Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Akett posted:

I haven't read much of cucumber quest.

Now I think I've identified your main problem. I suggest you try and fix that when you can.
Great fanart.

Anyway, in comic news. Stampede! I also like that in addition to floating octopii, the forest is home to walruses and landsharks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The forest is a delightful place full of majesty and wonder. :allears:

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Also kittens wearing frog hats. I really am loving all the creatures in this stampede. They're all interesting to look at.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Someone is going to have to show a little more restraint when it comes to helping people he meets in the forest.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't think Smitty does curses anyway

Or at least I hope not :ohdear:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
There sure are a lot of sea creatures in the forest.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I bet Coyote brought them there and convinced them that a forest IS their natural habitat.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Out of all of them, I think my favorites are "I saw a bird!" and "I forget where I live!"

I gotta say though, if mankind shapes reality with their thoughts via the ether, then a whole mess of people must think, "Nature is awesome, but it's also loving retarded."

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and assume one of the creatures is saying, "I'm trying to lose height." because it's a Forest creature.

Fecha posted:

There sure are a lot of sea creatures in the forest.
That's what they're doing wrong.

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 6, 2013

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
"Called it." As always, Tom's note is brilliant.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

There is a giraffe and a shark in the forest.

I wonder if they're friends?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like the little Chickcharney dude who's just waving his little marbles around. I mean why is he even chasing them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SHISHKABOB posted:

I like the little Chickcharney dude who's just waving his little marbles around. I mean why is he even chasing them.

He's leading all his friends to the Problem-Solver. (Every creature in the forest is his friend.)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He's bringing all his friends to meet Smitty. You have to introduce people, you know, or otherwise it's just rude.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I recognize the red thing with yellow eyes from some famous folklore/urban legend. Can't remember the name though. Anyone?

VVVV That's definitely it. Thanks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster

Madrox fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 6, 2013

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Madrox posted:

I recognize the red thing with yellow eyes from some famous folklore/urban legend. Can't remember the name though. Anyone?

Looks kinda like the Flatwoods Monster.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dat fukken shark

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Annie it is your job to handle this now. :reject:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

MikeJF posted:

She is handling it; she's handling it as fast as she can!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Akett posted:

I kind of like that Gigidigi didn't draw Annie with the olive/yellow lipstick, I've never been a fan of that color. I haven't read much of cucumber quest, but I've always thought GD was really good at using color.

When it comes to GGDG I consider "really good at color" to be an understatement. No matter how much color theory I read on and practice I still suck at it and seeing her work makes me burn with joy/jealousy.

MikeJF posted:

Some forest medium she turned out to be. :colbert:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 6, 2013

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Haha I love that lil' cat with a frog hat.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I think the walrus is my favourite, even though, or perhaps because, he may be the one who needs to put a curse on someone.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Blackheart posted:

Some forest medium she turned out to be. :colbert:
She's handling things exactly the way Coyote would.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Zemyla posted:

She's handling things exactly the way Coyote would.

Running away while laughing....ya, that sounds about right.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

Someone ought to tell him that publicly displaying your marbles is not appropriate. Please put those away Mr. Charney.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
That ties that up in a neat little bundle.

So, love letter then?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I kind of wanted to see another page with Eglamore's reaction. He was surprised and reaching for his sword on the last page.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hm, those are front stairs, aren't they? I dunno, something seems off about this implied crowd standing around. They could just be chatting on any old set of stairs though.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Smitty and Parley only hang out on stairs anymore

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Madrox posted:

I kind of wanted to see another page with Eglamore's reaction. He was surprised and reaching for his sword on the last page.

Turns out fighting a dude with a sword was exactly what the rest of those forest creatures wanted, all along.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

Turns out fighting a dude with a sword was exactly what the rest of those forest creatures wanted, all along.

Only someone who had lost their marbles would want to fight a dude with a sword.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
How mature of Annie. :3:

I like how Parley does her best to make Smitty not feel tiny.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Madrox posted:

The after-chapter bonus page will be Eglamore quietly shedding a few manly tears as he hoses the blood off his armor, one cracked marble slowly rolling away.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Obviously Friday's comic will explain everything about the love letter and not leave us hanging 'til next week. That is so obviously what will happen, you have no idea.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tom Siddell posted:

My final copies of Annie in the Forest arrived! This is a 32 page mini-comic set between chapters 31 and 32, when Annie ran away from the Court and spent the summer in the forest.

I’ve been wanting to make extra comics for a long time now, and I’m happy that they came out so great! Along with Part 2, I’ll also be doing other comics based on Gunnerkrigg Court characters and stories that don’t really fit into the main story line and I hope to eventually collect them all into a volume that I print myself, hopefully with the help of Kickstarter. That’s all in the future though, but in the meantime, I’ll have these copies of Annie in the forest Part 1 this month at the MCM convention in London where they will be exclusively available!

But don’t worry, after that I’ll be putting the comic on-line for everyone to read in a separate section of my site and I also hope to get copies sent over to Topatoco for people who want to buy the individual issues.

I hope you all enjoy it!

(link)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Oh hey I'm at MCM and as a dealer I get in over an hour before the doors open to the public, so I have a 100% chance of being able to snag one of these.

:smuggo:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Man London gets all the cool swag. That's what I get for living outside of the only city that matters in this country! :v:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Yes. Kickstart, please. I will give you a hundred dollars you wonderful man.

In-comic wise, I wonder if Smitty's powers are going to catalyze something on the court side of the river as well. With the impetus of "What chased them?" resolved, this chapter could go almost anywhere.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fatkraken posted:

Oh hey I'm at MCM and as a dealer I get in over an hour before the doors open to the public, so I have a 100% chance of being able to snag one of these.

:smuggo:

How many dealers are there?
How many prints will Tom carry?

Those are the points you should consider before feeling :smuggo:.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Paz's face in that first panel... that's an extreme close up if I ever saw one.

vvv: Nah, I'm just a moron :v:

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Paz? Huge nose girl's mundane name is Parley.

Or are you looking at some other page?