Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I need to go 8-1 now to get 25 wins, prob not gonna happen, but I should at least get -- wait for it -- 22 or 23 again, lol

One of my losses wasn't real tho, I was ahead and my wife turned on our other PS4 which I had mistakenly left logged into PSN so it booted me off, so that was totally my fault. Felt bad, but if I win 24 I'll feel like I still won 25 and I'll be happy.

Edit: got 22, whatever

Now that I know the free TOTS cards aren't til next month it doesn't bother me as much

The random good player I friended from the beta got 39 this week :stare:

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastDeadMouse
Sep 5, 2003
I'd really recommend everyone throwing the random cards you've got in your club into the EPL Premium Upgrade SBC. I'm normally not a fan of untradeables, but this one seems really good to me because if you get a blue you are gonna use it for the rest of the season. It costs ~8,500 coins a pop if you use random discard rare golds and you are guaranteed to get 3 rare PL players plus another 9 non rares. You can run the non rare golds through the other EPL SBC and get basically a jumbo old pack but only with PL players. I basically emptied out my whole club and have done probably close to 70 of them now. The only reason I'm stopping is I'm afraid of getting more duplicate TOTS which freaking sucks cause you've got to discard them or open up the app on your phone to dump them into another SBC. Anyways here's what I ended up packing:

TOTS Lloris
TOTS Kane
TOTS Eriksen
2x TOTS Vertonghen
2x TOTS Keane

IF Coutinho
IF Jagielka
3x IF Naughton

Courtois
Cech
Cazorla
Kompany
Mkhitaryan
Basically every 84 rated PL player

Really nice haul for a bunch of crap that I wasn't going to use anyways. I'd imagine that the ones for Bundesliga and Seria A TOTS might be even better (less rare gold players in those leagues so better chance of TOTS in your packs) so you might want to hold off if you run those squads.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I've done like 25 of the premium and 30 of the regular (using mostly untradeables from the premium) and the best player I've pulled from them is normal Koscielny.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Won the DKT for TOTS Siggi first try, hell yeah. Looking forward to trying him out, he looks pretty drat spicy.

e: Man his stamina is only 79, now I'm conflicted.

ee: I guess futhead doesn't have the correct stats listed yet, 79 stamina is what his NIF has, his 84 rated IF has 84 so I'd hope this one has like 90+

triple edit (lol): according to screenshots on reddit, his IG stamina is 92, crisis averted.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 22, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

LastDeadMouse posted:

Really nice haul for a bunch of crap that I wasn't going to use anyways. I'd imagine that the ones for Bundesliga and Seria A TOTS might be even better (less rare gold players in those leagues so better chance of TOTS in your packs) so you might want to hold off if you run those squads.

Yea those SBCs have good value if youre planning on running an EPL team the rest of the year. My problem is that I change teams so loving much that every SBC I do I really have to weigh it up. If you're an EPL player all the SBCs make sense. I talked about it way earlier. The POTM sbcs actually suck despite sounding like a good idea because they make people lock up their coins into a specific league and gives them little incentive to play anything else leading to even more cookie cutter teams. Add on top of that that they are giving away a top 10, possibly top 5 LW in the game for a pittance right now (son) and WL is becoming worse and worse. As someone who destroyed with 76 son in fifa 14, gently caress heung min son this year. Incredibly overpowered.

I'm just guessing here but I have a feeling EA might do a retiring legends sbc with Totti, Lahm, and Alonso.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Got the Sigurdssson on second try, between him and 89 Son I guess I have a decent EPL team in the works if I ever decide to do one

Maybe I should put on some podcasts and do the SBC farming described here, haha

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The good thing is if you really don't get on with a card you can chuck them into an sbc and meet any special card requirements and have a high rated card which will save you a bunch of coins. Tossing SBC Higuain into the El Sharaawy SBC saved me a ton of coins and I have 0 regrets over it. In fact I made coins on that sbc anyways from pre planning it and getting good packs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got Gylfi fist time as well. I actually really enjoyed the one special card requirement for the tournament. I used a French team built around POTY Mbappe who I finally plunked down my coins on. Gylfi feels good in game but there are two big issues with his card. Iceland + Swansea means it's basically impossible to make a good hybrid with him, also the announcer's screams Gyfli's name and his voice cracks every time you take a shot. He might find his way into an SBC soon...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That second part sounds like a plus to me.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

:3:

We've definitely got some pretty decent players in the thread, so I'm glad everyone was able to help you improve as much as we could.

