Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Easy Mode cause gently caress this game at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I have no strong feelings so you can choose for me Scoob.

Also this thread has a) gotten me addicted to SMD b) gotten me to watch the dubs again (although that is also shared with Sailor Moon Says) and now c) has introduced me to Sailor Business. Stop taking away my precious time Sailor Moon :argh:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Easy mode.

This game didn't try, why should you?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Easy mode. This game is broken, might as well break it more.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Easy mode. Let's be merciful to Scoob.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Easy Mode so that'd be Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter and Uranus with Sailor Moon?

I mean once you Time Stop you just gotta use three people who'll cap out the damage.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Easy Mode

This is the type of game where making the LPer cross isn't going to make it entertaining for readers, just make it longer to get updates out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Get Revenge for all the bullshit

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

:black101: K I L L T H E M A L L :black101:

But bring mercury. :gbsmith:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

I mean, it would deal with all those small business startups the villains keep trying to use to absorb energy from people.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

I mean, it would deal with all those small business startups the villains keep trying to use to absorb energy from people.

Jaedite: The humans play something called 'video games' and create a lot of energy, I think I will make what is called a 'GameSpot' for them to gather it all for the Negaverse!

Nephlyte: *from the shadows in the back* Oh really, another business? How many mortgages on you house to pay for all these small business loans do you have now? 10? 20? 100?

Jaedite: Shut up! I am going to kill the Sailor Scouts and Queen Beryl will rule the universe!

Nephlyte: Oh that's right, what was your plan again... throwing planes at them really, really slowly? How did that work out for you.

Queen Beryl: You failed me too many times Jaedite, now go to eternal sleep! *encases Jaedite in crystal and phases him through the ceiling*

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

ProfessorProf posted:

From my admittedly limited (but very depressing) experience on the subject, that's every small business startup. Possibly literally, in one case.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

This just makes me want to turn the final boss fight into photos of a dying outlet center up the coast now.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Dariusknight posted:

Jaedite: The humans play something called 'video games' and create a lot of energy, I think I will make what is called a 'GameSpot' for them to gather it all for the Negaverse!

Nephlyte: *from the shadows in the back* Oh really, another business? How many mortgages on you house to pay for all these small business loans do you have now? 10? 20? 100?

okay now i'm just imagining a universe in which happypuppy and by association the COGIATI are part of some really dumb scheme concocted by jadeite's genderswap twin JDRite and i don't know how to feel about this

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

:black101: K I L L T H E M A L L :black101:

But bring mercury. :gbsmith:

I agree with this. Both parts.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Easy Mode because it explicitly involves Pluto and Saturn, who are the best sailors.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Sorry about the random topic change, but I am absolutely disgusted right now. I played stage 27 of the Makoto event ALL. DAY. TODAY. and I still did not beat it. I had 73/75 stars when the event ended at midnight.

I'm so pissed off. After not getting Usagi the one time, I was really careful about being sure to play every day and make progress so this wouldn't happen, but I guess the RNG was not on my side today. The stages absolutely sucked. I know it's only a mobile phone game but I'm so annoyed that after an entire day, multiple hearts, and about $10 worth of gems (for 1 hour of infinite hearts and resetting game boards) I STILL couldn't beat the stupid level. Times like this really make me wonder if they crank it on the last day to screw you over. Honestly, it's a fun game but the events are stressful and feel like cheating.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got screwed over. :sigh: I wonder how long until the events repeat? It seems like we're only getting new characters for a while and I'm not sure how long it'll take to cycle through.

E: The worst was having one move left and one hit left on the enemy, and having the game conveniently misinterpret my swipe, losing the level. :bang:

Alligator Pie fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 12, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I didn't get it either. It isn't just you. I stopped somewhere in the middle and went "boy, this one is tight".

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Some of the levels in the event were so brutal in terms of RNG, especially that attack the enemy one with the donut-shaped level. It wasn't as unfair as Usagi (which I barely finished by the skin of my teeth and only completed 3/5 constellations), but if it wasn't for some lucky RNG, I would never have gotten Makoto. They pulled no punches in that event.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
It was ridiculous. I talked to a friend of mine and she gave up halfway just like Scoob, and she's got all the other event characters. In the end, I do know it's a free to play so it should be expected. But it's just so fun when it's not being an unfair jerk. :smith:

I've actually been enjoying playing it without the events, going back and playing early levels I didn't do so well on, being leisurely about it. Hopefully the next one isn't so harsh. I would really like Chibiusa and Pluto, but I'm going to take my time.

