Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Plan Z posted:

How about give him that insane damage dropoff with pistols where it takes like twenty rounds to kills someone?

Then they guy that should be behind Montagne/Blitz does what you usually do to Tachanka. It doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Want easy kills at an objective? Stand outside a window with a shield and just pick off everyone in the room. Cant flank, cant shoot legs, so its a turkey shoot. Just line up and ADS instant HS. Anyone tries to rush up on you that can have nitro, just back up. Rinse, repeat.

Also, recruit and shield is a great option since you can carry frags as well as picking your handgun.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Having a recruit with frags and a shield almost feels like cheating.

Almost. :unsmigghh:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Smelly posted:

Having a recruit with frags and a shield almost feels like cheating.

Almost. :unsmigghh:

Yea I love that class setup. Nobody expects the frag from a shield carrier.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Kanish posted:

Want easy kills at an objective? Stand outside a window with a shield and just pick off everyone in the room. Cant flank, cant shoot legs, so its a turkey shoot. Just line up and ADS instant HS. Anyone tries to rush up on you that can have nitro, just back up. Rinse, repeat.

Also, recruit and shield is a great option since you can carry frags as well as picking your handgun.

I usually rush the side of the window when that happens, forcing him to either come in or gently caress off.

Liberatore posted:

Glaz can shoot through shield visors.

One of the only ways to teamkill!

quote:

Tachanka

Just fix his inability to put down his loving MG where you want it first, then talk about making him more balanced, hell he cant even turn 360 with it like he does in his loving intro video (?).

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

It'd invalidate two characters because Tachanka's LMG is a two shot to the chest which means just aim at the middle of the shield and remove a character from their team, so no. Something should be done with Tachanka, but it isn't that.

So? That means shield users can't just walk through levels easily anymore and teams will have another thing to look out for. If teams do look out for him then they can just do what they usually do and shoot him through a wall.

It gives him a purpose as it gives another counter to shields that isn't reliant on a nade and he's still vulnerable to a team that actually scouts. What's not to like?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

dogstile posted:

So? That means shield users can't just walk through levels easily anymore and teams will have another thing to look out for. If teams do look out for him then they can just do what they usually do and shoot him through a wall.

It gives him a purpose as it gives another counter to shields that isn't reliant on a nade and he's still vulnerable to a team that actually scouts. What's not to like?

A lot, letting him shoot through the glass? Fine. letting him pen the entire shield? Thats lame and would make for bad gameplay and make the lovely character drastically overpowered.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Who needs a flashbang shield when blitz can just smoke an entire room, then sneak around with his shieldbuddy montagne, giving people the ravenshield.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Nalesh posted:

Another thing that could skew it is that fuze doesn't need to use a shield, he has an assault rifle and an lmg too. and this is ubisoft so they probably didn't account for that.

They did account for it. When they released the full infographic they said they ignored all the stats pertaining to fuze because he wasn't 100% a shield operator and also had the cluster bombs.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Who needs a flashbang shield when blitz can just smoke an entire room, then sneak around with his shieldbuddy montagne, giving people the ravenshield.

For clarification, Nalesh and another teammate smoked up a hostage room, swung in and then beat three guys to death with their shields.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Man the matchmaking is even worse than normal tonight, got stuck on the stupid smoke screen several times in a row. I hope they fix this poo poo soon.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Popelmon posted:

Man the matchmaking is even worse than normal tonight, got stuck on the stupid smoke screen several times in a row. I hope they fix this poo poo soon.

Yeah, it was fine until later on then it started happening every time. Have the devs ever specifically mentioned this issue?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Gunder posted:

Yeah, it was fine until later on then it started happening every time. Have the devs ever specifically mentioned this issue?

They've addressed the matchmaking issues in general. Stated they're being worked on but there are so many problems with it, they're eliminating them one by one.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
God drat on PS4 it's like I have to choose between not being able to shoot for poo poo or not being able to turn for poo poo (can't play on PC any more due to the carpal). What sensitivity settings are you guys using? I'm doing okay with 3 vertical 4 horizontal, 10-7 deadzone, 20 ADS. But still feelin like I can't get my head around fast enough to check behind me.

