Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Salean posted:

Zombielenin can you claim to drive a ferrari and have a kickboxing girlfriend next? I'd like to relive some eve nostalgia here

Salean posted:

I own a private military corporation

Prav posted:

i've got over 300 confirmed kills

https://youtu.be/0GIwTG8V-Ko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

No, it's a material demonstration that you've reaped the rewards of having more access to social and economic capital than 99% of people.

Probably got it from a degree mill too.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Data science isn't even a real academic field.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

Good because that's a material demonstration of the fact I'm actually smarter than you.

That was mean. I just want people to engage in critical self-reflection while calling people "loving idiots."

im a literal rocket scientist yall aint poo poo

im the best

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol @ ZL

I think hes great

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I have a PhD in MBA in owning a Lambo. Get hosed losers.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

lmao @ this dudes profile description

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Control Volume posted:

lmao @ this dudes profile description

some embarrassing motherfucker posted:

I'm a graduate student. I do stuff. I also use logic to respond to immature pedantic drivel that is spewed forth upon the Internet. This makes me an obnoxious jerk, but I wouldn't be this way if you weren't spewing forth pedantic drivel, name calling

I'm laughing harder than that time I killed myself and Exia to draw a won game.

Infected posted:

Now now, let's try to be honest here.

Command is proud of me.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 2, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm surprised it took you guys so long to find that fartery in his profile.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What the hell dudes is the in game goons channel now just goons? gently caress you

Also anytime hellsau posts a screenshot of his garage he is blue.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
REV UP THOSE ENGINE VORK! IT IS TRY HARD TIME :getin:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/opsafar-announce/

Also the buff to the T23 will actually make it pretty OK.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

What the hell dudes is the in game goons channel now just goons? gently caress you

I twoshot a T34 in my O-I. Snapshots OP on teammates.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

REV UP THOSE ENGINE VORK! IT IS TRY HARD TIME :getin:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/opsafar-announce/

Also the buff to the T23 will actually make it pretty OK.

Also, I've never seen someone inject 'I HAVE A PhD GUYS' as much as ZL, and I work in Washington, DC

Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 2, 2015

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

They're even going to give gold if you've already got the tanks, it's still not enough to make me do another campaign

Lets grind influence every day for 2 weeks, for 2-3 hours a night for the hope you get picked for the team in the hope it's not going to be a tech anyway

Salean fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 2, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Salean posted:

They're even going to give gold if you've already got the tanks, it's still not enough to make me do another campaign

I don't know man, you can use that gold to buy the French M4.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vorkosigan posted:

Also, I've never seen someone inject 'I HAVE A PhD GUYS' as much as ZL, and I work in Washington, DC

That''s because most PhDs are smart enough to avoid getting into arguments on the internet where they're clearly either misinformed or wrong and subsequently avoid being intimidated enough to bring up their expertise in a completely unrelated area as evidence of their intelligence.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

That''s because most PhDs are smart enough to avoid getting into arguments on the internet where they're clearly either misinformed or wrong and subsequently avoid being intimidated enough to bring up their expertise in a completely unrelated area as evidence of their intelligence.

Correction: most other PhDs avoid bringing up their academic title when arguing about computer tanks on the interweb.
Next thing you know, he will bring up how many citations he has and impact factor.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I actually have a PhD in internet tanks so its relevant if i bring it up.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

pun pundit posted:

Haha, people were buying BT-SV codes from sketchy russian sites for over $100, and that was without the amount of gold you get in that package. Now that it's available in the gift shop, people are going "naah now that everyone can have one I don't want it!"

Hellsau posted:

Er, wait, isn't 6500 gold and 6.5 mil credits an incredibly awful deal for $100? Wasn't it like 24000 gold and the BTSV last time it was for sale?

This was a couple years ago, but if I remember correctly the gold + premium time from those gift boxes was worth $50, and the remaining $50 got you the tank(s) and the miscellaneous stuff. So the Pz2J or BT-SV cost $50 minus whatever that tangible stuff is worth to you.

This $100 package gets you:
- $26 of gold
- $10 of premium
- $1 (I'm being generous here) garage slot
- "$65" of credits
- BT-SV

So you're either paying $63 for the BT-SV or getting it ~for free~ depending on how you look at it! :eyepop:

Mesadoram posted:

WG Employee 1: What do whales want?
WG Employee 2: Uh OP low tier tanks so their penises feel mighty and erect?
WG Employee 1: But how much do we charge to make them feel like they are Really going to use their massive sphincter to punished the unwashed peasant masses?
WG Employee 2: $75?
WG Employee 1: gently caress off.
WG Employee 2: Fine, $100.
WG Employee 1 and 2 are then showered in hundred dollar bills that have Serbs laughing face on it.

