Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
My friend died to Skeleton Lords and we had to do it twice :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

His regular penis is tiny too I gave him an handy once for free Dewritos codes.

Hey now, I'm not the one named I Came I Came I Came

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My friend died to Skeleton Lords and we had to do it twice :cripes:

Lucky you, the skeleton lords are metal as gently caress and good good good.

Also super easy how'd he die?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I died to them the first time I ever fought them because I didn't understand how new skeletons spawned AND I spawned the bonewheels first.

revolther
May 27, 2008
NBA 2k series question: I've casually played the series back to at least 2k14 on PS3, is there​ something about my play style that makes me always get drafted to the Milwaukee Bucks in each game or is that just how the story in career mode goes?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snak posted:

I died to them the first time I ever fought them because I didn't understand how new skeletons spawned AND I spawned the bonewheels first.

Good. I'm glad you got to play that awesome boss twice.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lolololol

check this out

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

what?

This is what's wrong with america. People think that petitions A) work, and B) that this is how you make things great again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
skate 5

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Like, just look at this loving sentence, which is a bullet point:

quote:

* Utilizing the aspects of the original installments which made them loved by gamers would create an excellent platform for Dead Space 4.

Not only is it awkward as gently caress, but like... that's basically the definition of a sequel.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snak posted:

Not only is it awkward as gently caress, but like... that's basically the definition of a sequel.

Well its saying we don't need updated graphics. Just use the old ones and we will be happy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If that's what it's trying to say, it's not conveying it at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

Besides the obvious work of a person who thinks their favorite video game series has huge social implications, I wonder if it's a really simplistic attempt to get noticed by a game developer for hiring.

Edit: when I was in elementary school a friend wrote a letter to Tecmo saying they should totally make a Ninja Gaiden 3 and then there was one, and he took credit for it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Besides the obvious work of a person who thinks their favorite video game series has huge social implications, I wonder if it's a really simplistic attempt to get noticed by a game developer for hiring.

Edit: when I was in elementary school a friend wrote a letter to Tecmo saying they should totally make a Ninja Gaiden 3 and then there was one, and he took credit for it.

I'm sure it's just, like, a 14 year old.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Not gonna lie, although I'm dying laughing over here, I did in fact sign it. :ironicat:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Snak posted:

what?

This is what's wrong with america. People think that petitions A) work, and B) that this is how you make things great again.

Not defending this, but there was a petition to put dark souls 1 on PC and it made a difference. Although I doubt any of the actual words on it mattered, besides the fact that the number of signatures on it times the cost of a sale greatly exceeded what namco figured the cost of a port would be.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly attacking the vague and​ nonsensical wording of the petition. A petition that clearly states a single goal might have some value.

A petition that says:

A) Dead Space Games were good

B) A new Dead Space game would be good if it used the good parts of the previous dead space games

C) in additon to a new Dead Spce game, please remaster the old ones

Isn't even a coherent request.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

This whole discussion is more ridiculous than the petition itself now. It has now officially jumped the jumping of the shark of that dumb thing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I don't think even think I would want a Dead Space 4 anyways. I was pretty much checked out all throughout DS3. Dead Space 1 and 2 were real good though. Also isn't Visceral basically gutted and basically just a zombie-studio?

Plus we have Prey :toot:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Is the DLC for Bloodborne worth it and can it be played at most any level/weapon level? I'm getting far in BB and probably have another 10+ hrs left. I'm probably not going to play NG+ since I have so much else to do and I don't relish the thought of going through some certain areas again so soon, and if I ever wait too long I'll forget how to play and will creamed in NG+ anyways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The DLC is arguably the best part of the game and no it can't be done at any time, recommended level is 60+ and a decently upgraded weapon and it would still be very tough then.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's definitely worth it, and while it can be accessed pretty early, it's basically endgame level content, so starting it right before the final boss is just fine. The DLC bosses are harder than the final bosses of the vanilla game.

If you have bear Vicar Amelia, you can access the dlc.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Ok, I think i'm almost lvl 60. Although my Ludwig Sword is only +6 since I can't find Blood Chunks, maybe they'll start showing up pretty soon. I guess I'll see how leveled I am up at the end then and hopefully will be strong enough to do it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

When I was 7 or so in the early nineties I wrote a letter asking LEGO to make Star Wars and Back to the Future Lego sets so you're all welcome.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What's the most recent area you have done?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Xaris posted:

Ok, I think i'm almost lvl 60. Although my Ludwig Sword is only +6 since I can't find Blood Chunks, maybe they'll start showing up pretty soon. I guess I'll see how leveled I am up at the end then and hopefully will be strong enough to do it.

keep in mind the game will shunt you directly to NG+ after beating the last boss, unlike DS2 and DS3, so do it before then.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Injustice 2 has got the best facial animation system ever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Attitude Indicator posted:

keep in mind the game will shunt you directly to NG+ after beating the last boss, unlike DS2 and DS3, so do it before then.

