? If so, how's your experience? Can you use loot filters? I can't handle the mindless diablo 4 gameplay loop and have the itch again.

I played for a while on it and whypick is right. If the issue is you have a PC that's too slow to play you can load PoE and trade tools on there and just log in to that to do some trading when need be. Not idea but it's enough to get by.

Just playing the game on GeForce now worked well enough.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I played for a while on it and whypick is right. If the issue is you have a PC that's too slow to play you can load PoE and trade tools on there and just log in to that to do some trading when need be. Not idea but it's enough to get by.

Just playing the game on GeForce now worked well enough.

drat that's a good idea, I do have a laptop that I can at least install it on for that purpose. Thanks a lot!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You'll also need that if you want to import a hideout, since that does require the client to load a locally stored file.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

whypick1 posted:

You'll also need that if you want to import a hideout, since that does require the client to load a locally stored file.

And you can't just copy tytykiller's (or similar) loot filters as they use custom sound files. I took the time to remove the references on his the one league start I did playing on Now

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Google Butt posted:

When my son was born it was incredible for playing at 4am on my shift. Like everyone said it’s not perfect but perfectly manageable.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Blight necro is pretty good. clearing the same level of stuff I was on shadow minion right off the bat. Definitely have to use health pots now though.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Also hey, how did you search this atlas strategy on Maxroll.gg? I want to look at an apothecary crimson temple farming tree to make sure mine lines up.
Currently running 2 divination scarabs, 1 harbinger scarab and 1 harbinger regency scarab.

I didn't search it. It's Fubgun's meatsack strat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR35NJkrhF1Zf9SZZOPlsdpqbTibL2AqOiZosya0NSjEN5A1Dx8a_MeQox9VDLQw3kB0ibZCNb_e6VJ/pubhtml
You need a very strong character to do this, and it is very helpful to have some form of anti mob life regen.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

fknlo posted:

Blight necro is pretty good. clearing the same level of stuff I was on shadow minion right off the bat. Definitely have to use health pots now though.

Probably wrong thread, hahaha.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think I need to refine my loot filter some more. I literally ran out of portals ferrying div cards back to base in a juiced "items drop as div cards/rogue exile ember" crimson temple map. Even dumping my entire inventory and just using it to shuttle div cards I ran out of portals before I could get them all. Did snag 3 divine beauty cards and a sepirot in a single map though so that's nice.

Also, for Apothecary crimson temple farming, am I better off running 2 div scarabs, ambush scarab + ambush discernment scarab or just 4 ambush scarabs and discernment?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 20, 2024

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019
anyone mind helping someone out who's knew to this game? im currently on act 2 trying to grind my way through i also on a seasonal character

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

namirie kairi posted:

anyone mind helping someone out who's knew to this game? im currently on act 2 trying to grind my way through i also on a seasonal character

if you're new i highly recommend following a build that tells you what to do act-by-act

are you struggling with anything in particular?

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

WorldIndustries posted:

if you're new i highly recommend following a build that tells you what to do act-by-act

are you struggling with anything in particular?

not im particular im just mainly wanting people to play with lol

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

namirie kairi posted:

I am not going to play with you, but I can give you more currency than you know what to do with if you want?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

namirie kairi posted:

Not a lot of people in this thread still playing ~2 months after league launch, so good luck with that.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 20, 2024

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

NPR Journalizard posted:

I am not going to play with you, but I can give you more currency than you know what to do with if you want?

i would definitely appreciate it i wasnt really wanting hand out i just find games more fun when im playing them with others now adays and this game has been on my radar alot i just recently decided to try and push myself to play it but would like people to play with i dont really enjoy focusing on builds early on i usually like to experience the game and experiment on my own at the start before looking up builds lol

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019
did not mean to post i twice lol

namirie kairi fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 20, 2024

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
:negative:

Dont think i posses (or can make) a build that can run that...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

namirie kairi posted:

i would definitely appreciate it i wasnt really wanting hand out i just find games more fun when im playing them with others now adays and this game has been on my radar alot i just recently decided to try and push myself to play it but would like people to play with i dont really enjoy focusing on builds early on i usually like to experience the game and experiment on my own at the start before looking up builds lol

Im going to be around for the next half hour or so. Whats your name in game?

