Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

I hope Trips big announcement is he is going home now

https://youtu.be/Lql2g9SgJ6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Hhh trying to steal tony’s big announcement gimmick

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol lmao

I hope HHH’s huge announcement was thrown in the trash

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

vince mcmahon, ruining triple h's dreams remotely

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Months and months of work, ruined :(

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

We were so close..

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

Former WWE and current AEW star CM Punk was backstage for a bit at tonight's Monday Night Raw taping, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Tonight's taping is being held in his hometown of Chicago (well, Rosemont, IL, right outside) at the Allstate Center, the same venue where Punk defeated John Cena for the WWE title at the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV.

There's no word who Punk was there visiting, but we have heard from several WWE sources that he did briefly see Paul Levesque, which would have been the first time the two have met in person since the day Punk walked out of the company back in 2014.

Punk also met with several other WWE talents, but was eventually asked to exit the arena.

One WWE source believed it may have been since he was under contract to another company. We are told by the same source that it was a Vince McMahon call that he leave the venue and that when he was asked, Punk immediately said his goodbyes and left the building

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao is this him trying to play hardball with Tony

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Triple H's big announcement of CM Punk returning was scrapped by Vince

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Punk has to do thinks it the most dramatic, pissbaby way, and that's why he is an all timer pro wrestler.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I seem to remember Punk throwing a hissy fit when a friend went backstage at a WWE show after Punk was let go?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

You forgot the part where as Punk was walking away with his head hung low you could hear Vincent Kennedy shout “I’ll owe you one pal!”

Love how Punk met Paul and was hanging out until mean ol Dad told Hunter his loser friends had to go home.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

forkboy84 posted:

I seem to remember Punk throwing a hissy fit when a friend went backstage at a WWE show after Punk was let go?

You might be lawsuit missing a lawsuit detail lawsuit or two lawsuit out of that lawsuit post. Lawsuit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Never doubt the Vince Everywhere System

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Either wwe is playing punk or punk is agreeing to a retirement run of jobbing in Mountain Dew matches to spite Tony. Both are funny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Either wwe is playing punk or punk is agreeing to a retirement run of jobbing in Mountain Dew matches to spite Tony. Both are funny

my read is that punk is trying to play tony in the dumbest way possible

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my read is that punk is trying to play tony in the dumbest way possible

It’s the episode of Seinfeld where George quits his job with a yearlong build

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does Punk even have any friends left in WWE? Who would he even be there visiting?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The seriouspost regarding him visiting for spite is the $52mil new show AEW's getting specifically because of him is about to be announced sometime literally within the next 10-11 days and he recognizes he's even more untouchable now than he was pre-Brawl Out

Which, a) good for him, and b) it's funny, so good for us fans of funny. Things definitely shouldn't have worked out this way for myriad of reasons, but they have and will continue to do so because the universe also recognizes we need laughter and will always find a way to provide that

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Could be a planned media stunt to generate headlines.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want Punk to just come back and make AEW a bunch of money that AEW can then spend renewing all of they key talent so we can watch a bunch of cool, fun wrestling.

But holy poo poo, imagine how funny it would be if he just slipped right in front of Cody to beat Roman for those belts.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

aew is getting another rampage? man i'm out of the loop

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
A 45 year old going to casually hang out at the place he used to work a decade ago where most of the people who still know him openly hate him...just classic normal guy stuff

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

Have you seen the IWGP World Heavyweight Title?

bartok
May 10, 2006

xbilkis posted:

A 45 year old going to casually hang out at the place he used to work a decade ago where most of the people who still know him openly hate him...just classic normal guy stuff

what a carny dipshit

fake edit - punk not you

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Cody Rhodes promo

- LWO vs. Bloodline

- Trish Stratus video

- SPOILER SEGMENT

- Triple H segment

- Raquel Rodriguez, Liv Morgan & Bianca Belair vs. Damage CTRL

- Austin Theory promo

- Chad Gable vs. Mustafa Ali

- SPOILER MATCH

- Seth Rollins promo

- Rey Mysterio vs. Damian Priest

Backstage News

- CM Punk was backstage today and left.

- The card that was sent along at 7 PM EST was the same as last night

- Dexter Lumis vs. Joe Gacy is set for WWE Main Event

- Nikki Cross vs. Cora Jade is set for WWE Main Event.

SPOILERS:

- Trish Stratus, Piper Niven and Candice LeRae are set for a backstage segment.

- Discussion backstage is that a new title belt would be revealed

- Cody Rhodes is set to face Finn Balor

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

- Cody Rhodes is set to face Finn Balor

That's a main event feud anywhere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider update on things posted:

PWinsider reported that CM Punk was briefly backstage at April 24's WWE Raw. Those that we spoke to said that they got eyes on Punk speaking to talent, including Miz, who he's had cross words with on Twitter in the past. There was also word that he briefly spoke with Triple H.

Several talent had been told that CM Punk was asked to leave by Jim Kelly, WWE's head of security, but that hadn't been confirmed. Numerous wrestlers in WWE believed that the move was a publicity stunt for a return to AEW soon.

Those that we spoke to said that Punk left without incident.

There were several AEW talent in disbelief when they heard that he was backstage at Raw.

We've asked WWE in an official capacity about the situation, but were just told they don't have that info as of yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk apologized to the Elite, liked how it felt and went to go find more people to apologize to.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think Punk went to anger management and has been going around making amends. We’re about to see a new, healthier Punk. I’m really glad to see it happen

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

Punk apologized to the Elite, liked how it felt and went to go find more people to apologize to.

Everyone except Colt

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think Punk went to anger management and has been going around making amends. We’re about to see a new, healthier Punk. I’m really glad to see it happen

If he can make amends with the doofus son-in-law, he can make amends with anyone :)

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Vince is going to put Punk on Raw isn’t he

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

That's a main event feud anywhere else

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JamesDrake_GYV/status/1650657691625304066?t=2Vb8KgxZNC3ekuCeskzIng&s=09

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Punk attempting to get back on Triple Paul’s side with bribes of laser-engraved Lemmy sledgehammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

WWE just hates dudes it names Drake.