On topic, I agree that easy mode
sounds best. I hope today is easy mode for me after staying up late playing mobile phone games. :sparkles:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I beat my head against 25-27 just to clear them, then had to go back to get one extra star somewhere. Managed to do it but hoooly hell, they really made the requirements tight this go around.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
PAX hit right in the middle of the event so I knew I was never getting Makoto in the first place, sounds like that was the correct choice.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

I gave up on Makoto midway through and moved on to Black Moon to work my way toward Sailor Pluto. She seems more worthy of the effort.

Hard mode because we need to go out in a way befitting the thread title.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Cheese Pain posted:

Sorry about the random topic change, but I am absolutely disgusted right now. I played stage 27 of the Makoto event ALL. DAY. TODAY. and I still did not beat it. I had 73/75 stars when the event ended at midnight.

I'm so pissed off. After not getting Usagi the one time, I was really careful about being sure to play every day and make progress so this wouldn't happen, but I guess the RNG was not on my side today. The stages absolutely sucked. I know it's only a mobile phone game but I'm so annoyed that after an entire day, multiple hearts, and about $10 worth of gems (for 1 hour of infinite hearts and resetting game boards) I STILL couldn't beat the stupid level. Times like this really make me wonder if they crank it on the last day to screw you over. Honestly, it's a fun game but the events are stressful and feel like cheating.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got screwed over. :sigh: I wonder how long until the events repeat? It seems like we're only getting new characters for a while and I'm not sure how long it'll take to cycle through.

E: The worst was having one move left and one hit left on the enemy, and having the game conveniently misinterpret my swipe, losing the level. :bang:

I barely got her. I think the skill enhancer is probably the strongest of the starting boosts, which I'd honestly stock up on if I had the chance. I recall accidentally turning one on when I went into 27 a day or so before the event ended, and easily got 3* because it turns out spamming Mercury's skill everywhere makes life really easy when you can actually make stripes on your own.

(Also I had literally no hearts for a week of the event, only getting them off friend mail, so I had to play a lot tighter than I normally would. It was a massive pain.)

Let's also vote for Hard Mode unless it's utterly insane to do so.

Brerose
Jun 10, 2016

Echo Cian posted:

Hard mode because we need to go out in a way befitting the thread title.

Seconding.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Also, since I forgot to actually throw a vote in my dumb joke post:

I don't know if it's some kind of manic upswing after ????weeks of crippling depression or what but something about the idea of going out of your way to form Team Bringing A Pool Noodle to a Knife Fight is making me giggle uncontrollably so I'm gonna vote Hard Mode.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 13, 2016

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Easy Mode, because gently caress this game (and gently caress me for downloading this when I was 12 and thinking it was fun. I was a dumb kid.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Votes are closed, a party has been formed, and tonight I'm going to try to get this finale together, then go back through the game and capture a bunch of extras.

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Godspeed, scoob. :patriot:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Here are our endgame parties! I bring Mercury as the sole Inner character with Sailor Moon for two reasons:
a) it is going to make an upcoming cutscene hilarious
b) you know Pluto would go "I'M STAYING WITH THE KID"

Yes, there's an unspoken c). Shut up.

Offscreen, Tuxedo Mask has handily whooped Fiore's rear end, and a blood-trail of rose petals is leading us deeper into Totally Not The Void From FFV.

That's not a joke, by the way. We are 100% reusing that earlier dungeon, except now there are rose petals scattered for a while. A few steps in, Luna is going to make this massively more confusing:

The rose petals seem to be going to the Tower of Time.
........!? The Tower of Time!?

Yeah, this was my reaction, because that's not a thing in the series.

But I guess earlier that thing somehow sunk into a black hole and vanished earlier after we saved Pluto, not that it really came through. So it shouldn't be here. (For a few reasons.)

