Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Sparrow horns

I miss machine guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
PUT NO LAND BACK IN THE PRIMARY SLOT YOU PISS rear end COWARDS!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

What on earth besides Peter Dinklage could any person possibly want back from loving Destiny 1? Almost everything that was changed was for the better save for leaving behind the option to do 6v6 or "no cooldowns mode lol" for PvP

People legit want more stuff to grind for, there was a thread today about wanting raid specific perks on gear again, people want randomized perks again, levelling weapon perks.. the list is basically endless.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have to assume, given a few sidequests and poo poo, that we'll be going back to Mars.

also wtf is the canon scrubbing going on with Warminds, I think there was a line about a Warmind vault in a mission but Zavala says "nah there's just 1 Warmind and that's it" yet we're going inside a vault on like, Io or something. Why is there a vault for a non-existent Warmind?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Failsafe and Asher can be overly HOO-HOO WACKY at times too, but they're also​gated off in their respective planets.

I like Asher but Failsafe is legitimately terrible and I'm not sure why the game needed three different wacky robots.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

I have to assume, given a few sidequests and poo poo, that we'll be going back to Mars.

also wtf is the canon scrubbing going on with Warminds, I think there was a line about a Warmind vault in a mission but Zavala says "nah there's just 1 Warmind and that's it" yet we're going inside a vault on like, Io or something. Why is there a vault for a non-existent Warmind?

I don't remember exactly what was said but IIRC the state of things in Destiny 1 was that there *were* multiple warminds but only Rasputin survived into the present.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

I don't remember exactly what was said but IIRC the state of things in Destiny 1 was that there *were* multiple warminds but only Rasputin survived into the present.

There's a line in D2 how there is only one warmind, but it fragmented during the collapse. So I guess there's pieces of Rasputin on each planet kinda doing their own thing? :iiam:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

oh right, the empty vaults from the 1st game were mentioned. I guess more will come from Expansion 2, which has the symbol of Rasputin on it

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011
There's also apparently different dialogue depending on if you completed first game/expansions, so people that didn't play Taken King get a bigger explanation of the Blight and stuff like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I always liked the Dinklebot.

The same people who get really passionate about neeeeedinggg their guardian to speak also got mad about Dinklebot. They also love Failsafe and hate Asher. They eat soy.

Failsafe, Asher, and Devrim Kay are the best NPCs in the game

i was legit stunned when i learned Asher isn't Dr. Venture, he sounds identical

i guess Shaxx is good too

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Space Hamlet posted:

Maybe some of y'all will dig this video I made about why I dig going out of bounds in these games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUL03-jURIA

Old post, but this is awesome and pretty and I appreciate you sharing your emotional experiences. :shobon:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I, I like Failsafe. Her "Friendly query: What did you do to bring such hostile species to my planet" line cracks me the gently caress up as well as "Well, you know, Cayde's dumb". She'd be real bad if she didn't have the voice actress she has

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thank you for flying Cabal Airways

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The issue with most of bungie's dialogue is all of it sounds like it was recorded in isolation. Like the voice actors all recorded their lines solo and it's never heard together until after bungie pastes it all together for the game.

So sometimes the inflection and emotion are wayyyy off the mark and we're all forced to process how unnatural everything feels.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Calaveron posted:

I, I like Failsafe. Her "Friendly query: What did you do to bring such hostile species to my planet" line cracks me the gently caress up as well as "Well, you know, Cayde's dumb". She'd be real bad if she didn't have the voice actress she has

“Failsafe, what happened to your crew?”

“I’m sorry, only the captain has permission to access those records! And he’s *super* dead.”

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

haveblue posted:

“Failsafe, what happened to your crew?”

“I’m sorry, only the captain has permission to access those records! And he’s *super* dead.”

I think those bits would work better if she kept using her normal voice/tone.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love those legs. Not enough to give up the AR chest but they're very neat.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The story stuff definitely seems more interesting in this one. Some of the side adventures have been more interesting than lots of the main story content. That said... if I was pressed to explain the Adventures on IO I did yesterday, I'd have a hard time doing it. Uh, the Taken are abducting the Vex and converting them and I guess this is news? I guess I'm supposed to ignore that Taken groups out in the wild usually have Vex Goblins and Minotaurs in them.

I'd pay money for DLC to change the Ghost's voice to Gilbert Gottfried, Danny DeVito, or Joe Pesci.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I can show you the wooooorrrrrrrrld~

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Brine posted:

I like Asher but Failsafe is legitimately terrible and I'm not sure why the game needed three different wacky robots.

Failsafe perky personality is a hundred times funnier than the intentional teenage emo sarcasm.

Hearing her strain around the limits of her programming, especially with making GBS threads in Cayde, is brilliant.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Failsafe, Asher, and Devrim Kay are the best NPCs in the game

i was legit stunned when i learned Asher isn't Dr. Venture, he sounds identical

i guess Shaxx is good too

Nolan North (Ghost) is a great voice actor who has been in a million things, but he's probably best known as Nathan drake. The ghost has too much of a jokey tone, not that I want it to be completely serious either, I wonder if there's any lore stating that all the ghosts are kinda jokey or what.

Asher Mir is played by a Darryl Kurylo, who has a bunch of random secondary roles in video games, he was also Belial in Diablo 3.

Gideon Emery plays Devrim Kay, he's also Urianger in Final Fantasy XIV and was a villain in Teen Wolf.

Failsafe is Joy Osmanski, she did a lot of TV and Film work as secondary characters.

Venture bros is voiced by like five people, all the core characters are just the same guys doing different voices. James Urbank was Venture, Phantom Limb and David Bowie among many others.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can't remember what lore item it is but I distinctly remember reading one in Destiny 2 where it's two Guardians talking about exploring and one explains how his Ghost talks and the other is shocked to hear that their Ghost talks in the exact same way that their own does. I think it's canon that all Ghosts are just Nolan North.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

we all know destiny players absolutely must collect them all.

