Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

TY for correction!

CSPAM/FYAD/YOSPOS/BYOB are the non grey forums. But you write to us here, Vox. So I do not understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

WrenP-Complete posted:

TY for correction!

CSPAM/FYAD/YOSPOS/BYOB are the non grey forums. But you write to us here, Vox. So I do not understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjRd9h8xBiE

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh I see. Thank you for explanation!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Let's talk about the real story here:

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/840265345915006977

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/840289196837240832

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/840289373694263296

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

LMAO that's pretty good.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/840359121295618049

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Between the one person not getting a firearms charge and only some getting conspiracy charges I have no idea what to make of this poo poo other than the defendants are either going to win on appeals or end up serving a fraction of their sentences in exchange for not appealing.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Why the gently caress does "open season on liberals" Ehmer have a Nevada plate, if he lives in Hermiston?

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Don't read much into JJ's tweet. Federal criminal sentences can be complicated and the maximum length is not always handed out.

Ken White from the Popehat blog wrote a good article on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines which is quite informative

Still, very glad to see some convictions in these cases.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Zeond posted:

Don't read much into JJ's tweet. Federal criminal sentences can be complicated and the maximum length is not always handed out.

Ken White from the Popehat blog wrote a good article on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines which is quite informative

Still, very glad to see some convictions in these cases.

I was trying to link the second one- for some reason twitter links frequently seem to grab two at a time when they're in sequence.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ansel autisms posted:

Why the gently caress does "open season on liberals" Ehmer have a Nevada plate, if he lives in Hermiston?

Irrigon, actually. IMHO that whole area is all the proof anyone would ever need that the Army Depot did indeed leak over the decades.

(For those who don't know, there is an Army Depot there that used to store a loving lot of nerve gas.)

Pic of the bunkers:

TotalLossBrain has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Mar 11, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Irrigon, actually. IMHO that whole area is all the proof anyone would ever need that the Army Depot did indeed leak over the decades.

(For those who don't know, there is an Army Depot there that used to store a loving lot of nerve gas.)

Pic of the bunkers:

lmao I grew up there, right next door to the test bombing range

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Great post/av combo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Great post/av combo.

I'd be a liar if I said the two were unrelated

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Between the one person not getting a firearms charge and only some getting conspiracy charges I have no idea what to make of this poo poo other than the defendants are either going to win on appeals or end up serving a fraction of their sentences in exchange for not appealing.

Nah, it seems reasonable. Guilty verdicts for everyone on every charge you could find beyond a reasonable doubt.

Looking at:
https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/840287865267347456/photo/1

I'm guessing they couldn't find Ehmer or Ryan engaged in any sort of planning whatsoever, but definitely stole poo poo while they were there. There was no charge against Ehmer for firearms so presumably even the prosecution thought not everyone there was carrying, and there was no direct evidence of Ryan and Patrick being armed. Maybe they had a clear picture or video of Thorn carrying his weapon, or they confiscated a weapon on premises they could directly tie to him. And then they found there was some sort of clear planning on the part of Thorn and Patrick (did they take some sort of leadership or strategizing role?) beyond them simply showing up.

I'm glad they were found guilty, but I do hope their sentences aren't too long (but also not just probation or something) - and that they get the help the need while imprisoned.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm glad they were found guilty, but I do hope their sentences aren't too long (but also not just probation or something) - and that they get the help the need while imprisoned.

They have already cast themselves as martyrs and are planning to appeal.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Discendo Vox posted:

They have already cast themselves as martyrs and are planning to appeal.

Everyone appeals a conviction.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

nm posted:

I know, but I want to keep GlyphGryph from thinking that they, y'know, accept their guilt or that their actions were wrong or anything. This was a better outcome than the alternative, but it's not the end.

Discendo Vox has issued a correction as of 01:47 on Mar 13, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

nm posted:

Foreverly incarcerated Ross "mycrimes.txt" Ulbricht appealed his. I haven't ever followed up. I think it was all on ineffective counsel and the court not allowing CARL MARK FORCE IV corruption into the defense.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This new thread title is aces. My thanks to whomever is doing this.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Pic of the bunkers:

Irrigon just sounds like a nickname to mock eastern Oregon, yeesh.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Feds tazed Mumford at the end of the first trial but are now refusing to follow up.

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/841396016112779264

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

TotalLossBrain posted:

Feds tazed Mumford at the end of the first trial but are now refusing to follow up.

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/841396016112779264

I'm shocked they filed in the first place.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nm posted:

I'm shocked they filed in the first place.

Was that brought by one of the USAs that was just fired asked to resign?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

nm posted:

I'm shocked

So was Mumford!

Also, dropping charges seems to be what they did even then. Heeeeyyyyyy ooooh.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

hobbesmaster posted:

Was that brought by one of the USAs that was just fired asked to resign?

The US atty they got listed is "acting" for Eastern WA. So he's just the temp fill-in until the administration appoints the permanent atty.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

So was Mumford!

Also, dropping charges seems to be what they did even then. Heeeeyyyyyy ooooh.

Nicely done.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/844325036852822017

Nevada trial is still ongoing

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

When do the Bundys proper get their day in court. Ammon Bundy. When does he get to tell us what he knows about the negro from the witness stand?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Krinkle posted:

When do the Bundys proper get their day in court. Ammon Bundy. When does he get to tell us what he knows about the negro from the witness stand?

30 days after the current trial ends (which started in Feb and is expected to take 5 months)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm going to be curious about the NGs there- probably not enough tying the individual to the action.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm going to be curious about the NGs there- probably not enough tying the individual to the action.

At least they're concrete things that needed evidence like tampering with vehicles, rather than a acquitting them of any crime due to poor jury understanding.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

They were willing to die for the cause but they sure as poo poo ain't willing to go to jail lmao

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They were willing to die for the cause but they sure as poo poo ain't willing to go to jail lmao

With only a couple exceptions, it's more that they were willing for other people to die for the cause.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Willing to die for the cause, but not willing to go without snacks.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Willing to die for the cause, but not willing to go without snacks.

*Opens yet another package of dildos, sex lube, and sugar-free gummy bears*
"Goddammit why won't people take us seriously?!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is Ritzy in prison right now. Last I heard he was probably getting a couple of years.

"Daddy swore and oath. Now he lives in a cage with his new family, the Aryan Brotherhood!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Is Ritzy in prison right now. Last I heard he was probably getting a couple of years.

"Daddy swore and oath. Now he lives in a cage with his new family, the Aryan Brotherhood!"

Well, newish family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Undercover FBI agents posed as documentary filmmakers for a production titled “America Reloaded” to draw statements from the men who rushed to support rancher Cliven Bundy in his 2014 stand against the federal government.