Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Yay EX250s. Here's my '08.

It's fun to be able to WOT it around town without breaking about 14 laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
The 250 Supremacy cometh! :jihad:

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR

:bandwagon:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Jumping on the 250 bandwagon...

vrooooom

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 28, 2009

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

BlueBayou posted:

Jumping on the 250 bandwagon...

vrooooom

Wow. What is that?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Gettin' in on dis

Is it possible to fill a page with Ninjettes yet? Like 5 new ones showed up in the past couple weeks.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!
There's only one way to find out!

Finally got a daylight picture, yay!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

DrakeriderCa posted:

Wow. What is that?

2004 Ninja EX250

vroooooom

the new ones look so hot though

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
Since my gf's account is currently inaccessible due to password restriction madness I'll post up her new bike. She went from a Buddy 150 scooter to this gorgeous 1973 Honda CB750 with only 33k on it:

drat this thing is heavy and steers like a steamboat and I love the Candy Buccus Olive paint.

This weekend we went out for a long ride and found ourselves at the Middle of Nowhere Diner in the middle of nowhere RI, which was perfect because we were starving.

We'll be riding these over to Unadilla in a few weeks for some camping and other madness (http://www.unadillamx.com/).

Zaknafein
Nov 16, 2004
Half Filipino. Half Venezuelan. That makes me black, I think.
those are some awfully nice bikes! did you restore that BMW or buy it in that condition?

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Here's my 1983 Honda Shadow 750 that keeps on ticking. I picked it up old and busted for about 1k. Really wish I thought to take some 'before' pictures as it was pretty dang rough...

It had:
-Torn seat
-Smashed turn signals
-Ding in gas tank
-Banged up rear fender
-Fork oil leak
-Engine head gasket oil leak
-Rusted out exhaust

I have fixed/replaced all of that slowly over the few years I've owned it.
I've also
-added highway pegs
-painted it blue.
-swapped out the grips for something less dry rotted rubber
-added saddle bag holders

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I don't think I will ever sell it... at least not until some mid-size power cruisers find themselves in production again.

:edit:
Found an 'in progress' shot... Here's what it takes to get an engine out of a bike to fix a gasket leak. Also shown here: electrical taped on old turn signals.

Halo_4am fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 29, 2009

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

monkeynuts posted:

They're hilariously fun... my only real problem is that the gears are really close together and shifting from 1 > 5 and 5 > 1 in 35 mph stop & go traffic feels excessive.

Here's mine, had it for a few weeks now:

off-topic but I have a question to ask you if you don't mind emailing me when you get a chance bohica2k5 at gmail dot com

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Zaknafein posted:

those are some awfully nice bikes! did you restore that BMW or buy it in that condition?

Thanks, the BMW looks better in pics but there's not much that can go wrong with it as long as it's ridden all the time. It is not restored at all but apparently it was blue originally instead of black which I believe gives me free rein to paint it Granada Red like this one (NOT MY BIKE):

I'm just focusing on getting it mechanically perfect for now and riding the hell out of it.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

cheesebot posted:

Thanks, the BMW looks better in pics but there's not much that can go wrong with it as long as it's ridden all the time. It is not restored at all but apparently it was blue originally instead of black which I believe gives me free rein to paint it Granada Red like this one (NOT MY BIKE):

I'm just focusing on getting it mechanically perfect for now and riding the hell out of it.

unf so hot

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

cheesebot posted:

God I love the toaster tanks; that is one beautiful machine.

earlswagger
Dec 12, 2004
Here is my recent purchase. Any other elevens here?

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I hate square headlights, but that bike is pretty tight. It's a parallel twin 1100?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's a little wide for a P-twin, isn't it? Plus check out the crossover exhaust headers. (They are boss.)

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

You're right. There are definitely four headers coming out of that engine. It actually seems compact by my standards; my old honda's engine just sort of flows out of the frame, and it's a four as well. The Yammy seems a bit more compact... maybe the tank is bigger?

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
Here's my 1980 Suzuki GS1000G:

Bore kit, Mikuni RS smoothbore carbs, the whole shebang. Probably makes 115+ hp. Love the bike, although I look like a gorilla riding a tricycle on it. Currently trying to sell it and get something like a huge BMW or KTM...

Uncle Ivan fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 1, 2009

FrothyDawg
May 24, 2002

please immediately set
about creating my robot whores, tia Science
:roboluv:
Posted some of these pix in the Piggy relay thread but never got around to putting any up in this thread. So here we go.

My 2002 BMW R1150GS. Bought it used with 47,000 miles for $8,000 two months ago. Already took it on a trip from Orange County to San Fran; planning on more soon. I love this bike to death and I don't see myself ever letting it go.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Shlomo Palestein posted:

You're right. There are definitely four headers coming out of that engine. It actually seems compact by my standards; my old honda's engine just sort of flows out of the frame, and it's a four as well. The Yammy seems a bit more compact... maybe the tank is bigger?