I forgot to post this earlier: Highlights and one spectacular lowlight from one of my games on Friday I think. One of the worst own goals I've ever scored in the 2nd vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-rW12tm68k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2AEU4okCoo
Sexy goals. That own goal is hilarious :lol: I don't think I've ever walked an own goal in like that. The ones I score are usually dumb chested touches that bounce into goal.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got OTW Jesus at his lowest price (79K) I could sell for 115k atm but I'm going to ride this OTW as one last gamble instead of playing it safe. His OTW is already stupid powerful. If he gets a 90 pace + 90 dribbling card and his IF is RW I could do alright.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I sold one for 140k already so that I break even even if there's no inform and a crash. I've got two more to sell and I'm gonna ride it, if he gets an IF tomorrow I should stand to make a pretty good amount, and if not I'll be a little sad but oh well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I just think with the EPL bias + OTW bias + Jesus being in form after an injury he'll get the nod imo. He's very fun to play with btw if you haven't tried him. His passing and shooting stats are all in the important places and he's got crazy stamina.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If he gets a RW inform I'll probably look to pick it up, he'd be a pretty good fit for my BPL team.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I meant to mention before but snap up the fosu mensahs and akes now and make a ~6k profit per in two weeks

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
drat, no IF Jesus, oh well. Glad I sold one early for 140, I shouldn't take much of a loss on the other two since I bought them for a very low price but still, drat.

e: One of those funny situations where his OTW is selling for less than his IF now, which I mean, leagues may be over but he plays well for Brazil and I'm sure they've got qualifiers sometime this summer, so...

hopterque fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 24, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Would you believe CONMEBOL waits until August?

There are a few friendlies tho

e: feelin real heart eyes emoji about that almiron IF for the Martinez green link

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 24, 2017

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Aaarrrrggghhh I just got to the final of the new DKO on the first try. Was leading 2-0 in tbe 84th and after no lag all game it DC's all of a sudden and blames me. Wasn't there a trick that people could do to force the game to think the other player disconnected? I'm suspicious as hell

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

They just had to make room in the totw for pogbas 4th special card for doing nothing and a son card while his sbc is out. Oh well I didn't do the son sbc and now there is a better tradeable central card. Hopefully he'll be low because tons of people did the sbc.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 24, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

Aaarrrrggghhh I just got to the final of the new DKO on the first try. Was leading 2-0 in tbe 84th and after no lag all game it DC's all of a sudden and blames me. Wasn't there a trick that people could do to force the game to think the other player disconnected? I'm suspicious as hell

Contact EA about this. If you have a decent record in the DKO/WL qualification/etc they'll give you a win as a known issue.

Seltzer posted:

They just had to make room in the totw for pogbas 4th special card for doing nothing and a son card while his sbc is out. Oh well I didn't do the son sbc and now there is a better tradeable central card. Hopefully he'll be low because tons of people did the sbc.

The SBC is super super cheap relative to value, so if it isn't I'd advise snagging him!

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 24, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Contact EA about this. If you have a decent record in the DKO/WL qualification/etc they'll give you a win as a known issue.

They don't give you the reward though iirc which is kind of lovely.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, it's hardly gospel but there's a reddit thread rn where a guy got Sig that way and posted his chatlog.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Well, it's hardly gospel but there's a reddit thread rn where a guy got Sig that way and posted his chatlog.

Alright well I've heard of tons of people not being granted rewards/access when going through customer service and I though you were talking about the webpage qualification that I used once that autoqualifies you. That definitely didn't give me any rewards.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I honestly think from playing with 86 Son and playing against his 89 that his 90 is better than Ronaldo because his 89 already performs like it. I might sell Ronaldo and make the plunge on a PL team. With WL rewards, people who really want Son having already done the SBC and a new tots friday I see Son hitting 200k. Essentially the situation is that if you don't use this card given the price and stats you don't care about winning. Maybe I'll just use him as a super sub. The card is a complete joke and I wish EA balanced cards better. He has 99 heading and has scored 4 headers in his career, none this year. They need to strike a balance between the big upgrades this year and the more meager upgrades in 13 and 14. Boost lower cards a good deal then get much tinier with increases the higher the card. Also show some restraint from giving super high cards 8 ifs for 1 goal a match when other players are scoring hat tricks in lesser leagues.