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im going to be around for the next half hour or so. Whats your name in game?

Namiriestorm

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yolomon Wayne posted:

:negative:

Dont think i posses (or can make) a build that can run that...

Lmao “area contains The Feared”. What in the actual gently caress? Is it a walled-off arena or can you kite them away from each other?

This must be one of those Valdo maps I guess?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes, it's a Valdo map.

Yeah, you'd have to try to kite them (or be one of those giga-chad builds that's designed specifically to survive T17s).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Uber Atziri alone is a huge problem for me. Even with 85% reflect reduction from the Sybil ring and the pantheon, I still 1-shot myself vs her (lol). Glad I did the feared before my damage ramped up too high. I don’t think I could even do it at all now.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Honestly the ultimatum mod might be the worst one

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

namirie kairi posted:

It's not a great game to do that with your first time... you may just think it's too slow, too hard, and too complicated. Would highly advise doing what the others are saying, and follow a guide your first time. Also, play nearer the league, so there's plenty of people to play with, and give you advice.

This is from someone who bailed out in early beta because of those reasons, and then came back six years later, and found a lot of fun -- but I followed a build (the popular arc witch).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Yes, it's a Valdo map.

Yeah, you'd have to try to kite them (or be one of those giga-chad builds that's designed specifically to survive T17s).

iis there a build thats designed to NOT have all gear slots filled?
Like, a facebreaker/BoR operating at 80% damage?
Thiefs torment for 70%?

I dont know if i ever find the heart to actually run that, but i think its safe to say that ill NOT get that foil mageblood.

I almost got a foil watchers eye once, but the perma-mavened boss jsut didnt take any damage at all...

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

namirie kairi posted:

This is a game where multiplayer exists in a few, fairly limited forms:

1) You and your equally knowledgeable and dedicated friends play together to run some crazy group loot-generating strat;
2) You and your friends hop into a map/level together to dick around and chat, knowing that this is sub-optimal;
3) You meet up with strangers to trade items.

People don't generally group up and run maps/levels with random people because the game does not reward non-coordinated group play, and coordinated group play requires substantial up-front planning.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yolomon Wayne posted:

iis there a build thats designed to NOT have all gear slots filled?
Like, a facebreaker/BoR operating at 80% damage?
Thiefs torment for 70%?

I dont know if i ever find the heart to actually run that, but i think its safe to say that ill NOT get that foil mageblood.

I almost got a foil watchers eye once, but the perma-mavened boss jsut didnt take any damage at all...

People farm these maps with builds that have billions of dps and they just unequip a ring and do the map with 90% less damage dealt. All the tank mods can be punched through if you just get More Damage.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

There are basically two approaches one can take with PoE the first time:

1) Follow a detailed newbie guide to ensure you make it through the campaign smoothly.

2) Just explore, discover, and figure things out yourself.

The first method will get you through the campaign. It might also feel like you aren’t learning anything or have no understanding why you’re making the character choices you are. It may require frequent reference to a guide on second monitor and pull you out of your game immersion.

The second method can be very challenging and most people find it too daunting/frustrating to complete the campaign. You might end up essentially bricking your build and find it easier to start over. But some people really value the discovery and challenge aspect of this experience and hate blindly following a guide.

Which method you chose depends on personal preference, but you should be clear-eyed about what to expect down each path, exile.

If you are an option 2 kind of person, some of the roughness can be smoothed out for you with just one or two pieces of freebie gear from someone in this thread. I think a Tabula Rasa goes a long way here, since it lets you experiment with up to 6 links early on. You can take this further with some freebie currency as well, depending on your preference.

But that very first play through of the campaign is not something you can really do with other more experienced players. You either do it with a friend who is also similarly inexperienced, or you do it alone.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
whatever the command is for global 5555 will help you too since regardless of clan, most goons hang out in that global channel.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

poemdexter posted:

the command is "/global 5555"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

J posted:

People farm these maps with builds that have billions of dps and they just unequip a ring and do the map with 90% less damage dealt. All the tank mods can be punched through if you just get More Damage.

You can also get away with using a 2 handed weapon (that isn't a bow). This was good last league with battery staff but this league...