Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Angry Diplomat posted:

The most powerful healing effect is the one you get for killing everything and moving on to a new fight. Embrace violence and live for destruction.

The second most powerful one is the item that does damage equal to overhealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Ichor Chalice is loving hilarious if you get Doctor. Spend 4 mana to instantly disintegrate the top enemy

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had the tweak in Blursed mode that is +1 to hero sides, +2 to enemy sides. When I had a reroll face, nothing mattered. I didn't on the third loop, but I obliterated Hexia and got overconfident because I was tired, somehow ending up with a Robot against an Imp. No damage sides. :(

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Wild 20 turn victory, finally found a set where Barrel Time could shine:

Mark + Vine did tons of work, also had huge boss luck, the three witches were perfect for barrels, and Tarantus and Hexia both spawned with hordes of imps.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Found a bug - Spark is appearing as a level 7 item instead of level 0.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Pain of Mind posted:

A few that I have that have not been listed:
Complete custom party on unfair or harder with no reds or blues
Lose X heroes by using ability goes up to at least 6 and covers every number in-between

Sadly 6 appears to be the maximum. I tried 7 through 10 but... no dice :imunfunny:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Dumbbell isn't giving +4 to bloodlust sides that rise to 4 pips. Intended?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Jedit posted:

The Dumbbell isn't giving +4 to bloodlust sides that rise to 4 pips. Intended?

Explicitly intended, yes:

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Finally got an Unfair win (on custom). Ended up with 2 weavers, one with pocket mirror and the other with emerald mirror so they both had two double mana sides, along with an artificer with thimble in the last slot (warlock and seer were the other two). I got lucky with rolls, generating a ton of mana and getting the artificer's charged damage on the first turn. Hexia went down to one shot from the artificer + a blaze, then two casts of Blades took out the imps before they could attack. Moving thimble to the last character was nice to keep the artificer alive, but not even necessary with rolls that good.

Well, I guess it's on to Brutal now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
game owns thanks Tann

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I love that even after it's been out this long, people come here specifically to say "game good".

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Trying to make the weird stuff I'm working on into something actually playable!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Is it weird that I'm excited for the change to the almanac to expand blessings. Is this also happening for items?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

Is it weird that I'm excited for the change to the almanac to expand blessings. Is this also happening for items?

Kinda, I'm still figuring out how to handle it. There's a lot of ways to make custom items and include them in shareable custom modes though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tann posted:

Kinda, I'm still figuring out how to handle it. There's a lot of ways to make custom items and include them in shareable custom modes though.

That implies the possibility of fixed condition runs with unique "must equip" i-tems.

Incidentally, if you don't already have an item that does this, a suggestion: Gorgon's Mirror. The bearer is turned into a Statue.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

That implies the possibility of fixed condition runs with unique "must equip" i-tems.

Incidentally, if you don't already have an item that does this, a suggestion: Gorgon's Mirror. The bearer is turned into a Statue.

It's possible to hack this in. You can also design heroes to start with. Probably a lot is possible that I haven't even thought of.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I can see how custom items/heroes etc would work as everything is just a collection of sides+keywords (mostly, except for special cases like Twin or some of the weirder items), but are custom spells a possibility? Not sure if their code behind the scenes would allow for that, or if it's less flexible.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Razakai posted:

are custom spells a possibility?

Not really at the moment. I added some generated spells but they're quite basic.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Also, yknow what would be neat? Pet classes. I could see a necromancer or something with 'summon a friendly bones' as a spell, albeit with some stat tweaks. Or a ranger that has mediocre sides but a wolf buddy. Twin is already kinda along those lines.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
playing a lot of slice & dice

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Love to slam out some super easy Heaven runs. More pips please

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
A super-easy tip for getting better, from my experience, is make generous use of the undo button and don't be afraid to have to run through a single turn multiple times to squeeze out all the juice you can.

I've surely played hundred of hours of this game over the years, still routinely have to completely undo whole turns because I missed a way to save a mana or something.

Don't be scared to rewind!

More esoterically - undying is way better than I initially gave it credit for. It's a strong defensive option at base, but the synergies it enables make it outrageous. I way, way underestimated its utility.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Which one is undying?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Undying is the "can't die this turn/for X turns" effect. Valkyrie applies it, and a couple of items can give it for the first two or four turns of combat. It's absolutely beautiful against Tarantus and Hexia.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's true, valkyrie is really, really good. That's not even getting into its utility with Ghast, Wraith, or Barbarian.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Oh sure, okay, I thought a blessing like "all heroes undying for 1 turn" was being referred to or something!

Yes, I nearly always take Valk, or one of those items.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Getting an Angel Feather on Valkyrie for Rescue on the undying sides is like cheating but it's legal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
feels bad to have trash dps and get slowly zerged on hexia fml

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
just killed hexia in 2 turns with the freaking thing that turns mana into dmg and triples and the rogue style dudes aoe echoing the huge dmg. incredible. amazing game.

e: i also had the clay which i hoped would double the tripler but it didnt.

Smythe fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 29, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

just killed hexia in 2 turns with the freaking thing that turns mana into dmg and triples and the rogue style dudes aoe echoing the huge dmg. incredible. amazing game.

e: i also had the clay which i hoped would double the tripler but it didnt.

Yeah, items always get applied sequentially. So the first copy of sharp wit transforms all of your mana sides into damage sides with triple the pips, and the second copy does nothing because you have no mana sides left after the first copy converted them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, items always get applied sequentially. So the first copy of sharp wit transforms all of your mana sides into damage sides with triple the pips, and the second copy does nothing because you have no mana sides left after the first copy converted them.

ya thats what if igured. thnx

Andante
Jul 3, 2008
I finally got the Classic Unfair 2-Streak achievement!

The leaderboard shows that I'm one of 193 people to do so.

The first run was not so difficult, I had the curse that adds a gnoll every third turn. I think it's budgeted as much worse than it actually is, because it's worth 5 points.

For the second run, I had a handful of smaller curses, including the one where you start with every character poisoned for 2 on the last fight. My final fight was against the dragon, and I only just barely squeezed by thanks to a few lucky rolls on an Eccentric wearing a Time Stone (cantrip right and far-right sides).

Now the stats screen says that I have 130 of 131 achievements, with no hint for the missing one. Is it Classic Brutal 2-Streak, a display bug, or something else?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Just beat brutal once any mode, I'm not completely sure why it's not displayed but that's the req.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Just beat brutal once any mode, I'm not completely sure why it's not displayed but that's the req.

Hmm, that's not the one - I beat brutal on custom mode with an all blue squad. Guess I'll have to find an achievement list somewhere and compare.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Starting to warm up to the idea of a way to save a state in blursed so you don't have to do those first 100 again to start getting to where the challenge ramps up.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Andante posted:

Hmm, that's not the one - I beat brutal on custom mode with an all blue squad. Guess I'll have to find an achievement list somewhere and compare.

Figured it out I think. I'm missing the achievement for a victory on Generate - Unfair.

I love Generate mode but it tends to give everyone sides with only one pip. I want more insanity!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Starting to warm up to the idea of a way to save a state in blursed so you don't have to do those first 100 again to start getting to where the challenge ramps up.

Blortcut??

Blursed was intended as an easy mode, have you tried cursed hyper much?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
blursed hyper when

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

That'd be, what, curse after every fight, blessing after every boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

silvergoose posted:

That'd be, what, curse after every fight, blessing after every boss?

that's already cursed-hyper, the only difference between cursed and blursed is extra blessings to start