When we approach, Apsu begins taunting us. She's got Tuxedo Mask, we have to fight her, she controls time now, blah blah. The conversation between Luna and Sailor Moon is basically "So, what now?" "Well, I'm going to kick the poo poo out of her and save my husband." "Fair enough."

Chained to the wall in the middle of the entirely reused dungeon (down to "I hope you remember where the teleport points to go forward were") is Tuxedo Mask, who is being held in "chains of Apsu's mental power". Basically "if we don't beat the endboss, he won't get loose". He takes this pretty well in stride as the series straight man:

Sorry, it... looks like we can't free you yet...
What are you saying? Don't worry about me. Just focus on beating Apsu.
But-
If you beat her, then I'll be free. If you lose, then I die. But I believe in you. When we die, it'll be together, at the same time.

While this sentiment is admirable, that poor bastard is sure wrong about part of that. He definitely dies before her. Repeatedly. And literally!

I also need to append a statement from the last update. There are indeed still random encounters in a post-Anshar world. They are just the enemies from 2 chapters back, thus, if you haven't leveled up before this dungeon, you're going to be hosed if you try to do so in here. God, pity the poor child who didn't prepare properly for this.

Finally, in the room where the evil tree was last time, Apsu is chilling, because god forbid we design a new room for the endboss.

She makes one last attempt to gently caress with everyone's history, and the Silver Crystal protects Sailor Moon.

Sorry, Usagi. You'll never pass... whatever class that was.

But! Only Usagi gets shielded, and this is why I brought along Sailor Mercury...

Sorry, I... I couldn't believe in the Silver Crystal... If I fight like this, I'll get behind in my studies, and I won't be able to become a doctor anymore...

Every Inner Senshi has a line here, and the game once again figures you brought the original quintet along, because nobody else does. So while Sailor Moon is trying to spur "everyone" back to action in her speech, it just comes off like two teens at a Cure concert trying to out-mope one another.

I don't know what the kids listen to when they're sad these days. Shut up.

But, finally, Apsu just realizes that the easiest way to win is murder.

Apsu brings all the pain you'd expect an endboss to, and has the absolute coolest attack name in the game:

DARK SUN

It hurts like a motherfucker, obviously.

For some reason, Sailor Saturn does minimal damage in this fight. I'm still unsure if there's damage typing in this game's code, but it's the only reason I can explain why everyone else is hitting in the thousands and Saturn does Chibi-Moon level damage.

This fight drags on a little and I went through more than a couple of revival items and Colognes in the battle. Have I mentioned, by the way, that you cannot actually buy anything beyond the "revive with 30HP" item in this game's shops? Every single item you'd want for a boss fight or endgame is chest or (very, very rarely) drop only. I have under 10. I realize this is because people come back from "fainting" after a battle, but it also means that the difference between a close battle and a party wipe is "did I get lucky and revive someone while the enemy somehow didn't target all party members with their next move".

One exception: apparently a guide says you can get the Holy Berry item in a shop for 10000 apiece. It will revive you with 100 whole hit points.

Meaning you will also probably still die in one hit afterwards.

To sum up just how much the game assumed you split the parties as Inner/Outer here, the cutscene immediately repositions everyone based on when they were introduced. Chibi-Usa is just begging for praise when she shows up, watches a temporal warlord die at her mother's hand, and goes:

Shingo is home now.

Before anyone can chide her for this, the tower begins crumbling.

Sailor Moon makes a side-trip for her husband and I love how this plays out:

We defeated Apsu!
Good job! Now let's get out!

And they do.

Once again, the tower sinks slightly and then cuts away, because it's the exact same animation as before.

Again, gently caress writing dialogue for those other ladies, who aren't even in the scene.

The tower is crumbling...
Now everything is over.
No. We still have to purify the comet.

THIS IS NEWS TO ME, BY THE WAY

If you put all your powers into the Silver Crystal, it might work to cleanse it.
But when will it arrive?
(not even bothering to look down or anything as she says this) By my calculations, two hours from now, in the future.

Easily the most tortured sentence in this game, by the way.

Everyone takes turns screaming their transformation phrase in a circle, and...

