Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Fangz posted:

I wonder if Gillite wood's economy uses barter.

I'm pretty sure the Gillite economy runs on whimsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
It runs on naming things. If I wanted a marble from that Chickcharney I would have to let it name a room in my house or my next child.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
The court is lucky Smith is being nice to the chickcharny:

quote:

Neville Chamberlain the former British Prime Minister is said to have been a victim of the chickcharnies. Sent at the age of 21 to manage his father’s sisal plantation in Mastic Point, he is reputed to have scoffed at the chickchrney legend. The plantation failed, Chamberlain returned to Britain and became Prime Minister, he later met with Adolph Hitler in an attempt to maintain “peace in our time” but the result was World War II.
source

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

That marble is conspicuously red, blue, and yellow. I wonder who else lives in the forest who sports a red/blue/yellow color scheme, and perhaps would enjoy messing with the new guy?

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Slug hair is awesome.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Oh my God, that last panel is killing me.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
This whole page is a thing of beauty. Gnome-wife would make someone an amazing avatar.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
The forest creatures are the best. I hereby petition Tom stop making Gunnerkrigg Court and start on Gillitie Wood featuring Annie and Smitface instead.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
It appears the mysterious reason the Headmaster had for picking Smitty for the job was being a better judge of character than Jones.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Oh, Smitty. :allears:

Heatwizard posted:

That marble is conspicuously red, blue, and yellow. I wonder who else lives in the forest who sports a red/blue/yellow color scheme, and perhaps would enjoy messing with the new guy?
Red, blue and yellow? Good heavens, you think Superman is messing with him?! Sure, there's precedent...

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Good luck with that one, Smits. (Watch a husband be chilling in the bushes nearby.)

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked.

I have to admit, I'm getting pretty tired of Homestuck girl up there. Wonder if I should cough up five bux?

e: Haha, oh my god avatar fairy, thank you so much!

Daktar fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 29, 2013

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Smitface Smuckles: He Gets Things Done.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

The forest people disapprove of your posting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna pretend that's actually a cameo appearance by Todd the Squirrel and he's actually looking for his stash of cocaine.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A happy squirrel.

The happiest squirrel!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Smitty you're in trouble now.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

I'm hoping it's something alarming but ultimately non-threatening, like the fairies are in thrall to the charms of Mighty Eyebrows Boy and are chasing him down to... uh... woo him.

Not exactly what I envisioned but maybe close enough!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I think the funniest thing about this exchange is how easy it is for Smitty.

"Oh man, how am I going to find a stash of nuts in a forest? Surely it would be impossible to... Oh, here it is."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

M.c.P posted:

I think the funniest thing about this exchange is how easy it is for Smitty.

"Oh man, how am I going to find a stash of nuts in a forest? Surely it would be impossible to... Oh, here it is."

We need a four leaf clover to break a magic spell! No worries, here's one right here.

I have to assume any clover Smitty picks just sprouts leaves until it gets to four.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm going to guess that Annie is just standing back with her arms crossed, knowing what's coming, and grinning her head off. She can see a pattern developing even if Smitty can't.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna pretend that's actually a cameo appearance by Todd the Squirrel and he's actually looking for his stash of cocaine.

Todd's not grey. It might be Blister?

And I'm retroactively a little sad that it's a grey squirrel in the first place, considering they're an invasive species in Britain. Although I guess so is Coyote...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Phy posted:

And I'm retroactively a little sad that it's a grey squirrel in the first place, considering they're an invasive species in Britain. Although I guess so is Coyote...

Grey squirrels are pretty much the only species of squirrel in Britain at this point. I've never seen a red one in the wild.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tenebrais posted:

Grey squirrels are pretty much the only species of squirrel in Britain at this point. I've never seen a red one in the wild.

They are actually making a come back in Cumbria at the moment, at least according to a headline on a Cumbrian Life magazine I saw in the shop last week.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
That squirrel doing the "oh gosh" face is adorable.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Rumda posted:

They are actually making a come back in Cumbria at the moment, at least according to a headline on a Cumbrian Life magazine I saw in the shop last week.

I've seen one there before. I think the lake district was one of the last few places they lived in England. They're also quite common on the Isle of Wight, apparently.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sorry gnome lady, Smitface is getting married to George and that's just how it's going to be.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
So I totally get why the court chose Smitty as medium to the forest now.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Phy posted:

Todd's not grey. It might be Blister?

You know, it is weird. If the annan waters are in dumfries and you mostly only get- WAIT A SECOND

:ms:

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

scary ghost dog posted:

So I totally get why the court chose Smitty as medium to the forest now.

I'd be really surprised if Coyote doesn't wind up stealing trinkets and moving poo poo around in the forest just to waste all of Smitty's time.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

The first thing I thought of:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mike Danger posted:

The first thing I thought of:

Yes! That is exactly the panel that I thought of!

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Well, Tom is an Achewood fan.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Daktar posted:

Well, Tom is an Achewood fan.
Everyone is an Achewood fan.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Never read Achewood myself. Is there a larger version of that? I can't read the dialogue.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Here's one.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Geomancing posted:

Never read Achewood myself. Is there a larger version of that? I can't read the dialogue.

Achewood rules but it's the opposite of this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
For your files:

e: (Read some achewood)

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The Sin of Onan posted:

The forest people disapprove of your posting.

If no one has taken the fetching lady on the right, I might finally get myself an avatar. There's just something about the look of her that I love :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

If no one has taken the fetching lady on the right, I might finally get myself an avatar. There's just something about the look of her that I love :3:

I think Smitty just solved her problem.