Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/surfbordt/status/890588132592242690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ThndrShk2k posted:

I still miss Bad/Cspam caller, Comrad, and AssassinPrincess/You a fuckin hat/matey

Free matey

Free Matey.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ex post facho posted:

nyc is good for visiting world class art installations, museums, cultural exhibits etc but living there? lol hell nah

New York City is the greatest city in the world and anyone who doesn't live just doesn't get it, man!

Now excuse me while I pay $3,000 a month for my 3rd floor walk up efficiency.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i hate living in a small town but that's just because its where i've been all my life. i'd probably hate living in a city after a while

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

new york city owns actually

this is true & correct

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
getting the gently caress out of nyc was the best decision i ever made and the people who live there who are not already well off have something akin to stockholm syndrome

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
you: has to drive everywhere, eats garbage food

me: doesn't own a car, pops into independent cinemas on a whim, enjoys world-class theater, eats good food

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Yeah, all of those are pretty poo poo now, too. New York is a shithole city populated exclusively by shithole people.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

me: doesn't own a car, pops into independent cinemas on a whim, enjoys world-class theater, eats good food

lol u think nyc has good food

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
good places:

new york city
pittsburgh
philly
new orleans

bad places:

everywhere else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the only food in nyc you cant get better somewhere else is this hole in the wall senegalese place in lower harlem

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

YOU ARE THE WHITE TRASH

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Al! posted:

getting the gently caress out of nyc was the best decision i ever made and the people who live there who are not already well off have something akin to stockholm syndrome

A few years ago my sister and her husband moved out of NYC back home to Philadelphia (the greatest city in the world) where she lived in a 3rd floor walk up tiny 1 bedroom. For $200 less a month she had a 2 bedroom in Rittenhouse sq in a building with a doorman.
NYC is great to visit, but living there is a nightmare unless your a millionaire.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

No one in the white trash glorious real america thinks they're poor, because poor is for blacks.
Out of all the hot takes you've had lately, this is by far the dumbest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think this is a case of 2016 breaking her brain

Wikileaks is automatically bad now and anything they leak on is automatically good (even war crimes)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

posted from a 1500/month breadbox that's heated by leaching heat from neighboring units

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i mostly just enjoy living in a place where the population density isn;t 27,000 people per square mile

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

good places:

new york city
pittsburgh
philly
new orleans

bad places:

everywhere else

Boston is a good place, or at least a better place than Pittsburgh

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

People should come to Philly cause it owns and also I need room mates so I can afford to live

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
humanity is overrated imo, have u seen a tardigrade??

also drat if ants ever got their poo poo together and ended ant racism wed be good and owned

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lets be honest, anywhere within the EC/WC megalopolises is bad

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ex post facho posted:

i mostly just enjoy living in a place where the population density isn;t 27,000 people per square mile

lol, just lol if u live in a place where the density isn't 27000 per county

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also stay out of portland, never come here even to visit its terrible

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bad dems just expect that they can get the votes without actually having to do anything. that's why the party leadership has been in lockstep with the republicans, if just three or four steps away, because they think there's this magic point at which everyone will wake up and vote against the gop, even though the dems will maintain the agenda already established in the name of preserving the status quo.

if only there was another way, one that involved figuring out what would help the majority of americans (especially ones uninterested in the political process and don't even vote) and promising a way to deliver that aid.

if only... if only...

[harp glissando, fade out]

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

woah you can fit the entire DSA into a square mile?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this includes stinksburgh, crappadelphia, new york lovely, and racistville, MA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My mother-in-law just moved from north Jersey to Bucks County PA, and so she has ceased constantly needling my wife to move to New York and begun constantly needling my wife to move to Philadelphia

In Philadelphia I know exactly zero people (my wife knows two) and have no job prospects

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

Boston is a good place

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

also stay out of portland, never come here even to visit its terrible

same w/colorado

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

woah you can fit the entire DSA into a square mile?

lol i heard recently that nyc has more NRA members than the DSA has members nationwide i dont know if it's true though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

racistville, MA

dude this isn't even a pun

unless it's on Somerville in which case it's a bad pun :colbert:

in which the world's shittiest baby openly weeps into its cereal to read such truth

alternate take: he is crying because he lives in Pittsburgh

Serf
May 5, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

People should come to Philly cause it owns and also I need room mates so I can afford to live

i got a buddy up in philly. he says its pretty cool

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

dude this isn't even a pun

unless it's on Somerville in which case it's a bad pun :colbert:

in which the world's shittiest baby openly weeps into its cereal to read such truth

nah im just talking about boston

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i have a friend in philly and hes constantly begging people to get them to sublet a 300sq ft bedroom in his place because rent is something like $2500 a month 20 miles from the city or some insane bullshit lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Serf posted:

i got a buddy up in philly. he says its pretty cool

philly's tight. it's lazy as poo poo, which appeals to me

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

My mother-in-law just moved from north Jersey to Bucks County PA, and so she has ceased constantly needling my wife to move to New York and begun constantly needling my wife to move to Philadelphia

In Philadelphia I know exactly zero people (my wife knows two) and have no job prospects

You know me :grin:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

so basically being rich is good

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

ex post facho posted:

i have a friend in philly and hes constantly begging people to get them to sublet a 300sq ft bedroom in his place because rent is something like $2500 a month 20 miles from the city or some insane bullshit lol

Lol wtf

The suburb with a golf course only charges $950 a month for a two bedroom
He must be on the mainline

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[sotto voce]: hoagies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

Congrats on being near the theater showing Hamilton. We're in awe, honestly.

• Locked thread