Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

How do I get vassals to give me occupied land back? Like if they can't core poo poo and I hosed myself out of anything good from a war?

Not possible, as far as I know. Hope your enemy re-sieges it so you can take it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Paradox please make make the Double Armed Man a unit type in the game. (make it categorically worse than any unit in its tech level.)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Chump Farts posted:

How do I get vassals to give me occupied land back? Like if they can't core poo poo and I hosed myself out of anything good from a war?

Transfer occupation?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tsyni posted:

Last patch notes said they reduced corruption for religious unity by a lot, didn't they? How is that playing out? I haven't played on the new patch yet.

Haven't played on the new patch yet cause I played a lot of Stellaris.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

verbal enema posted:

Transfer occupation?

that lets you give things to vassals, not take things from them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PleasingFungus posted:

that lets you give things to vassals, not take things from them.

didnt know if it went both ways phooey

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I started a game as Aragon and ... the Iberian wedding gave me Castille as a vassal? I thought it was always the other way around? What triggers this because I spent a lot of admin and AE biting chunks out of Castille that I apparently didn't have to ...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

double nine posted:

I started a game as Aragon and ... the Iberian wedding gave me Castille as a vassal? I thought it was always the other way around? What triggers this because I spent a lot of admin and AE biting chunks out of Castille that I apparently didn't have to ...

player's don't get put under PU's by event. if you play lithuania you get poland under the PU.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

double nine posted:

code:
# The Iberian Wedding
country_event = {
	id = flavor_spa.3716
	title = "flavor_spa.EVTNAME3716"
	desc = "flavor_spa.EVTDESC3716"
	picture = DIPLOMACY_eventPicture

major = yes

fire_only_once = yes

trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = SPA }
		OR = {
			AND = {
				tag = CAS
				NOT = { war_with = ARA }
				ARA = {
					exists = yes
					ai = yes
					was_player = no
					is_subject = no
					is_neighbor_of = ROOT
				}
			}
			AND = {
				tag = ARA
				NOT = { war_with = CAS }
				ai = no
				CAS = {
					exists = yes
					ai = yes
					was_player = no
					is_subject = no
					is_neighbor_of = ROOT
				}
			}
		}
		is_year = 1450
		NOT = { is_year = 1530 }
		is_subject = no
		num_of_cities = 10
		OR = {
			AND = {
				CAS = { is_female = yes }
				ARA = { is_female = no }
			}
			AND = {
				CAS = { is_female = no }
				ARA = { is_female = yes }
			}
			ARA = {
				ai = yes
				has_regency = yes
			}
			CAS = {
				ai = yes
				has_regency = yes
			}
		}
	}
Basically the year needs to be between 1450 and 1530, Spain and Aragon have to be at peace, and the two countries need to have rulers of opposite genders or either of them have a regency.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

MrBling posted:

The game is fine, but some people like to complain about the new systems of corruption and states/territories. It's a bit like when idiots were complaining about the forts.

We're not idiots because we dislike tacked on systems like Estates and Corruption, they're boring and annoying. Corruption extremely punishes some of the starts and poor/non euro tags without reason.
States is a good idea, but it's horribly unbalanced and there's poo poo hole states with 3 1/1/1 provinces vs some of the really reach euro states with 50+ development at game start.

Corruption is flat out dumb and Estates and States need some major balance to be fun and work.

The next step for EU4 has to be to tie some of these half assed systems together and make the game work properly again. Some more fixes to rivalry and missions would really help too.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

States is a good idea, but it's horribly unbalanced and there's poo poo hole states with 3 1/1/1 provinces vs some of the really reach euro states with 50+ development at game start.

And now you no longer need to full-core those lovely provinces. That's a point in favor of States/Territories over the old system, in my mind.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Tsyni posted:

Not possible, as far as I know. Hope your enemy re-sieges it so you can take it back.

Well sheeit. Is there a way to see any possible province my vassals can core? Such a waste of a war, but at least I'm trying to vassal feed now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really like Stellaris's tech system and I think it would be neat to have something similar in EU5. Instead of a linear deterministic model where everyone in the world learns new combat tactics at MIL 4, you only have a chance of learning new tactics, and that chance could be improved by various factors like your advisers or being at war. Or New World countries wouldn't get any techs that increase cavalry shock because what the heck are horses?? It would have to be balanced so that the impact of not getting certain techs wouldn't be so severe of course.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
They'd have to rebalance combat a whole bunch IMO but now that you mention it that actually does sound like it'd be a really interesting change. Johan mentioned that they want to change up the tech system anyway.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
EUV will be 2025's GOTY, calling it now.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Fister Roboto posted:

I really like Stellaris's tech system and I think it would be neat to have something similar in EU5. Instead of a linear deterministic model where everyone in the world learns new combat tactics at MIL 4, you only have a chance of learning new tactics, and that chance could be improved by various factors like your advisers or being at war. Or New World countries wouldn't get any techs that increase cavalry shock because what the heck are horses?? It would have to be balanced so that the impact of not getting certain techs wouldn't be so severe of course.

Maybe a system where, instead of being completely random, the developments you get are based on what you are using the most and resourses available. Like, if you rely heavly in infantry, your infantry as a higher chance of developing. If you are always pushing at you force limit, it got a higher chance of raising. If you got a lot of iron available, bigger chance for artillery. And that for everything: if you are trading a lot, if you are trading a lot overseas, if you are trading a lot of exotic resourses, if you use a lot of diplomacy etc

My biggest wish for EU5 is actually to have development (both technological and infrastructural) not almost exclusively based on MP whose primary source are your ruler, and instead also based and the structural conditions of your realm: population, literacy, income, resourses (which are would have to be less abstract of course, and not only things you trade around) etc. A bit more like Civ, in other words. But perhaps that's wishing too much.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 18, 2016

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

Well sheeit. Is there a way to see any possible province my vassals can core? Such a waste of a war, but at least I'm trying to vassal feed now.

