Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i get the feeling OC comes in as the joker and as he slowly makes his way down the final 2 in the ring eliminate each other and OC retains without actually doing anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldskool posted:

i get the feeling OC comes in as the joker and as he slowly makes his way down the final 2 in the ring eliminate each other and OC retains without actually doing anything

MJF already won a match as the Joker without doing anything last year. Plus OC's reign hasn't been slacker in the ring that would be a weird finish all around.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ive seen people speculating about the roh commentary team outside of here, i have no idea what their plans are as the commentary booth was completely empty during both sets of roh tapings.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Caprice doing commentary in post from his bathroom at home

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

MJF already won a match as the Joker without doing anything last year. Plus OC's reign hasn't been slacker in the ring that would be a weird finish all around.

Yeah, Orange is going in as number 1, and probably will be in the final 2.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The entire story on Dynamite and over the past few weeks is OC defending this belt nonstop and finally running out of gas. Not sure how they’re going to tie that in during the battle royale, but it’s an easy story to branch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which is why I feel like him losing it in the battle royal would be a big mistake. Someone like a Jay White finally pouncing and exploiting him breaking down to get the pin would do way more for the belt and the new champion than winning a battle royal. I really hope it's not Khan not wanting to beat/pin OC and trying to weasel out of it by having him drop it in this match.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

Which is why I feel like him losing it in the battle royal would be a big mistake. Someone like a Jay White finally pouncing and exploiting him breaking down to get the pin would do way more for the belt and the new champion than winning a battle royal. I really hope it's not Khan not wanting to beat/pin OC and trying to weasel out of it by having him drop it in this match.

If it happens I bet he gets a break from TV before becoming the next MJF World Title program after Adam Cole

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact:

Before the Impact:
Brian Myers defeats Tyler Tirva
Tara Rising fights Seleziya Sparx to a no-contest after Masha Slamovich attacks both. Postmatch Masha challenges Killer Kelly to a dog collar match for Slammiversary

Bully Ray says he's going to win an 8-4-1 tournament at Against All Odds, and win the world title at Slammiversary. Steve Maclin interrupts and says they make a good team together but he's fine with defending against and beating him too if he must. Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) interrupt, Shelley's using his #1 contender shot at Maclin for Against All Odds. MCMG challenge Maclin and Bully to a tag match, they say not tonight; Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews) interrupt and say they have no problem fighting MCMG tonight
Eddie Edwards defeats Yuya Uemura. Postmatch Edwards refuses to shake Yuya's hand, Frankie Kazarian confronts him about it. Edwards tries fighting but Kazarian stands tall
Ohio Vs Everything (Sami Callihan and Jake Crist) defeat Decay (Black Taurus and Crazzy Steve). Postmatch the Design (Cody Deaner, Big Kon and Alan Angels) attack OVE, Rich Swann makes the save
Trinity defeats Savannah Evans. Postmatch Trinity challenges Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts title at Slammiversary. Savannah, Gisele Shaw and Jai Vidal attack them. Jordynne Grace tries making the save but gets overwhelmed and needs to be helped backstage
Jody Threat defeats Dani Luna
MCMG defeat Subculture. Postmatch the teams shake hands

Brian Myers says the Good Hands (Jason Hotch and John Skyler) will take the tag titles from Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) at Against All Odds
Bey defeats Hotch. Postmatch Brian and the Good Hands attack, and stand tall with the belts
Heath defeats Champagne Singh
Joe Hendry defeats Sheldon Jean. Postmatch Hendry calls out Dirty Dango, who distracts Hendry so Jean and Kenny King can attack. Santino Marella chases them off and takes out Jean
The Coven (KiLynn King and Taylor Wilde) retain the Knockouts tag titles over Death Dollz (Jessicka Havok and Courtney Rush)
Trey Miguel defeats Bhupinder Gujjar. Postmatch Trey brags about being the 2nd-longest-reigning X champ ever
Moose and Swann defeat Nick Aldis and Jonathan Gresham. Postmatch 7 of the 8 men in the 8-4-1 tournament (them, Heath, Bully, and PCO) brawl; PCO stands tall
Deonna and Kelly defeat Gisele and Masha

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Ive seen people speculating about the roh commentary team outside of here, i have no idea what their plans are as the commentary booth was completely empty during both sets of roh tapings.