I did this and was like "yay DLC time... wait what the gently caress?"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Bombadilillo posted:

Lucky you, the skeleton lords are metal as gently caress and good good good.

Also super easy how'd he die?

The Skeleton Lords are little bitches and the first thing I always do is knock down their dumbass Thrones.

He got Bonewheeled :cripes:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I also went in there with a great club and got bone wheeled hard once I killed all three lords in seconds and was confused why this pinwheel boss' lifebar wasn't gone.

I was the Pinwheel

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
So... if I were to take the plunge on a Souls type game is Bloodbourne makes sense as a place to start?

I'm not a massive fan of the grimdark fantasy, but that doesn't stop me enjoying Diablo and I always thought the combat and gameplay wouldn't be my thing, but watching a couple of vids after wathich a bit of The Surge I'm liking how slow and deliberate it seems, so maybe worth a shot. The biggest draw for me is hearing people talk about the level/world/map design and how everything is a connected part of a single cohesive world. That's very my poo poo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Gravy Jones posted:

So... if I were to take the plunge on a Souls type game is Bloodbourne makes sense as a place to start?

I'm not a massive fan of the grimdark fantasy, but that doesn't stop me enjoying Diablo and I always thought the combat and gameplay wouldn't be my thing, but watching a couple of vids after wathich a bit of The Surge I'm liking how slow and deliberate it seems, so maybe worth a shot. The biggest draw for me is hearing people talk about the level/world/map design and how everything is a connected part of a single cohesive world. That's very my poo poo.

I think bloodborne is probably the friendliest, although don't misunderstand me; it's not welcoming in the least. But it's character customization stuff is a little less opaque than previous games. It also plays faster in general and you are given a smaller pool of more interesting equipment to sort through as opposed to souls' 10 different variations on the longsword, all ever so slightly different and then a slew of other weapon types, almost all of which themselves have very slightly different variants.

That said, melee in bloodborne might be easier than melee in souls, but being a spellcaster in souls is decidedly the easiest of easy modes. Also, the opening area of Bloodborne is definitely the hardest opening area in the series.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The combat in Bloodborne is definitely not 'slow and deliberate'.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bloodborne and Nioh are by far my favourite souls type games (though Nioh walks a lot further into ninja gaiden territory once you understand the game mechanics). Bloodborne's trick weapons are clever and fun to use. I don't love the environment because it's a bit oppressive, but the game is fun to play and very difficult without making me incredibly angry.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sakurazuka posted:

The combat in Bloodborne is definitely not 'slow and deliberate'.

Does that depend on weapon type? Videos I've watched seem relatively slow compared to other styles of combat type games (Platinum type stuff etc), especially the big wind up animation a lot of the attacks have. I guess it's all relative and I'll find out for myself.

Edit: Bah, not on sale at the moment. DS3 is like £12, but don't think I want to start with that.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 18, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gravy Jones posted:

Does that depend on weapon type? Videos I've watched seem relatively slow compared to other styles of combat type games (Platinum type stuff etc), especially the big wind up animation a lot of the attacks have. I guess it's all relative and I'll find out for myself.

I use kirkhammer which is a huge smashy thing that is slow but hits like a truck. The thing is it transforms into a one handed sword that is fast as hell and I have a shotgun in my other hand for blasting fools.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Gravy Jones posted:

Edit: Bah, not on sale at the moment. DS3 is like £12, but don't think I want to start with that.

Bloodborne will feel slow compared to a platinum game but compared to the other souls games it's really pretty fast.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

the combat is fast paced compared to dark souls, but still slower than for example nier:a and similar action games.
bloodborne is a good intro to the series. it's more streamlined with regards to rpg mechanics and has a more novel setting than dark souls. it's the game that got me into the series.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Failboattootoot posted:

Bloodborne will feel slow compared to a platinum game but compared to the other souls games it's really pretty fast.

Ah right. Yeah. The pace in general looks OK for me. Can't play platinum type stuff for poo poo, beyond button mashing. I shall go hunting for a cheap physical copy this weekend I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
First area is EXTREMELY difficult and off-putting, I bounced off the game twice before a successful third attempt.