Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

Libluini posted:

I'm still waiting for a new Etrian Odyssey on the Switch, btw

edit: perfect snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hbag posted:

give me money

i dont think so hbag

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Libluini posted:

I'm still waiting for a new Etrian Odyssey on the Switch, btw

:same:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Zelda at 60fps was p dope on my PC when I played it before getting a switch but I turned it off because some mission was bugged because poo poo floats faster at 60fps than 30.

What's more dope than 60fps Zelda is playing it again on my couch with absolutely no hassle and seamlessly switching ot handheld mode or putting it on the table in front of me so I can play while watching something else on the TV.

As for whining about boring poo poo like framerate theres way more to making a game look good than that poo poo who loving cares Nintendo owns because it's the first time in like almost a decade for me that games have gone back to being colorful and fun instead of drab tedious affairs.

I can't wait to try Kirby.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I buy games for my Switch, including games I've already bought like twice (Stardew Valley :dance:), because I like them and I can afford it. I pirate games for my 3DS because half the time I already did buy them like ten years ago, and also because getting them is a hassle and they're all really expensive, and I'd rather have the 3DS that I bought because my old one died just never had anything to do with my Nintendo account and it's easy to pirate games for it.
I'm actually pretty sure the same thing is going to happen in another ten years, when I'll buy whatever the new thing is and buy the new games for that, and also get an extra Switch to put (only) pirated games on, and that will also be a combination of things I bought a while ago on the Switch eShop that'll have been closed in ten years and things I never happened to get but feel like trying.

This all seems reasonable to me, idk.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

EvilJoven posted:

Zelda at 60fps was p dope on my PC when I played it before getting a switch but I turned it off because some mission was bugged because poo poo floats faster at 60fps than 30.

What's more dope than 60fps Zelda is playing it again on my couch with absolutely no hassle and seamlessly switching ot handheld mode or putting it on the table in front of me so I can play while watching something else on the TV.

As for whining about boring poo poo like framerate theres way more to making a game look good than that poo poo who loving cares Nintendo owns because it's the first time in like almost a decade for me that games have gone back to being colorful and fun instead of drab tedious affairs.

I can't wait to try Kirby.

Zelda needs more beige and greys

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I pirate everything but Nintendo games

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
been playing Super Mario World to completion for the first time on the Switch. It slaps

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It is my birthday and I'm getting a Switch OLED and ain't nobody that can stop me

Edit: And playing it handheld merely feet away from my TV

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 28, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Morpheus posted:

It is my birthday and I'm getting a Switch OLED and ain't nobody that can stop me

Hey it's me from a month ago! Feels good dude, I approve.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Discussion of the morality of piracy or whatever is better suited in its own thread if you want to talk about it.

Otherwise I don't care if you pirate or not, as long as you're talking about Switch games and whatnot.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bushisms.txt posted:

Started into mdickie wrestling and the tutorial has me cackling already. Back in the n64 days, my friends and i would see who could make the most annoying entrance, but mdickie let's you control it completely.

https://streamable.com/fimkes

Best wrestling game ever

I wish I had the kind of free time I did back in middle school because this is a dream I didn't know I had come true.

But I still delight in seeing developers follow their mad dreams from afar.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I have to wait a few weeks to get Kirby, and I want Mouthful Mode NOW! :colbert:

Mega64 posted:

Discussion of the morality of piracy or whatever is better suited in its own thread if you want to talk about it.

Otherwise I don't care if you pirate or not, as long as you're talking about Switch games and whatnot.

To clarify, the rules of the forums have generally been "Mentioning that you pirated something is fine, providing links or instructions on how to pirate it is not", right?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

im telling nintendo

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Morpheus posted:

Been doing the same thing ever since I got my Switch OLED. Even though I have the LG C1 OLED right there.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

kirby? heh... let's just say hes yesterdays news muchachos

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the best way to play botw is on cemu, where you can crank up the resolution and make it so all weapons have infinite durability :twisted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just posting to confirm, is the new application of folders really so poorly implemented that I have to scroll past the two screens where I would want folders to get to my folders?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lifehack: press left

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You should be able to press L on the main screen and bring up folders smh

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I will pay an inordinate amount of money to have Kirby do all his Smash Bros Ultimate moves on enemies, including grapples and rapid punches, in Forgotten Land game.