They can core any province that their borders touch as well as any provinces that they share a sea zone with. You can also give them cores they own even if they don't match that criteria. You can also make a trail of provinces into enemy territory. Like if they share a border with one enemy province, you can give them that province and any other province that touches that enemy province and on and on.

I don't think colonization distance enters into it as a factor for vassals (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) so you can't give them far away coastal provinces.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Dibujante posted:

EUV will be 2025's GOTY, calling it now.

After releasing in 2022.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Maybe a system where, instead of being completely random, the developments you get are based on what you are using the most and resourses available. Like, if you rely heavly in infantry, your infantry as a higher chance of developing. If you are always pushing at you force limit, it got a higher chance of raising. If you got a lot of iron available, bigger chance for artillery. And that for everything: if you are trading a lot, if you are trading a lot overseas, if you are trading a lot of exotic resourses, if you use a lot of diplomacy etc

My biggest wish for EU5 is actually to have development (both technological and infrastructural) not almost exclusively based on MP whose primary source are your ruler, and instead also based and the structural conditions of your realm: population, literacy, income, resourses (which are would have to be less abstract of course, and not only things you trade around) etc. A bit more like Civ, in other words. But perhaps that's wishing too much.

The main thing I would want is to get away from the awful tech group system where non-Europeans are just bad at technology. I'd prefer a system where they just don't have the same opportunities to develop into certain fields as the Europeans. And this could go both ways, with Easterners developing gunpowder faster. And what you describe is kind of how Stellaris works. The techs that are available to you are semi-random, with the chances weighted based on various factors like your available resources and your society.

I agree that tying technology to monarch points was an interesting idea, but ultimately bad.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

oh man, voltaires nightmate is totally insane

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Jel Shaker posted:

voltaires nightmate

That's an interesting euphemism for Pimpette.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elias_Maluco posted:

This was one of my hopes for Development, too.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

The main thing I would want is to get away from the awful tech group system where non-Europeans are just bad at technology. I'd prefer a system where they just don't have the same opportunities to develop into certain fields as the Europeans. And this could go both ways, with Easterners developing gunpowder faster. And what you describe is kind of how Stellaris works. The techs that are available to you are semi-random, with the chances weighted based on various factors like your available resources and your society.

I agree that tying technology to monarch points was an interesting idea, but ultimately bad.

In EU5 I want to be able to zoom in on a farmer's field and help him milk cows or water his crops.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I've only just realised that a horde vassal will quite happily raze all the land you feed it, perhaps the best passive aggressive "gently caress you boss" ive had in this game from a vassal

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Chump Farts posted:

If you're not opposed to using the console to switch the occupation, you can use "control <province ID>" in the console. From http://www.eu4wiki.com/Console_commands

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So I was watching someone playing EU on youtube and he said he told his vassal to fabricate claims on a country. Is there actually a way to do that or did he just mean he rivaled that country, hoping the vassal would fabricate on them?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Elman posted:

So I was watching someone playing EU on youtube and he said he told his vassal to fabricate claims on a country. Is there actually a way to do that or did he just mean he rivaled that country, hoping the vassal would fabricate on them?

I am not sure of this is exactly how it works, but it seems like if you set provinces of vital interest then your vassals will fabricate claims on them.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Elman posted:

If you manage your attitude to a nation to "hostile," (it's in the diplomatic screen, the same tab as favors and trust) then the tooltip says that your vassals will fabricate claims. I'm not sure how effective it actually is though

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Tsyni posted:

I am not sure of this is exactly how it works, but it seems like if you set provinces of vital interest then your vassals will fabricate claims on them.

That might actually do the opposite, since your vassal will see it as though you want to annex those provinces yourself, so they won't bother claiming them. Don';t quote me on that though, I have no idea if it's true

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

super fart shooter posted:

That might actually do the opposite, since your vassal will see it as though you want to annex those provinces yourself, so they won't bother claiming them. Don';t quote me on that though, I have no idea if it's true

At the very least I am certain that setting them as provinces of interest doesn't discourage them because this is what I always do and they almost always fabricate claims on all of them.

It may just be that I happen to have hostile relations with those countries. I haven't seen a clear source on it, but it seems like they will fabricate claims on your rivals, and on same culture provinces. Setting the province of interest apparently helps too.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

super fart shooter posted:

If you manage your attitude to a nation to "hostile," (it's in the diplomatic screen, the same tab as favors and trust) then the tooltip says that your vassals will fabricate claims. I'm not sure how effective it actually is though

This has worked for me in the past. Set relations to hostile, checked back some years later and my vassal had fabricated claims on every province they bordered with the hostile country.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

in your diplomatic screen you can also select provinces of interest (red) in your enemy and often your vassal will fabricate claims on those (eventually)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing could possibly go wrong here.

edit
"The pope believed in him, and now we do too."
:roflolmao:

Poil fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 19, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Interesting DD about the DLC process: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-19th-of-may-2016.934528/#post-21217365

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Techchat: Victoria 2 has the best tech system imo

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What's the negative result with the Mare Nostrum content pack that he references?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Poil posted:

Nothing could possibly go wrong here.

edit
"The pope believed in him, and now we do too."
:roflolmao:

Adolf was a regular German name until the Nazis ruined it.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Bold Robot posted:

What's the negative result with the Mare Nostrum content pack that he references?

I think it refers to ahistorical units in several of the unit packs. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-finally-admit-this-content-packs-are-a-mess.924370/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

YF-23 posted:

Adolf was a regular German name until the Nazis ruined it.

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHlxqQkXFg

• Locked thread