Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't know this was coming out. Might get it with that R2/RD4 model kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What scale is that? I collect 3.75" astromechs. The red one looks familiar from my collection already.

Entertainment Earth is doing an exclusive 3.75" astromech multipack this November, I've already got it on preorder.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xenomrph posted:

What scale is that? I collect 3.75" astromechs. The red one looks familiar from my collection already.

Entertainment Earth is doing an exclusive 3.75" astromech multipack this November, I've already got it on preorder.

6 inch

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Rirse posted:

If they are the same scale as Black Series R2, they are way way to small and look odd next to the correct scale bandai kit R2's

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TouchToneDialing posted:

If they are the same scale as Black Series R2, they are way way to small and look odd next to the correct scale bandai kit R2's

I think are in scale with the Black R2. They are a inch shorter then the Kylo Ren figure that is hanging above them.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

I'm sorry, they're charging how much for that?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nut Bunnies posted:

I'm sorry, they're charging how much for that?

Toys R Us isn't what I call the best price for deals. I imagine it the same "Black 6 Inch" price for the trio. Probably be better at 40, as they are more 5 inches and few accessories.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toys R Us marks up their prices on a lot of stuff. Most notably Lego.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopefully that set means a Black Series R5-D4 at some point soon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Toys R Us marks up their prices on a lot of stuff. Most notably Lego.

Absolutely. So glad I can price match online with them and still use my employee discount, as otherwise I probably wouldn't really buy anything there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's weird to still have an international retail store marking up prices in the Internet age.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They may lose the internet-savvy manchild dollars to places that don't mark up their crap so bad but they're always going to make it up with people who just need a present for a kid and don't want to check a dozen websites and wait for it to be shipped to their home.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well not really, their financials have been pretty bad and they had to go private.

I meant that their primary competitors, Walmart and Target don't do it. It's not just the internet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

Well not really, their financials have been pretty bad and they had to go private.

I meant that their primary competitors, Walmart and Target don't do it. It's not just the internet.

I didn't know Tru was having trouble. Just anecdotally whenever I'm in there there's always a few ladies that just look like aunts, buying something in a huge box for someone's birthday. A Lego set or some kind of child conveyance product. They never seem to give a poo poo about the price.

You know what I mean? You ever looked at a person and just known they were an aunt?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Travis343 posted:

You know what I mean? You ever looked at a person and just known they were an aunt?

not sure why but this popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21UP0frYg-E

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

I didn't know Tru was having trouble. Just anecdotally whenever I'm in there there's always a few ladies that just look like aunts, buying something in a huge box for someone's birthday. A Lego set or some kind of child conveyance product. They never seem to give a poo poo about the price.

Yeah, the complex social organization and various castes performing special duties give it away

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Our target did their reset today. I was in there when hey we're just starting on the marvel aisle but they had not yet stocked new stuff. Stopped back by like 2 hours later and they had everyone but rogue and dead pool of course. I'm sure one of the employees got them before they ever hit the floor.

I did pick up one of the new 6" power rangers figures as well which is surprisingly nice, great articulation on it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'd be glad to sell my Rogue minus the BAF piece if anyone is interested.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
I don't know who else might have been looking but the Marvel Select Carnage looks like it has started to get a second wave coming out. The price went down fairly drastically on Amazon and I managed to find it in my local comic shop. It's such a fantastic figure with a ton of cool detail. Way better then the kinda boring Marvel legend I bought a long time ago.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yay, I finally got Black Panther and Nick Fury. My local Krogers of all place had them. Must just got them in as they had every figure for it and the Absorbing Man wave in, including Spider-Gwen.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/760513671143497732

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 2, 2016

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Today's get, Egg Attack Captain America.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One of these days I need to trade these BAF parts to finish certain characters, but until then I present Cyber-Odin.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/760608837191790592

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If any of yall have a Hastings nearby, now is the time to raid. All closing. AF are 20% here.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Whoa, are they going out of business?
The nearest Hastings I can think of is in Flagstaff, unfortunately.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah every store.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hastings was a cool store. Don't have one near me, but I bought a bunch of the Toynami Futurama figures for next to nothing on a vacation years ago.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hastings also owns MovieStop, which is also going out of business and also sells a lot of figures and collectibles. I rarely found anything cool there, but they sometimes gave me store credit or cash for DVDs I culled from my collection, and that's even more of a rarity these days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I miss Suncoast :saddowns:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

Today's get, Egg Attack Captain America.

He looks like he's threatening to fingerblast me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Has anybody else's Amazon X-Men Legends orders shipped? The Rouge and Deadpool I have on order were supposed to ship Monday but nothing's happening with them and word on the street is that Amazon didn't receive enough inventory to cover pre-orders.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Has anybody else's Amazon X-Men Legends orders shipped? The Rouge and Deadpool I have on order were supposed to ship Monday but nothing's happening with them and word on the street is that Amazon didn't receive enough inventory to cover pre-orders.

Mine haven't.

E: Deadpool is marked as "shipping soon" so....???

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 3, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I'd say give it another week as contacting Amazon may screw up your order, but I'd expect them to cancel it out. What's the point in pre-ordering through them if they can't fulfill the order? This is the third time I've pre-ordered something through Amazon and they weren't able to deliver.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Jeff Bezos told me he won't send your stuff until you spell Rogue's name correctly.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I'd say give it another week as contacting Amazon may screw up your order, but I'd expect them to cancel it out. What's the point in pre-ordering through them if they can't fulfill the order? This is the third time I've pre-ordered something through Amazon and they weren't able to deliver.

As an employee I've been way too scared to do this myself but I'll just leave this fun fact right here:

quote:

Within Amazon is a certain type of e-mail that elicits waves of panic. It usually originates with an annoyed customer who complains to the company’s founder and chief executive officer. Jeff Bezos has a public e-mail address, jeff@amazon.com. Not only does he read many customer complaints, he forwards them to the relevant Amazon employees, with a one-character addition: a question mark.

When Amazon employees get a Bezos question mark e-mail, they react as though they’ve discovered a ticking bomb. They’ve typically got a few hours to solve whatever issue the CEO has flagged and prepare a thorough explanation for how it occurred, a response that will be reviewed by a succession of managers before the answer is presented to Bezos himself. Such escalations, as these e-mails are known, are Bezos’s way of ensuring that the customer’s voice is constantly heard inside the company.

I'd add that the "ticking bomb" is also radioactive, on fire, and attached to your weenus but otherwise the above is 100% accurate.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went in to get my hours for next week and look what came in today!

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/760926128110534656

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/760926214110453760

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lucky?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pizza Dog! :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need that Kate Bishop.

Gimmie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw that triple pack but I don't care about the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Imagine you can sell them off pretty easily. The box is $50 (hilarious since that droid three pack I linked earlier is 55), but there is a 15% coupon that starts in a few days that I can get applied when it active that takes it down to 35 after the employee discount. You probably get the coupon from this week ad for Toys R Us or from the mailer that was sent out.