Let me suplex Meta Knight, HAL. :homebrew:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know it's easy as poo poo but it really would be best to have complete control over how your games are displayed from moment one. Want the current style? Sure, go ahead. Want your folders to be shown first and foremost? You can choose that, too.

Want to simply move your game titles around as you see fit, even without folders? That should be allowed, too, just how it works in the NES/SNES/N64/Genesis apps.

:shrug:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Palmtree Panic posted:

Been doing the same thing ever since I got my Switch OLED. Even though I have the LG C1 OLED right there.

I do the same thing, encouraged because my dog is super reactive to the TV, she thinks it's real and certain characters moving around sets her off. Monster Hunter is a big offender, and strangely Divinity Original Sin 2, but only when the tiny squirrel dude is moving around onscreen.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Read After Burning posted:

I have to wait a few weeks to get Kirby, and I want Mouthful Mode NOW! :colbert:

To clarify, the rules of the forums have generally been "Mentioning that you pirated something is fine, providing links or instructions on how to pirate it is not", right?

Yeah. I mean it's probably best just not to say you're pirating anything in general as a cover-your-rear end move, but if a game leaks early or whatever I think it's fine to give impressions and stuff if you happen to play it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

You should be able to press L on the main screen and bring up folders smh

yah seems like a very easy fix so Nintendo will probably do it in 2057

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know it's easy as poo poo but it really would be best to have complete control over how your games are displayed from moment one. Want the current style? Sure, go ahead. Want your folders to be shown first and foremost? You can choose that, too.

Want to simply move your game titles around as you see fit, even without folders? That should be allowed, too, just how it works in the NES/SNES/N64/Genesis apps.

:shrug:

think of how many kids/morons are using the switch, you don’t wanna give them too much choices tbh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The upgrade x 2 fire ability is broken lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

The upgrade x 2 fire ability is broken lol

Dragon Fire is probably the second most OP ability in the game, yes (the first being the final sword upgrade you get from beating the game’s EX Mode)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bust Rodd posted:

Just posting to confirm, is the new application of folders really so poorly implemented that I have to scroll past the two screens where I would want folders to get to my folders?

Yeah, but you can add games to multiple folders as well... which is the one benefit of doing things in that regard.

I have a folder of co-op games that I can play with my kid, for example... I also have a folder of games we're currently playing through, with some overlap between the two.

One of the things I don't like about the PS4/PS5 folder structure is that everything always lives in the folder. I like how the switch pops up with the last 10 games you've opened, which are the games I am clicking on 99% of the time.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
What's a good third party n64 controller that works on the switch? I just got the n64 online thing but it seems hard to find the official n64 switch controller now

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

no you can just press left

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Ice is actually the most OP ability, excepting possibly any post-game abilities.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kirby's a pretty beefy game if you're going for 100%. I just finished the winter zone and my file only says 43% complete. what on earth??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Macaluso posted:

Kirby's a pretty beefy game if you're going for 100%. I just finished the winter zone and my file only says 43% complete. what on earth??

There's hidden rifts on the overworld

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

There's hidden rifts on the overworld

I've found all of those so far! I just got to the other continent

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's also a pretty beefy-looking post-game area that I think accounts for a good chunk of the final percentage.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby is easy breezy and is just what I needed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

hatty posted:

Kirby is easy breezy and is just what I needed

Kirby is easy and colorful and very lighthearted and cute. But it also has the bonus objectives and some of those can be pretty challenging. Not getting hit by Dedede turns the fight into a real fight, even if you cheese it with the stronger powers (at the point I'm at of course, maybe if you wait til post game it's different). You have to actually do the mechanics of the fight if you're trying to avoid getting hit. And doing the trial stages under the time limit can be really tough.

It's just a delightful game. It's also just a nice pallet cleanser after Elden Ring. I'm glad it came out like a month later so I could just dive crazy hard into Elden Ring, then come out and have a nice relaxing time with Kirby

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just started my hunt for a PS5, so I'll probably be doing the opposite, doing Kirby and Triangle Strategy, then Elden Ring.

Currently in the middle of the ice area and I love the stage aesthetics so far. Not sure how I feel about some of the hat designs, but overall they're quite cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Listen up the hat is just an visual allegory for the soul that was stolen.
It's horror