Besides that, this piece of buggy and horrible and stupid matchmaking hell is like, the germ of a dream tactical shooter. I really hope the community takes off and they continue to support and tighten up this thing, because it is fun as fuuuuuuuck

PSN is yellowjournalism and I'll be on later tonight to shewt dewds

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

A lot, letting him shoot through the glass? Fine. letting him pen the entire shield? Thats lame and would make for bad gameplay and make the lovely character drastically overpowered.

I wasn't really a fan of the penetration idea to begin with. As far as the glass goes, it's way too much up to chance, much like (I feel) the same as the GSG 9 headshot thing. Just to throw something out for discussion, how about Tachanka doing a miniscule amount of damage to a character when hitting the shield, like a few HP per hit? Maybe so that a full magazine is barely enough to kill Blitz or something. This forces the shield to make a choice to fire back, or depend on his teammates to help. The only other thing I can think of that isn't useless or hard to implement would be to let him put the MG down in more places, or on top of objects like desks or deployable shields (obviously take away his ability to put them down if he has it; I forget if he does).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I still feel like the wirelessly controlled MG thing sombody brought up a a while back would probably work best. You still have to deal with it being finicky and hard to place down but once you have it in place it could still tear poo poo up with no risk to Tachanka. Thatcher's EMP could counter and everything would be right with the world.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I decided to give Recruit with Shield + Frags/Breaches a try after the discussion about Blitz being rear end. Went with FBI because the 5.7 is a great pistol not normally afforded to shields. Wtf its op??? Felt way easier to land headshots with the 5.7 vs Blitz & Montagnes pistols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOId0rZghNo

Also here is a bonus video showing the power of GLAZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT1CdIF-I5I

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Jerkface posted:

I decided to give Recruit with Shield + Frags/Breaches a try after the discussion about Blitz being rear end. Went with FBI because the 5.7 is a great pistol not normally afforded to shields. Wtf its op??? Felt way easier to land headshots with the 5.7 vs Blitz & Montagnes pistols.

Nice clip man; as a big blitzer I've gotta give this a try.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Agreed, that looks hell'a fun!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Blitz is the most fun. I ran into a player in the suburban basement, shieldflashed them, and mag-dumped into their butt as they blindly sprinted up the stairs into a barricade.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

New patch: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1368508-Patch-Notes-Update-1-2?s=d7f15c6b5e5b45a95cd5978e460e6f7c&p=11277924&viewfull=1#post11277924

Promises to fix some of the most common issues which is great, and makes the tick rate 60 on PC permanently.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

It feels like headshots are way to easy to get in this game. Does anyone else feel that way? If I just point near someone's head it's like a guaranteed headshot

Orv
May 4, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

It feels like headshots are way to easy to get in this game. Does anyone else feel that way? If I just point near someone's head it's like a guaranteed headshot

There is no spread when you ADS, so if you point you kill. I don't think the headshot mechanic is a bad thing but that's a hill I'm not particularly eager to die on.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Is there a good place or comprehensive resource to catch up on strategy for maps or operators? Trying to play some catch up when I'm not at the console because I haven't logged much time online at all yet.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Give Tachanka's MG more ammo and ammo cap. If Fuze can have 100 round belts, so should Tachanka's. My favorite thing to do is shoot out all the internal walls on the first floor, if the objective is on the second floor. Attacked get really confused, and either get overly cautious which wastes their time or oblivious to all the holes and they can get picked by rosters easily.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

The Saboteur posted:

Is there a good place or comprehensive resource to catch up on strategy for maps or operators? Trying to play some catch up when I'm not at the console because I haven't logged much time online at all yet.

The serenity17 youtube channel has excellent guides for most operator and some maps

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Update 1.2 Patch Notes

Ubisoft posted:

General Tweaks and Improvements

Hit Registration Improvements
Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.

