Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can’t really imagine listening to it not in order, and the first season is so good. If it’s not sticking, it might just not be for you.

I’ll throw it back on my list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Some select bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPMObvtcPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l0O030yWg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qawi59Vwymo

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zach and jess are so loving good on hollywood masterclass

the entire conceit of this season is great

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

eke out posted:

zach and jess are so loving good on hollywood masterclass

the entire conceit of this season is great

It's really good, but I'm kinda pissed that there hasn't been more Cowboy TV

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i want my cowboy tv

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Tried to listen to a podcast on the stitcher app and the now playing bar won't pop up so I have no way to start the episode from the beginning. I'm thoroughly owned and deserve it for supporting this company.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The sticher app is so god awful. Now that I can give Big Grande 15 bucks and get old Teachers Lounge episodes, all of my problems have been solved.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i was almost 100% sure I had cancelled but a month or two back it auto renewed annually again (with no email or anything to let me know they had billed me ofc) so I am trapped in hell for another year

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Yeah that was my experience too until I reached out directly to their customer support to explicitly cancel even though I had done so already on my account. Might just be a shady SiriusXM-like tactic to auto rollover everybody unless you raise a stink.

I've been happy spending that money on The Flagrant Ones Patreon instead. I had an issue with my feed and Andy helped me out and was real sweet, support those dudes if you can.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Kevin has gotta fix those audio levels, though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Consummate Professional posted:

Kevin has gotta fix those audio levels, though.

This is not a bit, but I'm listening to In Myers we trust and I don't know if it is some production techniques, their mics, or something else, but all of Gourley's podcasts (super ego, I was there too, pistol shrimps, etc) all sound... softer? Smoother? than other shows. Just something I'm noticing or have willed myself to believe.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I didn't listen to it, but apparently Scott, Kulap, and Lauren were on Arden Myrin's podcast and Scott teased some "big news" regarding Comedy Bang Bang that he can't talk about until Monday's episode.

It's hard to imagine CBB leaving Earwolf and going independent like so many other podcasts have, but it's hard to think of what else it might be referring to.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maybe Kulap is finally pregnant

not sure what it has to do with the show but that would be big news

lala da vinci
Oct 9, 2012
i believe in scott cum, it rocks!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Countdown to Cake Boss NFT

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1438967152451543042

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

EL BROMANCE posted:

Countdown to Cake Boss NFT

Paul Fungible Token

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

GoutPatrol posted:

This is not a bit, but I'm listening to In Myers we trust and I don't know if it is some production techniques, their mics, or something else, but all of Gourley's podcasts (super ego, I was there too, pistol shrimps, etc) all sound... softer? Smoother? than other shows. Just something I'm noticing or have willed myself to believe.

Guyers mentions in a Q&A pod he uses a specific kind of mic because he wants that effect. It's real.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Guyers mentions in a Q&A pod he uses a specific kind of mic because he wants that effect. It's real.

It seems to be a Sennheiser 945. Nothing fancy but he does sound pretty good. It's a supercardiod mic which means it has a pretty narrow pic up pattern. I wonder if that forces him to be more on mic and adds to the proximity effect.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They did him dirty not mentioning his supporting role in There Will Be Blood.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Wow, Comedy Bang Bang is starting a Patreon.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
According to the announcement the free feed will continue as normal, the archives will move to the Patreon, and they'll be doing a bunch of additional mini-shows. The first one will be a spin-off of the TMNT series where Scott and Shaun Diston (as Sprague the Whisperer) watch movies that Shaun loved growing up that Scott has never seen that starts in October. They said they'll announce another of the new shows next week too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm already subscribed to like 3 comedy podcast patreons which I think is my limit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

yeah I'm getting close to were I'm giving as much money to Patreon as I'm paying for my cable/internet.

Depends on the tiers I guess because I'm a little pay pig to the la comedy scene

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At this point I'm expecting How Did This Get Made to jump ship sometime in the near future too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

They did him dirty not mentioning his supporting role in There Will Be Blood.

we gain nothing by losing our heads!

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Scott did the right thing by stopping being involved in Earwolf management.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I feel like the only thing that makes sense if you listen to a bunch of podcasts that have patreons is to subscribe to them sequentially rather than in parallel and just going through the backlog of the various shows as you get to them. Dropping all that money to listen to them as they come out every week just seems nuts to me.

Earwolf was such a great deal, RIP.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think I like the Big Grande way the best, give them some money and you get the complete run of a show as it comes out and it's yours "forever". I've never done a patreon for podcasts, is it easy enough to extract the files from it? Every so often I'll listen to something old on a whim, but I don't really want to pay a subscription fee for that and would rather just have the files locally.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think I like the Big Grande way the best, give them some money and you get the complete run of a show as it comes out and it's yours "forever". I've never done a patreon for podcasts, is it easy enough to extract the files from it? Every so often I'll listen to something old on a whim, but I don't really want to pay a subscription fee for that and would rather just have the files locally.

with podcast addict it's extremely easy. I download locally too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah patreon gives you a RSS feed so you could just subscribe for a month, download them all to whatever device you listen on, then unsubscribe and they'll still be saved.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I usually binge a bunch of episodes from Patreons, then cancel or drop my tier for a while.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Awesome, time to expand the library! Thanks all.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who is left of the Earwolf OGs? HDTGM?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I4H. But now that Brett's a freelancer I can't see Besser sticking around for long.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Maybe all these disparate shows on Patreon should band together, form some kind of network. They could call it Ear-something; “ear” because of podcasting, and the something could be an animal. Not “cat” though, cats are solitary. Maybe a social animal, one that forms groups or perhaps packs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Maybe all these disparate shows on Patreon should band together, form some kind of network. They could call it Ear-something; “ear” because of podcasting, and the something could be an animal. Not “cat” though, cats are solitary. Maybe a social animal, one that forms groups or perhaps packs

yes, The Boys should bring back wolf cool and become Scott’s boss

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Scott’s always been coy about the origin of the name, but I always assumed it’s a play off of Dick Wolf Productions. I remember a Jon Daly character making a joke about it and Scott trying to direct him away from that connection.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Maybe make an app that's named after the noise that animal makes, to host all of the shows online in one place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The Widow Meow-App