...a blue healing beam shoots out into the sky...

...and the animation from the opening crawl of the game plays.

SERIOUSLY, though, this amount of reuse is embarassing.

Thankfully, we're done here.

The Crystal Palace isn't returning to normal!

Or not.

(bursting in) Is there something we missed?
Tuxedo Mask, wait here.
That's right. We wouldn't always want to rely on you.
Leave it to us.
Everyone...

I cannot tell if he's humbled or condescended to there.

"Well, this sucks."

Remember Sin? Remember how she teleported away, still pissed at us? Well, now she's found Apsu and gone "oh no, you're not dying on me yet, hell-nana!"

Please note that between those two scenes they teleported Tuxedo Mask out of the room again. Now, I want to quote this because I am 100% sure this is wrong, but gently caress if I'm going to wait for someone to fact-check the Japanese on this when I'm so close to the finish line.

I have sensed it also. This evil energy is surrounding the Crystal Palace.
At this rate, the people inside the palace will be taken over. They'll be poisoned by the evil.
They could even all die...
Huh? Mom and dad could die? I don't want that!
If Queen Serenity and King Endymion die-

okay let's just cut her off right there

They aren't in the palace.

Or at least the devs were too lazy to reuse their sprites anywhere in here, because believe you me, I searched every loving room of this place before whooping Anshar in case of chests.

Anyway, continue.

...the world held up by the Silver Crystal will become a land of chaos. We'll have to finish it off ourselves.

While I know she means "the energy", please note that it would be 100% in character for Sailor Saturn to go "The world has collapsed into anarchy, it's our job to put it out of its misery".

I've calculated the position of the energy source on my computer. The source is in the basement of the palace.

At this point we can move again, and I immediately spring for those two chests. To punish me, the game has filled them full of horseshit, level 2 healing items.

Right, it's this room here.
Agreed, the energy's coming from here.

YOU TOTALLY DON'T KNOW, you just wanted to sound like you did something. (Also: again, note that it gave me the Inner/Outer parties in this scene.)

I won't lose to some evil energy. I'll protect everyone... the entire Earth! Let's move out, everyone! But Chibi-Moon, you stay behind.
Why?! I can fight with you too!
No!! What if everyone dies...?

While the actual next line out of Chibi-Moon's mouth should be "didn't you just say you wouldn't lose?", her reply is in fact...

HOLY GOD what happened to your everything

Luckily, Sailor Moon says what we were all thinking.

Apsu! So it was you... what's with that body?!
I've merged with Sin! I've become a little unsightly... but all this power!! If I wanted, the palace could be reduced to dust instantly! But I'd like to kill you myself, just to be satisfied. Besides... If I destroy the palace, finding the Silver Crystal would become such a hassle.
You... why... In the name of the Moon... I shall punish you!

Demon Apsu is our true endbo-

oh

it's one of those fights.

I did it... I have defeated Sailor Moon! I can rule everything! The world! Even time itself! EVERYTHING!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

if you didn't read that in Gary Oldman's voice, get out

Yep. So if you didn't figure it out earlier, Team Babysit Shingo is actually our mop-up crew. The party split was misdirection from the game.

As the actual final boss, Demon Apsu is a cakewalk story boss meant to let you tread all over her, and you can tell she's the real finale because she doesn't give you poo poo-all when you slay her. For some reason, unlike the tree fight, they didn't make all of the boss into background, so when you slay her, the giant dragon head just lays around like some sort of hellish cat, ignoring you.

I saved Mama and Papa!
Gah... even with your looks, you're a Sailor Soldier. You did well... but! I WILL NOT FALL HERE!!

Apsu detonates herself...

...aaaaand Anshar teleports in and takes the blow.

I'm going to skip the part where Anshar speaks to the part of Sin still remaining inside Hell-Apsu here and her heart grows three sizes, paralyzing the beast. If you've played a JRPG, you know how this speech goes. If you haven't, allow me to show you a much more succinct example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP1KdxpnywU&t=50s

Eventually, Chibi-Moon gets the hint: "Hey, stupid, cast Cure Evil Wounds while she can't move".

