Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Valentines 2017 has an amusing reversal.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/craft_essence_profile.php?essence=495#nav
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/craft_essence_profile.php?essence=444#nav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Nate RFB posted:

In my heart, this conversation will happen at some point in FGO:

But presumably with more lion heads and lightning in the background.

Will?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Threw my last 30 Quartz after JAlter(EDIT: meant SAlter) and out pops a 5* Assassin. Good old Mysterious Heroine... Jack. A really pleasant surprise.
Also somehow got two of the Vacuum Tube CEs in the process but having so many of these 12 cost CEs isn't really viable.

Something is sometimes dropping Octuplet Crystals in the Scathach node and I'm really thankful for that. Farming those things for Mo has been hell.

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 11, 2018

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
uh, You know Jeanne Alter isn't in NA yet right? Or did you mean Saber Alter?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Don't they lose the attack % after saber wars, meaning star is a 5* CE that just gives guts at 1hp and nothing else (aka a more terrible version of Nightless Rose)? I could see using MLB Purely Bloom because if you give it a few turns it's even stronger than Heaven's Feel but Star of Artoria seems straight up worthless outside of this event.

They pretty much are just worse versions of Nightless Rose and Heavens Feel yeah, but not everyone has NR and HF. NR and SoA are also the only free CEs that give access to guts, which enable some gimmicky stuff. They definitely aren't on the same level as Halloween Princess but they aren't completely worthless either

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

She needs to team up with Tesla to get rid of Edison once and for all. :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

uh, You know Jeanne Alter isn't in NA yet right? Or did you mean Saber Alter?
Haha whoops, yeah I meant the latter. Gotta mess up with all these nicknames at some point.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Hey, I just started this game and rolled a Heracles! Hoping to squeeze as much as I can out of this Saber Wars event before it goes away. If anyone has any room on their friends list to help a noob out, please add me! :)
ID: 587,940,671

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Edison has far better merchandising potential though. Just look at that cuddly chibi form!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

That's not Tesla. Sure, it's still someone who was screwed over by Edison, but a different one.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
I put over 200 quartz and maybe 20 tickets into the Mordred banner a few weeks back with nothing to show for it but ten copies of Necromancy. Threw a single what-the-hell ticket at the current banner and out drops Saber Alter :psyduck: Don't roll for waifus y'all

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Brain Fog posted:

Hey, I just started this game and rolled a Heracles! Hoping to squeeze as much as I can out of this Saber Wars event before it goes away. If anyone has any room on their friends list to help a noob out, please add me! :)
ID: 587,940,671

Sent you a request. My Okita should be able to carry you pretty far through it. I wouldn't worry a lot about fully completing this event, though. The rewards are nice, but unless you love Saber Lily you're not missing out on a lot as a new player.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Using a Support with MLB Star of Altria, my own MLB Star of Altria, an MLB Purely Bloom, and another Star of Altria I've been able to get UMU's attack bonus to 530%. But I never stopped to ask if I should.

UMU is out of control, it's taking over. Soon all will be UMU.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

I put over 200 quartz and maybe 20 tickets into the Mordred banner a few weeks back with nothing to show for it but ten copies of Necromancy. Threw a single what-the-hell ticket at the current banner and out drops Saber Alter :psyduck: Don't roll for waifus y'all

What if Salter is your waifu.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Hate-Senpai posted:

What if Salter is your waifu.

Edit: read that as Saber

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

EGSunBro posted:

I only had 30 quartz after I pulled for Musashi and didn't get anything, so I expected nothing but:

also my first Caster Gilles somehow?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Got Xuanzang on my 1st 10-roll and despaired cause I thought I'd used up my luck.
Got Jack from my 3rd 10-roll off a Silver Assassin card and was besides myself with joy.
Got Jalter from my 5th and final 10-roll.

And the other 2 10-rolls gave me a lot of event CEs so they weren't a waste.

A good time was had.

Though I still don't have any SR+ Lancers or Berserkers or Riders, while having like 2 SSR Casters and Assassins and Extras each. Very lopsided.

Also I need a fuckton of Gears for Jalter and Jack and Okita's final ascension, so that's a major pain.

I am deeply triggered right now fwiw

360 quartz in and no Jalter :negative:

I mean my run of luck had to end sometime and I'm rolling deep with Caster Nero, NP2 Merlin for free, NP3 Passionlip, Jack, etc. but dammit, no Jalter as we get her best outfit :negative:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It took me 700 quartz to get her, so you're halfway there

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Christ I am not looking forward to going through that process when she shows up on NA.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Christ I am not looking forward to going through that process when she shows up on NA.

Prepare your body because the schedule calls for her to pop up in ~2 months.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
i am very excited for the NA JAlter salt, because i'm a cruel person

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah this is actually why I'm somewhat annoyed at pulling Tesla because boy am I gonna have to spend some quartz :v:

That said my general approach is that I'll pull until I get a 5* and, assuming no quartz left, call it. Ain't no way in hell I'm putting down the cash trying for more than one on a banner with these poo poo rates.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm prepping, I'm prepping.
Haven't spent a single stone or ticket since I pulled Mordred off of the London banner.

I'm still woefully unprepared, but at least I have a foundation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
There will be no jalter salt for me, for she will come to me without spending a cent. I am certain.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
When does Merlin drop? Camelot?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Altria/Saber supposed to have an invisible sword or did my game glitch up

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Clawtopsy posted:

There will be no jalter salt for me, for she will come to me without spending a cent. I am certain.

Fully expect to burn like 200 quartz, get nothing but CEs and medea, then get her on like an incidental ticket the next day

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tired Moritz posted:

Is she in her first outfit? then yes

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

ZiegeDame posted:

When does Merlin drop? Camelot?

end of December this year

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tired Moritz posted:

Yes, It was a plot thing on the original fate because since nobody realized King Arthur was a woman, Excalibur was the only identifying trait she had.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 12, 2018

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

General rule of Servant battles is that you don't reveal your identity, as knowing your identity obviously lets the other side also know your capabilities and weaknesses. Excalibur, being instantly recognizable on sight, would kind of be a liability if she didn't have a way to hide it - in this case a minor passive Noble Phantasm called Invisible Air.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm still sad you can't have Saber with Invisible Air AND her armor on. Like, thats pretty much exactly what Saber SHOULD be.

Also annoying Arthur can only have Invisible Air with the hood up.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Be me and don't roll for Jalter, prey on your friend's suffering instead and use their Jalters

Although this line of reasoning is probably one of the reasons I don't have an Avenger even after 3 years on JP

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

This is high quality bait. I will have to find a way to use this later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Personally, I'm waiting for the Angra salt. Obviously I'll roll him instantly as I seem to get the guy on all my accounts.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guess it's time to grail Best Boy to 100...

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Guess it's time to grail Best Boy to 100...

but what happens when they release 5* Your Sword Astolfo, huh

got some spare grails for that?

(Congrats, Astolfo has been my best servant since helping me beat the final boss of part 1)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

but what happens when they release 5* Your Sword Astolfo, huh

got some spare grails for that?

(Congrats, Astolfo has been my best servant since helping me beat the final boss of part 1)

I got 12 grails left, only used 2 cuz I'm super stingy. I am prepared!!!

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Personally, I'm waiting for the Angra salt. Obviously I'll roll him instantly as I seem to get the guy on all my accounts.

isn't he completely worthless, tho?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yes, but that's why he's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

UberJew posted:

isn't he completely worthless, tho?

You can solo bosses with him, he can actually be nuts under the right circumstances.