Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don't remember. If something isn't in front of my eyes then it doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Holy poo poo he's such a petty little bitch

He can't accept any limit to his ability to trash talk and vilify people, dude really never stopped being 12 years old

How humiliated did the attorneys feel when they were actually writing this up? You know Trump forced them to say all this bullshit.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 3, 2023

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

mllaneza posted:

What about my right to NOT hear Trump speak?

This is bad as abortion. You want to snuff the life right out of his words. You monster

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

haljordan posted:

How humiliated did the attorneys feel when they were actually writing this up? You know Trump forced them to say all this bullshit.

Considering the quality of attorney Trump has, they may actually believe that this is a valid legal argument.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Considering the quality of attorney Trump has, they may actually believe that this is a valid legal argument.

I forget which lawyer it was, maybe Christopher Kise, who actually said to the judge that he was representing not only TRUMP, but the "American people" as well. What a jackass.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 3, 2023

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
How many hours is it left until the lol start today?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/marlene4719/status/1720243735676465299

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I predict a very brief reign as Speaker of the House for this dingus, which will nevertheless be written about in history books for decades to come.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/GretaGrace20/status/1720200028445110537

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Toxic Mental posted:

We really should remember Robert E Lee. Really important that we remember him.

REMEMBER SAILOR!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

REMEMBER SAILOR!

Do you think that was a prompt or something that they put into one of Trump's speeches so he could tell an actual story about the guy and he just forgot all that and only retained REMEMBER SAILOR?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Trump owning all the libs with his death ray

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anders posted:

How many hours is it left until the lol start today?

Don't think there are any on the schedule today, so it'll all be impromptu

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst I am familiar with "Remember Sailor" being a joke told in this thread.

I do not remember the incident it was based off.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst I am familiar with "Remember Sailor" being a joke told in this thread.

I do not remember the incident it was based off.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-compares-comey-to-sailor-jailed-for-taking-submarine-pics

Donald Trump appears to have compared the FBI director he fired to the Navy sailor who was jailed—and then pardoned by the president—for taking photographs inside top-secret areas of a nuclear submarine. Former sailor Kristian Saucier was jailed for the unauthorized possession and retention of national defense information, but Trump pardoned him in March. Trump previously compared Saucier’s case to the scandal over Hillary Clinton’s private email server, questioning why the sailor was sent to prison but Clinton was not. Now he appears to have used exactly the same tactic on Comey, tweeting Friday morning: “Is everybody believing what is going on. James Comey can’t define what a leak is. He illegally leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION but doesn’t understand what he did or how serious it is. He lied all over the place to cover it up. He’s either very sick or very dumb. Remember sailor!”

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

haljordan posted:

Do you think that was a prompt or something that they put into one of Trump's speeches so he could tell an actual story about the guy and he just forgot all that and only retained REMEMBER SAILOR?

Iirc it was like an old Twitter character limitations but no less funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/989813047773614080

also lmao in hindsight of trump pardoning someone for the unauthorised possession and retention of national defence information

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 3, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i didnt know the overlook hotel floors were a dress design

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

The trial date for the hush‐money case was later set during a hearing with Judge Merchan

where Trump appeared via video from a room in Mar‐a‐Lago. For most of the appearance, Trump silently listened, his microphone on mute. But when the judge announced the court date—March 25, 2024—he reacted angrily, waving his hands and shaking his head. No one in the courtroom could hear him, but he appeared to be yelling at the lawyer sitting next to him in Mar-a-Lago, Todd Blanche. According to a source there with Trump, the former president erupted at Blanche because the March 2024 trial would be during a crucial point in the presidential campaign.

“That’s in the middle of the primaries!” Trump yelled. “If I lose the presidency, you are going to be the reason!”

Trump’s tantrum, according to the source, continued for nearly 30 minutes after the court appearance ended and the camera was turned off—a withering attack on perhaps the most highly regarded lawyer on Trump’s troubled legal team.

“You little fucker!” Trump yelled at Blanche. “You are going to cost me the presidency!”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/11/what-2024-election-really-about-trump-supporters/675869/

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Powerful Lindsay Bluth energy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

WE! (grapes) “rear end!”