Data center selection is now possible (PC users only, for now)
PC users can change their default data centers in the Rainbow Six game settings file (gamesettings.ini), which is usually located in the ‘My Documents\My Games\your Uplay ID’ folder. Change the DataCenterHint value from ‘default’ to the region’s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. The available region short names can be found just above the DataCenterHint line.

Note that we are planning to eventually expose this in the in-game UI for all platforms and this PC-exclusive feature is only a first step.

Matchmaking Improvements
Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.

Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.

Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.

Gameplay Fixes
Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied (read: playlist changes from this post).
Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move.
Some situations still cause this bug. It is a work in progress.

Level Design Fixes
Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.

Online Flow Fixes
Fixed Error [3-0x0001000B].
Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.

UI Fixes
Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.

Audio Fixes
XB1: Fixed a bug in which if a player constrained the game, snapped an app, then unconstrained the game, he or she would lose the voice chat.
XB1: Fixed a bug in which the game did not exhibit any audio whilst the player had any app snapped.

Other Fixes
The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended, see this post for more details.
Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Orv posted:

There is no spread when you ADS, so if you point you kill.

Really? I didn't know this; there's still bullet drop at least right? The reason I ask, last night I tried to shoot a camera from a good distance ADS with an smg and couldn't kill it for the life of me even though I was aiming directly at it.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Anderron Shi posted:

Really? I didn't know this; there's still bullet drop at least right? The reason I ask, last night I tried to shoot a camera from a good distance ADS with an smg and couldn't kill it for the life of me even though I was aiming directly at it.

I don't know about bullet drop, but at long distances you're basically trying to be pixel-accurate when almost none of the sights are good enough for that.

I presume that wasn't the case but if you shoot a camera from an elevated position, you end up hitting the post rather than the camera itself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't think there is bullet drop in this at all. I haven't tested it but if there was bullet drop I should probably be missing far away camera more.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sometimes i perfectly shoot the cameras dead on from a mile away with a pistol, and sometimes no matter where I aim the camera refused to die. I once shot point blank at a camera and the bullet hole appeared like 2 feet above my gun sight. Sometimes bullets do weird things.

Theres no bullet drop or theres not enough for it to ever be a consideration. There is only damage drop off.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Pretty sure the bullets are all hitscan with no bullet drop.

Some of the sights are not exactly accurate though, for example, the Russian ACOG sight is set slightly too high and the bullet actually hits below the dot.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Who needs bullets when you have shield bashing.

(Speaking of which, where is the video of me bashing the hell out of the enemy team, person I forgot the name of :v: )

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 8, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

They should let you jump in this game

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Also here is a bonus video showing the power of GLAZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT1CdIF-I5I

That kind of win would never happen on console, aiming is way too twitchy and tough to get those snap headshots. Nice clip though!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

That kind of win would never happen on console, aiming is way too twitchy and tough to get those snap headshots. Nice clip though!

it is on console :ssh:

The 5.7 is really bad though. Sure, it has a huge mag, but it does like 9 damage with body shots.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 8, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Orv posted:

There is no spread when you ADS, so if you point you kill. I don't think the headshot mechanic is a bad thing but that's a hill I'm not particularly eager to die on.

I only notice the headshots when I feel like I can dump way too many rounds centre-mass before someone can quick-spin and headshot me with hipfire. But like you, it's not a hill for me.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

The 5.7 is really bad though. Sure, it has a huge mag, but it does like 9 damage with body shots.

If you're using a shield and not aiming for headshots, you're not using the shield right. You're not going to out-DPS an SMG or AR with pistol bodyshots.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Who needs bullets when you have shield bashing.

(Speaking of which, where is the video of me bashing the hell out of the enemy team, person I forgot the name of :v: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGcAZXVJYlU

We might have won but you were a little too committed to the gimmick in a pretty bad way, you should have planted and then you could have stood, stalwart, in the fireplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How's the patch?

• Locked thread