How...how do you use your massive sphincter to punish the unwashed peasant masses?! :stare:

primelaw posted:

Dang, you guys still haven't kicked me lol. I'm having a pretty good time with my job at the prison at least while I'm playing fun games while take a break from this bad one. It's pretty nice having actual benefits and stuff :unsmith:

Funny, we've been referring to playing tanks as our "job at the prison." :smugdog:

Hellsau posted:

Guys I have to tell you all that I too have a PHD.

A Pretty Huge Dick!

WTF!!! loving plagiarist! :mad: I already used that line!!!

Agrajag posted:

I have a PhD in MBA in owning a Lambo. Get hosed losers.

Oh yeah? That may be true, but I have a Type 59. :smugdog:

Hellsau posted:

I'm laughing harder than that time I killed myself and Exia to draw a won game.

Command is proud of me.

BadLlama posted:

I can't remember a time where Hellsau posted a screenshot where he wasn't blue in the garage. :allears: Never change, Hellsau, never change.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hey guys 2100 base xp game in BT-SV :classiclol:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BadLlama posted:

I actually have a PhD in internet tanks so its relevant if i bring it up.

Did you buy it from ARMED?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

LostCosmonaut posted:

Hey guys 2100 base xp game in BT-SV :classiclol:

2800 base, surely

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Atomizer posted:

Funny, we've been referring to playing tanks as our "job at the prison." :smugdog:
"Please don't tell my mother I'm a tanker. She thinks I still play piano at the whorehouse."

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
So does WG actually expect people to play this event for just the T23? Why would an FCM motivate anyone, I'm sure anyone who wants one of those already has one.

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

Good because that's a material demonstration of the fact I'm actually smarter than you.

That was mean. I just want people to engage in critical self-reflection while calling people "loving idiots."

There's literally no hope for you if you consider any degree as a benchmark of intelligence. It's a benchmark of many things, but intelligence isn't one of them. I say this having performed at least 0.4 seconds of critical self-reflection and evaluating my current self worth (based on the degrees I hold, of course).

I'm really hoping you're going to tell us your PhD is in Philosophy (based on your Profile), because that would add a nice exponential to the hilarity that is you posting anything at all. I kind of doubt it though because with that much contemplation Philosophy PhDs tend to have a far firmer grasp on cause and effect than you do.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

frood posted:

So does WG actually expect people to play this event for just the T23?

It is a fun little tank.* I don't think anyone would do this JUST for the T23. But the T23 is 7k gold if you have it.

*Shut the gently caress up in advance, I kinda like it.

frood posted:

Why would an FCM motivate anyone, I'm sure anyone who wants one of those already has one.

Even if they have an FCM, I believe they would give the gold amount for it.

12k gold is noting to gently caress around about. That is a serious amount of gold.

Edit: Looking at the WG wiki, they improved on it a lot since I last checked it years ago.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 2, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cardiac posted:

Did you buy it from ARMED?

That's where I got my dual Bachelors of Science in Wargames and Livestreaming. Perhaps I should do their Executive MBA program to "level up" my stats and expand my professional WoT network.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

That's where I got my dual Bachelors of Science in Wargames and Livestreaming. Perhaps I should do their Executive MBA program to "level up" my stats and expand my professional WoT network.

Does it come with a toaster?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think so, my BSes came with alarm clocks that made fart sounds. Very good quality and hilarious in my opinion!!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A true intellectual. :wotwot:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

A true intellectual. :wotwot:

All of us PhDs consider fart alarm clocks (Fartlarm Clocks ™ do not steal) to be the height of comedy.

Atomizer posted:

WTF!!! loving plagiarist! :mad: I already used that line!!!

Yeah I know, I'm just a Plagiarizing Hellsau, Dude.

Also my joke is better because it's believable when I say I have a large Nixon statue, unlike when you say your penis is larger than average.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
Anyone who brings up their PhD in this thread please kill yourself tia

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's been a while since I've seen a pubbie get good and angry.

Maybe coming back to World of Tanks isn't such a good idea. It's like looking in to my future

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Nordick posted:

"Please don't tell my mother I'm a tanker. She thinks I still play piano at the whorehouse."

"I don't let my family know I play WoT. I just tell them I spend all that time in my room sucking dicks for crack. It's a more respectable activity."

Hellsau posted:

Also my joke is better because it's believable when I say I have a large Nixon statue, unlike when you say your penis is larger than average.

Hey, I just made the "Pretty Huge Dick" comment; I never said my penis was larger than average. It was your mom who said that. :drat: :iceburn: :clint: :kingsley: :pervert: :sotw: :supaburn: :wiggle: :downsrim:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

All of us PhDs consider fart alarm clocks (Fartlarm Clocks ™ do not steal) to be the height of comedy.

Stop referring to yourself in the third person!!!! :byodood:

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Ever make a pubbie apologize to you?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Exia00 posted:

seems like a decent fella that wants to learn and get better. i'm not seeing the problem here.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Exia00 posted:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Nerses IV posted:

It's been a while since I've seen a pubbie get good and angry.

Maybe coming back to World of Tanks isn't such a good idea. It's like looking in to my future

come back duders

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i dont see an apology in there