That's a bigger bike than it looks. Nice, earlswagger!

earlswagger
Dec 12, 2004
Yeah, its an 1100 with a wiseco 1179 kit in it. The pipe is a jardine spahetti. Hard to find these days from what I hear. Solid bike though, quite heavy but fast.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap
Can't let the Ninja's take all of the 250 love.

CBAARRRGGGHHHHH

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Kyon posted:

CBAARRRGGGHHHHH

Is that one of those crazy I4 250s that we don't get in the states?

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Kyon posted:

CBAARRRGGGHHHHH

I want this bike. So. loving. Badly.

deadbeet
Sep 27, 2006
I was banned, and lo I have risen again
Here's a picture I took of my bike today on the Blue Ridge Parkway, about 20 minutes from where I live. Excuse the photoshopping, I've been going a little photomatix crazy lately.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I love every vehicle italy has blessed us with. Except the Multipla. gently caress that thing.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

blugu64 posted:

Is that one of those crazy I4 250s that we don't get in the states?

Yeah, it's a CBR250RR. They're quite common in Australia unfortunately :(

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
An old housemate had one of those. I took it for a ride once and I almost dropped it at the first set of lights I stopped at because it's so small and low I booted the ground instead of putting my foot down.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I just got a new 07 V Star 1300 last Wednesday. 300 miles so far, halfway to the break-in service interval. I want to get the break-in over asap cause I have a 3 day ride around the Olympic Peninsula and down the OR coast coming up next month.

It's got floorboards with a heel shifter, 2-1 pipe, hidden rear shock, liquid cooled EFI that likes to run, belt final drive, and a wicked wide 5 speed.

The stock pipe is really quiet. I don't want to wake the dead or anything, but I am going to need a little more pop on that front. You can't hear it over the wind.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/ef/efa4aa98e7f42ad8ca58750b497638155bc9d1c0.jpg

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Uncle Ivan posted:

Here's my 1980 Suzuki GS1000G:

Bore kit, Mikuni RS smoothbore carbs, the whole shebang. Probably makes 115+ hp. Love the bike, although I look like a gorilla riding a tricycle on it. Currently trying to sell it and get something like a huge BMW or KTM...

Try putting it up on the gs resources

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

My ongoing project and daily rider, the Lazy Geisha.

1980 Yamaha XS850SG.

Lookit that seat, that's a pro seat right there. I'm planning on shaving down the original foam and covering it with an OD Army tarp.

My repro Model A Duolite. Stop, indeed.

The rest of the stable includes a '66 Bridgestone S90, a '74 Yamaha RD200E and the wife's '79 Kawasaki KZ400LTD.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

BSAKat posted:

1980 Yamaha XS850SG.

Very nice. What did you use to black out the exhaust like that? I'd like to do that but don't really want to sink heavy money into it on my own 80's era bike.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Halo_4am posted:

Very nice. What did you use to black out the exhaust like that? I'd like to do that but don't really want to sink heavy money into it on my own 80's era bike.

Thanks. I used a few cans of a supposed super high-temp paint used on car exhaust manifolds. It's worked so far, and for a sum total of about ten dollars American.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

BSAKat posted:

Thanks. I used a few cans of a supposed super high-temp paint used on car exhaust manifolds. It's worked so far, and for a sum total of about ten dollars American.

Were they chromed before? How did you work around that?

Last time I looked into painting the exhaust, The question of painting over chrome came up and I never got it answered properly.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

BSAKat posted:

Needs a scrambler exhaust

That looks like a pretty cool little project. Any reason you left the fenders unpainted?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Uthor posted:

Were they chromed before? How did you work around that?

Last time I looked into painting the exhaust, The question of painting over chrome came up and I never got it answered properly.

I scuffed the poo poo out of them with a wire wheel then put probably five coats of paint on them.

Simkin posted:

That looks like a pretty cool little project. Any reason you left the fenders unpainted?

They are painted, they were originally chrome. I painted every inch of chrome on the bike; fenders, headlight bucket, gauge buckets, etc. Scuffed thoroughly with a wire wheel, two coats of self-etching primer, two coats of red primer then liberal application of that Rustoleum flat OD. Also, you are correct, a scrambler exhaust would look rad but I don't know how I'd swing it on that bike.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

BSAKat posted:

1980 Yamaha XS850SG.

Lookit that seat, that's a pro seat right there. I'm planning on shaving down the original foam and covering it with an OD Army tarp.

My repro Model A Duolite. Stop, indeed.

The rest of the stable includes a '66 Bridgestone S90, a '74 Yamaha RD200E and the wife's '79 Kawasaki KZ400LTD.

Totally awesome. I love well done rat style Bikes, and the OD is pretty kickass as well. I'm envious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

86 Kawasaki ZL600, I picked it up for a grand a few weeks ago. A little rough around the edges but now running pretty well. Had to but a new rotor / pads, that's the only significant other cost so far. Getting back into ridding after a 9 year break. I wanted something to get me through the rest of summer / fall. Hope to buy something newer next spring, although this bike is pretty drat fun for now. Went for a 100 mile ride in up into the mountains today. Took MSF class with my wife last week. Bought here a used Honda rebel as well.