e- top 10 goals per game ratio on player with over 100,000 games played

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 25, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They need to do what NBA 2k did this year, and do a crunch on inflated ratings. The highest rated active player in that game at launch was Lebron James, at an 85 rating. Now it's late in the cycle and they've overinflated everything and there's a bunch of 95+ players in that game too but at least they had room to grow and add shitloads of special card version and historic players and stuff. It also allowed them to make special versions of players truly special, giving players massive boosts for extremely good playoff performances and etc. Their system hasn't been perfect or anything but I really feel like Fifa needs to think about doing a crunch along those lines.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

They need to do what NBA 2k did this year, and do a crunch on inflated ratings. The highest rated active player in that game at launch was Lebron James, at an 85 rating. Now it's late in the cycle and they've overinflated everything and there's a bunch of 95+ players in that game too but at least they had room to grow and add shitloads of special card version and historic players and stuff. It also allowed them to make special versions of players truly special, giving players massive boosts for extremely good playoff performances and etc. Their system hasn't been perfect or anything but I really feel like Fifa needs to think about doing a crunch along those lines.

That was good in theory but super cards were basically available from go but people had to spend super money on them (even more than fifa). The game was saturated with super cards like a third through the cycle. So it's the worst of both worlds imo. Super pay to win and most people were playing with garbage base cards because they undercut base player abilities too much. Westbrook's base card felt like rear end, you know, the guy who averaged a triple double throughout the season. The card could hardly hit a midrange, couldn't hit a three, and couldn't rebound. That's just not right. Amethyst Yao Ming came out half way through the year and cost nothing and hosed the game. 2k shouldn't be seen as a model to follow imo.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 25, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I meant more that the idea of doing a ratings squish or reset is the correct one, not that all the rest of the baggage that came with it is a good idea.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What, you're telling me dendoncker isn't one of the bestall around players in the world?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The SBC is super super cheap relative to value, so if it isn't I'd advise snagging him!

I sent EA an email about the reward and I also used that self service WL tool which let me in with one click of the button. That's bizarre.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just remember to be simultaneously polite and assertive. Get ready to hear all about how whatever fellow answers your inquiry also enjoys the FUT and understands your pain.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When are weekly rewards due out?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jonathan Fisk posted:

When are weekly rewards due out?

7 BST, so 4 minutes from now, 8 PM CEST

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Agree with this. I haven't bothered getting the 3IF-Modeste and I'm honestly considering not bothering with his TOTS. "Oh wow! His 94 finishing is now 96! Oh wow his positioning jumped from 95 to 98!!" Like at that point it doesn't matter much.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

Agree with this. I haven't bothered getting the 3IF-Modeste and I'm honestly considering not bothering with his TOTS. "Oh wow! His 94 finishing is now 96! Oh wow his positioning jumped from 95 to 98!!" Like at that point it doesn't matter much.

I disagree a little bit, I find for certain stats there is a very noticeable difference between great stats and really great stats. Long shots and all the dribbling stats especially. Like the difference between 90 and 95 dribbling feels massive to me. The picture I posted of top scorers bares out the fact that there are real gains from upgrades and every little bit counts imo. Fwiw TIF Modeste felt much better than IF Modeste for me.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Just got TOTS Azpi from one of the marquee matchup packs, and was impatient and opened my 100k packs from WL and got MOTM Alex Sandro from one of them, who to my shock only sells for like 90k, which is absurd for the best version of the best LB in the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao I was griping out loud about wasting money on the liga mx matchup and pulled son in the reward pack

Now because I'm a shithead I'm grumbling about wasting money on the sbc

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got nothing out of those. My crazy pack luck has run dry for tots.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Lmao I was griping out loud about wasting money on the liga mx matchup and pulled son in the reward pack

Now because I'm a shithead I'm grumbling about wasting money on the sbc

Why wasting money, you can sell your new Son for a lot more than he's probably actually worth given the cost of the sbc.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I suppose I'd rather have the CAM/ST than the LM/LF, but really the chem penalties can't be that severe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'd sell now, I reckon 90 Son will hit 200k tomorrow with Bundesliga tots.

• Locked thread