I dunno, there have been a bunch of people ITT who area apparently more concerned with keeping their vault neat.

Anwyay Bungo if you're listening: add a sticker book for gear.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I can't remember what lore item it is but I distinctly remember reading one in Destiny 2 where it's two Guardians talking about exploring and one explains how his Ghost talks and the other is shocked to hear that their Ghost talks in the exact same way that their own does. I think it's canon that all Ghosts are just Nolan North.

And because the ghosts are fragments of the traveler, the traveler is nolan north.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hulk Krogan posted:

I dunno, there have been a bunch of people ITT who area apparently more concerned with keeping their vault neat.

Anwyay Bungo if you're listening: add a sticker book for gear.
And give us an alphabetical sort Jesus Christ it's a right faff to see at a glance if I have duplicates.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Alternate between Troy Baker and Nolan North, then see if anyone notices.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

DLC Inc posted:

What on earth besides Peter Dinklage could any person possibly want back from loving Destiny 1? Almost everything that was changed was for the better save for leaving behind the option to do 6v6 or "no cooldowns mode lol" for PvP

Raids that don't require an obscene amount of my time to complete every week and get all of the loot from

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Akuma posted:

And give us an alphabetical sort Jesus Christ it's a right faff to see at a glance if I have duplicates.

Use DIM, type "is:dupe" in the search bar in the upper right.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Use DIM, type "is:dupe" in the search bar in the upper right.
I don't have a second screen and DIM doesn't work in my phone browser so I'm going to keep hoping for an actual useful feature to be in the game and not some third party poo poo thanks

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Am I missing something with the Subclass missions, it sometimes feels like it is in the middle of a story and other times it is just a clip of Destiny 1 lore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Akuma posted:

I don't have a second screen and DIM doesn't work in my phone browser so I'm going to keep hoping for an actual useful feature to be in the game and not some third party poo poo thanks

Maybe you should upgrade your flip phone then because app.destinyitemmanager.com works fine on mobile devices.

Unless you're too busy being a crabby baby that is.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Akuma posted:

DIM was a god tier in Destiny 1 and nothing Bungie put out for D1 came close to being user friendly as DIM. You might be waiting for some time for something decent that's not third party.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Akuma posted:

If you refuse to use some "third party poo poo", I can't imagine how lovely your D2 experience is. DIM and Ishtar Commander are so much more polished and better than trying to manage your inventory in-game.

The best thing Bungie ever created for D1/D2 was the open API.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Maybe you should upgrade your flip phone then because app.destinyitemmanager.com works fine on mobile devices.

Unless you're too busy being a crabby baby that is.

Works like a charm! It also pops up a message saying my browser's not supported.

All I asked for was a way to better sort items in the vault, you don't have to deflect anything away from Bungie by pointing to third party tools. Like what goes though your mind to make you respond that way? "Be happy with what you have"? I don't get it. It's poo poo the way it is. "Newest", "Rarity" and whatever the third one is, none of those are particularly useful when you have a page of poo poo. Why can't we sort by slot, or type? It would be an hour's work.

qbert posted:

If you refuse to use some "third party poo poo", I can't imagine how lovely your D2 experience is. DIM and Ishtar Commander are so much more polished and better than trying to manage your inventory in-game.

qbert posted:

I didn't say I wouldn't use it, my point was that "I'd like this perfectly reasonable small quality of life feature to be in the actual game" shouldn't be met with "just use a third party tool." No, gently caress that, it should be in the game.

I use Ishtar Commander, but my specific use case of "I don't remember if I have this weapon already so I want to check if I have a lower power version to dismantle" isn't even solved in any way by that app because it has exactly the same problem!

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 2, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'll take a silly Ghost over meaningless technobabble machine anyday, but I think they should ratchet it back a bit to what it was like around The Taken King. Living in the player's backpack, liking this place better when it was dead, stuff like that.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I guess next time we could just agree with you and say "Yeah Bungie sure did design a lovely app and inventory UI interface in game" and not mention any alternative methods to helping you out. Sorry DIM wasn't the answer for you.

:shrug:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I haven't used the in game vault since DIM was available. I am using ishtar commander now though. I think bungie knows how bad the vault is and just doesn't give a poo poo because they have third party dudes making great apps.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emalde posted:

Raids that don't require an obscene amount of my time to complete every week and get all of the loot from

Can be done in a little over and hour if you aren't poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Akuma posted:

Works like a charm! It also pops up a message saying my browser's not supported.

All I asked for was a way to better sort items in the vault, you don't have to deflect anything away from Bungie by pointing to third party tools. Like what goes though your mind to make you respond that way? "Be happy with what you have"? I don't get it. It's poo poo the way it is. "Newest", "Rarity" and whatever the third one is, none of those are particularly useful when you have a page of poo poo. Why can't we sort by slot, or type? It would be an hour's work.

I didn't say I wouldn't use it, my point was that "I'd like this perfectly reasonable small quality of life feature to be in the actual game" shouldn't be met with "just use a third party tool." No, gently caress that, it should be in the game.

I use Ishtar Commander, but my specific use case of "I don't remember if I have this weapon already so I want to check if I have a lower power version to dismantle" isn't even solved in any way by that app because it has exactly the same problem!

:stare:

What the gently caress is this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CheeseFactory posted:

Unfortunately...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah my clan has it down now where if we aren't doing the entire raid + all chests in under 90 minutes we're clearly having an off night.

The fact that every encounter in the raid sans Gauntlets can be "1-phased" is much appreciated.