Commentary has been clearly recorded later recently as they covered for Aussie Open still having the titles and Willow having won the Strong Women's belt, despite being taped before Dunkzilla and Mercedes getting injured.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I was hoping Slamovich/Kelly would get a bloody blow-off, and I’m glad they’re doing it!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What's an 8-4-1 tournament? Is that like, every match is a 4-way?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Drakkel posted:

What's an 8-4-1 tournament? Is that like, every match is a 4-way?

The final is a 4-way, the 8 goes to 4 in singles matches. They did one of these earlier this year (albeit unnamed).

e: Well, it turns out I was wrong! It's a two-stage match where two four-man Strange Bedfellows teams wrestle, and then the winning team wrestles in a four-way.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 1, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi might be injured
https://twitter.com/DeadlyRave/status/1664104092032180224

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Nooooo All the choco pros are getting injured

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Rampage, baby

Hijo de Vikingo retains the AAA Mega championship over Dralistico and Komander, insane match, go out of your way to watch it
Shibata retains the Pure belt over Moriarty, good technical style match although a little slow in spots for a crowd that was starting to get tired. Afterwards, Daniel Garcia came out and had a stare down with Shibata
Willow retains the Strong belt over Emi Sakura. Very good match, with them really beating the piss out of each other at times
ZSJ retains the NJPW TV belt over Action Andretti. Great match, I was impressed by Andretti, he did really well but eventually ZSJ did his body horror thing and moved all Action's limbs in ways they weren't supposed to go until Action gave up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Huh, I didn't see an injury during the match but maybe it happened at the finish or something

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

QoP with the run-in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH

Mark Briscoe defeats Anthony Henry
Action Andretti, Darius Martin and AR Fox defeat Trustbusters (Slim J, Jeeves Kay and Sonny Kiss)
Matt Sydal defeats Zack Clayton. Postmatch Sydal challenges Samoa Joe for the TV title
Tony Khan says the new onscreen Board of Directors are Jerry Lynn and Stokely Hathaway
The Embassy (Brian Cage and Gates of Agony [Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa]) defeat Cheeseburger, Eli Isom and Markus Cross
The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Mike Bennett) defeat El Cobarde and El Dragon
Kiera Hogan defeats Robyn Renegade. Postmatch Kiera attacks Athena with a cane
Skye Blue defeats Viva Van
Dark Order (Evil Uno, John Silver and Alex Reynolds) defeat Shane Taylor and WorkHorsemen (Henry and JD Drake)
Mercedes Martinez defeats Vert Vixen
Tony Nese defeats Serpentico
Lee Moriarty defeats Griff Garrison
Stokely tried and failed to ban lucha from ROH
Fenix defeats Gravity (Bandido's brother)
Nick Comoroto defeats Deimos
Stu Grayson and the Righteous (Vincent and Dutch) defeat Dalton Castle and the Boys. Castle appeared to have gotten legit hurt, was helped to the back while the finish was in progress
Joe retains the TV title over Sydal
Miranda Alize defeats Notorious Mimi
Iron Savages (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson) defeat Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams
Dralistico defeats Willie Mack
Willow Nightingale retains the New Japan women's Strong title over Rachael Ellering
Kyle Fletcher defeats Christopher Daniels
Diamante defeats Teal Piper
Athena defeats Trish Adora in a Proving Ground match (if Trish had won she'd receive a future women's title shot). Postmatch Kiera and Athena brawl despite security's efforts and go through a table
The Embassy retain the trios titles over Andretti, Martin and Fox

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 5, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

The Embassy (Brian Cage and Gates of Agony [Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa]) defeat Cheeseburger, Eli Isom and Markus Crane

