Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The AMD guys are content locusts, clearly.

:argh:

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sorry - but if you check my post history (and in this regard, I mean that as responses/replies to all of your posts), any "rudeness" that was perceived was because that how it was given to me. I'll delightfully post anything in this thread, I'll talk about recipes, I'll discuss SC or any other game, etc. But I'm met with rudeness and deal with it according. Or, it's just nonsense drivel designed to trigger me and I roll with it. Either way, everything that has been thrown at me has either been taken in stride or reciprocated as such . . . and I'm still here.

edit: btw, none of those 6 scenarios apply to me. I'm simply a backer with an interest in seeing the game as it's made and is open to discussion about how that is done.

You've chucked $5,700 onto a bonfire and you're transfixed with how pretty the flames are. You have no point of view that makes sense and you spent way too long arguing that the US legal system supports you getting ripped off. In the end you'll disappear and never come back, when finally it sinks in how foolish you're been, so why would anyone worry about being polite to you?

Even Karl was better at this and at least he gave us auditor jokes, you haven't even been amusingly stupid.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Morris posted:

Goondolences on the loss of your tiny panda friend :glomp: I will give my own panda catte extra belly rubs today.

I realize I'm like 2 years behind everyone else here, but are y'all saying that the fucky physics in pgabz's videos is because CIG married themselves to a geometry system that was fundamentally incompatible with the engine, after having been advised of that fact, and haven't been able to fix it for two years because they're too busy putting in a cash shop to play dress-up dolls?

And that it basically boils down to "CIG didn't understand floating point numbers when they started coding the physics?"

Someday I may be as jaded as the rest of you but that's incredible.

I don't think anyone accused them of using an incompatible geometry system, rather made fun of the fact that their promotional materials got basic maths wrong.

The problems CIG is running into now are more due to the fact that they tried to use an engine purpose-built to make island fps shootmans to make an interstellar space combat game. Combine this with their desire to fortify the marketing and promotional aspects of their IP to ensure steady cash flow to continue working on the project while realizing that they cannot make their engine fit their concept as easily they thought and Roberts' insistence on developing things that are not presentable to the public yet (motion capture, squadron 42 assets, SQ42 scriptwriting, SQ42, etc. etc.) and it is very easy to see why all actual "Star Citizen" game content is so shoddy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

You've chucked $5,700 onto a bonfire and you're transfixed with how pretty the flames are. You have no point of view that makes sense and you spent way too long arguing that the US legal system supports you getting ripped off. In the end you'll disappear and never come back, when finally it sinks in how foolish you're been, so why would anyone worry about being polite to you?

Even Karl was better at this and at least he gave us auditor jokes, you haven't even been amusingly stupid.

Hey man, he's still in alpha, you clearly don't know how ToastMoMA development works

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wanna read the Letter

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Imagine being a multi million dollar company that makes GPUs and you're getting stuff off the CoD guys, Mass Effect guys etc to show off your cards capabilities at your big press event of the year.
Then you open the promo folder, click the file inside and...

"Yeeeeeeesh, eehhhhhhh..."

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if this is true then loving lol

:kayak::captainpop::kayak:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

The hosed up thing for the future of CIG is that it's believable.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Madcosby posted:

wanna read the Letter

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've been called a lot of negative in this thread. I chalk that up to a lack of maturity, an effort to get me riled-up, being overly emotional or a combination of all. So what?
You've been called one negative thing: toast. The reasons you list are correct, though, but not the subject. So stop being immature, overly emotional, or so easily riled up, and start to actually discuss the topic at hand rather than deflect almost every question with — at best — baseless speculation and wishful thinking, or (more commonly) complete non sequiturs.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Madcosby posted:

wanna read the Letter

AMD lurkers itt, please wikileak the letter it would be a service to humanity

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

AMD lurkers itt, please wikileak the letter it would be a service to humanity

:same:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Literally everything about the cockpit of that ship is hot dog poo poo.