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

And now nobody knows who Stalin was

That's the guy whose dead body was used as a haunted house prop for years, right? They didn't find out it was real until like the 80s. creepy!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Melania dressing like a JoJo's character

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Holy gently caress that's a lol

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Do you think he gets mad that Melania has larger hands than him?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-compares-comey-to-sailor-jailed-for-taking-submarine-pics

Donald Trump appears to have compared the FBI director he fired to the Navy sailor who was jailed—and then pardoned by the president—for taking photographs inside top-secret areas of a nuclear submarine. Former sailor Kristian Saucier was jailed for the unauthorized possession and retention of national defense information, but Trump pardoned him in March. Trump previously compared Saucier’s case to the scandal over Hillary Clinton’s private email server, questioning why the sailor was sent to prison but Clinton was not. Now he appears to have used exactly the same tactic on Comey, tweeting Friday morning: “Is everybody believing what is going on. James Comey can’t define what a leak is. He illegally leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION but doesn’t understand what he did or how serious it is. He lied all over the place to cover it up. He’s either very sick or very dumb. Remember sailor!”

Traitor who doesn't understand what he did or how serious it is says what

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Shishkahuben posted:

That's the guy whose dead body was used as a haunted house prop for years, right? They didn't find out it was real until like the 80s. creepy!

There was actually a fire at a Six Flags park where something like this happened:

quote:

Firefighters from eleven surrounding communities responded, and the fire was declared under control by 7:45 p.m. The park remained open during this time but closed shortly after. No one realized that lives were lost until later that evening, when the bodies of the teenagers were discovered in one of the attraction's trailers. The bodies were burnt beyond recognition and were originally thought to be mannequins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_Castle_(Six_Flags_Great_Adventure)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Shishkahuben posted:

Holy gently caress that's a lol

poo poo is real wild:

quote:

When I spoke with Bannon a few days later, he wouldn’t stop touting Trump’s performance, referring to it as his “Come Retribution” speech. What I didn’t realize was that “Come Retribution,” according to some Civil War historians, served as the code words for the Confederate Secret Service’s plot to take hostage—and eventually assassinate—President Abraham Lincoln.

“The use of the key phrase ‘Come Retribution’ suggests that the Confederate government had made a bitter decision to repay some of the misery that had been inflicted on the South,” William A. Tidwell, James O. Hall, and David Winfred Gaddy wrote in the 1988 book Come Retribution: The Confederate Secret Service and the Assassination of Lincoln. “Bitterness may well have been directed toward persons held to be particularly responsible for that misery, and Abraham Lincoln certainly headed the list.”

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

It's no Biden Blast

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

kazil posted:

Don't think there are any on the schedule today, so it'll all be impromptu

Isn't Eric supposed to continue today?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

poo poo is real wild:

If those insurrectionists could read I bet they would get fired up for these references.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Give us the CUM RETRIBUTION

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oh jeez it looks like Ivanka's "BUT IT'S A SCHOOL DAY!!!" argument didn't go over well with the judge. What a shame.

quote:

“Ms. Trump’s arguments are based on the false premise that witnesses with relevant, firsthand knowledge may be called to testify only if they are ‘a primary actor’ in the case,” James told the appeals court.

Ivanka Trump “has firsthand knowledge of issues that are central to the ongoing trial,” James wrote. “And staying her testimony may well serve to delay the fair and orderly resolution of a trial that has now been proceeding for over almost a month, in which OAG is nearing completion of its case in chief.”

James added: “Ms. Trump’s mere need to attend trial for a single day to testify truthfully is not itself a serious harm that warrants emergency relief.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/denied-appeals-court-smacks-down-ivanka-trumps-undue-hardship-claim-for-delay-of-fraud-trial-testimony/

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/bidenhq/status/1720210838890381336?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

His inability to not insist he’s the best at everything ever including words is the gift that keeps on giving.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Probably just wishful thinking, but Ivanka trying so hard to not testify makes me think she has some really damning evidence

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kazil posted:

Probably just wishful thinking, but Ivanka trying so hard to not testify makes me think she has some really damning evidence

Nah it's probably just another case of "How DARE this judge try and tell me what to do?!"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/bidenhq/status/1720210838890381336?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

His inability to not insist he’s the best at everything ever including words is the gift that keeps on giving.

I did everything!! I did it all! Except the things I actually did! I didn't do the things you said I did!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toxic Mental posted:

I don't remember. If something isn't in front of my eyes then it doesn't exist.

Is this loss.jpg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
There’s a non-zero chance that in the broken heap of lard that is Trump’s brain, just the act of testifying (even against your will) in a case involving Trump is a betrayal of him personally. Ivanka might be worried that her performance in court might be what finally slides her into the same headspace-camp as her brothers.

Not likely but a guy can dream.