Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I just want to apologize for my comment earlier if it offended anyone. I had no idea what the situation was until someone was kind enough to PM me and let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember when Bennett did an Elfen Lied abridged series before focusing on video game reviews. It seems to be lost to time, though I wouldn't put it past someone to have made a copy.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Armored Skeptic for his part seemed to have a sense of humour about it. One of the top comments on that vid is him going "Hey, I know one of those assholes! :v:"

He thinks feminism is as much religion as christianity. He can go gently caress himself, the misogynistic egotistical prick.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Balthesar posted:

I like and subscribe to Kim Justice but even with video evidence I can't believe it's a woman. Like I watched the video twice, parts of it with my eyes closed, and had a third party also do the same. That voice!

She's trans, you idiot.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
He already apologized

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baka-nin posted:

Don't leave me hanging.

http://aeternalae.wikia.com/wiki/Aeternal_Pledged

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

These guys are a fun mix of "deluded hardcore wankers" and "fetishists wanting their rocks off". I met the fella behind it years ago.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Annointed posted:

He thinks feminism is as much religion as christianity. He can go gently caress himself, the misogynistic egotistical prick.

I'm still mad that he stole his animated avatar from french comic supervillain (and all around coolguy) Monsieur Choc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Annointed posted:

Oh I knew that. He and ShoeOnHead or whatever her name is are all sorts of hosed up together. I was just saying in that one brief instance, he took what could have been a direct swipe at him with good humor, unlike how 99% of all other MRAs tend to do and issue a loving fatwah over it. It doesn't excuse what a huge shitstain he is the rest of the time.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh I knew that. He and ShoeOnHead or whatever her name is are all sorts of hosed up together. I was just saying in that one brief instance, he took what could have been a direct swipe at him with good humor, unlike how 99% of all other MRAs tend to do and issue a loving fatwah over it. It doesn't excuse what a huge shitstain he is the rest of the time.

Despite telling their videos I'm not interested youtube recommendations, they still keep popping up. I blame hbomberguy. Still, it's a small price I pay gladly to see those weirdos called out on their terrible logic and horrible worldviews. But I will admit that the titles they come up with can be funny in that sad way. That woman you mentioned seems to have a real chip on her shoulder about the wage gap she's so adamant that doesn't exist.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Kim Justice just recently made a video explaining that she was transgender, explicitly because she was sick of being asked about it over and over and over again. Youtube comments are always trash but it's still amazing that some people replying are saying things like "why even make a big deal about it, it's not an achievement to be transgender" when she literally says in the video that she doesn't think it matters with regards to her channel and is only making this video so people will stop questioning her over it constantly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
MovieBob got a new job! No, his production values have not improved as a result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kol6rHs5RtQ

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Ghostbusters midnight screenings is up. It's "meh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5nn2YxW1w

Also, wow, good job Miss Wallace, I just saw on Twitter that you ended sexism by brainwashing Brad during the showing!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jsor posted:

Also, wow, good job Miss Wallace, I just saw on Twitter that you ended sexism by brainwashing Brad during the showing!

I thought Brad said he wasn't going to watch Dog Fucker 2016?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Holy poo poo, the the "Next time on Baywatch" from the latest Baywatching absolutly killed me:

"Mitch is held hostage by an escaped convict" - Par for the course for a '90 sitcome
"Meanwhile, Summer, Slate and eyebrows take on a giant octopus" - :allears: God bless you, Baywatch

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Jsor posted:

I only brainwashed him into a "meh," my brainwashing powers aren't what they used to be!

e X posted:

Holy poo poo, the the "Next time on Baywatch" from the latest Baywatching absolutly killed me:

It was truly the swan song Jimmy Slade deserved.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How far are we from the "mitch wrestles an alligator" episode?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I like Joe, but his movie reviews are pretty bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4
I appreciate his passion, but god he can get way too wound up about it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Phelous has pretty subdued feelings on it.

Seems like Hemsworth being a physical manifestation of Slimer from the era when Slimer took over the franchise is going to be most people's biggest problem with the film.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Phelous has pretty subdued feelings on it.

Seems like Hemsworth being a physical manifestation of Slimer from the era when Slimer took over the franchise is going to be most people's biggest problem with the film.

I dunno, I don't know that many people who would gently caress Slimer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Or Hulk Hogan?

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Or Hulk Hogan?

Hogan is season 6, alligator is 7 I think?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Walt Hickey on 538 put out a pretty good article on how online review aggregation is broken using Ghostbusters as an example:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ghostbusters-is-a-perfect-example-of-how-internet-ratings-are-broken/

He had an earlier article as well about how men significantly bias user review scores on IMDB http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-sabotaging-the-online-reviews-of-tv-shows-aimed-at-women/
(Can we please ignore his one sentence portrayal of the AVGN as a "misogynistic web series" based on James Rolfe's refusal to see Ghostbusters? Please?)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wont. Rolfe is cool. gently caress these assholes. Rolfe isn't anywhere near as cringy as some of these critics throwing a bitch fit about a movie that's okay at best.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

CelticPredator posted:

I wont. Rolfe is cool. gently caress these assholes. Rolfe isn't anywhere near as cringy as some of these critics throwing a bitch fit about a movie that's okay at best.

