Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CoolCab posted:

We saw a hint of it already - come out against Enoch Powell.

You should watch Sargon of Akkad's 'Enoch Powell was right' speech from a couple of weeks ago if you want to see where the Tory party could go. Its scary because its the sort of poisonous reasonable sounding hatred that would sell really well with the working class. If momentum and unite don't stop slap fighting and merge the labor movement and the young social justice types then a lot of the older workers could easily fall prey to the messaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

You should watch Sargon of Akkad's 'Enoch Powell was right' speech from a couple of weeks ago if you want to see where the Tory party could go. Its scary because its the sort of poisonous reasonable sounding hatred that would sell really well with the working class. If momentum and unite don't stop slap fighting and merge the labor movement and the young social justice types then a lot of the older workers could easily fall prey to the messaging.
what the gently caress are you even slightly talking about colonial

momentum and unite are completely different things with a completely different purpose. There is nobody in momentum who is not interested in left wing politics. The last leadership election of Unite, which was McCluskey's referendum on himself as a left wing figurehead, resulted in a 45/41/13 split of people who wanted to keep him / thought he could gently caress off on a massive turnout of 11% of Unite members.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Byolante posted:

Oh my Lord you are so dumb.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Byolante posted:

faaaaaart

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

oh you watched it?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Byolante posted:

Most people in the UK won't fall for what Sargon is saying because his accent doesn't impress us. Its the same reason why Milo never became famous over here. He isn't engaged in politics outside of his tedious lectures on YouTube that have an at best limited audience. Also, "Enoch Powell Was Right" has been a phrase since the day after he gave that speech, so hes not pushing anything new.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gorn Myson posted:

Most people in the UK won't fall for what Sargon is saying because his accent doesn't impress us. Its the same reason why Milo never became famous over here. He isn't engaged in politics outside of his tedious lectures on YouTube that have an at best limited audience. Also, "Enoch Powell Was Right" has been a phrase since the day after he gave that speech, so hes not pushing anything new.

Also Sargons economic politics are to the right of Jacob Reese Mogg. So "Get rid of Immigrants, Bringin American style healthcare, give banks more bailouts,yeah that would play really well with people still burned by 2008.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Also Sargons economic politics are to the right of Jacob Reese Mogg. So "Get rid of Immigrants, Bringin American style healthcare, give banks more bailouts,yeah that would play really well with people still burned by 2008.

Excuse me he's a centre-left liberal y'know

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

multijoe posted:

Excuse me he's a centre-left liberal y'know

Beyond him just being full of bullshit.Does he claim this because he supported blair or shome poo poo like this in 2005?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Crowsbeak posted:

Beyond him just being full of bullshit.Does he claim this because he supported blair or shome poo poo like this in 2005?

Sargon is extremely, extremely stupid.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Firos posted:

Sargon is extremely, extremely stupid.

That is a granted.The fact the ancom pendant Muke can beat him at debate shows that.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crowsbeak posted:

I mean he wasn't a headliner for the largest far right rally in england for a long time in the past few days...

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

I mean he wasn't a headliner for the largest far right rally in england for a long time in the past few days...

A rally where half his supporters were the same thumbs that already vote tory.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/994093696688762880

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44048593

Finally someone is stopping this vicious campaign against Our Lads wherein they might be dragged through the courts for the murders they did on their fellow citizens.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

oh dear, a "spat"

I hope it escalates to a "fracas"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Remember when Sargon started a petition to end "social justice" in "universities"?

Hes truly a force to be reckoned with.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jBrereton posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44048593

Finally someone is stopping this vicious campaign against Our Lads wherein they might be dragged through the courts for the murders they did on their fellow citizens.

I still want the murderer of Daniel Morgan punished. Everyone knows who did it and who helped cover it up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

who did it? i mean i know there was a massive coverup but i didn't realise the perpetrator was widely known

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the SNP are insanely poo poo

https://twitter.com/LAHinds/status/994235901839659008

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
^^^^ Lol I post about something leveson 2 related then the SNP take a massive poo poo all over punishing criminals.

Jose posted:

who did it? i mean i know there was a massive coverup but i didn't realise the perpetrator was widely known

the 2011 trial had it stated Glenn Vian killed him, Jonathan Rees paid for it. Allegedly NOTW told the met Morgan had come to them with a full dossier of proof showing senior met officials were complicit in running the drug trade in London. Then, allegedly, some of Rees' bent police contacts asked him to deal with his business partner.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/994287682418302976

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is good because it has chief melt Luke Akehurst seething. Someone replying to him "well using that logic the SPD used the far right Freikorps to murder Rosa" was funny. And then compared him to a Trot.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Jez meeting with Die Linke instead of SPD

ABSOLUTE BOY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/katjakipping/status/994263036205699072

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:eyepop:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

I don't suppose many cspam posters follow the ukmt but within minutes of this tweet it turned out that the SNP had in fact voted for the bill and it was labour rebels voting against or abstaining who hosed it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

I don't suppose many cspam posters follow the ukmt but within minutes of this tweet it turned out that the SNP had in fact voted for the bill and it was labour rebels voting against or abstaining who hosed it.

SNP killed Tom Watson's attempts to get section 40 passed by abstaining

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Byolante posted:

SNP killed Tom Watson's attempts to get section 40 passed by abstaining

Watsons amendment was withdrawn anyway

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

Watsons amendment was withdrawn anyway

It was withdrawn because the SNP said they were going to abstain

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Byolante posted:

It was withdrawn because the SNP said they were going to abstain

It was a cluster gently caress of an amendment but don't let the prospect of doing any reading on the topic whatsoever dissuade you from perpetuating your incredibly poo poo yank takes

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

the nationalist defender has logged on

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

*music swells bagpipeishly*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

they have "national" in the name so that's a given

Firos posted:

funniest part is he's not even scottish iirc

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Firos posted:

He’s a trained mandolier not a bagpiper.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

It was a cluster gently caress of an amendment but don't let the prospect of doing any reading on the topic whatsoever dissuade you from perpetuating your incredibly poo poo yank takes

och aye to the nooo motherfucker

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jose posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

He’s a trained mandolier not a bagpiper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5NGCmfaRw

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I live in Berlin and it's insanely good that Corbyn visited Die Linke lmao get hosed SDP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
lol