Not surprised he lost having been dead for like a year and a half

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not surprised he lost having been dead for like a year and a half

Im guessing it was Markus Cross lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Fenix defeats Gravity

This ain’t a spoiler :dadjoke:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he was supposed to face pac but no showed for some reason

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Mike Bennett got extremely juiced and I am pretty sure it was unplanned

:siren: :nws::nws::nws: :siren:

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH

Mercedes Martinez defeats Vert Vixen

Vertvixen has music now

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH

Tony Khan says the new onscreen Board of Directors are Jerry Lynn and Stokely Hathaway

Stokely tried and failed to ban lucha from ROH

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Matches announced for the Impact tapings on Saturday:

-Steve Maclin & Bully Ray vs. Frankie Kazarian & Eddie Edwards
-Ohio Versus Everything vs. Brian Myers & the Good Hands
-Moose vs. Rich Swann
-Killer Kelly vs. Taylor Wilde
-Deaner vs. PCO in a street fight
-The Design vs. Jonathan Gresham & "Speedball" Mike Bailey
-Joe Hendry vs. Yuya Uemura

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Willow Nightingale and Maki Itoh defeat Emi Sakura and Megan Bayne
Daniel Garcia defeats DKC in a Pure rules match. Judges were Dean Malenko, Jerry Lynn and Christopher Daniels

Rampage:

Jeff Jarrett calls out Aubrey Edwards. Mark Briscoe announces a trios match has been signed: Jay Lethal, Jeff and Karen Jarrett vs Aubrey, Mark and Papa Briscoe
Bandido and Lucha Bros (Penta El Zero Miedo and Fenix) defeat Big Bill, Ethan Page and Lee Moriarty after the Hardys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) distract Ethan. Postmatch the Hardys and Isiah Kassidy celebrate with Lucha Bros and make Ethan do it too
Skye Blue defeats Nyla Rose, Britt Baker and Mercedes Martinez in a fatal fourway to earn a shot at Toni Storm's women's title next Dynamite
Powerhouse Hobbs squashes Caleb Crush
Billy Gunn and the Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens and Max Caster) defeat Spanish Announce Project (Angelico, Serpentico and Luther)

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Chris James 2 posted:

Skye Blue defeats Nyla Rose, Britt Baker and Mercedes Martinez in a fatal fourway to earn a shot at Toni Storm's women's title next Dynamite

Holy poo poo

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

Holy poo poo

For real, that's a massive win for her

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Holy poo poo

it makes sense, I don't think they would burn a defense for any of the others on a random Dynamite, but still big that she's in that position. good for her :unsmith:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Main Event Luther is BACK

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

putting Aubrey in an actual match is peak carny WWE poo poo, I do not like that lol

Megan Bayne being back is really huge, hope she gets more stuff on TV.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DLC Inc posted:

putting Aubrey in an actual match is peak carny WWE poo poo, I do not like that lol

Megan Bayne being back is really huge, hope she gets more stuff on TV.

She's a playable character unlock in the game. Only reason I assume it's happening.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

DLC Inc posted:

Has Papa Briscoe been in the ring much or should we chalk that to carny poo poo, too?

I'm really into it, regardless :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Has Papa Briscoe been in the ring much or should we chalk that to carny poo poo, too?

He teamed with his sons in ROH once

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

He was in one ROH match I can recall and it ruled. This is less WWE bullshit and more classic Memphis bullshit, which AEW handles a lot better when they do it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

harperdc posted:

it makes sense, I don't think they would burn a defense for any of the others on a random Dynamite, but still big that she's in that position. good for her :unsmith:

Nyla's whole gimmick is being the first title defense so I'm pretty shocked she didn't win

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

DLC Inc posted:

wrong. it’s peak carny PWG poo poo, which rules

https://youtu.be/tFn-FgHFOm4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont really like Aubrey being in a match but one time isn't gonna kill me. I'll just need to relax and give it a shot. I'm sure she was fine.