I mean for gently caress's sake you can only see half of your stupid ineffective radar globe thing.

I tried to land one of those last night after stealing it from some loser, and it was actually impossible. Then I went and landed on a new planet in the loving dark in Elite and got it right first try.

Model year 2018 cars will have mandatory rear view cameras.

Somehow in the year 2942/5 whatever you need to stare out a slit tighter than an unused pair of beef curtains.
Immersion. Fidelity. Roberts. End game.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Based on Chris' tendency to write rambling letters that go on for dozens of pages I'm inclined to believe the supposed AMD man.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

TheAgent posted:

Holy poo poo do I want to read the Letter.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

Did you mean a piece of canine excrement that is heated?
Or the feces of someone who ate hot dogs?
Or the feces a hot dog would make if it could make feces.

Yes I know this was asked before but the confusion is still stands and is relevant.

Ben turds, pilled high. Sandi piss fresh on the bottle.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Madcosby posted:

wanna read the Letter

I imagine it looks something like this
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Why do they host Roberts' embarrassing frothing on their loving corporate website

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
also I should add that everyone at e3 has their own opinion on star citizen and not a single one has been good

everyone is always "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dont wanna talk about it" when you first bring it up but after a few drinks lol

just lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: Hot dog poo poo

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'd like to know how much more CIG-bashing is going on in hotel bars between the real game developers. Their no-show certainly gave everyone carte blanche, not that their presence would have deterred it much.

Edit: Answered before I asked.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine being a multi million dollar company that makes GPUs and you're getting stuff off the CoD guys, Mass Effect guys etc to show off your cards capabilities at your big press event of the year.

Imagine you're a high up engineer in chip fab, combing through the hundreds of emails you get a day and trying to triage them so your company can continue to produce its product.

And you get a rambling, whiny email meant for advertising and talking about who-gives-a-gently caress because something happened somewhere else that has nothing to do with you. And this weirdo is emailing EVERYONE.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wanna read that screed

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Feel the sizzle!

*blasts Full Burn*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

No Toops. I haven't defended everything that is CIG. I've agreed to management inconsistencies, have said that I still don't think a significant portion of the game has been delivered, I feel that for all their claim of openness, CIG is not "open," but cherry-picking BS to keep some of the simpletons at bay, etc. As for my "faith-based" view: Yes - I have faith that CIG will deliver a game as promised in the future. I say this because I may or may not have friends in the industry who have spoken to me about the way this type of development works. I also view the lack investigation or negative legal interest in CIG as a sign that what they have been doing for the past 3-4 years either a) hasn't drawn enough attention for concern or b) just proves nothing bad is really there. I don't specifically SEEK out other posts just to nit-pick. If someone mentions me or replies to me, I respond back. What I do nit-pick are blatant inaccuracies or posts where I just feel that there is ample "evidence" to show that something is untrue.

I've been called a lot of negative in this thread. I chalk that up to a lack of maturity, an effort to get me riled-up, being overly emotional or a combination of all. So what? Want to talk facts? Sure. Want to speculate? Ok. All the other poo poo is just pointless drivel that I see right through. And no - I have nothing to learn from Derek. Stop deflecting or rather - stop using him to bait me into your narrative.

IF YOU OWN MULTIPLE SHIPS SPAWNING A NEW SHIP WITH ONE ON THE PAD WILL NO LONGER REMOVE THE PREVIOUS SHIP

I'll give you a positive thought, maturity comes from experience and experience is built on mistakes. You should mature a lot when you figure out what an absolute idiot you've been over Star Citizen.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 14, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Model year 2018 cars will have mandatory rear view cameras.

Somehow in the year 2942/5 whatever you need to stare out a slit tighter than an unused pair of beef curtains.
Immersion. Fidelity. Roberts. End game.

Oh you're trying to land a building-sized spaceship on a landing pad barely big enough to contain it and the ship will explode immediately if you do anything wrong?