Unfortunately, she did not think about this beforehand, and because she only met Anshar due to Apsu's loving around, he, Sin, and everyone else are returning to their original timelines as bratty teenagers and a kindergardener.

I cannot stress enough how much the ending just takes a giant poo poo on Chibi-Moon at this point. She pleads to Luna to stop this, and Luna remains silent. Then, one scene transition later...

I can't see Anshar anymore...?
That's not entirely true.
Really?!
But...
Anshar and Sin would have led different lives.
Even if you do meet Anshar, he wouldn't know you.
He wouldn't...? Nononono! I don't want that! (she begins crying)
Chibi-Usa... it's not like Anshar's dead. You can start over again!
Well, actually... No, that won't work.
...what.
If Chibi-Moon and Anshar meet again, the gates of fate could open. In turn, the Opposito Senshi might...
So Apsu might also return?
Wow. This is too cruel.
Buuuuuut... As we move away from our current timeline, the effects may weaken.
Perhaps, but that would be many years into the future, during which Anshar and Small Lady cannot be together at all.
Noooooooo! (crying doubles)

Cut to the way too near future, wherein despite us just reusing animation from the opening of the game (minus the sepia filter), Chibi-Usa has decided to toy with the fates of millions.

Ow... you okay?
I'm fine.......!! Anshar!
Who are you? How do you know my name?
Huh...? Oh, it's... it's nothing. I'm sorry. (She looks down to see her pendant.) Oh! This is...
Oh! Thanks for finding that for me.
That pendant?
(picking it up) This? I don't know where I got it, but I've had it for a while. When I have this, I feel so happy... it's my special treasure!

Yeah, I'm fine.
Sorry, little girl. Are you okay?
Yeah, sure...
Haven't we...? No, it's just my imagination. (She takes a few steps and turns.) Let's go, Anshar.
Okay, Sis.

(The siblings leave.)

Anshar...

(Setsuna arrives on the scene as Chibi-Usa stares creepily in their direction.)

Small Lady...
Pluto... is this right?
Yes. He has been through a life without battles. If he meets us again, he might be drawn into the fray.
Okay...

(They both begin to leave. Chibi-Usa turns back before leaving the screen.)

Anshar, I'll never forget you...

Yes, the final words of the game are blatant lies. Within a year, Chibi-Usa would fall in love with a horse who was also a prepubescent boy, proving that like her husband, Naoko Takeuchi was also a fan of US comic books.

The camera zooms out of Crystal Tokyo...

...up to the Moon.

Cue credits.

...and maybe something more.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... is the dragon supposed to be part of her? Is she just standing on its head? Is the dragon really Sin, and Demon Apsu is just her true form, or did Sin and Apsu merge and found a random void dragon to ride on? And if they're living in Crystal Tokyo in the future anyways, wouldn't they still get dragged into battles simply based on how often things seem to revolve around "Attack Crystal Tokyo, fail, go back in time and try to wipe out regular Tokyo" anyways?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

So, are you going to put together another update? Or do you intend to go on lying about how the final boss works?

Considering how weird the difficulty levels are, I suspect the real problem you were having is that you've overleveled to the point of integer overflow screwing up damage calculations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I forgot Apsu just randomly turns all-powerful from fusing with Sin. Coulda sworn there was more to it than "welp, we're 100% hosed, time to do the fusion dance".

MightyPretenders posted:

Considering how weird the difficulty levels are, I suspect the real problem you were having is that you've overleveled to the point of integer overflow screwing up damage calculations.

In my experience with the game, the characters' position in the formation makes a huge difference on damage calculations, and with the game neatly dividing everyone into high offense/low defense and high defense/low offense characters, you either end up with glass cannons in the front that die to a stiff breeze and invulnerable shields that can't knock down a cardboard cutout and exist only to toss out items because this game has a total of three moves that aren't attacks, or put offense in the back and defense in the front and end up with a party where nobody can deal damage but doesn't take damage.

The way the game works you could probably go from Saturn doing 999 damage in the front row and 9 in the back row.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Well, while everyone's still here let's review and talk about Apsu as a villain.

