Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I mean depending on the loadout of your pilot you basically already had bloodhound, pathfinder and wraith. It's not that much of a stretch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Titanfall 2 was good at being serious during the story but playful in multi without devolving into memes and "gamer humor", which was nice.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I guess titanfall is a hero shooter already in the same way that any fps with classes/abilities is one, such as battlefield v or insurgency. But to prefer to not have the little quips and quirks that the apex characters entail. Plus I find a lot of the designs, like the bloodhound or the borderlands dude who blew his legs off, to be clashing with titanfall proper. I don’t think of titanfall as some super gritty war game or whatever but i don’t think of it as apex’s style and tone either.

Also mrvn was a lot more endearing and cute when he didn’t talk.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Working for MRVN was my favorite in TF2 multi

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

ZeusCannon posted:

Working for MRVN was my favorite in TF2 multi

Exactly, "your CO is drunk and cheering you on" or "the robot can't get a high-five" is playful and fun. Now imagine your CO is Claptrap. Yikes, right?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

FastestGunAlive posted:

I guess titanfall is a hero shooter already in the same way that any fps with classes/abilities is one, such as battlefield v or insurgency. But to prefer to not have the little quips and quirks that the apex characters entail. Plus I find a lot of the designs, like the bloodhound or the borderlands dude who blew his legs off, to be clashing with titanfall proper. I don’t think of titanfall as some super gritty war game or whatever but i don’t think of it as apex’s style and tone either.

Also mrvn was a lot more endearing and cute when he didn’t talk.

The titans had all the personality, the pilots are just a means to an end. See Ronin and papa scorch

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea the titans are great and have a lot of personality but in a good way. AL titans just wouldn’t have the same charm

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Titanfall 2 was good at being serious during the story but playful in multi without devolving into memes and "gamer humor", which was nice.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
If tricking a bunch of the F2P Apex players into buying TF3 with Apex characters makes it marketable then whatever man drop a Titan on 'em.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Hey I guess the DDOS attacks stopped, maybe they fixed it or more likely the attacker got bored but Titanfall 2 is definitely playable on PC now. Player count at midnight was at 6k, I’ve seen numbers as high as 10k earlier in the week. So if you’re looking to play TF2 again now would be a good time before who knows when it’ll be attacked again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Wazzit posted:

Hey I guess the DDOS attacks stopped, maybe they fixed it or more likely the attacker got bored but Titanfall 2 is definitely playable on PC now. Player count at midnight was at 6k, I’ve seen numbers as high as 10k earlier in the week. So if you’re looking to play TF2 again now would be a good time before who knows when it’ll be attacked again.

:toot:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Might reinstall on PS5 and see what's up

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh poo poo! Let's get some goon games going

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wazzit posted:

Thank you Wazzit!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

if the attacks are done for good can we please get a console PS4/5 group going TIA

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yes please, I crave Titanfall 2 action on PS4 or PC, both are cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Goon Pilot Discord?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

In honor of Titanfall 2 being playable again I’ll post my greatest Kraber streak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaN-TMlbd8M

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Whaaa I just tried multi like last week on ps4 and the matchmaker disconnected every time, I’ll download again and see if it’s working

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I still get disconnects while matchmaking sometimes on PC but once I get in a game it's all good.

Game still owns.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sooo discord or?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
We have a few titanfall folks but haven’t really had any matches organized recently, but if you’d like to join: https://discord.gg/ejHvRHay

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
What does it look like when the game is being DDOSed? I redownloaded it, but now I never seem to actually connect to the respawn servers, it just sits forever waiting. Can't even open multiplayer.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

On PS5 I fired it up and disconnected from the server before I chose a game mode. Then I tried again and started Frontier Defense and was in a game less than a minute later. Played the whole game out just fine. (With idiots)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Network42 posted:

What does it look like when the game is being DDOSed? I redownloaded it, but now I never seem to actually connect to the respawn servers, it just sits forever waiting. Can't even open multiplayer.

Are you on a PC and do you happen to be on a 10th Gen or Up CPU processor?

I just put together a new PC and I was having this same exact issue. It's apparently something with the newer CPUs and you have to do some weird stuff to get the servers to display.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/owpoyf/multiplayer_was_locked_for_me_with_my_new_build/

quote:

Press Win + E or open File Explorer, right-click on “This PC,” and choose “Properties. Click on “Advanced System Settings.” Under the Advanced tab, choose “Environment Variables.” Under “System variables,” click on “New.” In the “Variable name” box, type this: OPENSSL_ia32cap In the “Variable value” box, type this: ~0x200000200000000 Then click on “OK.” Confirm the addition of the variable to the “System variables” list and choose “OK.”

Seems weird but yeah it worked after I did this.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 26, 2022

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Wazzit posted:

Seems weird but yeah it worked after I did this.

Be careful about this. I'd clear the environment variable immediately after you're done playing.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Brother just got a new Xbox and I bought him Titanfall 2 to break it in (and so I hopefully have people to play with), but since yesterday I have not been able to get in any attrition matches on PC. Wait time will jump from second to minutes, and then I get disconnected. Is this the new norm? And is Xbox in the same situation?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Game is still on its last legs thanks to the hackers from a while back.

But you might have better luck on PC using the Northstar mod that replaces the master server and even has a server browser.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
You ever wonder just what happened to make whoever it is care this much about a game?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ZeusCannon posted:

You ever wonder just what happened to make whoever it is care this much about a game?

Ironically, I believe this person’s goal was to get TF3, or something similarly inane.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Ironically, I believe this person’s goal was to get TF3, or something similarly inane.

didn't that end up being a ruse and it was actually a korean studio trying to get Respawn to let them make a titanfall (gacha) MMO or something like that?

it was even more insane and delusional than the actual stories, because even if that's something that would ever happen, ddos'ing their games (including the cash-cow Apex Legends) is literally the exact opposite of what would endear you to respawn/EA.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man I miss this game

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

It’s great that EA/respawn keeps selling this game but can’t spare an engineer to make sure multiplayer actually works :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Titanfall 2 plays incredibly well on the Steam Deck, if anyone was wondering. I haven't tried the Northstar mod or even know if it'll work on Deck, but I'll try and give it a go.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Servers still hosed on all platforms?

Kind of a bummer we won’t see a Titanfall 3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the best FPS ever didn't deserve to end like this

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

John DiFool posted:

It’s great that EA/respawn keeps selling this game but can’t spare an engineer to make sure multiplayer actually works :)

There should actually be a lawsuit over this. It's been broken now for, what, 18 months? 2 years? The game's multiplayer worked for less than half a decade, totally unacceptable.

Edit: my legal opinions aside, this would keep me from buying the new Titanfall at full price. I would just assume that these psychos are going to go after it and they'll do nothing.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 12, 2022

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If they were going to make a new Titanfall game I'm pretty sure they would throw a decent team behind it. New games get tons of support these days.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Man, gently caress Apex Legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Funnily enough Apex Legends was the game that gave Titanfall 2 the last surge of players. The hacking of the servers was the last nail in the coffin.