The article didn't really have anything to do with whether or not the movie in his opinion was good, more about how you can get wildly different impressions of the film's quality because there are wildly different aggregate review scores for the same film on different sites and even using slightly different filtering metrics on those same sites. I really shouldn't have mentioned the line, I was only trying to prevent people from focusing on that sentence instead of the article. He only wrote a single sentence about him in the entire article, and it was in a paragraph about how all demographics like stuff that isn't really high art (with the AVGN used as an example of one such show listed on IMDB for the male demographic). Instead I just predictably drew more attention to it.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 16, 2016

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Augus posted:

Hey, look what showed up in my subscription feed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5DAQlmJ4q0

...oh dear.

Something must be in the air (or the DVDs just came out) since Ralph has a new video on Batman v. Superman too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY

(Spoilers: he hates it.)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Augus posted:

Hey, look what showed up in my subscription feed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5DAQlmJ4q0

...oh dear.

"Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."

"...But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie..."

I want someone to explain to me the context of why that doesn't mean what I think it is at face value. gently caress Zack Snyder.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is he saying that if the movie were about him instead of batman then he would get raped in prison instead of having a cool adventure, but because batman's cool that never happens to batman?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

He's saying that Batman goes to prison and is able to fight off everyone and then go on a cool adventure because he's a power fantasy in which harsh rules of reality don't apply but they may apply in his film. He just used an extremely dark example. More likely if a white dude started poo poo in a foreign prison he'd probably just end up shanked then buried in a ditch anonymously.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Or this is the same Zack Snyder that thinks that Rorschach is loving AWESOME and doesn't get that he's the avatar of insane right-wing bullshit. I'm inclined to believe that Snyder probably actually wants to see Bruce get pinned down by a bunch of guys and well... yeah.

I mean. He also directed 300 and Suckerpunch so I do wonder if he has a case of the "Not Gays" (I forgot who coined that term, maybe RLM?)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tracula posted:

Or this is the same Zack Snyder that thinks that Rorschach is loving AWESOME and doesn't get that he's the avatar of insane right-wing bullshit. I'm inclined to believe that Snyder probably actually wants to see Bruce get pinned down by a bunch of guys and well... yeah.

I mean. He also directed 300 and Suckerpunch so I do wonder if he has a case of the "Not Gays" (I forgot who coined that term, maybe RLM?)

Yeah, he's just a moron dudebro jock.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, he's just a moron dudebro jock.

-Tvtropes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jimbot posted:

He's saying that Batman goes to prison and is able to fight off everyone and then go on a cool adventure because he's a power fantasy in which harsh rules of reality don't apply but they may apply in his film. He just used an extremely dark example. More likely if a white dude started poo poo in a foreign prison he'd probably just end up shanked then buried in a ditch anonymously.

It's silly because power fantasies can still have a dark edge to them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if that's a trope on that site and it's just Zack Snyder repeated ad nauseam.

Augus posted:

It's silly because power fantasies can still have a dark edge to them.

Not if you're a comic book geek, apparently.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jimbot posted:

Not if you're a comic book geek, apparently.

I don't know what point you're supposed to be making here, but it's probably very misguided and silly.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
loving comic book geeks are ruining the movie where Batman fights Superman

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Augus posted:

I don't know what point you're supposed to be making here, but it's probably very misguided and silly.

Nah, you described an aspect Zack Snyder's films and the most common complaint about his films is that they're needlessly dark just to be edgy or somesuch nonsense. So I quipped that yeah, power fantasies can have dark edges to them but not if you're comic book geek, who will probably complain that they're too dark and edgy, which I've seen happen quite a lot.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

the problem isn't dark and edgy per say. Dark superhero films can work. The problem with Batman V Superman is

1: Zack Snyder doing a dark and edgy superhero movie is a very drab and lifeless look. and at times it can just be eye rolling.

2: Superman is one of those heros that don't really work as grim, as long as you know what your doing. Zach Snyder doesn't.

For me personally, a "dark and edgy" superhero story most comes off as stupid because it's usually what a middle schooler finds edgy. Edgy can mean a lot of things besides blood, dark colors, and violence.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 16, 2016

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Something that came to my mind while watching the latest Baywatching:

"Nobody understand me. everybody just makes fun of because of my feelings for David"

It's from a photo comic called "In love with David Hasselhoff"

e X fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

I just looked through that whole comic and I have no regrets. I don't speak German but Hasselhoff transcends language. Also I think he plays matchmaker in it and it ends with him on a plane like "Ah those crazy kids!"

• Locked thread