From what I remember, her progression went something like this.
1. Gain power from a giant evil meteorite.
2. Realize that achieving this level of corruption in a universe where the Silver Crystal's purification rays are all-powerful has given her the magical equivalent of a terminal disease.
3. Recruit counterparts to the Sailor Senshi by playing on their dissatisfaction with life in a supposed utopia which was all but wiped out a few years ago.
4. Realize that one of her new recruits has time travel powers that they could really use right now.
5. Defeat Pluto, and start twisting time so that old monsters randomly appear, alive, at points in the past (Sometimes, the same place dozens of times over). Make the mid-level and high level villians into more lieutenants.
6. Try to paradox the senshi and Crystal tokyo out of existence entirely. This fails because the Silver Crystal has it's own time manipulation powers (See any version of the Dark Kingdom's destruction).
7. Try to paradox the Silver Crystal out of existence. This partly works, because while they can prevent the set of events that led to it's recreation, that doesn't fully break through its defenses. This in turn causes #6 to partly work.
8. Distract the Senshi with the brother of their leader, since she hasn't thrown away her human attachments yet (And probably never will after R showed what a mistake that would be).
9. Lose anyway.
10. Follow Sin's lead and merge to become the Goddess of Destruction (Supposedly, this is what the final boss was supposed to be named).

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Meteorite or comet? For a franchise heavily involving heavenly bodies, this game was real confused on that point.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

a cartoon duck posted:

In my experience with the game, the characters' position in the formation makes a huge difference on damage calculations, and with the game neatly dividing everyone into high offense/low defense and high defense/low offense characters, you either end up with glass cannons in the front that die to a stiff breeze and invulnerable shields that can't knock down a cardboard cutout and exist only to toss out items because this game has a total of three moves that aren't attacks, or put offense in the back and defense in the front and end up with a party where nobody can deal damage but doesn't take damage.

The way the game works you could probably go from Saturn doing 999 damage in the front row and 9 in the back row.

Yeah, this was my experience too. I ended up putting everyone in a defensive formation and spamming link attacks. It worked pretty well for me, I certainty had less trouble then this LPer had. The only hard fight I had was the first form of the final boss.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

END ME SCOOB posted:

HOLY GOD what happened to your everything

Wow, they are REALLY bad for each other. :cool:

MightyPretenders posted:

Well, while everyone's still here let's review and talk about Apsu as a villain.

From what I remember, her progression went something like this.
1. Gain power from a giant evil meteorite.
2. Realize that achieving this level of corruption in a universe where the Silver Crystal's purification rays are all-powerful has given her the magical equivalent of a terminal disease.
3. Recruit counterparts to the Sailor Senshi by playing on their dissatisfaction with life in a supposed utopia which was all but wiped out a few years ago.
4. Realize that one of her new recruits has time travel powers that they could really use right now.
5. Defeat Pluto, and start twisting time so that old monsters randomly appear, alive, at points in the past (Sometimes, the same place dozens of times over). Make the mid-level and high level villians into more lieutenants.
6. Try to paradox the senshi and Crystal tokyo out of existence entirely. This fails because the Silver Crystal has it's own time manipulation powers (See any version of the Dark Kingdom's destruction).
7. Try to paradox the Silver Crystal out of existence. This partly works, because while they can prevent the set of events that led to it's recreation, that doesn't fully break through its defenses. This in turn causes #6 to partly work.
8. Distract the Senshi with the brother of their leader, since she hasn't thrown away her human attachments yet (And probably never will after R showed what a mistake that would be).
9. Lose anyway.
10. Follow Sin's lead and merge to become the Goddess of Destruction (Supposedly, this is what the final boss was supposed to be named).

This is actually a really clear summary of the actual plot of the game, well done.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So, had there been a sequel.

Would spooky death man have a notepad with "Forgot your birthday party" crossed out...and "Timeline destroying boyfriend" hastily scribbled under it?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If it were by the same team? Most definitely, especially if she had forgotten all about him (which she would have) and even more shenanigans may have happened. It would probably be a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Congratulations on... making it to the end... I guess?

This game is so incoherent I would not put anything out of the realm of possibility, up to and including a bonus hidden "Rose Mode" that is basically Tuxedo Mask's Punch-Out!

• Locked thread