Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

The first section of irithyll is just to let you know that the game has stopped giving a gently caress about your feelibgs

lmao i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the butcher's cleaver guillotine attack can now be rapidly repeated if you have the stamina, no one ever sees it coming in pvp lmao god i love this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

since dark spirits get limited estus and hp they feel more like just a hard, clever enemy in the level instead of making me just want to quit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the Dark Souls of feels games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well the area, uh, upstairs from Irithyll is certainly interesting

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just found my first lord of cinders. i sort of want to solo it, and i sort of want to co-op it, since it's an epic co-op battle. i'm just going to solo it, tho.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm at the Road of Sacrifices halfway fort and I still haven't changed my armor set or shield.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm at the Road of Sacrifices halfway fort and I still haven't changed my armor set or shield.

What class did you pick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Knight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:cool::hf::darksouls:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
When I finally find the Sunbros covenant but the game runs so poorly or my PC that I can't play online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgjH8jnXSoA

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I always play as a knight in my first run... It's tradition

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i just found my first lord of cinders. i sort of want to solo it, and i sort of want to co-op it, since it's an epic co-op battle. i'm just going to solo it, tho.

It was really fun to solo. If you could bring purple phantoms into boss fights I definitely would have done that though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did the same thing but Herald

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I always play as a knight in my first run... It's tradition

Same, also I didn't change my armor until the area you're in either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol holy poo poo. I was having trouble with Deacons of the Deep and then I remembered how the healing ring works and I used Sellsword Twinblades and suddenly didnt have to use estus

That's Bloodborne baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

On my first run of these games I usually drop a soapstone in front of a boss 2 or 3 times just because I like fighting them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

On my first run of these games I usually drop a soapstone in front of a boss 2 or 3 times just because I like fighting them

I usually make a first attempt and then if I lose I'll co-op for a little bit to get the humanity equivalent back and learn how the boss works before trying solo again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I like that sun guys can invade for medals too, because it lets me invade and coop once I beat an area without feeling like I'm wasting time I could be spending maxing sun warrior covenant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I usually make a first attempt and then if I lose I'll co-op for a little bit to get the humanity equivalent back and learn how the boss works before trying solo again.

This. When I first stumbled on the forest boss, crystal witch, I had no flasks and died after a few attacks without realizing what was happening. Then when I did coop I thought the fight was a joke until a clone popped up and scared the hell out of me lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coop makes that boss a complete joke though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DS3 is so good I actually get anxiety before opening the game because I feel like I'm not emotionally ready to experience such a masterpiece

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

DS3 is so good I actually get anxiety before opening the game because I feel like I'm not emotionally ready to experience such a masterpiece

This but BLOPSIII.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This. When I first stumbled on the forest boss, crystal witch, I had no flasks and died after a few attacks without realizing what was happening. Then when I did coop I thought the fight was a joke until a clone popped up and scared the hell out of me lol

Lol the exact same thing happened to me.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was like wow the crystal sage is a pussy and then he one shot me with the laser

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the one that was like a friggin machine gun but it's magic.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The phase changes get nuts on some of these later bosses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a half hour left at work and I can't stop thinking about this drat game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I have a half hour left at work and I can't stop thinking about this drat game.

Ask Bradford Cox if you can leave early today.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm taking a break for today (well, i might start again around 9:00 or so), but while i was driving just now all i could think about was my strategy for watchers. i think i have a good idea of what to do, but phase 2 was really pushing my poo poo in.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Omfg... Give the crow a bone

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is the Crow near Firelink Shrine Y/N

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
pickle pee, pump a rum, give a crow a bone. this undead is filling thrones

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Its very near

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im going to find that crow and give her all my poo poo.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Im going to find that crow and give her all my poo poo.

Give it a blow job

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Welp, finally got stuck on a boss, 20 hours in the game. King of the Storm is giving me some grief, and there's a lack of co-op there because the area is a secret.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Give it a blow job

Im not going to do that. Its not even possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

spoilers yes btw.

• Locked thread