That's cool. Maybe next time we'll put in some kind of camera to show you what's under you or something.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Quote for the sake of pallas

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

You people are whale locusts.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Trillhouse posted:

Imagine you're a high up engineer in chip fab, combing through the hundreds of emails you get a day and trying to triage them so your company can continue to produce its product.

And you get a rambling, whiny email meant for advertising and talking about who-gives-a-gently caress because something happened somewhere else that has nothing to do with you. And this weirdo is emailing EVERYONE.

:lol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheAgent posted:

hahahah crobbers

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

You people are whale locusts.

I think Karl had more content and I miss him, come back Karl, you were never boring, you still can outshine Moma.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh you're trying to land a building-sized spaceship on a landing pad barely big enough to contain it and the ship will explode immediately if you do anything wrong?

That's cool. Maybe next time we'll put in some kind of camera to show you what's under you or something.

They got cars that park themselves. I know. I done seen it on tv.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Charles Get-Out posted:

I don't think anyone accused them of using an incompatible geometry system, rather made fun of the fact that their promotional materials got basic maths wrong.

I think we're doing a bit of both.

The thing I reacted to was the whole “one million kilometers square”, but what the more serious posts were saying was more a suggestion that they had either a) fudged the scale to get their world size, which would cause all kinds of issues; or b) not realising what happens if you jam a kitbashed world system into a kitbashed physics engine.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If they delivered content half as much as they deliver hilarious gently caress ups we'd be playing episode 6 by now.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Trillhouse posted:

It's pretty much AMDs fault anyway for not making chips good enough to support Roberts dream.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
in the year 29-whatever airlocks are secured only by a sign and the honor system; it'd be too much trouble to even have some nobody sitting behind a camera musing "hmm, this person doesn't seem to be wearing a spacesuit, perhaps i should not open this airlock for him which would surely result in his demise?"

not like it even matters when you can clip through the walls and EVA in your skivvies

also i'll remain skeptical about that AMD Letter being real but holy :laffo: i feel it probably is anyway

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Concept upgrade. Available for uec purchasing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've been called a lot of negative in this thread. I chalk that up to a lack of maturity, an effort to get me riled-up, being overly emotional or a combination of all. So what? Want to talk facts? Sure. Want to speculate? Ok. All the other poo poo is just pointless drivel that I see right through. And no - I have nothing to learn from Derek. Stop deflecting or rather - stop using him to bait me into your narrative.

You dense moron, has it ever crossed your mind that you have been called a lot of negative things because... wait for it... they may actually be a good description of you?

Like, what kind of moron says

quote:

Want to talk facts? Sure. Want to speculate? Ok. All the other...

What other poo poo can there be besides facts and speculation? Shitposts? well that hasn't stopped you.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

peter gabriel posted:

belt dude is here to remind me every day that I have one of the belts he has kickstarted, have had it for years and it cost like £10 :lol:

Same. I bought mine over 10 years ago. Still works and fits :D.

I also think we're too mean to CIG. They just have a typo in their game description. It's not meant to be the BDSSE (best drat space sim ever), but the MDSSE (Most delayed space sim ever).

Palisader posted:

I don't care how pedantic it is--"are" and "will be" are entirely different things. Just as "will be" and "supposed to be" are. These ships are not available in game, and that's me allowing that there is something akin to a game. They are supposed to be *.
*subject to change

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Charles Get-Out posted:

I imagine it looks something like this
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Why do they host Roberts' embarrassing frothing on their loving corporate website

That reminds me. Did they ever apologize to "Miss Gardiner" and the HR department head? I thought they were going to be sued if they didn't.
Yet I see know such apology nor do I see any lawsuit on the dockets.

Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
So whats the new hot SC stuff at E3? Where is the hype? Did I miss any new Vids/trailers or interviews or.....
Oh wait!

• Locked thread